PDA

View Full Version : Will Fenlon inspire you to go back?

PatHead
23-11-2011, 07:17 PM
If Pat Fenlon gets the job would he encourage you, nay inspire you, to go back or even get a half season?

Before hearing a lot about him I was disappointed but the more I hear the more he sounds like the business!

Quite fancy a wee day out in Perth now.

ALF TUPPER
23-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Its been painful ....... I've never been away!!

If its Fenlons green and white army I'll happily join in. Big welcome back to everyone who has stayed away, hasnt been to Easter Road for whatever reason ...... Family, financial ...... disnae matter.

Welcome home ..... Lets get behind the Hibees!

:hibees

Betty Boop
23-11-2011, 07:30 PM
No, very uninspiring appointment IMO.

bingo70
23-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Ultimately it'll be his performance that'll determine if he'll inspire fans but short term it'll depend if he talks a good game.

If you asked this before mowbrey got the job most would have said no, however after a couple of interviews most had bought into his footballing philosophy.

His name alone won't drag fans back but there's nothing to suggest he won't be able to get the fans back.

Spike Mandela
23-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Beating St Johnstone 5-0 might, or indeed winning next five games might get punters back. Doesn't matter who manager is.

StevieC
23-11-2011, 07:35 PM
I've never left.

:wink:

Dashing Bob S
23-11-2011, 07:39 PM
It'll be results and performances that do it, rather than man himself. PF seems to have had a great relationship with Boh's fans, but one based on what he was able to deliver on the park. He'll try to inspire the players, but I doubt he'll do any Mowbray or Collins type of spiels about his philosophy of the game to us. (Which is a shame because I love that sort of thing.)

I think it's a very good appointment, a no-nonsense guy with a winning mentality who knows how to get the best of players and build a team. He's also brought through good youngsters. Yes, it is a step up, but he seems hungry and will see the job as a real opportunity for him. In other words, he won't be looking over his shoulder at the Engerlish Midderlands. Hopefully he'll know a few decent LOI players who can add some pace, bite and a bit of skill to our defense and midfield. The one decent thing Calderwood did do was lave players on short-term contracts. I would think Fenlon will be looking hard at what we've got between now and January, and a few players will down the road.

Wembley67
23-11-2011, 07:41 PM

What is a realistic inspiring appointment?

I think a lot of supporters think we have some god given right to attract managers of mid to high quality but who in their right mind is going to even contemplate the backwater of Scottish football. The best we can hope for is someone like Fenlon who may surprise a few then he will make the move down south if successful, managers are the same as players especially in a weak league.

Cabbage East
This guy isn't a big name so in the short term won't inspire people to go back. But if he gets performances and results, he will.

Westie1875
I've never left but I must admit I'm not overly enthused by Fenlon, will wait and see. There will need to be a good improvement to the way we play and results to convince me to buy another season ticket next year.

Leithenhibby
23-11-2011, 07:44 PM

I recall when Tony Mowbrey got the gig, my first thoughts were WTF, WHO...

PF isn't a name that I would have thought about, but how many managers have been in that position and become wonderful at their job!! :wink:

PatHead
23-11-2011, 07:45 PM
I was more thinking that CC could have taken us on another "fantastic February" and it still wouldn't have got me wanting to go back. He just didn't inspire me.

So far what I have read and heard from snippets makes me think he might pull it off though. Like Mowbury buying into his vision. Getting some feel good factor back.

Hibbyradge
23-11-2011, 07:51 PM
I'd never go to a game because of who the manager was.

If Jose Mourinho or Shiralex was in charge and the team was producing the same gash as Hibs have recently, crowds would still be dwindling.

Performances and results inspire.

Hopefully, we'll get a manager who can make both of those better.

judas
23-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Its been painful ....... I've never been away!!

If its Fenlons green and white army I'll happily join in. Big welcome back to everyone who has stayed away, hasnt been to Easter Road for whatever reason ...... Family, financial ...... disnae matter.

Welcome home ..... Lets get behind the Hibees!

:hibees

Refreshing attitude that. Makes a change from the sanctimonious lecturing drivel we often get on here from the 'loyal' (whatever the hell that means) mob.

Not too inspired by Fenlon, not convinced that a manager from the Irish league will handle our big ego professionals. He will be tested by never before, but out there, I will support him to the max.

bingo70
23-11-2011, 07:56 PM
I think people feed of enthusiasm, players and fans, a quality severely lacking from cc but one fenlon appears to have bucket loads of.

