PDA

View Full Version : Imminent PF arrival, coaching staff?

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-11-2011, 07:24 AM
I am looking quite forward to Pat coming aboard however my worry is he is not allowed to employ his own coaching staff.

I don't have anything against Gareth Evans etc however players must surely be used of dealing with these guys day in day out regardless of the guy in charge....

It would be good to see a clear out and Fenlon bringing in his out Gestapo!!!

IFONLY
24-11-2011, 07:26 AM
I am looking quite forward to Pat coming aboard however my worry is he is not allowed to employ his own coaching staff.

I don't have anything against Gareth Evans etc however players must surely be used of dealing with these guys day in day out regardless of the guy in charge....

In my opinion Evans and co. have been part of the overall problem. Time to start anew.

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-11-2011, 07:34 AM
In my opinion Evans and co. have been part of the overall problem. Time to start anew.

I just don't know why they don't have to leave when a manager leaves, i realise the manager organises and delegates but its the enthusiasm that they may/may not put in etc that also affects players.

Its like being a teacher, when a school struggles the head teacher isnt sacked, the teachers are also held accountable!!!

I'd be disappointed if they arent asked to leave!!!!

JustSimplyHibs
24-11-2011, 07:37 AM

Agreed ever since Collins and others after him Hibs have been on a downward spiral with the coaching staff remaining the same.

However i would not just get rid of them i would prefer to see these guys be involved with the youth academy, the same goes for Billy Brown, i wouldn't like to see him emptied out as i think he has alot to offer

bingo70
24-11-2011, 07:40 AM

There was an interview with Brown on the news last week saying he doesn't know if he'd want to stay if he didn't get the managers job so i think any suggestion Brown and co will be forced upon the manager are wide of the mark.

I completely agree with you though, time for a change from top to bottom.

steakbake
24-11-2011, 07:40 AM
Do we know this as 100% fact?

Duffys13
24-11-2011, 07:41 AM

I was listening to Radio Scotland last night (Dunno why) and they were saying that the rumour was the backroom staff would not be changing. Like the OP, I think a complete fresh start is needed, especially when it comes to those who take training etc etc. Fresh ideas all round please.

Elephant Stone
24-11-2011, 07:44 AM
I was listening to Radio Scotland last night (Dunno why) and they were saying that the rumour was the backroom staff would not be changing. Like the OP, I think a complete fresh start is needed, especially when it comes to those who take training etc etc. Fresh ideas all round please.

What if our coaches are better than Fenlon's at Bohemians? I wouldn't be surprised. I agree that he should be allowed to bring at least someone in but when there's no guarantee that we can bring better people in I wouldn't be so hasty.

Jack
24-11-2011, 07:49 AM
The thing I don't get about this Evans and Co must go malarky is that in the bigger picture they're just wee guys doing what they're told by their bosses, the manager and his assistant.

They must be alright, doing what they're told, because they've had different managers and their assistants telling them what to do and they've been happy enough to keep them.

If I was sacked because my previous bosses boss was ***** and I wasn't given the chance to prove myself to the new boss was I wouldn't be best pleased.

PISTOL1875
24-11-2011, 07:54 AM

That is correct. I also feel that AS, ST and GE had too much input into team affairs.. The matter was evident when CC was there with DA.. CC and DA would have a chat and the afformentioned would then seem to pipe up and the original idea would then be kicked into touch...

PaulSmith
24-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Stuart Taylor is name in frame to come across from Ireland as asst

jdships
24-11-2011, 08:17 AM
That is correct. I also feel that AS, ST and GE had too much input into team affairs.. The matter was evident when CC was there with DA.. CC and DA would have a chat and the afformentioned would then seem to pipe up and the original idea would then be kicked into touch...

Do managers/assistant managers/foremen not discuss work matters in the office or on the shop floor where you work ?:wink:
It's done to help increase the efficiency of the unit and is standard practice in most workplaces :greengrin.

Having said that I would hope the new manager , whoever he is, will bring in his own assistant manager. Re the others continuity might not be bad idea in the short term anyway

:flag:

Don Giovanni
24-11-2011, 08:19 AM
The thing I don't get about this Evans and Co must go malarky is that in the bigger picture they're just wee guys doing what they're told by their bosses, the manager and his assistant.They must be alright, doing what they're told, because they've had different managers and their assistants telling them what to do and they've been happy enough to keep them.If I was sacked because my previous bosses boss was ***** and I wasn't given the chance to prove myself to the new boss was I wouldn't be best pleased. Maybe...? I don't know enough about the coaching / management structure at ER but if I was playing devils advocate it could be argued that successive management have not had the authority to change the coaching staff. This could be well intentioned by the board - trying to provide some continuity - as well as saving the cost of having to hire and fire coaches as frequently as they do management. What we can say is that since John Park left and the current structure was put in place we have been pretty poor on the pitch. As I said at the begining whether or not that is coincidence I don't know, but it's a reasonable debate. (Unfortunately the ones who could answer the question are all gagged by confidentiality clauses AFAIK)

ScottB
24-11-2011, 08:22 AM
Evans, Stevenson and co are the one constant on the playing side during our slide from the Mowbray / Collins era into this mess.

That our primary issues are players that simply aren't fit enough and error prone, the blame has to be at least partially directed at this bunch. Time has long since been up for them to my mind.

killie-hibby
24-11-2011, 08:23 AM

Agree. At the very least I believe Teflon Man Evans should go. Hibs worst coach in living memory. Since his arrival I have not seen any young player in the squad making reasonable progress. Booth,Hanlon and Wotherspoon have great potential. Coaching at ER has halted their development. There are other reasons for sacking Teflon Man but the aforementioned should be enough.

Golden Bear
24-11-2011, 08:30 AM
Personally I would like to see Billy Brown stay on in his capacity as Assistant Manager a his experience and knowledge of the SPL would be invaluable to Fenlon. The Under 19's coaching set up seems to be working ok at present but I would not shed any tears if the rest of the backroom staff were shipped out with immediate effect.

killie-hibby
24-11-2011, 09:02 AM
The thing I don't get about this Evans and Co must go malarky is that in the bigger picture they're just wee guys doing what they're told by their bosses, the manager and his assistant.

They must be alright, doing what they're told, because they've had different managers and their assistants telling them what to do and they've been happy enough to keep them.

If I was sacked because my previous bosses boss was ***** and I wasn't given the chance to prove myself to the new boss was I wouldn't be best pleased.

IMOP they have not being doing what they are told, and JC,MP,JH and CC were not happy to keep them.

Beefster
24-11-2011, 09:05 AM
There was an interview with Brown on the news last week saying he doesn't know if he'd want to stay if he didn't get the managers job so i think any suggestion Brown and co will be forced upon the manager are wide of the mark.

I completely agree with you though, time for a change from top to bottom.

I think there's a difference between one of the coaches not wanting to stay (and so can't be forced on the new manager) and one who wants to stay.

JimBHibees
24-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Agree. At the very least I believe Teflon Man Evans should go. Hibs worst coach in living memory. Since his arrival I have not seen any young player in the squad making reasonable progress. Booth,Hanlon and Wotherspoon have great potential. Coaching at ER has halted their development. There are other reasons for sacking Teflon Man but the aforementioned should be enough.

Thats is immensely unfair as there is no way that successive people would have kept him on if that was the case.

killie-hibby
24-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Thats is immensely unfair as there is no way that successive people would have kept him on if that was the case.

See post 17

Bayern Bru
24-11-2011, 09:39 AM
Personally I would like to see Billy Brown stay on in his capacity as Assistant Manager a his experience and knowledge of the SPL would be invaluable to Fenlon. The Under 19's coaching set up seems to be working ok at present but I would not shed any tears if the rest of the backroom staff were shipped out with immediate effect.

Would make sense if Fenlon kept BB on for the SPL experience as you say - and if the players allegedly enjoy working with Brown then it might work out quite well.

Then again of course, the argument for a complete change is compelling.

Iain G
24-11-2011, 09:44 AM

Sounds like someone has a grudge!! :agree:

sevenil
24-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Then again of course, the argument for a complete change is compelling.

Is it? - I don't understand this passion for throwing everything out with the bathwater. Get realistic - is there any business who when appointing a new Manager, at the same time sacks ALL existing Management and Executives. Aside from being illogical it would be wildly expensive..............

Feet on the ground laddies - take a dose of realism....

Duffys13
24-11-2011, 09:49 AM
What if our coaches are better than Fenlon's at Bohemians? I wouldn't be surprised. I agree that he should be allowed to bring at least someone in but when there's no guarantee that we can bring better people in I wouldn't be so hasty.

