PDA

View Full Version : Question White Smoke

Keith_M
24-11-2011, 05:11 PM
I've been reading some of the comments on Pat Fenlon but wasn't sure if he's really been appointed yet.

Has there actually been white smoke from Easter Road or are the cardinals still deciding?

:dunno:

Fifer
24-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Why bring any religious meanings to our managerial appointment?

Zorro
24-11-2011, 05:25 PM

pretty sure it was meant metaphorically?

Cabbage East
24-11-2011, 05:26 PM

Jesus. Cheer up pal :rolleyes:

iwasthere1972
24-11-2011, 05:29 PM
I've been reading some of the comments on Pat Fenlon but wasn't sure if he's really been appointed yet.

Has there actually been white smoke from Easter Road or are the cardinals still deciding?

It's only Rod settling down with a Pantella and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc while checking his latest bank statement.

Fifer
24-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Sorry, but with what's going on with the bigot bros, and the statement from the celtic QC last week.

I think it's maybe not wise for us to get involved in any religious stuff.

lucky
24-11-2011, 05:35 PM

For Gods sake chill. Do you really think cardinals are choosing our next manager. It's a bit of banter

I'm_cabbaged
24-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Sorry, but with what's going on with the bigot bros, and the statement from the celtic QC last week.I think it's maybe not wise for us to get involved in any religious stuff. Too far.

Fifer
24-11-2011, 05:36 PM
:top marks

iwasthere1972
24-11-2011, 05:37 PM
For Gods sake chill. Do you really think cardinals are choosing our next manager. It's a bit of banter

:agree: Our future is looking Rosary already.

Speedway
24-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Jesus. Cheer up pal :rolleyes:

That was very good.

At The Edge
24-11-2011, 05:39 PM
On course for the Holy Grail now

Speedway
24-11-2011, 05:39 PM

He was using metaphor, anyone who thinks there was religious intent in his post are of the devil.

He makes an innocuous post and gets crucified for it.

You won't catch me using religious metaphor, cross my heart and hope to die.

JimBHibees
24-11-2011, 05:45 PM
I think some fans need to appreciate that the Hibs fanbase is a broad church. Only hope for Pat Fenlon is that he isnt crucified for the sins of previous managers. As fans we need to hope that our prayers are answered and he proves to be a messiah that will provide eternal glory and deliver us from evil. Amen. :greengrin

Andy74
24-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Sorry, but with what's going on with the bigot bros, and the statement from the celtic QC last week.

Oh dear. Seems like you might have the problem here?

ANDY McGEECHAN
24-11-2011, 05:53 PM

My God man, get a life.

Hibby D
24-11-2011, 06:02 PM
I think some fans need to appreciate that the Hibs fanbase is a broad church. Only hope for Pat Fenlon is that he isnt crucified for the sins of previous managers. As fans we need to hope that our prayers are answered and he proves to be a messiah that will provide eternal glory and deliver us from evil. Amen. :greengrin

A man - there's only one of him :tsk tsk:

NOLA
24-11-2011, 06:05 PM
deary me, get a life :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
24-11-2011, 06:07 PM
A man - there's only one of him :tsk tsk:

Sorry getting carried away. :greengrin

Niffy
24-11-2011, 06:08 PM
This whole thread is as rediculous as the "how long will you give Fenlon" one.

Hibby70
24-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Why bring any religious meanings to our managerial appointment? Ja hove a point.

hibsbollah
24-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Appointing Pat Fenian (sorry, Fenlon) is just a bit of papery. I mean japery.

Part/Time Supporter
24-11-2011, 06:12 PM

Jew must be joking.

mixumatosis
24-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Sorry getting carried away. :greengrin

Much as was the cross borne by our lord on his way to calvary.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-11-2011, 06:16 PM
The white smoke is from burning everyone else's application forms. Jimmy Calderwood's was so vast, that will be put to landfill instead, and Jim Jefferies is being dealt with as per substances hazardous to health.

son of haggart
24-11-2011, 06:22 PM
I must confess as a Jambo I don't have a clue what you guys are talking about

Wembley67
24-11-2011, 06:24 PM

Occasionally people like to think they are funny when they actually aren't at all :greengrin

--------
24-11-2011, 06:29 PM
I trust that all you guys indulging in the wee religious ho-ho-ho do not in the near future have occasion to learn anew that

KARMA CAN BE A BITCH.