Cc had a real lack of energy about him and I think his team reflected that and considering how young our team is that's an absolute sin so I hope the players are inspired by him, if they are and they start enjoying their football again the fans will soon start to do the same

Dashing Bob S
23-11-2011, 07:57 PM
...another thought: as a 'gypsy' 'nutsy' will be used to caravan life, so should settle fairly easily here.

Betty Boop
23-11-2011, 07:59 PM
What is a realistic inspiring appointment?

I think a lot of supporters think we have some god given right to attract managers of mid to high quality but who in their right mind is going to even contemplate the backwater of Scottish football. The best we can hope for is someone like Fenlon who may surprise a few then he will make the move down south if successful, managers are the same as players especially in a weak league.

Hope the guy does well of course, however Stephen Kenny came to Scotland with a good record in the LOI. This appointment if it happens, is in the same mould. I expected out of 90 candidates somebody a bit more exciting. Just being honest ! :greengrin

bingo70
23-11-2011, 08:04 PM
I think kenny had one decent season in Ireland and has since said his move came to early in his career whereas fenlon is experienced and been a success at different clubs under very different circumstances at each one

Golden Bear
23-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Beating St Johnstone 5-0 might, or indeed winning next five games might get punters back. Doesn't matter who manager is.

Exactly.

jdships
23-11-2011, 08:16 PM
I'd never go to a game because of who the manager was.

If Jose Mourinho or Shiralex was in charge and the team was producing the same gash as Hibs have recently, crowds would still be dwindling.

Performances and results inspire.

Hopefully, we'll get a manager who can make both of those better.

:thumbsup::agree:
I have stopped going purely and simply because
A I have better things to do with my pension
B Football is about entertainment , which I am not getting

If results/standards improve I most likely will be back :greengrin

ScottB
23-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Seriously, people are ready to write the guy off before he's even boarded the plane. Sums it up eh.

He should be judged on how we do, not whether he meets the oft spouted vagueness of being an 'ambitious appointment' or whatever the bull is this week.

If his team does well, and wins games I'd be amazed if any of the nay sayers continued to 'stay away' and if they do, then screw 'em frankly.

bingo70
23-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Seriously, people are ready to write the guy off before he's even boarded the plane. Sums it up eh.He should be judged on how we do, not whether he meets the oft spouted vagueness of being an 'ambitious appointment' or whatever the bull is this week.If his team does well, and wins games I'd be amazed if any of the nay sayers continued to 'stay away' and if they do, then screw 'em frankly. To be fair, nobody on this thread has written him off

Tricla
23-11-2011, 08:28 PM
...another thought: as a 'gypsy' 'nutsy' will be used to caravan life, so should settle fairly easily here.

Indeed.

Peg sales will go through the roof!

The Tash isnae daft!

ScottB
23-11-2011, 08:31 PM
To be fair, nobody on this thread has written him off

Seen quite a few such posts elsewhere... Getting in pre-emptively haha

Reaper
23-11-2011, 08:32 PM
I will be returning whoever gets the job. I said at the end of last season, I wouldn't be back until CC was gone because he would do nothing for us. Sadly, I was proved correct and as I usually do I'll go along and the give the new manager support. Whoever comes in will have to be really really bad to drive me away again, as I sat as a bairn through Blobby, Hughes (latterly), Alex Miller (sometimes), Jim Duffy(latterly) but CC was the straw that broke the camels back (I still can't get over him saying that a 0-0 draw at home to Dunfermline would've been a desirable result). I believe the only ay is up and agree with Richard Gordon that Hibs could benefit from the state of the SPL and have some success very soon provided the right man is at the helm.

Incidentally do the Half seasons go on sale in December?

GGTTH

hibs0666
23-11-2011, 08:36 PM
I've never left.

:wink:

Amen to that brother.

hibsbollah
23-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Goan the Nutsy :flag:

hibs0666
23-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Seriously, people are ready to write the guy off before he's even boarded the plane. Sums it up eh.

He should be judged on how we do, not whether he meets the oft spouted vagueness of being an 'ambitious appointment' or whatever the bull is this week.

If his team does well, and wins games I'd be amazed if any of the nay sayers continued to 'stay away' and if they do, then screw 'em frankly.

