PDA

View Full Version : Director of Football

BG23
24-11-2011, 10:42 PM
I have just received 2 texts advising that we are going to appoint a Director of Football ? The name i was given is surprise surprise was Alex Miller. Has anyone else heard this ?

Coco Bryce
24-11-2011, 10:45 PM
I have just received 2 texts advising that we are going to appoint a Director of Football ? The name i was given is surprise surprise was Alex Miller. Has anyone else heard this ?

Were they from Graeme & Gregg :greengrin

Last Minute
24-11-2011, 10:46 PM

Same here, would be surprised if true, think it's keek

Last Minute
24-11-2011, 10:47 PM

Gregg

BG23
24-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Time will tell if the texsters are right but i did hear about a week ago that this was the road we are going to go down but no name was mentioned at that time. I am not even sure what job Alex Miller is currently in if any ?

Eyrie
24-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Probably someone who's read the Alex Miller thread on here. The DoF idea was floated by several posters.

Cabbage East
24-11-2011, 11:00 PM
Absolute fiction.

clerriehibs
24-11-2011, 11:03 PM

yep ... multiple times on hibs.net over the past two weeks.

Mark79
25-11-2011, 06:43 AM
I have it on good authority that Tam McCourt is getting that role.

ALF TUPPER
25-11-2011, 06:48 AM
Yes..... Agree . No brainer. Tam McCourt for DoF. :thumbsup:

Beefster
25-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Considering a DoF would make Son of Rodders redundant, you can pretty much guarantee that this is rubbish.

1two
25-11-2011, 08:07 AM
Someone suggested on a thread the miller had applied for manager job.
Someone replied "nah no thanks but with his experience he could do a job as DOF"
Someone read this and text 2 of his mates that AM will be DOF
They both then text 2 mates, then they text 2 mates, and so on and so on

It's how these rumours start

le bill
25-11-2011, 08:57 AM
I think theres some truth in this rumour although I have heard from a very good "hp" sauce that
the director of footie will be JC and not AM - He was seen at ER yesterday.

Jack
25-11-2011, 08:57 AM
ABM

Anyone but Miller. Never want to see that man in any official capacity at Hibs again.

Speedway
25-11-2011, 09:30 AM

No, they were from Graeme at Greggs.

smurf
25-11-2011, 10:58 AM
ABM

Anyone but Miller. Never want to see that man in any official capacity at Hibs again.

Yet you want the current backroom staff retained!

basehibby
25-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Do we need a DOF at Hibs??? Not so sure, but if we did then AM and JC would look to be excellent candidates.

Peevemor
25-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Do we need a DOF at Hibs??? Not so sure, but if we did then AM and JC would look to be excellent candidates.

John Collins? Why?

basehibby
25-11-2011, 03:09 PM
John Collins? Why?

Intelligent guy with strong ideas about football style, player nutrition, fitness and preparation etc. which I would expect to become part of the fabric of the club. Maybe I'm getting the responsibilities a DOF would have muddled up though and the emphasis is more on negotiations/recruitment/player buget. This is one issue I have with DOFs in general - their remit often seems to clash or overlap with that of the manager and this can cause big problems.

Jack
25-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Yet you want the current backroom staff retained! Miller was the leader, our backroom staff are the led.TBF Smurf if they go they go but I personally don't think its their fault we are where we are. If there's better on their way in to replace them I'd be happy to go with that. They must be seen to be better though.

jdships
25-11-2011, 04:54 PM

I have just read this thread ( 16.47)
Earlier I was talking with an ex Hibs player who still is around ER on match days and had been at the Press Conference to announce PF's appointment.
He mentioned there had been chat amongst the ER office staff to the effect that a D of F appointment has been under consideration/discussion over the past couple of weeks
I appreciate that does not mean the job will be created - but " Don't shoot the piano player ( BG23) he's doing his best " :greengrin