PDA

View Full Version : NHC Scotland's World Cup Qualifying Fixtures

H18sry
23-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Sat 8th Sept - Scotland v Serbia
Tues 11th Sept - Scotland v Macedonia
Fri 12th Oct - Wales v Scotland
Tues 16th Oct - Belgium v Scotland
Fri 22nd Mar - Scotland v Wales (subject to police)
Tues 26th Mar - Serbia v Scotland
Fri 7th Jun - Croatia v Scotland
Fri 6th Sep - Scotland v Belgium
Tues 10th Sep - Macedonia v Scotland
Tues 15th Oct - Scotland v Croatia

:thumbsup::saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:sal tireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag

SteveHFC
23-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Happy with that

9pts is a must in the first 4 games

pacorosssco
23-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Friday night is dreadful especially for fans outside Glasgow. What is the reasoning for Friday games. Not impressed. Better to have home games on a Sat afternoon.

I Love Lamp
23-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Apparently Stewart Regan's main negotiating angle was to go for Saturday games - seems it didn't go well

Sammy7nil
23-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Friday night is dreadful especially for fans outside Glasgow. What is the reasoning for Friday games. Not impressed. Better to have home games on a Sat afternoon.

The reason for a move to Friday / Tuesday games is to allow players to return to their clubs earlier.

PatHead
23-11-2011, 04:03 PM

FIFA prefer qualifying ties on a Friday night (God knows why) hence the move to Fridays. Really doesn't takes supporters into account though.

Hopefully Strathclyde's finest will say that it is not suitable and ties will be moved to Saturdays.

Pretty Boy
23-11-2011, 04:32 PM
What's the odds on Scotland finishing bottom of that group? Got to be worth a scuba diver.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-11-2011, 04:39 PM
6th post until the piss taking of the national team starts, must be a record!

Dashing Bob S
23-11-2011, 04:42 PM
What's the odds on Scotland finishing bottom of that group? Got to be worth a scuba diver.

I'd be tempted to have a punt, with Levein as manager.

If there was a decent guy at the helm, it would be there for winning though.

Can see Belamy, Bale and Ramsey ripping as a new one in Cardiff.

Pretty Boy
23-11-2011, 04:44 PM
6th post until the piss taking of the national team starts, must be a record!

Wasn't taking the piss, its a tough group and was a serious question.

Wales are much improved, Macedonia is a difficult place to go, Serbia could weakened now in fairness, Belgium are no mugs and have a few quality players and the top seeds are that for a reason!

I genuinely think Scotland will struggle although I obviously hope they don't.

Mikey
23-11-2011, 05:51 PM
My first thought when I saw those fixtures was that we could qualify from that group.

It's great living life in la la land :greengrin

Sammy7nil
23-11-2011, 05:56 PM
I expect Scotland to have 15 points after 5 and the other teams to concede.

Sylar
23-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Decent schedule, with the home games falling at good times - 6 points from the off is an absolute must.

No excuses about "warming up periods" or "poor scheduling" this time around. We have some very promising young Scottish players right now, so failure to qualify will be blamed on 2 variables:

1) Levein's utterly blinkered and hopeless inability to pick players with consistent logic and performance based critera
2) 4-5-1 or god forbid, THAT formation again...

Dinkydoo
23-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Not the most difficult group we could have got.

Although with Potter at the helm any group will be a challenge to qualify from.

Haymaker
23-11-2011, 06:01 PM
We wont get a single point away against Belgium, Serbia or Croatia. We may get two points at home from Belgium and Serbia but that is a long shot.

We wont qualify. Not slagging the national team, I want to go to a tournie in my lifetime following Scotland but the group is too tough and we arent ready yet and we wont be with Levein in charge.

Dashing Bob S
23-11-2011, 07:28 PM
If we had a manager with a bit of passion and vision, who would select our best players and get them working as a team, then the group is winnable.

With Potter however, there is a very good chance we'll come last. Certainly, Belgium, Wales and Croatia all look better and I'd fancy Serbia and Macedonia to get something from us.

hibsbollah
23-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Belgium are a team on the up with some great players and will probably win the group. I'd be stunned if we finished out of the bottom two in that group.

SteveHFC
23-11-2011, 07:45 PM
The rest of the fixtures :aok:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_%E2%80%93_UEFA_G roup_A

Musselbound
23-11-2011, 07:57 PM
I think the timing of the fixtures is good. Probably gone with the thinking that anything in Croatia would be a bonus anyway so that's the reason for playing it end of season. Also, Croatia in last game at home might be in the hope the Croatians have already qualified and we need the points to get through. It's an incredibly open group. Scotland have a chance. Any of those teams could beat us on the day but no way will Scotland finish bottom. Points will be dropped all over the place and it might be down to the last 2-3 games before a clear picture emerges. Essential for me that Scotland get off to a flyer if they want to have a good chance.

Skanko79
24-11-2011, 02:55 PM
I think we will do well in that group. Every other team hardly set the heather alight in their groups for the euros. all beatable at hampden, lets hope we get the resluts we need away from home.