I wouldn't worry about folk writing the likes of Fenlon off - says more about them as Hibs supporters than anything else. Perth here we come. :thumbsup:

PapillonVert
23-11-2011, 08:43 PM
As long as I can afford to, I will probably always renew my season ticket as I see that as part and parcel of my support for the Club = through thick and thin (mostly thin, alas!) and all that. I hasten to add that that is entirely my personal view and others will take - totally justifiably and rightfully - their own view.

If it is Fenlon, he will have my 100% support. If this appointment fails, I think we really need to wonder if the problem is in the manager's office or elsewhere (and I don't mean the Board or RP but the players ).

mca
23-11-2011, 08:59 PM
If it is Fenlon or the Nutter (nutsy) is just the posh name...

Lets get BEHIND the Team As Well - Stop The Booing everytime a pass or something goes astray..

Remember - Even messi, ronaldo, tevez and all them kinda guys that a worth more than hibs and probably the same as small country - make mistakes..

im going to put my tin-hat on and agree with roders a bit - he was right in saying that the hibs fans have made easter road an intimidating place for all the wrong reasons.. - the players hate the boos and "boos" = its just not going to help..... is it ???

Please Stop Booing every hibs player that makes a mistake.. / ffs... - Try to inspire them on a bit.. :aok:..

muzzhfc
23-11-2011, 09:08 PM
whoever it is, we have to give them time. i remember one game last season not long after cc had taken over there was a boy who held up a sign saying "CC out" or something. whoever takes over will need to bring in their own players. luckily, january is just over a month away and he can start shaping his squad. then we need to give him a FULL season before we judge. not just 5 games . . .

Eyrie
23-11-2011, 10:32 PM
I don't know about a full season, but I will give Fenlon a full year. By this stage in 2012/13 we'll know just how good a manager he is.

I'm giving him a lot of slack until next summer though.

Craig_HFC
23-11-2011, 10:35 PM
I've never left. If it is confirmed to be Fenlon then I'd be happy with that.

The_Horde
23-11-2011, 10:55 PM

Lets get BEHIND the Team As Well - Stop The Booing everytime a pass or something goes astray..

Remember - Even messi, ronaldo, tevez and all them kinda guys that a worth more than hibs and probably the same as small country - make mistakes..

im going to put my tin-hat on and agree with roders a bit - he was right in saying that the hibs fans have made easter road an intimidating place for all the wrong reasons.. - the players hate the boos and "boos" = its just not going to help..... is it ???

Please Stop Booing every hibs player that makes a mistake.. / ffs... - Try to inspire them on a bit.. :aok:..

I'm sure i read somewhere that he got the nickname 'nutsy' because, as a player, he liked to try a nutmeg or two.

If he gets the gig I'm right behind him, it doesn't inspire me as such but that's because I feel that the manager is only a small % of the problem at ER these days.

As for going back, i never left!

lucky
23-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Never stopped going but Im well chuffed its not FJK, Robertson or any hearts or ex hun. So im happy to give him time.

andrew70
23-11-2011, 11:31 PM
Yes I'll be back, every week. Under Calderwood I'd become so disillusioned with Hibernian and the general malaise the club was going through. Fenlon, despite not knowing too much about him, seems to have the attributes and abilities to steady the ship and more importantly push us on. Let's give Pat a chance to show his true worth and allow Hibernian to flourish under his guidance.

See you all in Perth. GGTTH

Sir David Gray
23-11-2011, 11:44 PM
I've never been away but for those who have left the club over the past couple of years due to poor results/performances, I can't imagine that the appointment of Pat Fenlon will bring too many of them back, at least not instantly anyway.

As others have said, it's good results and performances that will bring the fans back to Easter Road and those two things alone. A new manager will hopefully encourage those two things to happen but his appointment will not automatically bring anyone back.

A lot of people have been left extremely disillusioned by what is happening at the club over the past couple of years and they need a reason to come back.

Unfortunately, I personally feel that we are still some way off from turning the corner.

--------
23-11-2011, 11:58 PM
I don't know about 'inspire', but it would be a bit silly not to give the bloke a chance.

FWIW I think this appointment could be a good call - not sure why, I just do.

snooky
24-11-2011, 12:40 AM
Whoever the new man is, it will be interesting to see which players up their game (if any) under the new management.
I would be looking at Palsson for one.

