PDA

View Full Version : Yams Gary Mackays son faces assault and robbery trial

bighairyfaeleith
24-11-2011, 11:43 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/edinburgh/around-the-capital/hearts_legend_s_son_faces_assault_and_robbery_tria l_1_1983542

Shocking if true

--------
24-11-2011, 11:44 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/edinburgh/around-the-capital/hearts_legend_s_son_faces_assault_and_robbery_tria l_1_1983542

Shocking if true

Well, THAT apple didn't fall very far from the tree. :rolleyes:

Judas Iscariot
24-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Which son? Can't read the link at work :rolleyes:

bighairyfaeleith
24-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Which son? Can't read the link at work :rolleyes:

Ryan Mackay(24)

Judas Iscariot
24-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Ryan Mackay(24)

Cheers :aok:

--------
24-11-2011, 11:51 AM
'Ryan Mackay' is an anagram of 'a cranky Yam'. :greengrin

.Sean.
24-11-2011, 11:54 AM
If it's the same guy I'm thinking of then my mate had a bit of a run-in wuith him. Likes to pass himself off as a 'Hearts casual' and is apparantly a fanny.

Pretty Boy
24-11-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm just surprised there isn't a racial element.

That would really be like father, like son.

Wonder if he stole his dads priceless winners medal collection?

MWHIBBIES
24-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Seems his dad winners medal weren't worth much then.

EskbankHibby
24-11-2011, 12:19 PM
I'm just surprised there isn't a racial element.

That would really be like father, like son.

Wonder if he stole his dads priceless winners medal collection?

Wasn't sure if you were being ironic or not mate but the shopkeeper is called Mahmud Amjad.

Edit - not suggesting that Mackay junior is a racist, innocent until proven guilty, allegedly etc etc

easty
24-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Does he have another son, a bit older, or is this the only one? I used to be pally with Mackays lad when he was managing the Gauntlet football team, as we both used to go to all the games.

hibeemikey21
24-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Case sounds a bit odd though. Why is a pensioner walking around with over 11 grand in cash, in a bag?! Doesn't sound like a random attack.

hibeemikey21
24-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Case sounds a bit odd though. Why is a pensioner walking around with over 11 grand in cash, in a bag?! Doesn't sound like a random attack.

easty
24-11-2011, 12:46 PM

Do you work for his insurance company?

bruno
24-11-2011, 12:59 PM

Despicable crime and if guilty I hope he gets what he deserves.

Leaving aside people's thoughts on MacKay which have been well aired on here what a shocking piece of journalism this article is.

No idea why the journalist needs to dwell on his father and feels the need to mention his "career" as well as flinging in random quotes regarding Craig Thomson Steve Archibald and Romanov.

Pathetic attempt to sensationalise an article when the story is about a criminal act that happened 9 months ago.

Surely the crux of the article should be praising the police for continuing the search and managing to apprehend someone after a further appeal to the public.

As I say it appears that MacKay snr does have faults, some proven, some with some substance and maybe a touch exaggerated ( similar to what another message board does with Pat Stanton) but surely this shows how far the Evening News has sunk in terms of quality journalism

sambajustice
24-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Does he have another son, a bit older, or is this the only one? I used to be pally with Mackays lad when he was managing the Gauntlet football team, as we both used to go to all the games.

Ryan has an older brother who is about 29. The brother not being the son of Gary. Hope that makes sense!

Dashing Bob S
24-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Despicable crime and if guilty I hope he gets what he deserves.

Leaving aside people's thoughts on MacKay which have been well aired on here what a shocking piece of journalism this article is.

No idea why the journalist needs to dwell on his father and feels the need to mention his "career" as well as flinging in random quotes regarding Craig Thomson Steve Archibald and Romanov.

Pathetic attempt to sensationalise an article when the story is about a criminal act that happened 9 months ago.

Surely the crux of the article should be praising the police for continuing the search and managing to apprehend someone after a further appeal to the public.

As I say it appears that MacKay snr does have faults, some proven, some with some substance and maybe a touch exaggerated ( similar to what another message board does with Pat Stanton) but surely this shows how far the Evening News has sunk in terms of quality journalism

Comparing MacKay to Stanton is like comparing Rolf Harris to Rembrantdt in skill terms and Ian Brady to Martin Luther King in moral ones.

hibeemikey21
24-11-2011, 01:16 PM

Maybe I should if the facts are simply being accepted at face value! :greengrin

NOLA
24-11-2011, 01:17 PM
why the old boy was carrying 11 grand in a bag is a strange one,

WindyMiller
24-11-2011, 01:21 PM

Takings from the shop?

--------

It seems he owns a shop, and was heading either home or to the bank with the previous day's takings when he was mugged and robbed.

But why he had the money on him is irrelevant, IMO.

I used to live in WH and still have friends there, and if he's the chap I think he is, he's a decent old bloke who IS well-liked by his customers.

Whatever, he still has the right to walk the streets with or without money on him without being attacked by a thug like Mackay Jnr.

Engels74
Comparing MacKay to Stanton is like comparing Rolf Harris to Rembrantdt in skill terms and Ian Brady to Martin Luther King in moral ones.

:top marks

JimBHibees
24-11-2011, 01:40 PM

Thats brilliant. :faf::faf:

Future17
24-11-2011, 01:40 PM

As much as it sickens me, I have to agree with you.

:thumbsup:

Takings from the shop?

11 grand takings from a Londis in Clovenstone?!? I'm in the wrong game.

Persevere80
24-11-2011, 01:51 PM

He has a half brother called Nick.

WindyMiller
24-11-2011, 01:55 PM
As much as it sickens me, I have to agree with you.

:thumbsup:

11 grand takings from a Londis in Clovenstone?!? I'm in the wrong game.

It was a Monday morning.:on toast!

fatbloke
24-11-2011, 01:56 PM

Who do Rembrandt and Rolf Harris play for? I know Ian Brady used to manage Sellickfootballclub and Martin Luther King plays for Spurs.:greengrin

Kato
24-11-2011, 01:58 PM
the Evening News has sunk in terms of quality journalism

It hasn't sunk anywhere its' always been at the level you describe.

Hibercelona
24-11-2011, 02:27 PM
If he was so desperate for money, couldn't his dad have sold a few of his many earned medals? :confused:

Nailrod
24-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Just following in a long and distinguished line...

Lord Fatbladder of Alcohol, aka Lord Puncher of Pensioners, aka Sir Squatley Fatkin, aka that git Foulkes, aka yet another jambo thug, has a son called Alex Foulkes with a conviction for sectarian aggravated football hooliganism:

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/MP'S+SON+IS+SOCCER+HOOLIGAN%3B+Yob+claimed+ministe r+dad+would+'trouble'...-a064963554

Hearts supporter Alex Foulkes, 25, almost triggered a riot when he hurled sectarian abuse at Celtic fans during a match at Parkhead... The arrogant lout, who tutted his way through a court appearance, told officers who arrested him: "You will be in trouble - my father is an MP and my mother is on the police board."... During an earlier court appearance last month Foulkes, of Sunbury Place, Edinburgh, sat in the dock and loudly tutted when told there wasn't enough time to deal with the case and it would have to be adjourned... At one stage, he refused to stand up for Sheriff CharlesMacFarlane QC, who was outraged at his arrogant behaviour... After last week's hearing, a court insider said: "We get nicer drug addicts, thieves and neds in here. The man had the manners of an arrogant toddler."

I wonder if you learn that kind of sectarian bigotry and arrogance the same way you learn racism and homophobia - i.e. at home as a youngster from your elders... :hmmm:

Hibs Class
24-11-2011, 02:52 PM
"His mother was the ex-player's former partner". I still haven't worked out quite what that means!

Hibernia Na Eir
24-11-2011, 03:27 PM
just a Jakey tregg like his old man.

joe breezy
24-11-2011, 04:25 PM
**** family that...