PDA

View Full Version : Pat Fenlon - It's official

SteveHFC
25-11-2011, 09:03 AM
club website

Sherlock Jones
25-11-2011, 09:04 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111125/new-manager-appointed_2262950_2527235

Craig_in_Prague
25-11-2011, 09:04 AM
Welcome Pat :flag:

hibiedude
25-11-2011, 09:06 AM
At Last we have a new manager welcome Pat now lets get the party started

Jack
25-11-2011, 09:07 AM
An official welcome from me Pat.
Good luck and work hard.

Northernhibee
25-11-2011, 09:08 AM
What he is saying in that is absolutely spot on. Looking forward to the press conference.

Paddy Fenlons Green and white army!

down-the-slope
25-11-2011, 09:10 AM
just on main news...lets see what happens

NOLA
Congrats Pat Fenlon on joining the Hibees family :flag:

Stevie Reid
A couple of weeks ago, if someone had told me that we'd be going for him over Michael O'Neill, I would have been very upset - as it is, and knowing what we do about him, I am very happy with his appointment.

He seems exactly the kind of character that we need and I very much like what he has stated about the mindset of the players.

Welcome Pat :thumbsup:

norhfc
25-11-2011, 09:11 AM
Welcome Pat and good luck :greengrin

HibeeMG
"But in order to move Hibernian forward there will need to be a lot of hard work and a clear change in mindset shown collectively by the team.

The primary goal is to provide winning football to the Hibernian supporters, who have gone through some hard times recently.

But we will also try to entertain our fans in the process and put a smile on their faces.

Already said more to get the juices flowing than more than 12 months with CC!

banchoryhibs
Welcome Pat,

I look forward to your winning ways:flag::flag:

Hibs07p
25-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Welcome to Hibs Pat, time to kick ass and get this lot playing to our full potential.

GGTTH

ManBearPig
Just caught it on bbc. Welcome paddy hope you get a chance to make a difference.

Dalianwanda
All the best Pat...Looking forward to coming over from Dublin for the festive games now! :flag:

Hibernia Na Eir
25-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Magic news!
Faltie Paddy :)

ScottB
25-11-2011, 09:14 AM
Welcome to Pat, already what he is saying is spot on... Let's see what he can do!

hibees59
25-11-2011, 09:14 AM
Welcome aboard the crazy train. :flag:

.SeventyFive
25-11-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm happy with this.

Had a bad feeling about another ex-player managing so Michael O'Neil was a no no for me.

Looking forward to seeing what Pat can do!

Don Giovanni
25-11-2011, 09:15 AM
Welcome Pat and good luck.

(Don't know much about the guy but the fact that we've appointed a "manager" this time is a positive)

GGTTH

DAVE1875
25-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Welcome Pat! :flag:

Time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... That reminds me I need to nip to the shops

IWasThere2016
A couple of weeks ago, if someone had told me that we'd be going for him over Michael O'Neill, I would have been very upset - as it is, and knowing what we do about him, I am very happy with his appointment. He seems exactly the kind of character that we need and I very much like what he has stated about the mindset of the players.

Welcome Pat :thumbsup:

I would have been happy with either tbh.

WELCOME PADDY :thumbsup:

Renfrew_Hibby
Welcome to Hibernian Pat. Good luck and we, the Hibs supporters, are right with you. GGTTH.

Andy74
25-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Good stuff. Welcome Pat. Total mindset change needed he says. Too right!

MWHIBBIES
25-11-2011, 09:20 AM
Welcome and good luck Pat :flag:

Craig_in_Prague
25-11-2011, 09:20 AM
All you's that can/do attend games............get behind him plz........Please don't expect too much too soon..........
Have a feeling he's what we need :aok:

Andy74
25-11-2011, 09:22 AM
All you's that can/do attend games............get behind him plz........Please don't expect too much too soon..........
Have a feeling he's what we need :aok:

I might even buy another pie and bovril most weeks.

killie-hibby
25-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Best Wishes and Good Luck to Pat Fenlon. Hope he achieves his promise to change the mindset of the team.

Bigbobajob
25-11-2011, 09:23 AM
About time too, it was starting to drag a bit. Can't complain too much just hope the board have got the right man this time round. Welcome to Hibs Pat! Time for the Hibees faithful to get right behind the new manager and give him 100% support.

:flag:

Bob Box Fish
25-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Welcome on board Pat.

BigKev
25-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Good luck Pat!

Welcome to Easter Road :aok:

Stevie Reid
25-11-2011, 09:27 AM
I would have been happy with either tbh.

WELCOME PADDY :thumbsup:

I would've fully supported MON being appointed too, but Fenlon does seem the better option on paper.

R'Albin
25-11-2011, 09:28 AM
Happy with that.

Welcome, Pat :thumbsup:

Speedway
25-11-2011, 09:28 AM
Welcome Pat! :flag:

Time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... That reminds me I need to nip to the shops

Yeah Pat, don't get those two mixed up.

What's that you say, free flowing attacking football with a cutting edge? bring it on!....no, wait...

Green Man
25-11-2011, 09:30 AM
From what I've read of Pat Fenlon's work in Ireland, I'm happy with his appointment. I like what he has to say on the club website, sounds like he's got the right idea :thumbsup:

Welcome Pat :flag:

brydekirk
25-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Welcome nutsy, time to shine.

frazeHFC
25-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Paddy Fenlon's Green 'n' White Army!!! :thumbsup:

Aubenas
25-11-2011, 09:36 AM
A Phadraig, a chara,
Failte go Bothar na Caisc!
Ádh mór ort!

Gatecrasher
25-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Welcome Paddy

I think this could be a good one and get us going again.

blackpoolhibs
25-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Get us winning Pat, and the rewards will be there for all to see. Good luck.:thumbsup:

matty_f
25-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Really pleased with this, all the best Pat - you'll need all the luck you can get!

Mark79
25-11-2011, 09:42 AM
He has a fair job on his hands but all the best to him.

down-the-slope
25-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Petrie said: ‘There was interest in this post from the four corners of the globe. At the last count, we had 105 names in for the job.

‘At the end of it we have ourselves a very good manager, a proven winner. When you speak to people about him, they tell you what a quality guy he is. He’s absolutely the
right man for the job. He is here to get us winning and challenging at the top of the table and, hopefully, getting back into Europe.’

He has never played club football or managed in Scotland. But Petrie believes Hibs will benefit from a new face.

‘He brings a freshness to the game in Scotland and he’s very experienced. We’ve brought someone with vigour and vitality.’

No not a quote from today....but from 13 months ago. Talk as they say is cheap...of course he and the club are saying the right things....the previous 2 incumbants (and board in good faith) said the right things initially......

Lets judge on what happens in reality....BUT give him time to make the changes.... The previous 2 made mistakes but neither was given enough time by us the fans before being slated and their position becoming untenable

I could not care who is manager....Happy Hearty wearing a pink Tutu if getting results - returning some pride - and giving a modicum of entertainment would get my vote...

Aldo
25-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Welcome to the family Pat.

Rodders hit the nail on the head

He's a Winner.

GG

green glory
25-11-2011, 09:46 AM
PADDY FENLON'S GREEN & WHITE ARMY!!!!

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::aok:

Speedway
25-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Is it true that the Bohs actual nickname is the gypsies?

If so, it's a perfect fit.

Now let's appoint BB as defensive coach and you get us attacking Paddy and we should be like a raver in a filing cabinet - sorted.

Leithenhibby
25-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Think it's fair to say that every "Pat" we have had at ER has been a good one. :wink:

Welcome Mr Fenlon :aok:

YehButNoBut
25-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Welcome Paddy boy, let's hope your a winner with the Hibees.

You'll need time to turn things around but I'm positive you can do it.

:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

Dek
25-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Welcome Pat. Hope the first thing you do is clear out the duds :scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::tsk tsk::chop::chop:

Forza Fred
25-11-2011, 10:00 AM
Welcome Pat.

Trust me, you have an interesting journey ahead..as we HIbs fan, as you will find are easy to please and do not have unrealistic expectations.!!

PS..When did you say will we win the cup? :wink:

Robinho08
25-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Welcome Pat 'Nutsy' Fenlon, Pat Nevin look-a-like.

I've got a guid vibe, hope your the man to take us forward.

Speedway
25-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Haven't seen this posted but whilst there is no compo to pay for Paddy, part of the deal includes another friendly to be played against the Bohs this season.

southern hibby
25-11-2011, 10:04 AM
All the best. Ggtth

Big Frank
25-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Welcome to the Hibernian family Pat :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Glory

Hibbyradge
25-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Is no-one underwhelmed about this appointment?

EskbankHibby
25-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Welcome Pat.:aok:

Steady progress will do me.

:flag::flag::flag:

.Sean.
25-11-2011, 10:08 AM
First home game v Rangersa could be tasty!

sundo1875
25-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Fenlon must goooo.

Jokes , welcome to hibernian

ronaldo7
25-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Welcome to the family Patrick. The hard work starts now. Onwards and upwards. GGTTH

Speedway
25-11-2011, 10:10 AM

Underwhelmed?

An Irish Catholic title and cup winning, European qualifying, cheap option manager of a team called the Gypsies courted by Killie, Mothers and Arabs in the last two years yet chooses us? He IS Hibs.

The last time we appointed a manager from a lower standard division did us no harm did it?

Peevemor
25-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Think it's fair to say that every "Pat" we have had at ER has been a good one. :wink:

Welcome Mr Fenlon :aok:

I think we can agree that Pat McCurdy is the exception that proves the rule.

Anyway, welcome Pat F - lets hope we can all get behind you.

:pfgwa

Coco Bryce
25-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Can't contain my excitement.

Speedway
25-11-2011, 10:14 AM
I think we can agree that Pat McCurdy is the exception that proves the rule.

Anyway, welcome Pat F - lets hope we can all get behind you.

Sure but Pat McGroin produced a lift.

Newry Hibs
25-11-2011, 10:21 AM
It would be interesting to know who he beat to get the job and just why he was appointed (other than the usual media fodder). Though we probably won't find out.
Hopefully he has been appointed after lots of good things were found out about him from 'other football folk that were giving advice and being consulted'.

Bohstron
25-11-2011, 10:22 AM
well done Hibs, a great appointment, people in Ireland just cant understand how it has taken so long for him to step up to the higher level his talent so obviously deserves, but some of that has to do with his undying loyalty to Bohs, even when his squad was taken from him, he dug deep and built another when he could so easily have walked, that is the type of character you are inheriting at Hibs, now dust down the trophy cabinet because Pat doesnt "do" bare ones!

hope its true Hibs are coming for a friendly instead of compo, it will give Bohs fans a chance to say a proper goodbye, and if you fans are going to travel over please leave plenty of sterling behind in Dalymount, god knows we need it! good luck under Nutsy..we'll be watching closely and when he wins the first trophy, ill be back on here to say, I told ye so!!!

Beefster
25-11-2011, 10:25 AM
The last time we appointed a manager from a lower standard division did us no harm did it?

Jim Duffy?

Speedway
25-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Jim Duffy?

Exactly, up and coming hot property at the time.

hibby67
25-11-2011, 10:26 AM
welcome pat glad your on board
said more sence in 1 interview that cc said all his life................:agree:

J-C
25-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Welcome Pat, although not my first choice, his record over in Ireland is second to non, like many I prefered MON but will give him all the backing a new manager deserves. I like his after match interviews and hopefully he can kick into shape this bunch of wage thieves we have at the club right now, he doesn't seem to suffer fools gladly and also seems to have a bit more enthusiasm in him than CC seemed to show. We need to give him time to either get this lot playing and also get his own players in, hopefully we'll not be calling for his head in 12 months time, getting peed off going through this every autumn.

thebakerboy
25-11-2011, 10:30 AM
What I like about this appointment is he is young in years but has been managing for about 9 years and has had a hard spell when he was at Derry but has come through it and blossomed so now looking forward to him having success at ER , onwards and hopefully upwards GGTTH:pfgwa

Gmack7
25-11-2011, 10:33 AM
i hope u have a VERY happy new year,welcome aboard

steakbake
25-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Welcome to the Hibs and welcome to Edinburgh, Mr Fenlon!

Hibby cal
25-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Welcome to Hibernian fc pat.
Hope you can drive this proud team
Forward to where we should be in this
League.best of luck & top "o" the morning to ya

CentreLine
25-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Shame its two weeks before he gets a chance to be greeted at ER but maybe that's a good thing. Not going to Perth but looking forward to Motherwell with renewed optimism

GGTTH

J-C
25-11-2011, 10:41 AM
On a side note, I'd heard his wife was wary of leaving Dublin, I think she'll love Edinburgh, 1hr from Ireland and a city very similar to Dublin.

Also our Irish roots would be a big plus for Pat to try to get us back to our glory days, he'll understand that.:greengrin

MSK
25-11-2011, 10:41 AM

Peevemor
25-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Shame its two weeks before he gets a chance to be greeted at ER but maybe that's a good thing. Not going to Perth but looking forward to Motherwell with renewed optimism

GGTTH

If he manages to improve the performances (if not the results) for the 2 away games, it should boost the home crowd for the Huns game. :agree:

frazeHFC
25-11-2011, 10:45 AM
He is not in charge tomorrow so not expecting a massive turn-around straight away, but hopefully the players will be up for it. :thumbsup:

Coco Bryce
25-11-2011, 10:50 AM
He is not in charge tomorrow so not expecting a massive turn-around straight away, but hopefully the players will be up for it. :thumbsup:

Who is?

hibiedude
25-11-2011, 10:57 AM

I said on another thread that 2 weeks ago I had never heard of Pat Fenlon but that dosen't mean he's no good only time will tell if he has got what it takes.

if he turns out to be dud the fans will soon let him and the board know.

Spike Mandela
25-11-2011, 11:02 AM

Our team is underwhelming.God bless anyone who can change it!

bruno
25-11-2011, 11:03 AM
We have more than enough to concern us with ourselves at the moment so Pat if you could carry on the work that CC has started until at least after the Derby it will be much appreciated.

What I think will be interesting is can he get more out of the players. I think players such as Palsson, Galbraith and Thornhill must be better than what they have shown on a regular basis and I think he will be judged on their (among others) improvements rather than who he may bring in during the transfer window.

Can he kick start Wotherspoon and Booth’s promising careers and get Towell back on track.

For the sake of players like Booth and Wotherspoon I hope he can…….however I hope it takes him at least til the end of the season!!!

SteveHFC
25-11-2011, 11:11 AM
BB in charge on sat just been on sky news live, also live interview with PF this afternoon around 13:30

Kammy1875
25-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Welcome to Hibernian Pat. All the luck and best wishes in the world.

Hibrandenburg
25-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Welcome to the Cabbage Patch Pat. May your stay be long and prosperous.

Hamish
25-11-2011, 11:20 AM
well done Hibs, a great appointment, people in Ireland just cant understand how it has taken so long for him to step up to the higher level his talent so obviously deserves, but some of that has to do with his undying loyalty to Bohs, even when his squad was taken from him, he dug deep and built another when he could so easily have walked, that is the type of character you are inheriting at Hibs, now dust down the trophy cabinet because Pat doesnt "do" bare ones!

hope its true Hibs are coming for a friendly instead of compo, it will give Bohs fans a chance to say a proper goodbye, and if you fans are going to travel over please leave plenty of sterling behind in Dalymount, god knows we need it! good luck under Nutsy..we'll be watching closely and when he wins the first trophy, ill be back on here to say, I told ye so!!!

Thanks for the info and good wishes. If he wins us the cup you will hear the roar back in Dublin.

We are not the most patient bunch:greengrin but hopefully we can cut him some slack and let him get on with installing some passion and confidence back into us. He sounds exactly the type than can do just that.

Betty Boop
25-11-2011, 11:20 AM

Aye me. Anyhow hope the guy does well, and can turn things around. :greengrin

DC_Hibs
25-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Absolutely fantastic.
The scripting from Rod could not have been better.

Winning football is the priority but we also want to entertain the fans.
The fans are already lapping it up big style.

9 years experience (thats why we preferred him over O'Neill)

It's also highlighted again the two directors who were involved in the selection process - aye right!!

I'm happy with this appointment. Just shades it over O'Neill who of course has also benefitted from finances in his title wins.

OK, lets see if this guy can make use of the 4th best budget (soon to be 3rd) in a terrible league.

CS

Hibbyradge
25-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Underwhelmed?

An Irish Catholic title and cup winning, European qualifying, cheap option manager of a team called the Gypsies courted by Killie, Mothers and Arabs in the last two years yet chooses us? He IS Hibs.

Another giood thing is that he probably won't have to make too many immediate changes to CC's regime given that Pat Nutsy Fenlon is an anagram for Plenty of Suntan.

Confusingly, however, Patrick Nutsy Fenlon is an anagram for Notify ***** Central, but maybe we shouldn't dwell on that.

hibs0666
25-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Absolutely fantastic.
The scripting from Rod could not have been better.

Winning football is the priority but we also want to entertain the fans.
The fans are already lapping it up big style.

9 years experience (thats why we preferred him over O'Neill)

It's also highlighted again the two directors who were involved in the selection process - aye right!!

I'm happy with this appointment. Just shades it over O'Neill who of course has also benefitted from finances in his title wins.

OK, lets see if this guy can make use of the 4th best budget (soon to be 3rd) in a terrible league.

CS

All the directors would have been involved in the decision.

Sylar
25-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Meh - good luck, but I don't expect much.

The above isn't any reflection on Fenlon, but the squad of impostors he inherits to try and do something with.

He should be judged on his transfers and development of his team over time - I certainly don't expect whirlwind changes on the back of his appointment.

Andy74
25-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Confusingly, however, Patrick Fenlon is an anagram for Notify ***** Central, but maybe we shouldn't dwell on that.

Is it?

basehibby
25-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Welcome Pat - looking forward to seeing some more fire in these Hibees bellies - good luck! :thumbsup:

:flag::flag::flag:

roondheid
25-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Welcome to Hibernian, Paddy. :pfgwa

Hibbyradge
25-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Is it?

Yes. (If you add in Nutsy :greengrin )

Craig_in_Prague
25-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Meh - good luck, but I don't expect much.

The above isn't any reflection on Fenlon, but the squad of impostors he inherits to try and do something with.

He should be judged on his transfers and development of his team over time - I certainly don't expect whirlwind changes on the back of his appointment.

Well said.

Personally still think we're in for quite a few defeats in a row.........

He'll need time to sort out the current lot, if it's even possible.....and then he'll need to try and get 2-3 min players in during Jan....which is not an easy task, Jan window is never easy.

Onwards and upwards - but I still expect plenty of more suffering for a while yet.

RickyS
25-11-2011, 12:08 PM
anyone know if the press conference is live anywhere?

Andy74
25-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Yes. (If you add in Nutsy :greengrin )

Ah!

J-C
25-11-2011, 12:11 PM
anyone know if the press conference is live anywhere?

I think 13.30pm was mentioned on another post.

Www1875hfc
25-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Welcome To The Hibs Paddy. :aok:

You've came from the gypsies, so lets hope the curse is lifted. :greengrin

Hibee87
its in 10 mins

The Chairman will introduce new Manager Fenlon to the media at a press conference at Easter Road Stadium later today (12.30pm).

Keith_M
I liked the sound of this part

"a clear change in mindset shown collectively by the team."

frazeHFC
25-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Who is?

Billy Brown is what i have read.

Golden Bear
25-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Welcome aboard Pat.

Together we can make this Club great again.

hibeeleicester
25-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Press conference live anywhere?

SMAXXA
25-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Is it on the net live anywhere?

Andy74
25-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Doubt it's big enough to live. Probably get bits of it later on Sky.

HibeeMG
25-11-2011, 12:31 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/javaImages/84/21/0,,10290~10232196,00.jpg

frazeHFC
25-11-2011, 12:32 PM

:thumbsup:

GreenPJ
25-11-2011, 12:34 PM

A young looking Martin ONeill:wink:

Sir David Gray
25-11-2011, 12:36 PM
I wish him all the best in his new role with us. I wasn't particularly bothered about who got the job as I no longer have any faith in the board having the ability to recruit the correct manager for the club.

I have said for a while now that whilst Calderwood's position was untenable, it'll require a lot more than just a change in manager before we see a turnaround in our fortunes.

Good luck to him anyway. With the squad that he's inherited, he's going to need it.

Lago
25-11-2011, 12:40 PM

No

Purehibee_MYB
25-11-2011, 12:41 PM
PADDY FENLON'S GREEN AND WHITE ARMY

Dinkydoo
25-11-2011, 12:42 PM
All the best Fenlon.

Welcome to Hibs and all that. :flag:

bighairyfaeleith
25-11-2011, 12:44 PM
welcome pat, you better win some ****ing games!!! :grr:

Www1875hfc
Taken from the bbc sportsound site..

New Hibs manager Pat Fenlon will join us live on Sportsound tonight at 6:10pm 810 Medium Wave digital and online....

Hibbyradge
No

Actually, there are already a couple of folk on this thread who are clearly underwhelmed.

Unfortunately.

Personally, I don't think we'll ever lose again.

Hibs90
25-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Good luck to him, but I don't think he'll do anything with this current lot.

PaulSmith
25-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Doubt it's big enough to live. Probably get bits of it later on Sky.

CC's intro was live on STV news website

alfieboi75
25-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Oh happy days!

I do hope Pat the Man shall bring glory days to Hibernian FC and for us fans!

If we get to the Scottish Cup Final, and a top six finished at the end of the season then I shall don my mankini and walk from Waverly to Easter Road!

Oh....HAPPY DAYS!

Newry Hibs
25-11-2011, 01:02 PM
I've obviously missed something - but why 'Nutsy'?

iwasthere1972
25-11-2011, 01:03 PM

You can tell that he is one happy chappie to be in the Hibs job. Not a "forced" smile but one that says "Thanks Hibs - Christmas has come early and I'm up for the challenge ahead"

Welcome Pat.

Last Minute
25-11-2011, 01:04 PM

He used to nutmeg everyone as a player :greengrin

God Petrie
25-11-2011, 01:05 PM
He's shown more enthusiasm in a couple of hours than CC did in 12 months.

RickyS
25-11-2011, 01:06 PM
#Hibs - fenlon says not really discussed budget for January, wants to assess squad first

#Hibs - fenlon says no plans to bring anyone from bohemians over just now.

iwasthere1972
25-11-2011, 01:07 PM

He used to take his Y-fronts off and run around the changing room chasing the under 19's.

Oh wait a minute that was somebody else.

GreenCastle
25-11-2011, 01:09 PM
He's shown more enthusiasm in a couple of hours than CC did in 12 months.

:agree::thumbsup:

Going to take time to get us out this mess but have a good feeling about this one.

If for some reason it all goes Pete Tong - then the board and backroom staff are going to have no where to hide.

Let's get back to supporting the team and give him a big welcome at ER when the huns come to town.

Dashing Bob S
25-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Welcome Pat.

I think he'll be a great appointment - hungry and committed in a way the last incumbent never was, and some of that will rub off on the players. There are a few players not good enough to play at the level we need, they will be identified and shipped out. There are others lacking in application; they will be encouraged but if they don't shape up, will go, and there are others lacking in confidence who will be given a boost.

I'm not expecting miracles straight away - you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, but I will invest more patience in Fenlon than I did in Calderwood, as this time we have a man who really wants to be here.

blackpoolhibs
25-11-2011, 01:12 PM
I cant see how he will make much difference, although as i said a week or so. If he can organise the defence, pick the right team selection and get them playing in their right positions, it can only help.

This bunch of players are awful, he will find that out very quickly. January and the summer will again probably see another cull of players, and more new ones brought in.

Pat, please bring in better quality player than the last clown. :pray:

Just Alf
25-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Already said more to get the juices flowing than more than 12 months with CC!

You're NOT wrong! :thumbsup:

francobaresi
25-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Good luck and welcome to Hibernian Pat, let's hope the fans keep behind... :flag:

hibeeleicester
25-11-2011, 01:16 PM
On SSN next:thumbsup:

ALF TUPPER
25-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Welcome Pat.

Good luck ! We'll all see you tomorrow........... wont we folks ?? :wink:

Hibernian's most successful manager - wouldnt that be nice ? :agree:

frazeHFC
25-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Hopefully a big crowd tomorrow. Getting behind the team, singing without arguing. :greengrin Mon the Hibs! :not worth

GreenCastle
25-11-2011, 01:20 PM
On SSN Now..

Backroom staff to be discussed next week

Lost count how many times he talked about "hard work" - I would happily see a hardworking Hibs team - something we have been missing for several years - could be sink or swim time for several players.

Purehibee_MYB
25-11-2011, 01:23 PM
came across very well on SSN...looking forward to seeing what he can do!

Sylar
25-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Actually, there are already a couple of folk on this thread who are clearly underwhelmed.

Unfortunately.

Personally, I don't think we'll ever lose again.

:greengrin - bath of beans for his first loss, or is tomorrow too short notice?

BullbreedHFC
25-11-2011, 01:26 PM
welcome to the cabbage PAT . . . . . . :flag:

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-11-2011, 01:30 PM

I thought he looked quite nervous actually :rolleyes:

Well maybe a wee bit excited then...:wink:

WindyMiller
25-11-2011, 01:31 PM
On SSN next:thumbsup:

On SSN Now..

Lost count how many times he talked about "hard work" - I would happily see a hardworking Hibs team - something we have been missing for several years - could be sink or swim time for several players.

Is he Irish??

SteveHFC
25-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Good Luck to Him.

:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

frazeHFC
25-11-2011, 01:39 PM
:pfgwaAbsolutely buzzing for tomorrow. :hibees

fat freddy
25-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Another giood thing is that he probably won't have to make too many immediate changes to CC's regime given that Pat Nutsy Fenlon is an anagram for Plenty of Suntan.

Confusingly, however, Patrick Nutsy Fenlon is an anagram for Notify ***** Central, but maybe we shouldn't dwell on that.

even more confusingly it would appear that Patrick Fenlon is On Planet Frick wherever that is...i hope his wife doesn't get homesick.

N.Wales Hibby
25-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Happy that a decision has been made. Agree with others that have said he needs time as there is no way he can turn things round quickly. We need to give Mr Fenlon our full backing and be patient for a bit longer. The good thing is he wants to be here and he wants success as much as we do.

Hibbyradge
25-11-2011, 02:13 PM
even more confusingly it would appear that Patrick Fenlon is On Planet Frick wherever that is...i hope his wife doesn't get homesick.

However, perhaps our luck in derbies is about to change.

Patrick Fenlon is also Clean Fort Pink! :thumbsup:

WhileTheChief..
25-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Happy days, delighted with this appointment :thumbsup:

I see he has gone with the traditional dark suit , white shirt and Hibs tie........ but are the pinstripes acceptable??!

hibby67
25-11-2011, 02:15 PM
is he irish??

:lol:

killie-hibby
25-11-2011, 02:26 PM

The wobbly box he was standing on didnt help.

killie-hibby
25-11-2011, 02:27 PM

The wobbly box he was standing on didnt help.

BarneyHibby
25-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Welcome to Hibernian Pat!:flag:

Don Giovanni
25-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Is no-one underwhelmed about this appointment? The realistic candidates were much of a muchness on paper and after the absolute disaster that was the previous incumbent whats to be underwhelmed about? Surely we have reached our low point, the nadir, and the only way is up? GGTTH

sundo1875
25-11-2011, 02:47 PM
:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

since1964
25-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Hello everyone

Thought this would be a good time to jump into the world of Hibsnet.

Welcome to Hibs Pat.

Please, Please, Please be the right man for us - Ive no got many years left.

GGTTH

Persevere80
25-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Welcome to the Hibees family Pat. He has won leagues, cups and has experence in europe, a very respectable appointment. Well done Hibs.

SteveHFC
25-11-2011, 03:50 PM
http://www.snspix.com/25_11_11_hibernian_press_conference/photo/71243.html:pfgwa

MWHIBBIES
25-11-2011, 03:57 PM
http://www.snspix.com/25_11_11_hibernian_press_conference/photo/71243.html:pfgwa

Shame there is a watermark over all of them :furious:

This one is really good
http://www.snspix.com/image/5830532_5830532.jpg

SteveHFC
25-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Shame there is a watermark over all of them :furious:

This one is really good
http://www.snspix.com/image/5830532_5830532.jpg

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/56943000/jpg/_56943109_fenlon.jpg (http://www.hibs.net/sport1/hi/football/15864578.stm)

MWHIBBIES
25-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Magic, thanks :not worth

Gatecrasher
25-11-2011, 04:46 PM
On SSN Now..

thats the key imo and i think he knows that :agree:

blackpoolhibs
25-11-2011, 04:54 PM
For someone who was taking a back seat, and would not be helping in the search for our new manqger. Rod Petrie is sure as hell welcoming Pat, he's in every picture. :confused: :offski:

Hibbyradge
25-11-2011, 05:12 PM
For someone who was taking a back seat, and would not be helping in the search for our new manqger. Rod Petrie is sure as hell welcoming Pat, he's in every picture. :confused: :offski:

He's the CEO.

Of course the senior person should be welcoming him.

Andy74
25-11-2011, 05:13 PM
He's the CEO.

Of course the senior person should be welcoming him.

He's the Chairman not the CEO.

BEEJ
25-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Hello everyone

Welcome to Hibs Pat.

GGTTH
Och, you've got ages yet. Just a whipper-snapper.

Welcome to the Board. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
25-11-2011, 05:16 PM
He's the Chairman not the CEO.

I stand corrected. Thanks.

He's still the right man to welcome the new manager.

--------
25-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Hello everyone

Welcome to Hibs Pat.

GGTTH

YOU'VE no got many years left?

Have a thought for us REALLY auld yins! :grr:

Welcome to the board, mate.

Andy74
25-11-2011, 05:27 PM
I stand corrected. Thanks.

He's still the right man to welcome the new manager.

I don't know. In most businesses the Chief Exec who hired a key manager would generally do the announcement and introductions.

If Rod was talking about taking more of a back seat and leaving the executives to their jobs he is struggling to do that so it seems.

This would have been a good opportunity for Lindsay or whoever to take the lead in public.

Hainan Hibs
25-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Managed to sound more enthusiastic about the job than CC did over his entire year here.

Like the sound of him, good luck Pat:flag:

BEEJ
25-11-2011, 05:36 PM
If Rod was talking about taking more of a back seat and leaving the executives to their jobs he is struggling to do that so it seems.

This would have been a good opportunity for Lindsay or whoever to take the lead in public.
:agree: Couldn't agree more.

blackpoolhibs
25-11-2011, 05:40 PM
If i was an outsider, reading the quotes and seeing the pictures on SSN, i'd be convinced Petrie was the man who was in charge, the man who's appointed Fenlon. In fact scrap that, as someone who follows the club, I think Petrie is the man who's appointed him.

Hibbyradge
25-11-2011, 05:42 PM
I don't know. In most businesses the Chief Exec who hired a key manager would generally do the announcement and introductions.

:agree: Couldn't agree more.

Jeezo. Overall a good day for the club, yet you still find time to criticise Rod Petrie.

I despair. Really, I do.

In any case, Hibs said Rod wouldn't be leading the recruitment process, not that he wouldn't be involved.

billbee
25-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Welcome and Aw R Best Pat - Give it your best shot thats all we ask!

Dalianwanda
25-11-2011, 05:47 PM
I posted this earlier but this is what one of my regular Bohs supporting mates had to say...Generally everyone Ive spoken to today in Dublin wishes him all the best, says that Hibs exposure over here will be heightened & they expect him to do well as (already stated) they see him as a winner!

"Fenlon's got an unblemished record. He has done it all, repeatedly, in Irish football and outgrew the domestic league years ago.
This is a well overdue opportunity.

My only concern would be his knowledge of Scottish football. I'd imagine you can expect to see a "greening" of Edinburgh over the next few months.
But on the plus side, he's very strong and principled in character. Very determined and won't suffer a meddling chairman. And he's at the peak of his game. For all the trophies he's won, I would argue his greatest achievement was Boh's performance last season. Losing almost the entire first team squad, and being left with only the youth team plus a couple of senior players that were willing to take drastic salary cuts, he still managed to send out a competitive side that finished well up the table and narrowly lost a cup semi-final.

I'd be quite excited."

Gatecrasher
25-11-2011, 05:49 PM
If i was an outsider, reading the quotes and seeing the pictures on SSN, i'd be convinced Petrie was the man who was in charge, the man who's appointed Fenlon. In fact scrap that, as someone who follows the club, I think Petrie is the man who's appointed him.

If he does the biz, who cares?

Hibbyradge
25-11-2011, 05:52 PM

I think the board appointed Fenlon.

BEEJ
25-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Jeezo. Overall a good day for the club, yet you still find time to criticise Rod Petrie.

I despair. Really, I do.
Your previous 'location' was listed as Chateau De Spair, wasn't it? :greengrin

I just believe that its important for the club's rhetoric to be backed up by action - at all levels. In my opinion SL should have been handling the press conference, as he was meant to be instrumental in the recruitment process.

If RP wanted to send out the proper signals that the recent re-alignment of Directors' duties at the club was now in place and fully functioning, he would have kept his mustachioed fizzog in the background.

Andy74
25-11-2011, 06:01 PM

I despair. Really, I do.

In any case, Hibs said Rod wouldn't be leading the recruitment process, not that he wouldn't be involved.

Not a big deal. I was merely making an observation that it might have been an idea to let one of the guys who are meant to be running the club make a public appearance with their new man.

It doesn't do much to dispel the impression that these guys don't have any proper authority.

blackpoolhibs
25-11-2011, 06:04 PM
If he does the biz, who cares?

Not me, i wouldn't care if Gary Glitter had appointed him if he does the biz.

Hiber-nation
25-11-2011, 06:16 PM
All the very best Pat, hoping and praying that you are the man to sort all this out and give us everything we want within reason - top 6 to start with then top 3 next season, Scottish Cup win and regularly humping herts (if they still exist).

Eyrie
25-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Welcome to Hibs! We are now:pfgwa

Feed McGraw
25-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Welcome Pat, good luck. Please make us a force again.

alfieboi75
25-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Is Pat the Man expecting to be at the game tomorrow? :aok:

the buddha
25-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Welcome Pat, lets get us playing with more passion and flair like a real Hibs team.

Iain G
25-11-2011, 09:14 PM
I think the board appointed Fenlon.

I think Hibs appointee Fenlon ;-)