Not sure about coaching qualifications to be honest, just want a fresh start at the club. I want the players to be shown a different way of doing things. Match day and training included

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-11-2011, 09:51 AM
I am not laying blame at anyones door however i think it would be in Hibs best interests to have a change around.

These coaches are instructed what to do however players have heard their voices for years now.

Kato
24-11-2011, 09:54 AM
What if our coaches are better than Fenlon's at Bohemians? I wouldn't be surprised.

There si zero evidence that the current coaching staff have done anything to improve Hibs, how you can gauge they are better than anyone else is beyond.

I agree that he should be allowed to bring at least someone in but when there's no guarantee that we can bring better people in I wouldn't be so hasty.

I'd be hasty and clear the lot of them out.

ahibby
24-11-2011, 09:55 AM
We have to sweep clean. I'd be sorry for the coaching staff but they would have to admit that they have been involved with the failure at Hibs for past seasons now. It would be amazing if a new manager can get something better out of both the players and the coaching staff, maybe not impossible but I wouldn't like to take it on considering how long the coaching staff have been here and how many managers they have worked under.

Kato
24-11-2011, 09:57 AM
Is it? - I don't understand this passion for throwing everything out with the bathwater.

I do. What is there on the pitch that gives you any kind of confidence that the coaches are doing a good job?

Get realistic - is there any business who when appointing a new Manager, at the same time sacks ALL existing Management and Executives. Aside from being illogical it would be wildly expensive..............

Football isn't like any other business. If the new guy wants to bring in his own man then, as it's a footballing decision, the board should allow him to do so.

The reality is on the park. The coaching staff have coached us to be rubbish. Unfit rubbish at that.

Why should the stay in a job they've abjectly failed at?

Beefster
24-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Is it? - I don't understand this passion for throwing everything out with the bathwater. Get realistic - is there any business who when appointing a new Manager, at the same time sacks ALL existing Management and Executives. Aside from being illogical it would be wildly expensive..............

There's no other business where continual failure of a function only results in the top guy continually getting the chop.

Elephant Stone
24-11-2011, 10:06 AM
There si zero evidence that the current coaching staff have done anything to improve Hibs, how you can gauge they are better than anyone else is beyond.

I'd be hasty and clear the lot of them out.

I can't, none of us really can. That's why I'm saying calling for paying them off and paying for new staff without knowing what they really do and how capable they are is crazy. :confused:

Bayern Bru
There's no other business where continual failure of a function only results in the top guy continually getting the chop.

Beat me to it.

Scouse Hibee
I do. What is there on the pitch that gives you any kind of confidence that the coaches are doing a good job?

Football isn't like any other business. If the new guy wants to bring in his own man then, as it's a footballing decision, the board should allow him to do so.

The reality is on the park. The coaching staff have coached us to be rubbish. Unfit rubbish at that.

Utter nonsense to suggest the coaching staff are rubbish, everyone assuming this and that without actually knowing **** all what they are actaully like! Maybe we should have kept CC and just sacked all of the coaches instead!!

Scouse Hibee
24-11-2011, 10:08 AM

Nonsense!

Kato
24-11-2011, 10:27 AM
I can't, none of us really can. That's why I'm saying calling for paying them off and paying for new staff without knowing what they really do and how capable they are is crazy. :confused:

What they really do is evident every time an oppo player beats us to a second ball, runs past our full backs and midfield without a challenge and makes it look easy to link up withe their team-mates whilst we struggle to string two passes together.

I can see what they really do. They produce unfit, unmotivated players adn have done for teh last three or four seasons.

Their capability is evident in our current League position.

However if the new guy wants to keep them on I'll stand corrected but I'm not saying these things from a point of ignorance. The evidence is there on the park.

What positives do you think they bring?

Kato
24-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Utter nonsense to suggest the coaching staff are rubbish, everyone assuming this and that without actually knowing **** all what they are actaully like! Maybe we should have kept CC and just sacked all of the coaches instead!!

Or cleared them all out at once.

Where is the utter nonsense in what I am saying. Where is your evidence that these guys are good at their jobs?

jacomo
24-11-2011, 10:34 AM

I have no insider knowledge, but since the training centre has opened, Hibs have seemed to have basic problems with stamina, throw ins, set pieces etc.

While the u19s have done well it's very hard to defend the coaching set up of the senior squad. A fresh start might be necessary.

down the slope
24-11-2011, 10:39 AM
There is something wrong with the coaching at ER, ever watch the half time warm up with the subs ?, when hughes was in charge the players just had a laugh and then ignored Evans and started to sign autographs !. I heard an interview with Fenlon and he mentioned workrate !!!, some players will be greetin at the very thought.

sevenil
24-11-2011, 10:41 AM

Would pulling in the first half dozen guys you meet on Easter Road satisfy your 'gut feeling' that everybody out is the answer. New Managers are appointed in industry every day of the week - those lower down the chain just have to get used to taking directions from a different boss.

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Its tough because there is argument for and against keeping the current crop of coaches. The fact is none of us know what the coaches are like. It will be up to Petrie (probably) or the boy Lindsay or Hyland to decide their usefulness. I doubt Fenlon will get a say unless he has stipulated this in his contract negotiations.

My opinion is we need cleared out. Having played a variety of sports and worked under different coaches and managers. It was the coaches that dealt with players first hand so after a couple of years i became bored with what they said and felt they were slightly contradicting themselves if they changed how they coached with a new manager. Most of them have an opinion about coaching football so i think coaches should move with managers the majority of times. Obviously this cant happen given the rate at which managers are punted these days but at Hibs, we need a wee spring (winter) clean oot!!!!

Kato
24-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Would pulling in the first half dozen guys you meet on Easter Road satisfy your 'gut feeling' that everybody out is the answer. New Managers are appointed in industry every day of the week - those lower down the chain just have to get used to taking directions from a different boss.

I didn't have a "gut feeling". I gave reasons why they might well walk if the new guy wants his own men in. The evidence is on the pitch and the results of their efforts is reflected in our League position. I also said that if the new guy makes a football decision to keep them, then so be it.

Football isn't the same as "industry" so if the new man wants his own men the current ones walk. Given the current state of the club I for one wouldn't shed any tears over that. Billy Brown's or Gareth Evens feelings and employment status come a poor second to the state of Hibs in my mind. So if they go it'll be "thanks for your efforts" cheerio. Then we move on. What's so strange about that?

I also asked what evidence is there that they are doing a good job which no-one seems to want to answer, maybe you can.

Scouse Hibee
24-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Or cleared them all out at once.

Where is the utter nonsense in what I am saying. Where is your evidence that these guys are good at their jobs?

And where is yours that they're not. You don't know how good they are at coaching, just because the team has been poor on the pitch. What about the players, you can only coach so far and how much the manager allows you to coach or what methods he insists on using you just don't know. Every single player should also be emptied going by your way of thinking!!

Kato
24-11-2011, 11:34 AM
And where is yours that they're not. You don't know how good they are at coaching, just because the team has been poor on the pitch. What about the players, you can only coach so far and how much the manager allows you to coach or what methods he insists on using you just don't know. Every single player should also be emptied going by your way of thinking!!

As I said on the pitch. I'll say it again unless it isn't getting through as I've said it a few times - on the pitch.

Now. Where is your evidence that these guys are worth holding onto?

A change in backroom staff happens regularly in footbal when a new man comes in. Whatever is wrong at Hibs fitness and motivation seems to be a majot factor. If all the first team coaches go then that'll be that, at least we can see if someone else can do a better job.

Your last sentence doesn't make sense but for what it's worth most of them will be gone when their contract is up so, again without any sentimentality, it'll be a case "thanks for doing your best for Hibs pity it didn't work out. Bye."

Then again maybe we should have kept hold of the likes of Duncan Lambie on the basis that we didn't know if they were any good or not.

JimBHibees
24-11-2011, 11:39 AM
See post 17

In your opinion they havent being doing what they have been told. I dont believe that for a minute. Collins brought GE into the club and the other bosses would have had him removed if a) he wasnt very good or b) he wasnt doing what they were telling him. The fact he is still here means to me that hasnt been the case.

What is Gareth's role anyway? First team coach which in most clubs would mean third in line with the Manager and Assistant outlining exactly what they want in terms of training and coaching. His role would be to assist them in delivering this. To say that he or other coaches further down the line are responsible for results or a culture within the club that successive managers have overseen is to me nonsense.

Scouse Hibee
24-11-2011, 11:40 AM
As I said on the pitch. I'll say it again unless it isn't getting through as I've said it a few times - on the pitch.

Now. Where is your evidence that these guys are worth holding onto?

A change in backroom staff happens regularly in footbal when a new man comes in. Whatever is wrong at Hibs fitness and motivation seems to be a majot factor. If all the first team coaches go then that'll be that, at least we can see if someone else can do a better job.

Your last sentence doesn't make sense but for what it's worth most of them will be gone when their contract is up so, again without any sentimentality, it'll be a case "thanks for doing your best for Hibs pity it didn't work out. Bye."

Then again maybe we should have kept hold of the likes of Duncan Lambie on the basis that we didn't know if they were any good or not.

At last you've realised that you don't know but are willing to let them go because someone else might do a better job. Jeez that was hard!

Scouse Hibee
24-11-2011, 11:41 AM
In your opinion they havent being doing what they have been told. I dont believe that for a minute. Collins brought GE into the club and the other bosses would have had him removed if a) he wasnt very good or b) he wasnt doing what they were telling him. The fact he is still here means to me that hasnt been the case.

What is Gareth's role anyway? First team coach which in most clubs would mean third in line with the Manager and Assistant outlining exactly what they want in terms of training and coaching. His role would be to assist them in delivering this. To say that he or other coaches further down the line are responsible for results or a culture within the club that successive managers have overseen is to me nonsense.

Exactly.........spot on!

Kato
24-11-2011, 11:44 AM
At last you've realised that you don't know but are willing to let them go because someone else might do a better job. Jeez that was hard!

I may not know but I did give evidence to show that are lacking.

Still waiting on an answer as to evidence that they are any good. The fact that Mixu, Hughes and Calderwood kept them on is redundant as they were also rubbish at their jobs.

Franck is God
24-11-2011, 11:52 AM
I've always thought that it is the managers job to direct & delegate, pick the tactics and team line up.

It is the coaches job to keep the players fit and motivated to play and should be working on touch, passing and movement in training, the manager can't be everywhere at once which is why he needs a trusted staff.

I've had the pleasure of seeing our under 19's a couple of times in the last month and they can all pass the ball, take a touch and move into space so why do our first team have such a problem with it?

Its my opinion that the players are too comfortable with the current set up and perhaps now is as good a time as any to start fresh with a new manager and coaching staff, continuity of backroom staff hasn't given us any kind of advantage over the last few years so why would it now.

Beefster
24-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Nonsense!

Debating point of the year. I'm stumped for an argument to counter that. Good job.

The players are take some responsibility, the assistant takes some responsibility, the manager takes some responsibility, the Board takes some responsibility but the only guy with no responsibility for the 4 years of dross is the coach? Seems reasonable.

From what I've heard, Evans survival may be down to his relationship with Rodders more than anything else but that's as speculative as saying that Evans must be doing a good job because he's still in post.

hibby67
24-11-2011, 12:01 PM
not to sure how many coaches we have but i would keep the youth/u19 coaches as i thinks they have don well and it's good fot the young guys to have a bit of continuity......:aok:

as for the first team coaches i would get rid of all of them and get PF (if it's him) to bring his own team and make their own mind up over the 1st team squad rather than get some input form someone that has been there for a few years and may have his favorites etc........

Scouse Hibee
24-11-2011, 12:06 PM
I may not know but I did give evidence to show that are lacking.

Still waiting on an answer as to evidence that they are any good. The fact that Mixu, Hughes and Calderwood kept them on is redundant as they were also rubbish at their jobs.

Haha now you're tieing yourself in knots!!

Stop contradicting yourself, I have never said they were good just that it was totally wrong to claim that they were useless without actually knowing. Surely you realise it's very difficult to quantify as a spectator just how good the coaches who take their directions from the manager actaually are!

Have you ever thought that all of the managers they have worked under have been rubbish at their jobs, in fact you have as you've already stated that.

Kato
24-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Haha now you're tieing yourself in knots!!

Stop contradicting yourself, I have never said they were good just that it was totally wrong to claim that they were useless without actually knowing.

Yeah, bully for you

Surely you realise it's very difficult to quantify as a spectator just how good the coaches who take their directions from the manager actaually are!

If the current coaches think they are doing a good job re-fitness then they shoudl be sacked.

That much I can see.

As I sadi the evidence is on the park.

killie-hibby
24-11-2011, 01:34 PM

Collins did not bring GE into the club. It would be more accurate to say he was recruited while Collins was the manager. Since Hibs supporters sensed something was/is wrong with the "culture" at Hibs the two constants have been East Mains and Gareth Evans. I firmly believe that if any of our three most recent managers had been allowed real authority,within budget, to fire/hire their own 1st team coaches and assistant manager we would be seeing better results,genuine team spirit and adherence to tactics. You seem to be absolving the coaches of responsibility for what happens on the park and for the unfortunate "culture", and placing the blame on the manager(s). It's hard to believe that MP,JH and CC brought this culture with them or even condoned it. What has been evident is that none of them were able to get their vision/tactics/team formation across to some players.Seems to me like the coaches bullying the boss ,with players looking on and not knowing or caring with whom to take instruction from.

SteveHFC
24-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Stuart Taylor is name in frame to come across from Ireland as asst

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/fenlon-set-for-hibernian-job-as-bohemians-give-goahead-2944487.html

Andy74
24-11-2011, 01:50 PM
That's an incredible budget cut he had. A total of about 200k to spend on wages and got fifth and the cup semi.

Puts in perspective o'Neill out doing him over the last couple of years.

JimBHibees
24-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Collins did not bring GE into the club. It would be more accurate to say he was recruited while Collins was the manager. Since Hibs supporters sensed something was/is wrong with the "culture" at Hibs the two constants have been East Mains and Gareth Evans. I firmly believe that if any of our three most recent managers had been allowed real authority,within budget, to fire/hire their own 1st team coaches and assistant manager we would be seeing better results,genuine team spirit and adherence to tactics. You seem to be absolving the coaches of responsibility for what happens on the park and for the unfortunate "culture", and placing the blame on the manager(s). It's hard to believe that MP,JH and CC brought this culture with them or even condoned it. What has been evident is that none of them were able to get their vision/tactics/team formation across to some players.Seems to me like the coaches bullying the boss ,with players looking on and not knowing or caring with whom to take instruction from.

So JC recruited GE a good friend from his playing days, as a coach when he was manager, isnt bringing him into the club. Dear oh dear.

So in effect you are blaming Gareth Evans someone who will have assisted at training and taken some sessions which would have been overseen by 3 or 4 managerial teams, wont have picked a team or decided on tactics, wont have decided on which aspects of football to concentrate on at training for the supposed 'culture' issues whatever that means. I have never heard so much guff in my life. Did he run over your cat ?

killie-hibby
24-11-2011, 03:19 PM
So JC recruited GE a good friend from his playing days, as a coach when he was manager, isnt bringing him into the club. Dear oh dear.

So in effect you are blaming Gareth Evans someone who will have assisted at training and taken some sessions which would have been overseen by 3 or 4 managerial teams, wont have picked a team or decided on tactics, wont have decided on which aspects of football to concentrate on at training for the supposed 'culture' issues whatever that means. I have never heard so much guff in my life. Did he run over your cat ?

If you read my post you will note I did not state JC recruited GE. I stated GE was recruited while JC was the manager. I'm pleased to hear they were good friends in their playing days. It would be a pleasant surprise to hear news of a continuing friendship.
My definition of culture is 'manifestations of human intellectual,personal and physical development' or not in some cases. I apologise if the word culture had a different meaning in your post no 43.
I respect your opinion that I am being a bit unfair on the first team coaching staff. Hopefully you will respect my opinion that the first team coaches are employed at a level well above their ability and should not be rewarded by remaining in their current roles.

GreenCastle
24-11-2011, 04:44 PM
His coaching staff are at the bottom here - http://www.bohemians.ie/players.html

Relocation of staff going to be too much for HFC ?

(http://www.bohemians.ie/players.html)

Speedway
24-11-2011, 04:46 PM
http://www.eecho.ie/news/sport/fenlon-expected-to-take-on-hibs-role-tomorrow-529662.html

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2011/1124/fenlonp_hibernian.html

calumb
24-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Don't know about changing the whole coaching staff but i feel that if Fenlon is not allowed to appoint his own assistant then he will be gone in a year.

Big changes need to happen in the dressing room a Easter Road and maybe Fenlon is the man to do this but unless he has his own man as assistant to watch his back and not a BB type assistant who will be watching his job then i think it will a near impossible task to change the mindset that appears deep rooted at the club.