Jones28
24-11-2011, 06:35 PM

Rangers and Celtic are biggoted and use it venomously.

It is used here jokingly, un-offensively and in a way that doesn't cause offence to anyone...apart from your good self:wink:

Chill out :cool2:

At The Edge
24-11-2011, 06:36 PM
I trust that all you guys indulging in the wee religious ho-ho-ho do not in the near future have occasion to learn anew that

KARMA CAN BE A BITCH.

Who is this Karma you speak of? :confused:

:wink:

sleeping giant
24-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Osiris will be turning in his lantern :angeldevi

--------
24-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Who is this Karma you speak of? :confused:

:wink:

You'll have to ask the Buddha, I think. He'll be coming around again in a minute.... [mystical re-incarnation smilie]

HiBremian
24-11-2011, 06:57 PM
You'll have to ask the Buddha, I think. He'll be coming around again in a minute.... [mystical re-incarnation smilie]

The second coming of the 6 pack?

Eyrie
24-11-2011, 07:34 PM
As an atheist I should stay out of religious matters, but vat i can say is that I have no objection to this thread.

hibsbollah
24-11-2011, 07:41 PM
I trust that all you guys indulging in the wee religious ho-ho-ho do not in the near future have occasion to learn anew thatKARMA CAN BE A BITCH. Religious ho ho ho? How dare you make fun of santa like that? he died for our sins or something, didnt he?

tamig
24-11-2011, 07:42 PM

In the name of Allah. Really :rolleyes:

Greentinted
24-11-2011, 07:44 PM

Google (http://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C1VEAD_enGB415GB423&aq=f&gcx=c&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=white+smoke) is your friend on this one.

scuttle
24-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Pew lot are bonkers

Andy74
24-11-2011, 09:01 PM

Mainly just pontificating.

heretoday
24-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Get the finger out Popey! We need a new manager!

Keith_M
25-11-2011, 08:42 AM
Aye, very good, but nobody actually answered the question. :I'm waiti

Oh and only in Scotland could a light hearted reference to religion be taken as soooooo offensive.

:na na:

Jack
25-11-2011, 08:53 AM
I think its about time someone got the flock outta here.

Pinkie
25-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Since the 'white smoke' reference (plus the many other religious references - thanks, folks, always nice to have a chuckle :aok:) is causing a bit of controversy, can I suggest an alternative non-denominational way in which Hibs could make the announcement?

What I want to see is Rod Petrie holding Pat Fenlon aloft (probably from the window at the corporate area in the West Stand) in the same style as the introduction of Simba in the Lion King. Hibs could play the Lion King sound track, and the assembled throng of journalists and fans in the car park could bow down before the anointed one (Pat, that is - not Rod).

s.a.m
25-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Since the 'white smoke' reference (plus the many other religious references - thanks, folks, always nice to have a chuckle :aok:) is causing a bit of controversy, can I suggest an alternative non-denominational way in which Hibs could make the announcement?

What I want to see is Rod Petrie holding Pat Fenlon aloft (probably from the window at the corporate area in the West Stand) in the same style as the introduction of Simba in the Lion King. Hibs could play the Lion King sound track, and the assembled throng of journalists and fans in the car park could bow down before the anointed one (Pat, that is - not Rod).

You're onto a winner there. No-one could possibly be offended by this, and it's suitably ceremonial.

What's more, I've got the music for the 3rd clarinet part of The Lion King. I'm ready to go, and I'm right up for it. :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Hopefully the players crossing will improve now.

McSwanky
25-11-2011, 12:35 PM

Nice mental image there! :tee hee: