PDA

View Full Version : Yams Hearts cut backs

Www1875hfc
23-11-2011, 08:01 PM
As many as 19 players will be out of contract.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15857682.stm?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

:cb

SteveHFC
23-11-2011, 08:05 PM
:faf::faf::faf:

Andy74
23-11-2011, 08:21 PM
We should get in for Prychenko. I think he will be class.

Aye it will certainly be a different Hearts next year. Almost want them to stay in business actually and see them get hammered every week. A quick death would still be fine with me though.

ScottB
23-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Ouch, Skacel and Balogh gone in January for nought then.

Dibben
23-11-2011, 08:30 PM
On Jan 1st, they'll be demanding decent fees to let them go. Come the 31st, a working light bulb and duck tape will be enough to sign most of them!

PaulSmith
23-11-2011, 08:37 PM

Aye it will certainly be a different Hearts next year. Almost want them to stay in business actually and see them get hammered every week. A quick death would still be fine with me though.

Didn't you read the evening news last night where there was a two page spread on how the current hearts under 19s plus Webster are going to take the SPL by storm?

Billy Whizz
23-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Nice to see they've given Barr a contract until summer 2014

hibee92
23-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Stevenson recently earned his first Scotland cap?

Naw, he never.

bruno
23-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Nice to see they've given Barr a contract until summer 2014 I think that's a miss print. Those including Barr and Driver are out of contract in summer 2013

Westie1875
23-11-2011, 08:51 PM
I think that's a miss print. Those including Barr and Driver are out of contract in summer 2013

This seems to be right about Barr according to this article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8479833.stm

When is he due to become captain? :greengrin

BEEJ
23-11-2011, 09:02 PM
I think that's a miss print. Those including Barr and Driver are out of contract in summer 2013
Bruno, as one of the more enlightened and civil individuals amongst the Yam following (i.e. a rare breed :wink:), what is your reaction to the developments at your club over the last fortnight?

Surprised? Gutted? Underwhelmed?

PapillonVert
23-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Oh, jings, anyone else having difficulty fending off the Schadenfreude?

Oh, how they used to mock Hibs for having to rely on a youth policy and low wages and being unable to afford the expensive imports (who would take them well beyond our peasant level and guarantee Champions League glory).

Oh, how we were the poor relations who were being left behind due to our poverty of ambition and just general poverty full stop. Gipsy caravans - the best we could hope for.

Oh, how the Big Team would prove how hugely wonderful they were and how lucky we, the Wee Team, were just to exist in their glorious shadow. Until they had had enough playing with us and moved on to cosying up to richer playmates like Barcelona and Man U.

Oh, how they mocked those who had to live within their means and who could not compete with those who borrowed millions and millions that weren't actually debts at all but just money owed to themselves!

Oh, how they laughed!

Oh, how are the mighty fallen!

bruno
23-11-2011, 09:17 PM
Bruno, as one of the more enlightened and civil individuals amongst the Yam following (i.e. a rare breed :wink:), what is your reaction to the developments at your club over the last fortnight? Surprised? Gutted? Underwhelmed? I'd have to say i'm suprised at the severity and quickness of the situation but as usual there is so little info coming our way nobody really knows the outcome. There have been so many near misses that I guess many fans thought this was yet another storm in a tea cup. I must admit I was sort of here we go again but soon realised this is it for real. I'm personally delighted so many under achieving high earners will go. I'll miss kello skacel templeton and webster if they go but the rest will be consigned to a part of history quickly forgotten. I'm excited about some 19's at last getting a chance but tempered with nerves obviously. Do i think the end of Romanov. Yes. The end of Hearts. Possibly because no one in their right mind will pump money into the abyss. My only real concern is Romanov will be too stubborn and not ask for a realistic get out price and that could well be the end of the club as we know it.

Barney McGrew
23-11-2011, 09:20 PM
I'd have to say i'm suprised at the severity and quickness of the situation

It's not as if there were any warning signs that you could have all seen

:ostrich:

Sylar
23-11-2011, 09:24 PM
I'd have to say i'm suprised at the severity and quickness of the situation but as usual there is so little info coming our way nobody really knows the outcome. There have been so many near misses that I guess many fans thought this was yet another storm in a tea cup. I must admit I was sort of here we go again but soon realised this is it for real. I'm personally delighted so many under achieving high earners will go. I'll miss kello skacel templeton and webster if they go but the rest will be consigned to a part of history quickly forgotten. I'm excited about some 19's at last getting a chance but tempered with nerves obviously. Do i think the end of Romanov. Yes. The end of Hearts. Possibly because no one in their right mind will pump money into the abyss. My only real concern is Romanov will be too stubborn and not ask for a realistic get out price and that could well be the end of the club as we know it.

You're pulling one off here, right?

Surprised at the severity? Really? With stay of execution after stay of execution, it was always going to escalate quickly when Romanov decided he had had enough. He doesn't seem to me like the kind of person who works on long-term plans and that's been obvious since the start really. The manner in which he has dealt with personnel at Hearts should have been evidence enough that nothing is quite done "over time".

When the "big name" players start to evacuate the club and the 19's are thrown into the deep end and expected to sustain Hearts' existence, we'll see how loyal those who are owed money by the club are. If they start to realise that as a club on the pitch, Hearts are in trouble, it won't be too long before the creditors come knocking on the door before it all goes tits up.

One of my close friends is a regular first team player and genuinely doesn't know which way is up at the minute - the way information is related from the top down is a shambles - as has been the entire tenure of "Mr Romanov".

Kato
23-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Oh, jings, anyone else having difficulty fending off the Schadenfreude?

The massive off-load at Flump Central is just the start. I really hope the plug isn't pulled now and we can see how they are on a level playing field. They've been staving off being a very average side for 30 years on the back of debt, first with that fat tory person, then the Pieman and last but not least His Vladness. Each one ramping up the hock more and more. Also in that time, for what they have spent, they have underachieved on a huge scale. That fat tory guy was the first person in Scottish football to call it a "business", with "customers" instead of fans and all that guff. Now, they've shot their load and thirty years of attempting bigteamness has to be paid for. It's Business Time.

bruno
23-11-2011, 09:28 PM
You're pulling one off here, right? Surprised at the severity? Really? With stay of execution after stay of execution, it was always going to escalate quickly when Romanov decided he had had enough. He doesn't seem to me like the kind of person who works on long-term plans and that's been obvious since the start really. The manner in which he has dealt with personnel at Hearts should have been evidence enough that nothing is quite done "over time". When the "big name" players start to evacuate the club and the 19's are thrown into the deep end and expected to sustain Hearts' existence, we'll see how loyal those who are owed money by the club are. If they start to realise that as a club on the pitch, Hearts are in trouble, it won't be too long before the creditors come knocking on the door before it all goes tits up. One of my close friends is a regular first team player and genuinely doesn't know which way is up at the minute - the way information is related from the top down is a shambles - as has been the entire tenure of "Mr Romanov". Maybe severity was the wrong term. I was just meaning the brutal quickness after so many close misses. We all knew it wouldn't couldn't last but expected bit more of a gradual withdrawl.

Kato
23-11-2011, 09:31 PM
I'd have to say i'm suprised at the severity and quickness of the situation

Just think of the consideration, time and contemplation he invested when he sacked Burley.

I don't think Vlad's mad by the way, talks a lot of truth in his own manner. Could be bi-polar though.

PapillonVert
23-11-2011, 09:31 PM
I'd have to say i'm suprised at the severity and quickness of the situation but as usual there is so little info coming our way nobody really knows the outcome. There have been so many near misses that I guess many fans thought this was yet another storm in a tea cup. I must admit I was sort of here we go again but soon realised this is it for real. I'm personally delighted so many under achieving high earners will go. I'll miss kello skacel templeton and webster if they go but the rest will be consigned to a part of history quickly forgotten. I'm excited about some 19's at last getting a chance but tempered with nerves obviously. Do i think the end of Romanov. Yes. The end of Hearts. Possibly because no one in their right mind will pump money into the abyss. My only real concern is Romanov will be too stubborn and not ask for a realistic get out price and that could well be the end of the club as we know it.

I think you'll find that some of us on here have kind of hinted occasionally here and there along the way, just once or twice like, that this was the likely outcome.

Perhaps in hindsight we were just a tad too subtle in conveying our concerns, do you think?

Sylar
23-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Maybe severity was the wrong term. I was just meaning the brutal quickness after so many close misses. We all knew it wouldn't couldn't last but expected bit more of a gradual withdrawl.

I'd be genuinely interested to know if there is anyone out there (supporters trusts', group of wealthy businessmen of the Hearts persuasion etc) who has a "plan B" set up, who actually anticipated this coming to fruition.

If not, considering all of the warning signs, it would be hugely complacent in my eyes.

Sergey
23-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Maybe severity was the wrong term. I was just meaning the brutal quickness after so many close misses. We all knew it wouldn't couldn't last but expected bit more of a gradual withdrawl.

Firstly - you're by no way the worst Mini Hun we've had on this forum. You do have a modicum of sense.

A gradual withdrawal....oh my sides.

I'm waiting for the final ***-shot.....and it's cumming....

...it's no longer premature congratulations...

DC_Hibs
23-11-2011, 09:50 PM
I don't think I could have done a better job of ****ing up that football club.

They now have only 3 or 4 players who would bring in a reasonable transfer fee (zaliukus, templeton, driver and overhyped stevenson).

Templeton and Driver are the two that could be £1m+ but have went off the boil - when fit - so no guarantees they will get an offer that Vlad would agree to. If they are still on the books in the summer their values will have dropped further due to having one year left only. Will Driver be injured through another transfer window?

They will struggle to shift a lot of them before their contract expires without paying them off which they cant afford. Barr, Hammill, Grainger, Elliott.... in fact most of the prix, are seriously overpaid and will never get a club willing to pay close to their current wages.

This latest generation of Kingstons will be happy to sit tight till their contracts expire although they will work a bit harder for their (delayed) wages.

I grow to appreciate Sir Vlad more and more.

Dashing Bob S
23-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Surprise to see Susan's still at the club. I reckon he'll decide to 'wait' out his contract.

Kaiser1962
23-11-2011, 09:56 PM

Its how these things go Bruno. They spend a long time just making a payment or getting a week or two's grace to come up with the cash when it's plain to see the cash is not only not there, it's reducing all the time. Its a bit like a duck in that looks serene top the onlooker but underneath its chaos. Then one day it goes pop and all hell breaks loose.

The sad thing is a lot of decent Yams have been swept along and all dissent has been ridiculed. The really bad thing is there are still a lot of Yams who have no comprehension the sheight they are in and are still, to a degree, in denial. The "We owe it to ourselves" brigade.

The amount who think there is a queue of folk with £20m+ that are just willing to throw it away is astounding, it really is.

The best thing that can happen to Hearts (from a yam point of view) is that 1/ UBIG + UKIO goes pop as well or 2/ Vlad snuffs it.

cocopops1875
23-11-2011, 09:57 PM
I'd be genuinely interested to know if there is anyone out there (supporters trusts', group of wealthy businessmen of the Hearts persuasion etc) who has a "plan B" set up, who actually anticipated this coming to fruition.

If not, considering all of the warning signs, it would be hugely complacent in my eyes.

The issue Scott is that the plan b on paper at least requires 50million quid nobody has that. The only way this works is vlad taking next to nothing and maybe renting them the dump as someone tries to reduce the debt,while playing laddies the crowds will drop and even going down won't change that as they won't win the way we did down there(as they can't spend their way back up). Shame really

degenerated
23-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Firstly - you're by no way the worst Mini Hun we've had on this forum. You do have a modicum of sense.

A gradual withdrawal....oh my sides.

I'm waiting for the final ***-shot.....and it's cumming....

...it's no longer premature congratulations...

could be worse :dunno:

it's not like they've been captured by Barbary Corsairs :agree:

Sergey
23-11-2011, 10:01 PM
could be worse :dunno:

it's not like they've been captured by Barbary Corsairs :agree:

:agree: You ever been to Roots Hall?

bruno
23-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Firstly - you're by no way the worst Mini Hun we've had on this forum. You do have a modicum of sense. A gradual withdrawal....oh my sides. I'm waiting for the final ***-shot.....and it's cumming.... ...it's no longer premature congratulations... Mini hun oh very good you've not lost your tremendous rapier wit in your moment of glory. I don't post a lot on here generally just an interested observer. I certainly never post about finances as I really don't know. I'll discuss games teams players especialy the 19's all day as rather stick to what i know best. Just out of interest as i know there are a few learned men on here particuarly caversham who i always enjoy reading his take on finances. I wonder why Romanov is settling tax bills etc when surely he will never get even a percentage of the money he has wasted over the years. Why doesn't he just pull the plug.what income can he hope to genuinely raise that will outstrip the current running costs. Sure he may get few hundred thousand for driver kello or templeton but nothing approaching covering season's costs

Kaiser1962
23-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Mini hun oh very good you've not lost your tremendous rapier wit in your moment of glory. I don't post a lot on here generally just an interested observer. I certainly never post about finances as I really don't know. I'll discuss games teams players especialy the 19's all day as rather stick to what i know best. Just out of interest as i know there are a few learned men on here particuarly caversham who i always enjoy reading his take on finances. I wonder why Romanov is settling tax bills etc when surely he will never get even a percentage of the money he has wasted over the years. Why doesn't he just pull the plug.what income can he hope to genuinely raise that will outstrip the current running costs. Sure he may get few hundred thousand for driver kello or templeton but nothing approaching covering season's costs

By doing so the situation remains in his control.

Peevemor
23-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Mini hun oh very good you've not lost your tremendous rapier wit in your moment of glory. I don't post a lot on here generally just an interested observer. I certainly never post about finances as I really don't know. I'll discuss games teams players especialy the 19's all day as rather stick to what i know best. Just out of interest as i know there are a few learned men on here particuarly caversham who i always enjoy reading his take on finances. I wonder why Romanov is settling tax bills etc when surely he will never get even a percentage of the money he has wasted over the years. Why doesn't he just pull the plug.what income can he hope to genuinely raise that will outstrip the current running costs. Sure he may get few hundred thousand for driver kello or templeton but nothing approaching covering season's costs

Because Romanov wil want to recover as much money as possible. If the tax man was to force Hearts into administration/receivership, Vlad would no longer have any control.

proud_and_green
23-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Its how these things go Bruno. They spend a long time just making a payment or getting a week or two's grace to come up with the cash when it's plain to see the cash is not only not there, it's reducing all the time. Its a bit like a duck in that looks serene top the onlooker but underneath its chaos. Then one day it goes pop and all hell breaks loose.

The sad thing is a lot of decent Yams have been swept along and all dissent has been ridiculed. The really bad thing is there are still a lot of Yams who have no comprehension the sheight they are in and are still, to a degree, in denial. The "We owe it to ourselves" brigade.

The amount who think there is a queue of folk with £20m+ that are just willing to throw it away is astounding, it really is.

The best thing that can happen to Hearts (from a yam point of view) is that 1/ UBIG + UKIO goes pop as well or 2/ Vlad snuffs it.

Neither of those would help Hearts at all. Scenario 1 would result in the liquidators realising all assets - ie the debt owed by Hearts therefore they would require immediate payment of the debt and would presumably look to wind up the club and sell off Swiny to recoup some of the debt. Result end of Hearts. Scenario 2 would rely on the goodwill of Vlad's heirs, maintaining the status quo at Hearts, I imagine that it would be highly unlikely that they woould continue to support the club financially and would seek to get either reduce the burden or cut and run by flogging swiny. same resut as scenario 1.

I think any way you look at it, they are up sheight creek without a boat, lifebelt or the ability to swim.

grunt
23-11-2011, 10:11 PM
I wonder why Romanov is settling tax bills etc when surely he will never get even a percentage of the money he has wasted over the years. Why doesn't he just pull the plug.what income can he hope to genuinely raise that will outstrip the current running costs.
I think this is a very good question to which we can only guess at the answer. I would suggest that he is just delaying making that final decision. Whatever way he chooses, Vlad will undoubtedly lose a bucketful of money, and I guess that would be hard for him to take. My view is that he is putting off making the ultimate decision, and paying the PAYE/NI buys him a little more time.

PapillonVert
23-11-2011, 10:11 PM

Fair enough, bruno, it may be a difference between Hibs and Hearts fans but I do not believe for a minute that Hibs fans would have fallen down in adoration of VR in the way that Hearts fans have or, even if we had been enamoured at the beginning, that we would have gone on be-LIE-ving and worshipping in the unquestioning way thay you guys have for so long.

We have seen our club brought close to extinction and had to fight desperately to save it and so maybe we are less complacent than Hearts fans because of that experience. Even so, I still can't believe you allowed this to happen or that you were so easily taken in by this guy.

DC_Hibs
23-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Question for Bruno.

Realistically, what price would you think fair for Vlad to ask for the club.
Outright ownership of the club, stadium and with no monies due to UBIG/Ukio etc.

Obviously a(nother) gesture of goodwill is required from him.

HibbyAndy
Im getting so excited the end really IS near for these erseholes!.

:pray:

:flag: :flag: :flag:

BEEJ
Thanks for taking the time to respond. :aok:

proud_and_green
I think this is a very good question to which we can only guess at the answer. I would suggest that he is just delaying making that final decision. Whatever way he chooses, Vlad will undoubtedly lose a bucketful of money, and I guess that would be hard for him to take. My view is that he is putting off making the ultimate decision, and paying the PAYE/NI buys him a little more time.

More likely as has been said, if HMRC wind the club up - Vlad will get nothing. Keep them at bay and he can perhaps salvage something.

down the slope
23-11-2011, 10:17 PM
The whole thing is what we thought it was five years ago-smoke and mirrors. Everywhere Vlad has stuck his oar in has gone thruppeny bits up , god knows what the whole thing was about but laundry / money but maybe not in that order spring to mind !. It would seem we are approaching the end game and how good is it ?, if you visit keekback it is better than any comedy show you will ever see on the telly, they even think MR Romanov has his own private jet ( Ryanair ) , the good thing is it is going to be long -really long and painfull for the deluded, it's been worth waiting for.

bruno
23-11-2011, 10:18 PM
Because Romanov wil want to recover as much money as possible. If the tax man was to force Hearts into administration/receivership, Vlad would no longer have any control. Fair enough but if tax bill they just paid was a million as he's running a venture that continues to lose money surely the quicker he could get out the better. I'm probably being far too simplistic. . Or more likely i'm just simple. . .

proud_and_green
23-11-2011, 10:18 PM

What is a realistic get out price? That could be a £1 just to get it off his books and accept the loss - doesn't strike me as a Vlad like move though.

Tranent Hibby
23-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Lowest ever share price :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=UKB1L:LH

Kaiser1962
23-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Neither of those would help Hearts at all. Scenario 1 would result in the liquidators realising all assets - ie the debt owed by Hearts therefore they would require immediate payment of the debt and would presumably look to wind up the club and sell off Swiny to recoup some of the debt. Result end of Hearts. Scenario 2 would rely on the goodwill of Vlad's heirs, maintaining the status quo at Hearts, I imagine that it would be highly unlikely that they woould continue to support the club financially and would seek to get either reduce the burden or cut and run by flogging swiny. same resut as scenario 1.

I think any way you look at it, they are up sheight creek without a boat, lifebelt or the ability to swim.

At the moment Vlad is hanging onto control to get what he can from the wreckage that best serves his purposes. If UBIG went bust and liquidators appointed, they would be immeasurably easier to deal with from a Hearts point of view, than UBIG or Vlad. There would at least be the possibility that the club would survive separated from its home admittedly, but the club name, crest et al would continue on. I cant see how it can in it's present predicament.

Whatever scenario unfolds the bit in bold is accurate.

degenerated
23-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Vlad would no longer have any control.

safe to assume you ain't referring to his faculties :agree:

Kaiser1962
23-11-2011, 10:23 PM
Im getting so excited the end really IS near for these erseholes!.

We've waited a while.

bruno
23-11-2011, 10:23 PM
Question for Bruno. Realistically, what price would you think fair for Vlad to ask for the club. Outright ownership of the club, stadium and with no monies due to UBIG/Ukio etc. Obviously a(nother) gesture of goodwill is required from him. I don't think he can ask for any price. There are very limited assets tynecastle will be worth a fraction of what it was worth when he took over and in a fire sale for want of a better expression players values will be negligible. I really can't see him getting anything in the short term to cover the enormous debts.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-11-2011, 10:25 PM
On the 12th day of christmas
The yams began to plea ...

Viva_Palmeiras
23-11-2011, 10:25 PM

Hibbyradge
23-11-2011, 10:27 PM
It's the Glasgow SFA/Media/Mafia's fault.

DC_Hibs
23-11-2011, 10:31 PM
I don't think he can ask for any price. There are very limited assets tynecastle will be worth a fraction of what it was worth when he took over and in a fire sale for want of a better expression players values will be negligible. I really can't see him getting anything in the short term to cover the enormous debts.

OK, so you hope he "swallows" c£35m of debt currently owed, disregard previous write offs/debt for equity swaps and then hand over a football club with assets of c£10m-£15m for brussel sprout.

That's probably the only way right enough that someone else will take over as it stands.

Thanks.

proud_and_green
23-11-2011, 10:33 PM

Where's that tick tock count down thing......?

bruno
23-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Fair enough, bruno, it may be a difference between Hibs and Hearts fans but I do not believe for a minute that Hibs fans would have fallen down in adoration of VR in the way that Hearts fans have or, even if we had been enamoured at the beginning, that we would have gone on be-LIE-ving and worshipping in the unquestioning way thay you guys have for so long. We have seen our club brought close to extinction and had to fight desperately to save it and so maybe we are less complacent than Hearts fans because of that experience. Even so, I still can't believe you allowed this to happen or that you were so easily taken in by this guy. I don't think there can be such a generalisation as this. I think withing both teams supports there will be those taken in by it. There will be those opposed to it and there will be those just enjoying the ride. Both teams have followers from all walks of life and differing levels of intelligence and understanding. Times have changed enormously since Hibs troubles and should sir Tom start spending money he couldn't sustain would there be an immediate concerted attempt to stop him. We know he wouldn.t he's too smart for that but are there shareholders that can stop him . That's a genuine question not being smart as know even less how Hibs are run than Hearts

grunt
23-11-2011, 10:40 PM
More likely as has been said, if HMRC wind the club up - Vlad will get nothing. Keep them at bay and he can perhaps salvage something.Yes thanks. It took me so long to phrase my question, I missed the answer being posted!

ScottB
23-11-2011, 10:42 PM
I see there's been an international arrest warrant for the Antonov guy who owned the Snoras Bank that collapsed last week.

Wonder if a similar fate awaits the mad one in the weeks to come...

AK86
23-11-2011, 10:43 PM

he paid the tax because tax evasion is a jailable offence. The taxman gets his pound of flesh

proud_and_green
23-11-2011, 10:46 PM
[/B]

he paid the tax because tax evasion is a jailable offence. The taxman gets his pound of flesh

Tax evasion is not the same as failing to pay your tax. HMRC would have to prove he actively sought to deceive them about how much tax was due; that would be a jailable offence, inability to pay the correctly assessed tax based on full disclosure would result in the taxman applying to wind the club up.

Don Giovanni
23-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Tax evasion is not the same as failing to pay your tax. HMRC would have to prove he actively sought to deceive them about how much tax was due; that would be a jailable offence, inability to pay the correctly assessed tax based on full disclosure would result in the taxman applying to wind the club up. I have no idea whether your information is correct but I'll take your word for it proud_and_green. What I do know is that when applied to Vlad and Hertz baith o' those scenarios are quite appealing :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
23-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Because Romanov wil want to recover as much money as possible. If the tax man was to force Hearts into administration/receivership, Vlad would no longer have any control.

vlad might not have stumped up this money, it might be that the board have scraped every penny they can and just managed to pay it, hence the reason why they have no money left to pay wages etc, just a thought.

perhaps the season ticket money which is normally ring fenced(at a normal club anyway) has been plundered.

proud_and_green
I have no idea whether your information is correct but I'll take your word for it proud_and_green. What I do know is that when applied to Vlad and Hertz baith o' those scenarios are quite appealing :greengrin

Personally, i do not want see him done for tax evasion, granted that may do the trick for Hearts, but after what he has done he should receive a Knighthood not the jail. In fact i am sure that you can nominate people now for honours, not sure if he could get a full one, not being british, perhaps just an Honorary Knighthood is the best we could hope for.

Maybe we should start a campaign to get his contribution to football appropriately recognised - Freedom of the City at the very least.....!

AK86
Tax evasion is not the same as failing to pay your tax. HMRC would have to prove he actively sought to deceive them about how much tax was due; that would be a jailable offence, inability to pay the correctly assessed tax based on full disclosure would result in the taxman applying to wind the club up.
Sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........these numpties believe anything :na na:

bighairyfaeleith
23-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Personally, i do not want see him done for tax evasion, granted that may do the trick for Hearts, but after what he has done he should receive a Knighthood not the jail. In fact i am sure that you can nominate people now for honours, not sure if he could get a full one, not being british, perhaps just an Honorary Knighthood is the best we could hope for.

Maybe we should start a campaign to get his contribution to football appropriately recognised - Freedom of the City at the very least.....!

maybe we should start one of those 100k petition things and get the question asked at parliament as to why vlad has not been given a knighthood?

Sprouleflyer
23-11-2011, 11:17 PM

This is the bit I don't undertstand, what makes you and many other jambos that I know excited about the U19's getting a chance? As far as I am aware they have won nothing as a group of players yet.

Hibs had a very successful U19's team recently that won the league and cup, yet how many of that team has made the step up and compete in the SPL? I can only think of 2, Spoony and Booth (not 100% sure Booth was part of that team).

From a very successful team, only 2 players have made the grade, how many of the current Jambos U19's team will make the grade..........?

greenlex
23-11-2011, 11:20 PM
I thought Tyncastle belonged to Ubig after it was signed over as part of one of the debt for equity deals?

Hibby70
23-11-2011, 11:20 PM
On the 12th day of christmasThe yams began to plea ...1st : 50 million is a fair fee 2nd: 2 Romanovs 3rd: 3 tax men 4th: 4 crawling turds 5th: fiiiive albert kiddsEtc

Hibbyradge
23-11-2011, 11:27 PM
This is the bit I don't undertstand, what makes you and many other jambos that I know excited about the U19's getting a chance? As far as I am aware they have won nothing as a group of players yet.

Hibs had a very successful U19's team recently that won the league and cup, yet how many of that team has made the step up and compete in the SPL? I can only think of 2, Spoony and Booth (not 100% sure Booth was part of that team).

From a very successful team, only 2 players have made the grade, how many of the current Jambos U19's team will make the grade..........?

Booth was the outstanding player in that team, imo.

proud_and_green
23-11-2011, 11:28 PM
maybe we should start one of those 100k petition things and get the question asked at parliament as to why vlad has not been given a knighthood?

Yes, i heard recently that all 100k petitions have to be considered and can't be ignored although the Govt are looking to change that. Trouble would be getting the signatures, if only we had the support that the Yams have (sorry that could had already are they still in business?).

monktonharp
24-11-2011, 12:48 AM
The whole thing is what we thought it was five years ago-smoke and mirrors. Everywhere Vlad has stuck his oar in has gone thruppeny bits up , god knows what the whole thing was about but laundry / money but maybe not in that order spring to mind !. It would seem we are approaching the end game and how good is it ?, if you visit keekback it is better than any comedy show you will ever see on the telly, they even think MR Romanov has his own private jet ( Ryanair ) , the good thing is it is going to be long -really long and painfull for the deluded, it's been worth waiting for. there is no more "laundry money", each player has to wash his ain strip, or take it hame to get their Ma' to wash it. next on the agenda:they could pull out of Riccarton, all the players can train at PBS, turn it into a proper mudpit. this can make all games played there a lottery. this will even up when they offload all the big stars :wink:

Hibercelona
24-11-2011, 12:54 AM
there is no more "laundry money", each player has to wash his ain strip, or take it hame to get their Ma' to wash it. next on the agenda:they could pull out of Riccarton, all the players can train at PBS, turn it into a proper mudpit. this can make all games played there a lottery. this will even up when they offload all the big stars :wink:

It always feels like a lottery when we play them there anyway. They just always seem to be on the lucky end of things.

Kammy1875
24-11-2011, 01:02 AM
They ****s will come out of all this ok, totally Jammy bassas that they are as per usual.

monktonharp
24-11-2011, 01:11 AM
looks more likely that they will have egg on their faces, as opposed tae jam.:cb

Hibercelona
24-11-2011, 01:24 AM
They ****s will come out of all this ok, totally Jammy bassas that they are as per usual.

Wouldn't be any real shock.

Tynecastle could get demolished and they'd probably find a gold mine underneath. :rolleyes:

RickyS
24-11-2011, 02:13 AM

im the same, i can't get excited about their demise till it actually happens, i'm scared to wind Yam mates up incase it blows up in my face!

mjhibby
24-11-2011, 08:16 AM
I believ hbos still has the deeds to the ground and it will take in the region of £2m to get them hence the reason the mad one hasnt tried to put the pbs on the market.

Hibs07p
24-11-2011, 09:20 AM
1st : 50 million is a fair fee 2nd: 2 Romanovs 3rd: 3 tax men 4th: 4 crawling turds 5th: fiiiive albert kiddsEtc

My childish version of 12 days of Xmas.

12 Jambos gloating
11 Diet Huns
10 Lord Foulkes drinking
9 Romanovs dancing
8 players begging
7 Hibs goals
6 players crying
5 Albert Kidds
4 Calling Taxmen
3 Bending Jambos
2 Edinburgh Councillors
And Vlad with a massive hardon.

dangermouse
24-11-2011, 09:52 AM
I believ hbos still has the deeds to the ground and it will take in the region of £2m to get them hence the reason the mad one hasnt tried to put the pbs on the market.

I thought all their debt was with UKIO? Why would HBOS hold onto the deeds?

Dibben
24-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Yeah, I thought UBIG got the deeds to the PBS after they didn't pay off a debt last time (or the time before...)!

brog
24-11-2011, 10:42 AM
It's from the playing perspective that they'll really be screwed to start with. I posted a week or 2 back that it wouldn't surprise me if senior players' wages are not paid until next year, although more probably Santa Vlad will do an emotional Xmas payment.
Soon as window opens however there will be a mass exodus. It's an unusual situation where players & management both want the players to leave!! There's no point in players like Suso or Obua trying to do a Kingston & sit out their contract. They won't get paid & at end of the day they'll just be another creditor queueing up for 5p in the £. Similarly, the only way Vlad will get any kind of decent income for those players, say Driver/Templeton, on longer contracts is to sell them now. Their value diminishes with every day their contracts run down.
I believe Vlad will sell, sell, sell, pocket as much as possible & do a runner.
Merry Xmas & thanks Vlad!

KeithTheHibby
24-11-2011, 10:44 AM

At least you don't have Chris Robinson in charge any more.:greengrin:wink:

jacomo
24-11-2011, 11:06 AM

Why doesn't he phone me?? He said such sweet things last night...

Greentinted
24-11-2011, 11:13 AM
My childish version of 12 days of Xmas.

12 Jambos gloating
11 Diet Huns
10 Lord Foulkes drinking
9 Romanovs dancing
8 players begging
7 Hibs goals
6 players crying
5 Albert Kidds
4 Calling Taxmen
3 Bending Jambos
2 Edinburgh Councillors
And Vlad with a massive hardon.

That's actually rather good. :aok:

PatHead
24-11-2011, 11:17 AM
It's from the playing perspective that they'll really be screwed to start with. I posted a week or 2 back that it wouldn't surprise me if senior players' wages are not paid until next year, although more probably Santa Vlad will do an emotional Xmas payment.
Soon as window opens however there will be a mass exodus. It's an unusual situation where players & management both want the players to leave!! There's no point in players like Suso or Obua trying to do a Kingston & sit out their contract. They won't get paid & at end of the day they'll just be another creditor queueing up for 5p in the £. Similarly, the only way Vlad will get any kind of decent income for those players, say Driver/Templeton, on longer contracts is to sell them now. Their value diminishes with every day their contracts run down.
I believe Vlad will sell, sell, sell, pocket as much as possible & do a runner.
Merry Xmas & thanks Vlad!

I am sure Staff wages are preferential over other creditors in event of administration so they get paid first. In addition SFA rules state football debts come first (hate that rule) and SPL could divert tv money to players wages. This would allow playes to sit it out

Aldo
24-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Let's face it... What manager in their right mind is going to bid for any Yams players until the last minute.

They will not get much and will (if they are in that bad a state) accept a lot less than they think.

Mad Vlad reckons the playing staff is worth 25 millions mmmmmmmm scratch head scratch head.

As I see it only 1 player ( and on his game a very good player) Templeton or what ever his name is but they won't get anywhere near 5 million.

Driver injury prone etc.

Tell you what tho... Let's offer them a bag of balls and a tracksuit and take the keeper Kello off of them. Quality keeper IMHO.

They will be lucky to get 2 to 3 million for their playing staff.

Lovin it totally lovin the ***** they are in

GG

Hibs07p
24-11-2011, 11:31 AM
That's actually rather good. :aok:

In hindsight, it's not too bad, only if you start at the 12 Jambos gloating and not with the traditional start at the beginning. :greengrin

Peevemor
24-11-2011, 12:24 PM
The giraffe twisting the blade a bit here.

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hearts/hearts_keeper_demands_guarantees_as_he_negotiates_ new_deal_1_1983424

But, if you’re offering a player a new contract, the last thing you should be doing is not paying his salary. How can you get a player to sign a new contract when you aren’t paying his current one.

he negotiations with John are great, but he can’t guarantee that Romanov’s going to pay the salaries every month. We need to be certain before Jamie signs a new contract.

Stevie Reid
24-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Can't believe I missed this quiet stunning bit of propaganda from Barry Anderson the other day - even by his standards, this is pathetic - and I'm sure the BIG team will be delighted at being told to use Falkirk as a model (not that I'm criticising Falkirk, who seem to be very well run): -

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/other-sport/hearts_faces_of_tomorrow_1_1978536
(http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/other-sport/hearts_faces_of_tomorrow_1_1978536)

Newry Hibs
24-11-2011, 01:00 PM

I suppose if you mean play for the first team - then probably all of them as they'll have no-one else!!

hibeesdude
24-11-2011, 06:40 PM
hopefully its all to late and they are on the slope to hell

fatbloke
24-11-2011, 07:32 PM
http://www.nasdaqomxbaltic.com/market/graphic.php?type=detail&instrument=LT0000102352&list=2&currency=EUR&start_d=24&start_m=11&start_y=2011&end_d=24&end_m=11&end_y=2011
From today's share dealings. Following on from yesterdays 5.97% drop this is just a tad worrying- hibbies yes - deluded yams it's either a plot or a blip take yer pick. Now see belowhttp://www.nasdaqomxbaltic.com/market/graphic.php?type=detail&instrument=LT0000102352&list=2&currency=EUR&start_d=24&start_m=11&start_y=2005&end_d=24&end_m=11&end_y=2005
From 24.11.2005. both prices in Euros
Now decide worrying or a blip

woody47
24-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Heard the yam team were in a meeting this morning where they were told that they MIGHT get paid next week or might not. If not they MIGHT get paid the week after or might not. As it stands they are no further down the line of knowing when or if they will get paid. FACT

matty_f
24-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Can't believe I missed this quiet stunning bit of propaganda from Barry Anderson the other day - even by his standards, this is pathetic - and I'm sure the BIG team will be delighted at being told to use Falkirk as a model (not that I'm criticising Falkirk, who seem to be very well run): -

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/other-sport/hearts_faces_of_tomorrow_1_1978536
(http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/other-sport/hearts_faces_of_tomorrow_1_1978536)

Is he f*****g mental??

Do the Yams not realise that EVERY club in Scotland is trying to bring through great youth talent?!

Why the **** does he think that the Yams, mismanaged in just about every conceivable area, are going to manage to do this right?

Andy74
24-11-2011, 08:12 PM

Reads a bit like that jointly funded report. Hearts appear to be very good a writing people's reports or articles.

DaveF
24-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Why the **** does he think that the Yams, mismanaged in just about every conceivable area, are going to manage to do this right?

He thinks that, because he is a total vlad sheep and ultra yam bam mentalist.

Hearts could burn down his house and he would write an article blaming Hibs.

greenlex
24-11-2011, 08:40 PM
He thinks that, because he is a total vlad sheep and ultra yam bam mentalist.Hearts could burn down his house and he would write an article blaming Hibs. ........... and hes ginger.

Dr Jimmy
24-11-2011, 08:46 PM
........... and hes ginger. No need...!

greenlex
24-11-2011, 08:56 PM
No need...! Sorry............,,strawberry Blonde.

Dr Jimmy
24-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Sorry............,,strawberry Blonde. Thank you....****in bigot :-)

Hibbyradge
24-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Thank you....****in bigot :-)

No need to get personal in retaliation and call him baldin.

Dr Jimmy
24-11-2011, 09:07 PM
No need to get personal in retaliation and call him baldin. :-)

BEEJ
24-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Reads a bit like that jointly funded report. Hearts appear to be very good a writing people's reports or articles.
It's a lesson in how to be upbeat and positive in the face of teeth-grinding adversity. When you're teetering on the edge of extinction, any future at all looks just great.

How things have changed in a matter of just a few weeks. :wink:

Twa Cairpets
24-11-2011, 11:57 PM
He thinks that, because he is a total vlad sheep and ultra yam bam mentalist.

Hearts could burn down his house and he would write an article blaming Hibs.

In my personal opinion, and having met the gentleman on a couple of occasions, I would suggest that Mr Anderson is a fud knocker of the first water.

mjhibby
25-11-2011, 08:21 AM

I remember steven gerrard saying that if the liverpool academy,which by all accounts is the best around,gets two players through to the first teaam each season then it will have been a success.Many youngsters ,successful at under 19 level are those that are more fully developed than most kids and a lot of them dont progress as the other kids pass them as they develop.galbraith i understand is a case in point.Complete standout out up to under 16 level but hasnt progressed.Some kids get niggly injuries and dont move forward and a lot just drift down the leagues and some out of football altogether as the competition is so fierce.As we have shown with our successful double winning team only 2 or 3 have made it to the first team.Our golden generation came through when the youngsters werent winning anything.
The youth teams coaches job is to get as many through to the first team as possible and winning trophies isnt the be all and end all of things.Unless hertz get very lucky and say five youngsters come though of the standard of scotty,gary o and deek they are royally goosed and its typical of the jambos to ignore reality and hope that a bunch of youngsters will save them.January should be a hoot at he pbs.I suppose it depends how long the mad one stays in control but the longer they go without wages being paid then the sfa and possibly eufa may intervene and take it out of his hands.Whatever happens regards the players wages its obviously battering morale so keep it up vlad your doing a great job.

hibeesdude
25-11-2011, 09:03 AM
..and a brief look at the ukio bankas shares a moment ago shows them still going downhill faster than franz klammer on speed

banchoryhibs
25-11-2011, 09:13 AM
..and a brief look at the ukio bankas shares a moment ago shows them still going downhill faster than franz klammer on speed

Oh my sides:tee hee::tee hee: Keep them coming

brog
25-11-2011, 09:47 AM
I am sure Staff wages are preferential over other creditors in event of administration so they get paid first. In addition SFA rules state football debts come first (hate that rule) and SPL could divert tv money to players wages. This would allow playes to sit it out

You're correct, employees are preferential creditors but that's not really the point I was trying to make. If Yams go into admin then there won't be any money to pay anyone, preferential or not. Similarly while the SPL could possibly help out with wages it's extremely uncertain at best.
I have no gripe with the Yam players, in fact we should applaud them & their high wages for helping bring Hawrts to the abyss, but they are not going to stay at PBS when these wages cannot be guaranteed. They'll cut & run & if necessary pursue any shortfall subsequently. Whatever way it goes I think we'll see the majority of first team squad depart in next 2 windows. Shame! :wink:

WindyMiller
25-11-2011, 10:03 AM

changed days;..............

http://www.hotstocked.com/article/0118/omx-spotlight-ukio-bankas-ukb1l-as-little-as-1-60-dollar-investment.html

RyeSloan
25-11-2011, 12:31 PM
changed days;..............

http://www.hotstocked.com/article/0118/omx-spotlight-ukio-bankas-ukb1l-as-little-as-1-60-dollar-investment.html

That 'analysis' contains one of the worst pieces of technical analysis I have ever seen....just looking at the chart even then shows support for the shares and their previous high was long gone.....looking at the share price performance since then shows a bank that never recovered after 2008 and is now not much off it's lowest low...not looking food for Vlads fortune if it is primarily based on his Ukio holding.

WindyMiller
25-11-2011, 12:35 PM
That 'analysis' contains one of the worst pieces of technical analysis I have ever seen....just looking at the chart even then shows support for the shares and their previous high was long gone.....looking at the share price performance since then shows a bank that never recovered after 2008 and is now not much off it's lowest low...not looking food for Vlads fortune if it is primarily based on his Ukio holding.

:agree:

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/snapshot/snapshot.asp?ticker=UKB1L:LH

MB62
25-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Reading some of the comments from our beLIEver friends, Bruno included, they seem to think (correct me if I am wrong Bruno) that there is a desire or necessity on Vlads part that he HAS to sell hearts as a going concern. However, if you read his comments about losing all interest in ALL football, why would he HAVE to take a financial hit on the club by selling them for £1 or whatever ridiculous price.
The only fixed asset which he should be able to sell, accepted even by the Yams, is Swinie. Why Vlad would want to give away an asset worth around £10m (although Vlad reckons it is nearer £25m) is beyond me and is shirley Yamamathics. What he may sell for £1 is the name of the club, allowing possible new owners to continue trading but I would also expect them to inherit at least some of the debt of the existing club.

My own personal beLIEf is that the Yams will survive, but they will be playing in a rented ground somewhere and possibly even in the lower divisions, if not now then in the near future as they will struggle to survive on the footballing side in the SPL (a bit like ourselves at the moment, unless Pat sorts out our own mess quickly).

Hearts as we know them now, will not exist, unless one of their fans wins £161m on the euro lottery.

Hibbyradge
25-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Down another 6.5% so far today.

http://www.nasdaqomxbaltic.com/market/?currency=EUR&instrument=LT0000102352&list=2&pg=details&tab=trading&lang=en

Just Alf
25-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Down another 6.5% so far today.

http://www.nasdaqomxbaltic.com/market/?currency=EUR&instrument=LT0000102352&list=2&pg=details&tab=trading&lang=en

Down 42% since June :-/

fatbloke
25-11-2011, 04:26 PM
-5.41% today:panic:

HibeeMG
25-11-2011, 04:30 PM
But the shareholders of the bank own the club so they owe the money to themselves, shirley? :greengrin

fatbloke
25-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Down 42% since June :-/

ended the day -5.41% just a blip:greengrin or :panic:

O'Rourke3
25-11-2011, 04:41 PM
But the shareholders of the bank own the club so they owe the money to themselves, shirley? :greengrin

Correct so they can buy the shares off themselves at the lower price making a huge profit on the previous price they'd previously paid themselves for them, then :whistle:

RyeSloan
25-11-2011, 04:56 PM
:agree:

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/snapshot/snapshot.asp?ticker=UKB1L:LH

From October last year:

Baltic Business Daily reported that Mr. Vladimir Romanov, the majority shareholder of Ukio Bankas AB, has purchased another 1.57% of shares of Ukio Bankas AB for a total of LTL 4.779 million (EUR 1.4 million) through a mandatory tender offer. Mr. Vladimir Romanov has thus increased its shareholding to 53.1% from 51.33%. He offered to buy the remaining shares in the Company at LTL 1.03 per share. Mr. Vladimir Romanov has received the green light from the Lithuanian Competition Council and the Central Bank of Lithuania to acquire up to 100% of shares in Ukio Bankas AB.

I assume this was the price paid in the tender offer...I wonder if he was forced to buy any more at that price...shame if he was :greengrin

Reading their unaudited accounts on this page is not easy but they seem to have posted a resonable Q3 performance but I think they are still facing a hefty loss in the year and appear to be looking to issue further bonds. Ultimately I think the message is clear here, the bak is still losing money, they need to re-finance, profit is non existant and therefore profit attributable to shareholders zero. When you know that Vlad is by far the majority shareholder in this bank you have to say that's a right shame. :greengrin

Dr Jimmy
25-11-2011, 05:00 PM
I always seem to start with "I am not an expert on this, but".....surely we don't want Vlad to go under as that would leave Hearts open to being picked up for a fee agreed with the administrator.

I would have thought the best way for their demise is the current strategy Vlad has adopted i.e. quote a stupid price that means anyone wanting to buy them cant afford the ground as well as the club. This will leave them homeless when a sale is agreed and it leaves Tynecastle to the mercy of the housing market.... (price of land rises in 4-5 years time...Vlad sells empty "stadium", gets his cash and jumps back on the sub to Lith, job done!).

Kaiser1962
25-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Sorry............,,strawberry Blonde.

Italian Auburn :wink:

Sergey
25-11-2011, 07:45 PM
As I understand it, the Bank of Lithuania and the Lithuanian government are investigating all banks of the country. Ukio being one.

Over and above that investigation, there's an on-going Interpol investigation for money laundering hanging over Ukio. This dates back to 2009 a 'black hole' in their accounts

Not a great position to be in if you're the 53% stakeholder.

Gatecrasher
25-11-2011, 07:51 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15899812.stm

:cb (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15899812.stm)

HibbyAndy
25-11-2011, 09:02 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15899812.stm

:cb (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15899812.stm)

Outstanding :faf: :faf: :faf:

judas
25-11-2011, 10:54 PM

Actually - I think things could go seriously pear shaped this season. I wonder what the odds are on Hearts being relegated?

greenlex
25-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Actually - I think things could go seriously pear shaped this season. I wonder what the odds are on Hearts being relegated?

50/1 bet365. Already £20 on it :greengrin

Www1875hfc
25-11-2011, 11:00 PM

You got a link Greenlex ? Fancy a piece of that myself :aok:

degenerated
25-11-2011, 11:03 PM

I got them at 66/1 last week. Some bookies are only offering 20's now. Still a good bet at that though.

greenlex
25-11-2011, 11:05 PM
You got a link Greenlex ? Fancy a piece of that myself :aok:

Tried but that link went straight to my account. I like you but not that much.:greengrin

hibsbollah
25-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Can't believe I missed this quiet stunning bit of propaganda from Barry Anderson the other day - even by his standards, this is pathetic - and I'm sure the BIG team will be delighted at being told to use Falkirk as a model (not that I'm criticising Falkirk, who seem to be very well run): -http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/other-sport/hearts_faces_of_tomorrow_1_1978536Surely he's being satirical there? i can't believe hes writing that with a straight face?!

degenerated
26-11-2011, 01:18 AM
I'm surprised no other spl clubs have thought of this revolutionary business model.

Jones28
26-11-2011, 01:32 AM
Fair enough, bruno, it may be a difference between Hibs and Hearts fans but I do not believe for a minute that Hibs fans would have fallen down in adoration of VR in the way that Hearts fans have or, even if we had been enamoured at the beginning, that we would have gone on be-LIE-ving and worshipping in the unquestioning way thay you guys have for so long.

We have seen our club brought close to extinction and had to fight desperately to save it and so maybe we are less complacent than Hearts fans because of that experience. Even so, I still can't believe you allowed this to happen or that you were so easily taken in by this guy.

Think about the way Hearts were before Vlad came in. 1) they were down a hole as it was, moving to Murrayfield etc, so anyone coming in would be seen as a saviour/Abromovich and secondly, it makes the current predicament even more f****** hilarious! :faf: