PDA

View Full Version : What can we expect?

Billy Whizz
23-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Pat Fenlon due to be announced tomorrow? Haven't followed him much, so what should we expect
1) Does he get his team to play football from the back or is it a long ball game
2) does he play with wingers or is it more likely to be 442
3) Will he want to go with youth and disregard most of the experienced players.

As I said I know nothing about him but would be interested in anyone who have followed his teams!

nortonhibby
23-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Pat Fenlon due to be announced tomorrow? Haven't followed him much, so what should we expect
1) Does he get his team to play football from the back or is it a long ball game

As I said I know nothing about him but would be interested in anyone who have followed his teams!

yip your source has also tipped me off, 451 I Heard.

bingo70
23-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Sure the bohs fan on here says he sticks to a pretty rigid 442 formation most of the time.

After that disgusting first half on Saturday I'd be delighted if that's the case

scott7_0(Prague)
23-11-2011, 09:01 PM

From what i am hearing he has done well in the league when having a half decent budget to work with, stinks in Europe though... so should work well at Hibs, he fits right in.:greengrin

Podge
23-11-2011, 09:14 PM
He's didn't stink in Europe, got as far as any other manager in the Champions League the year Shels went out to Deportivo in the 3rd round qualifier, after holding them 0-0 at Lansdowne Road.

Bohs fans will never forget the defeat to TNS though, so that has tarnished his reputation there.

Bohs manager Pat Fenlon later labelled the performance as 'disgraceful' and said 'the players let the club, league and country down'. The result was labelled by others as the worst result in Bohs' 40-year European history

He had good results in Europe with Bohs, like 1-1 away to Red Bull Salzburg before losing the home leg to a jammy late goal and going out undeservedly. Previous year Bohs stuffed Rhyl 9-3 in the intertoto, and beat FK Riga away.

He'll go with a good blend of youth and experience, which is what he's had to do recently with Bohs finances.

Doesn't really utilise classic wingers, he'll play a 4-4-2 and doesn't resort to the long ball game.

mca
23-11-2011, 09:14 PM
when "Nutter" was first kinda mentioned about a week ago - i did a wee search (5mins worth - ffs im not into major research) ..

one of the links i got was a old`ish player - (almost davie weir esq) after a game they had won the league or cup ??? - He was saying how much he liked the passing and pressing style of football that his manager plays.. was maybe his last game fer the club or something but honestly it sounded like it was his first...

cany find the link noo ...

PapillonVert
23-11-2011, 09:25 PM
What can we expect?

I would like to hope a manager who is supported 100% by the Board in everything he does.

I would like to think someone who is fearless and not afraid to express his opinion to players and lay down the law to them.

I would like to think that the players are made aware in no uncertain terms that they are here to work and that there is no place for shirkers or hangers-on or anyone who thinks playing for Hibs is a well-paid hobby.

Oh, aye, Pat and could ye maybe (1) avoid relegation, (2) get us into top six, (3) win Scottish Cup, (4) get us into Europe, preferably Champions League.

And repeat this feat year after year.

Mind you, all the above is only acceptable if it is done in the "Hibs way". :greengrin You'll learn about that as you go.

Speedway
23-11-2011, 09:54 PM
He'll be absolutely useless or quite good or somewhere in between I would think.

Those are my expectations.