PDA

View Full Version : Garry O'Connor fails to turn up for court hearing

YehButNoBut
23-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Looks like Gary has been a naughty boy again, from the Scotsman

http://www.scotsman.com/news/hibs_star_fails_to_turn_up_for_court_hearing_1_198 0796

SCOTLAND international Garry O’Connor failed to turn up to court today to answer alleged insurance fraud charges over a crash involving his £100,000 Ferrari.

The Hibs striker had been ordered to appear in person at Haddington Sheriff Court, but the case against him was continued for three weeks after O’Connor’s lawyers asked for a continuation.

SteveHFC
23-11-2011, 05:16 PM
What a **** Gaz is.

Nailrod
24-11-2011, 02:25 PM
The club has announced that Gaz will turn up in court as soon as is feasible, and although they are unable to give an exact date they are fully confident that this will happen in the very near future. They are working on a number of options to secure transport to the court for Gaz, and there is absolutely no cause for concern.

But not this week.

Gus Fring
24-11-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm no expert in these matters but did he need to be there if they were asking for a continuation?

Exiled Hibby
24-11-2011, 02:36 PM
I'm no expert in these matters but did he need to be there if they were asking for a continuation?

No. Not so long as his solicitor was confident/ sure it would be granted.

1950's hibbie
24-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Looks like Gary has been a naughty boy again, from the Scotsman

http://www.scotsman.com/news/hibs_star_fails_to_turn_up_for_court_hearing_1_198 0796

SCOTLAND international Garry O’Connor failed to turn up to court today to answer alleged insurance fraud charges over a crash involving his £100,000 Ferrari.

The Hibs striker had been ordered to appear in person at Haddington Sheriff Court, but the case against him was continued for three weeks after O’Connor’s lawyers asked for a continuation.

Is the ordered to appear in Court a fact, or just a reporters opinion. If a fact would that not be a failure to appear, and possible request for a Warrant ?

haggisbaws
24-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Am I alone in thinking that for an alleged fraud of circa £90k he is looking at a substantial custodial sentence ??

greenginger
24-11-2011, 02:43 PM

I'm pretty sure he did'nt have to be there but that would'nt have made a story worth printing.

Defence asks for extension, prosecution agrees , case continued, no need for Garry to appear.

Garry does not appear when required to ---- warrant for his arrest and in the slammer until new trial date.

Just crap , cheap journalism from a newspaper that's past its sell-by date.

--------
24-11-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm pretty sure he did'nt have to be there but that would'nt have made a story worth printing.

Defence asks for extension, prosecution agrees , case continued, no need for Garry to appear.

Garry does not appear when required to ---- warrant for his arrest and in the slammer until new trial date.

Just crap , cheap journalism from a newspaper that's past its sell-by date.

Exactly.

More to the point is the alleged £93,500 attempted fraud on the insurance company.

I'd say that the prospect of gaol time pressing on his mind might well be the reason for his loss of form lately...