Kammy1875
24-11-2011, 01:00 AM
Support the team whoever the manager. This will be an inspirational appointment though and will get the support back on side and will mould a side for the support to be proud of.

I don't even care if we arent the best in the world, a bit more pride in the jersey would be a good start.

half.time.draw.
24-11-2011, 01:06 AM
Its performance I want, dont give a **** about manager. This is Hibs, ****ing show you deserve to play for this club. Every ****ing one of you. Rant over good night.

basehibby
24-11-2011, 01:50 AM
I was never away but I'll be watching with great interest and renewed enthusiasm to see what Fenlon can do.

He was one out of left field for me when he first came seriously into the running, but the more I've heard about him the more he's sounded like a real prospect. He's got a great record in Irish Football - can he do it at a higher level? Well it looks like we're about to find out!

I won't be expecting anything over night - I wouldn't expect that from any manager as he'll have the same players to pick from and will need time to get his ideas accross.

Whether he's what you were hoping for or not though, I'd encourage all good Hibees to get along and give him some backing - a new manager always deserves a clean slate IMO, and as has been shown in the past, being a fan's favoutite is no guarantee of success.

Fenlon seems to be a guy with hunger and ambition and no little managerial/coaching talent and he could just turn out to be another inspired appointment a la Mowbray - lets get right behind him from the start and do all we can to help him succeed! :flag::flag::flag:

HKhibby
24-11-2011, 02:18 AM
very non-inspiring appointment if he indeed gets the job, but some are right in saying Mowbray's name was the same at the time, and look how that turned out!, but we shall see, but still dont think its the right move.

col02
24-11-2011, 07:04 AM
I do not think at this moment in time it is the missing fans that need inspired to go back but more so the loyal fans who are still going week in week out to be given some form of respite from what has been largely a horrible season or two now! Give us a brand of football that gets the crowd behind you even if at times it does not come off! Let us at least see the team are trying hard not just to win matches but also entertain the fans. This appointment is a crucial one imho as we need to buck the trend and get going upwards again as any lower does not bear worth thinking about! As with any Hibs manager I will support him and the team but hopefully it will be with renewed zeal if I see some spark on the pitch!:thumbsup:

hibiedude
24-11-2011, 07:57 AM
Its only what we do on the field that will get me back to Easter Road.

until 2 weeks ago I had never heard of Pat Fenlon but "if" he gets the players playing good football that won't matter.

Lucius Apuleius
24-11-2011, 09:18 AM
I do not need anyone to inspire me to go to ER. It is what I do (when I am home). Conversely though there have been a few names thrown about that might have inspired me not to go. Majority of whom are on the Largs mafia merry go round. A new name, a new face, new ideas. Hope it is him.

The Sea-gull
24-11-2011, 09:25 AM
I find it a totally uninspiring appointment. I have no idea who he is or what his track record is like and whether this bears any relevance to the SPL in any case. I would also suggest that there are a few people prentending they know more about him than they actually do just because they don't want to admit that we may (and I say may) have made another poor managerial appointment.

Another rookie in his early 40s with no experience at any level to speak of is not what we needed. I am not saying we should have gone for Graeme Souness or someone unrealistic like that but would be dissappointed if Gordon Stachan has not been sounded out.

Despite his jambo leanings, I think FJK with BB would have fit the bill better but am in a minority there and understand the board would not have wanted to risk the wrath of the support. Would even have preferred Jimmy Calderwood.

Still, despite my misgivings about Fenlon, I will support him like I have and would any other new manager and barring us slipping into major relegation trouble or standards and crowds slipping any further, he should get until about this time next year before there are any calls for change again.

flash
24-11-2011, 09:34 AM
I find it a totally uninspiring appointment. I have no idea who he is or what his track record is like and whether this bears any relevance to the SPL in any case. I would also suggest that there are a few people prentending they know more about him than they actually do just because they don't want to admit that we may (and I say may) have made another poor managerial appointment.

Another rookie in his early 40s with no experience at any level to speak of is not what we needed. I am not saying we should have gone for Graeme Souness or someone unrealistic like that but would be dissappointed if Gordon Stachan has not been sounded out.

Despite his jambo leanings, I think FJK with BB would have fit the bill better but am in a minority there and understand the board would not have wanted to risk the wrath of the support. Would even have preferred Jimmy Calderwood.

Still, despite my misgivings about Fenlon, I will support him like I have and would any other new manager and barring us slipping into major relegation trouble or standards and crowds slipping any further, he should get until about this time next year before there are any calls for change again.

Well at least we can be thankful you weren't picking the new manager.

ahibby
24-11-2011, 09:34 AM
While I have been disillusioned and disappointed for the past two or three seasons and stopped buying a ST, I have been buying tickets for most home games, so haven't stopped going. I see this as a step in the right direction so will continue to give my support and may well go back to having a ST if PF can improve what we do on the pitch.

Sergio sledge
24-11-2011, 09:45 AM

It doesn't take 5 minutes to look at wikipedia and find out about him. Perhaps if you had done that you wouldn't have made the assumption that he is a "rookie."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Fenlon

10 seasons as a manager which have resulted in 5 league titles and 3 cups at that level, it sounds to me like he is ready for a step up to another level. I suspect that some of the people against his appointment haven't taken the time to read up on him because it doesn't suit their negative mindset to read anything positive about the guy.

Compare that to FJK who has been mediocre at best at the majority of his clubs winning 1 cup, 2 first division titles and a challenge cup in his near 30 year managerial career?

I'm glad to see you're giving him a chance, but 1 year? The new manager, whoever he is, will need longer than a year to overhaul that club.

RiseAbove
24-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Just hope the Board know what the are getting themselves into with Fenlon, from what i hear we could be in for another rollercoaster ride.

Another Scottish Premier League team were recently told not to touch Fenlon with a barge pole.

Lucius Apuleius
24-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Just hope the Board know what the are getting themselves into with Fenlon, from what i hear we could be in for another rollercoaster ride.

Another Scottish Premier League team were recently told not to touch Fenlon with a barge pole.

Do enlighten us as to the reasons why.

MSK
24-11-2011, 09:54 AM

Another Scottish Premier League team were recently told not to touch Fenlon with a barge pole.Lets just see what happens then ..some of the negativity on here recently regarding Fenlon has been ****ing unbelievable ..moreso before he has been appointed or a ball has been kicked ..lets judge him on results & not on the sniping that has been going on ..

Speedway
24-11-2011, 09:56 AM

Hearts?

Golden Bear
24-11-2011, 09:56 AM

Aye fine Michael - I'll believe you.

--------
24-11-2011, 10:23 AM

Let me get this right.

You would have been inspired by SOUNESS? STRACHAN? JEFFERIES? :rolleyes:

I go with Sergio and flash - thank goodness you weren't the one making the appointment.

Fenlon isn't a rookie - he's been operating in a League where standards have been rising consistently over the past 10-15 years. The League is well-organised and competitive (unlike the SPL on both counts) and Pat Fenlon has been its most consistently successful maager sine he went to Shelbourne about 10 years ago. Bohs are overextended financially, which is why we're now allowed to talk to their manager. It also accounts for the relatively poor season they've had this year.

This is the LoI account of PF's career, from their website:

Following a highly successful playing career, Pat Fenlon instantly became the Airtricity League's top manager, securing three league titles for Shelbourne in four season before also bringing league glory to Bohemians. The former midfield player turned his hand to management in 2002, when he replaced Dermot Keely as player/manager of Shelbourne.

Fenlon had enjoyed a very successful playing career, following stints at clubs such as Bohemians, Shamrock Rovers and Linfield, as well as Shelbourne.

Having secured a second placed finish during his first year at management, Fenlon hung-up his boots before the 2003 season in order to concentrate fully on management. It was a decision that appeared to pay off, with Shelbourne winning the league title in 2003 and 2004. Fenlon build a remarkable team at Shelbourne, securing the signatures of the top players in the league. After a disappointing season in 2005, Shels returned to the top of the domestic ladder in 2006.

His time at Shelbourne will also be remembered for the degree of European success he brought to the club. In 2004 the Tolka Park club defeated Hajduk Split and made it to the Third Qualifying Round of the UEFA Champions League, where they were eventually defeated by Spanish giants Deportivo La Coruna. However, an impressive 0-0 draw with the Spanish side in Lansdowne Road brought Fenlon and Shelbourne many admirers, both at home and abroad.

Fenlon resigned his position at Shelbourne due to the off-field troubles being experienced by the club in the winter of 2006 and was subsequently appointed to the vacant managers chair at Derry City.
It was a relationship that was not to last, however, with Fenlon departing the Brandywell mid-way through the 2007 season. Shortly after, Fenlon was appointed manager of the Republic of Ireland Under-23 side, narrowly missing out on a place in the final of the International Challenge Trophy when a last minute strike gave Belgium a 2-1 win over the young Irish side, who had previously defeated Slovakia and Northern Ireland.

In December 2007, Fenlon was appointed manager of Bohemians following the departure of Sean Connor. During his first season in charge, Fenlon won the league and cup double. His second season at Dalymount Park saw the Gypsies retain their Premier Division crown.

I have no idea whether he'll be successful at ER, but that history suggests he has something to offer. I'm a lot happier with him than with your three candidates.

RiseAbove
24-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Do enlighten us as to the reasons why.

I did put a post on last night after being told about a personal issue that Fenlon has (allegedly) but it seems to have been taken off, so may i over stepped the mark. The contact i have who is very close to a Scottish Premier League team is stunned that Hibs are going for Fenlon.

Jones28
24-11-2011, 11:11 AM

I agree with this, it's ridiculous how quickly the support is to turn on the team. Yes it's been a frustrating few seasons but if fans are getting on the teams back from kick off then it is no way inspiring.

The support is there, but the team need more encouragement than venom and abuse, maybe then we'll see a change, especially if it's coupled with a new manager :flag:

HNA12
24-11-2011, 11:25 AM
I did put a post on last night after being told about a personal issue that Fenlon has (allegedly) but it seems to have been taken off, so may i over stepped the mark. The contact i have who is very close to a Scottish Premier League team is stunned that Hibs are going for Fenlon.

Your post was deleted because you made an unsubstantiated allegation of a personal nature. If you want to continue posting here I suggest you quit trying to throw dirt about with no substance to back it up.

chrisski33
24-11-2011, 12:01 PM
I did put a post on last night after being told about a personal issue that Fenlon has (allegedly) but it seems to have been taken off, so may i over stepped the mark. The contact i have who is very close to a Scottish Premier League team is stunned that Hibs are going for Fenlon. Could this be from a club that has sour grapes cos they couldnt afford the compensation? Persoannally reckon u dont have a contact in another spl club if so.prob the cleaner.

RiseAbove
24-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Your post was deleted because you made an unsubstantiated allegation of a personal nature. If you want to continue posting here I suggest you quit trying to throw dirt about with no substance to back it up.

You maybe have a point but time will tell and i have a feeling that Fenlon's appointment will end in tears, hope i'm wrong though.

The Sea-gull
24-11-2011, 12:38 PM
It doesn't take 5 minutes to look at wikipedia and find out about him. Perhaps if you had done that you wouldn't have made the assumption that he is a "rookie."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Fenlon

10 seasons as a manager which have resulted in 5 league titles and 3 cups at that level, it sounds to me like he is ready for a step up to another level. I suspect that some of the people against his appointment haven't taken the time to read up on him because it doesn't suit their negative mindset to read anything positive about the guy.

Compare that to FJK who has been mediocre at best at the majority of his clubs winning 1 cup, 2 first division titles and a challenge cup in his near 30 year managerial career?

I'm glad to see you're giving him a chance, but 1 year? The new manager, whoever he is, will need longer than a year to overhaul that club.

Fair enough maybe using the term rookie was a bit presumptious as it was based just on the fact he is 42.

To be honest, I'm not really interested in what he has done in Irish football. A good record in Irish football should not be a pre-cursor for getting the Hibernian job.

Speedway
24-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Fair enough maybe using the term rookie was a bit presumptious as it was based just on the fact he is 42.

To be honest, I'm not really interested in what he has done in Irish football. A good record in Irish football should not be a pre-cursor for getting the Hibernian job.

Maybe having no record at all should be a pre-cursor as it was with Tone and Joan.

The Sea-gull
24-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Maybe having no record at all should be a pre-cursor as it was with Tone and Joan.

Yip, had similar feelings when Mowbray got the job to the ones I have re Fenlon but if Fenlon works out ala Mowbray then will be happily proved wrong.

JC had no credentials whatsoever but think he had that element of "something about him". Like a lot fans, still have mixed feelings and opinions on JC.