PDA

View Full Version : NHC CC to get Brum gig

H18sry
23-11-2011, 10:40 AM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hibernian/281714-colin-calderwood-poised-to-take-up-birmingham-role/ :wink:

Didn't take him long

YehButNoBut
23-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Does this mean he is off our payroll and we don't have to pay him compensation?? :thumbsup:

MrSmith
23-11-2011, 11:08 AM
This really bothers me! It all feels so construed!?

If he really was working his ticket then surely he was taking the piss out of us with the intent to lose his job and that in itself is gross misconduct?

1two
23-11-2011, 11:09 AM

If he really was working his ticket then surely he was taking the piss out of us with the intent to lose his job and that in itself is gross misconduct?

It bothers me more that our board refused the compo for him in the summer from birmingham.

Peevemor
23-11-2011, 11:33 AM
It bothers me more that our board refused the compo for him in the summer from birmingham.

They would have been accused of 'cashing in' at the first opportunity.

iwasthere1972
23-11-2011, 11:38 AM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hibernian/281714-colin-calderwood-poised-to-take-up-birmingham-role/ :wink:

Didn't take him long

I truly hope that Brum get humped in all their remaining games and get relegated. I will be looking out for their results and booing them and CC whenever I catch a glimpse of them on telly.

Crossroads fans know whit's gaun oan.

Andy74
23-11-2011, 11:38 AM
They would have been accused of 'cashing in' at the first opportunity.

They would have been congratulated for cashing in at the first opportunity.

Franck Stanton
23-11-2011, 11:39 AM
No surprise here really, just confirms my, and a lot of Hibs supporters that he was woking his ticket since the start of this season. Good riddence to him, hope he is a spectacular failure , as what goes around , comes around.

H18sry
23-11-2011, 11:41 AM

The compo only came from Forest and it was less than Hibs had paid Newcastle,but in hindsight ................................................. it's a wonderful thing :wink:

Dinkydoo
23-11-2011, 11:46 AM
No surprise here really, just confirms my, and a lot of Hibs supporters that he was woking his ticket since the start of this season. Good riddence to him, hope he is a spectacular failure , as what goes around , comes around.

:a bite:

Are comments like these actually based on anything concrete or are we just throwing allegations around again? :rolleyes:

marinello59
23-11-2011, 11:49 AM
The compo only came from Forest and it was less than Hibs had paid Newcastle,but in hindsight ................................................. it's a wonderful thing :wink:

And Rod was widely applauded on here by many, including some of his fiercest critics, when he released a statement telling them to beat it. Aye, hindsight is a wonderful thing. :greengrin

marinello59
23-11-2011, 11:50 AM

He wasn't working his ticket, he just wasn't up to the job.

Jim44
23-11-2011, 11:51 AM

Are comments like these actually based on anything concrete or are we just throwing allegations around again? :rolleyes:

Deadwood wasn't bright enough to actually create a situation where he was in control. He had to rely on sheer incompetence to get the right bag of sweeties.

MrSmith
23-11-2011, 11:53 AM

Well do share your wonderful experience of our ex-manager then! :sairhead:

SteveHFC
23-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Hope he struggles down there.:agree:

Dinkydoo
23-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Well do share your wonderful experience of our ex-manager then! :sairhead:

We initially spent a few months going backwards, then forwards, then back again :greengrin, and ultimately ended up 12 months after his appointment with a bunch of new players performing just as inconsistantly as we were when Hughes was in charge.

After being an initial supporter of the 'give him time' catchphrase I (like pretty much all of the people who were willing to back him more than BlackpoolHibs - sorry BH:wink:) eventually came to the conclusion that he had to go.

I am under absolutely no illusion that he was anything other than utterly incompetant however, there is no evidence at all to suggest that he was "working his ticket" other than he ended up being sacked and is now employed by a club that were after him previously; which to me does not seem all that strange.

marinello59
23-11-2011, 12:02 PM
We initially spent a few months going backwards, then forwards, then back again :greengrin, and ultimately ended up 12 months after his appointment with a bunch of new players performing just as inconsistantly as we were when Hughes was in charge.

After being an initial supporter of the 'give him time' catchphrase I (like pretty much all of the people who were willing to back him more than BlackpoolHibs - sorry BH:wink:) eventually came to the conclusion that he had to go.

I am under absolutely no illusion that he was anything other than utterly incompetant however, there is no evidence at all to suggest that he was "working his ticket" other than he ended up being sacked and is now employed by a club that were after him previously; which to me does not seem all that strange.

To be fair to Yogi, Calderwood actually had us putting in even worse performances. .
To be fair to Calderwood he did have us playing consistently. Consistently pish.

stu in nottingham
23-11-2011, 12:03 PM
'They'll be dancing in the streets of Nottingham tonight', (although he had less than no chance after idiot McClaren left town...)

allezsauzee
23-11-2011, 12:33 PM
I think we need to accept that we've been had and move on. Hopefully CC has the decency not to get @rsey about compo.

MrSmith
23-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Absolutely agree with you, I was in the same camp too! However, I used the word 'feel' and 'construed' whether it is or isn't the case?? It certainly feels like it to me or other words in my own opinion that is how it appears.

Saorsa
23-11-2011, 12:49 PM
They would have been accused of 'cashing in' at the first opportunity.Why? A lot of people wanted rid of him before that anyway. I would have paid for his taxi.

Peevemor
23-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Why? A lot of people wanted rid of him before that anyway. I would have paid for his taxi.

But there were also those, sick of changing managers every 5 minutes, who thought he should get more time.

EasterRoad4Ever
23-11-2011, 04:43 PM

Even the level of incompetence that CC demonstrated is tough to prove. IMHO CC orchestrated his way out of Easter Road through complete neglect of his duties, deliberately sabotaging the team's performance and showing a blatant disregard for his responsibilities to his employer, the club and the Hibs fans. He is a wage thief. :greengrin

Other than that, I'm really undecided on this issue.

Dinkydoo
23-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Absolutely agree with you, I was in the same camp too! However, I used the word 'feel' and 'construed' whether it is or isn't the case?? It certainly feels like it to me or other words in my own opinion that is how it appears.

That is fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion.

Kammy1875
23-11-2011, 05:02 PM
What a complete abortion of a guy.

IWasThere2016
24-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Confirmed here:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hibernian/282098-colin-calderwood-joins-birmingham-city/

Dr Jimmy
24-11-2011, 02:55 PM
****** plain and simple. Good riddance.

Elephant Stone
24-11-2011, 02:57 PM
He should spend his foreseeable future unemployed as a token of apology for his failings here. How dare he take a new job?

Speedway
24-11-2011, 03:01 PM
http://www.bcfc.com/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10412~2526541,00.html

Last sentence made me chuckle.

Baader
24-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Calderwood didn't intentionally work hard at being a s**t manager - it came naturally to him.

Couldn't care what he does - just glad he won't darken ER any more...

Gatecrasher
24-11-2011, 03:05 PM
How this Plonker managed to get another job in football after his time with us is beyond me.

PeterboroHibee
24-11-2011, 03:07 PM
I quite like both Birmingham and Hughton, but with CC there really hope they struggle. Cant get rid of the feeling that he intentionally screwed the club around, his record was appauling and his antics in the summer were pretty unforgivable, awful manager.

SteveHFC
24-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Hibs can **** off.

****ing ****ty little tin pot outfit. Just a (much) smaller, ****tier version of Celtic.

Tosspots.

http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,749814

:faf::faf:

Birmingham Fans can **** off. :bye:

Kammy1875
24-11-2011, 03:20 PM
He should spend his foreseeable future unemployed as a token of apology for his failings here. How dare he take a new job?

**** off, the phanny worked his ticket big time.

Worst manager in our history, at least Yogi and Le God had our best interests at heart.

Colin Calderwood will always be someone elses bitch in football from now, good riddance you ***king plumb.

Kammy1875
24-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Hibs can **** off.

****ing ****ty little tin pot outfit. Just a (much) smaller, ****tier version of Celtic.

Tosspots.

I feel sorry for David Murphy.

Bunch of complete ******s.

Kammy1875
24-11-2011, 03:24 PM
How this Plonker managed to get another job in football after his time with us is beyond me.

Because it's the job he wanted all along.

He wanted to be a number 2 because he takes it up the number 2 because as a manager his a number 2.

Elephant Stone
24-11-2011, 03:31 PM
**** off, the phanny worked his ticket big time.

Worst manager in our history, at least Yogi and Le God had our best interests at heart.

Colin Calderwood will always be someone elses bitch in football from now, good riddance you ***king plumb.

Deary me, chill out Kammywam :aok: He's gone now you can relax. I wanted CC to be gone as much as anyone, but if you think he actually tried to get sacked you are clearly mental.

Elephant Stone
24-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Because it's the job he wanted all along.

He wanted to be a number 2 because he takes it up the number 2 because as a manager his a number 2.

Where you been hiding all this time? :top marks

Dinkydoo
24-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Deary me, chill out Kammywam :aok: He's gone now you can relax. I wanted CC to be gone as much as anyone, but if you think he actually tried to get sacked you are clearly mental.

I think his posting history speaks for itself :greengrin

iwasthere1972
24-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Hibs can **** off.

Tosspots.

They appear to be quite ignorant and their board reminds me of kickback. I truly hope they plummet down that table faster than a Yams credit rating.

Tosspots.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-11-2011, 03:48 PM
This shows that Calderwood is back in the role that he does best at, and that is staying behind the scenes. What we really need to do now, is get over the fact that we were ever taken in by him, face up to the fact that we have been had, and get on with it. Bigger clubs than us have been turned over in similar circumstances. Nottingham Forrest immediately spring to mind.

rj hibs
24-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Wishing Calderwood to fail is quite pathetic. He wasn't exactly inspirational but I'm sure he wasn't the worst we've ever had.

blackpoolhibs
24-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Wishing Calderwood to fail is quite pathetic. He wasn't exactly inspirational but I'm sure he wasn't the worst we've ever had.

He is in my 40 odd years of watching us.

rj hibs
24-11-2011, 03:57 PM
He is in my 40 odd years of watching us.

9th is the worst you've seen at Hibs? You seem rather bitter. Would it not be better to concentrate on the new manager anyway?

blackpoolhibs
24-11-2011, 04:10 PM
9th is the worst you've seen at Hibs? You seem rather bitter. Would it not be better to concentrate on the new manager anyway?

I have seen us relegated, but his calendar year has been the worst in terms of football i have seen in my life.

Even when we have been bad before, there's been some kind of spark, a decent player, a light at the end of a long dark tunnel.

Calderclown had none of that, crap players crap team and crap football. Resulting in nearly 40% of fans who were at the games before he arrived, buggering off to do something else.

And what new manager? How can anyone concentrate on a new manager when we dont bloody have one?

Yes the worst, i'd rather have Bertie ****in Auld back than that prick.

Golden Bear
24-11-2011, 04:21 PM
I have seen us relegated, but his calendar year has been the worst in terms of football i have seen in my life.

Even when we have been bad before, there's been some kind of spark, a decent player, a light at the end of a long dark tunnel.

Calderclown had none of that, crap players crap team and crap football. Resulting in nearly 40% of fans who were at the games before he arrived, buggering off to do something else.

:agree:

Totally agree. Over the years I've seen some really crap Hibs teams but at least they appeared to be giving it their best shot albeit that was often very poor.

I honestly can't say the same about the team that CC built and unfortunately his legacy will linger on for some time yet.

Kammy1875
24-11-2011, 04:24 PM

I don't think he "wanted" to be sacked. I do think he's now in the position he wanted to be in.

Emerald
24-11-2011, 04:25 PM

Agree with all of this. :top marks

Kammy1875
24-11-2011, 04:27 PM

Totally agree. Over the years I've seen some really crap Hibs teams but at least they appeared to be giving it their best shot albeit that was often very poor.

I honestly can't say the same about the team that CC built and unfortunately his legacy will linger on for some time yet.

Calderwood couldn't gie a ****, that rubbed off on the players.

blackpoolhibs
24-11-2011, 04:28 PM
I don't think he "wanted" to be sacked. I do think he's now in the position he wanted to be in.

I'm still not convinced, he did very little to hang on to his job. He did not appear to be trying that hard to save it.

I agree he's were he wanted to be, he's happy now.

Emerald
24-11-2011, 04:33 PM

And what new manager? How can anyone concentrate on a new manager when we dont bloody have one?

Come to think of it, even Bertie Auld could string a better sentence together, that made sense. :smokin

Speedway
24-11-2011, 04:34 PM

What was the spark in 83-84, G?

Bostonhibby
24-11-2011, 05:16 PM
I truly hope that Brum get humped in all their remaining games and get relegated. I will be looking out for their results and booing them and CC whenever I catch a glimpse of them on telly.

Crossroads fans know whit's gaun oan.

:agree: Really never liked them and this gives me a better feeling about my previously irrational attitude...........taking note of where they are in the league now. All the very worst.

James Connolly
24-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Will be in attendance when Birmingham visit The Bluebirds next Sunday...I'll be sure to thank him for all his 'fantastic work' at Hibs, if I get the chance!!!

Imbicile of the highest order!!

Criswell
24-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Have to say it looks like Calderwood 1 Petrie 0

mca
24-11-2011, 06:33 PM

It does look like that - and if im right - Now that Cc is employed elsewhere - then hibs wont have to pay his wages anymore... p

or did we give him a lump-sum pay off ????

wazoo1875
24-11-2011, 06:41 PM
He's just been on talksport admitting that he should have done much better, that we are a fantastic club with a good set of players.
He also said he's been lucky to land the gig at brum and that all the loose ends are tied up with Hibs.
FWIW he spoke very highly of Hibs and of the infrastructure at the club.

Kammy1875
24-11-2011, 07:37 PM

Not really, we are the Hibs, we will appoint Pat who will ***** all over CC as a manager. Jokes on CC for wanting to be a biatch. :aok:

Kammy1875
24-11-2011, 07:39 PM
He's just been on talksport admitting that he should have done much better, that we are a fantastic club with a good set of players.
He also said he's been lucky to land the gig at brum and that all the loose ends are tied up with Hibs.
FWIW he spoke very highly of Hibs and of the infrastructure at the club.

Lucky? Aye, ok then, like it wasn't on the cards all the time.

TomTheHibbyBev
24-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Good riddence to him felt he was working his ticket out of Easter Rd :taxi

Newhaven
24-11-2011, 08:28 PM
Hope he struggles down there.:agree:

What a complete abortion of a guy.

100%

Well said Blackpool especially the bit in bold. The records may show it was Jim Duffy but Coco the Clown wins it for me. By far the worst manager in the glorious history of HFC

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but he should have been released/punted/drove down the M6 in the summer when he had no interest in the job and treated the fans like dirt with his press conferences and will he wont he panto routine whoring himself to Birmingham and to be back in the arms of Chris Houghton :rolleyes: I dont care if it cost us 300k his legacy may be much more than that.

Yes attendances are down all over the SPL but he drove away even more supporters with his style of football and baffling formations. His interviews were hardly inspiring to stay away hibby's to be part of 'the family' initiative that the board were driving..

To say that a draw against Dunfermline was acceptable was the final straw for many. His legacy will show a end of season in 2010-11 which was dreadful, a cup exit against the mighty Ayr and woeful derby performances.

Im sad that a few on here wanted to give him more time and turn things around, and now were to believe that he's lucky to get the Birmingham job :yawn: Complete bull. Shows how highly he thought of us..

You were a joke Colin. No if's or buts. I hope the people who recommended you for the job at our club are hanging their heads in disgust..

Billie Jo
24-11-2011, 08:43 PM

100%

Well said Blackpool especially the bit in bold. The records may show it was Jim Duffy but Coco the Clown wins it for me. By far the worst manager in the glorious history of HFC

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but he should have been released/punted/drove down the M6 in the summer when he had no interest in the job and treated the fans like dirt with his press conferences and will he wont he panto routine whoring himself to Birmingham and to be back in the arms of Chris Houghton :rolleyes: I dont care if it cost us 300k his legacy may be much more than that.

Yes attendances are down all over the SPL but he drove away even more supporters with his style of football and baffling formations. His interviews were hardly inspiring to stay away hibby's to be part of 'the family' initiative that the board were driving..

To say that a draw against Dunfermline was acceptable was the final straw for many. His legacy will show a end of season in 2010-11 which was dreadful, a cup exit against the mighty Ayr and woeful derby performances.

Im sad that a few on here wanted to give him more time and turn things around, and now were to believe that he's lucky to get the Birmingham job :yawn: Complete bull. Shows how highly he thought of us..

You were a joke Colin. No if's or buts. I hope the people who recommended you for the job at our club are hanging their heads in disgust..

:applause:

I Love Lamp
24-11-2011, 08:52 PM
I welcomed the appointment of CC at the time and feel so f*****g stupid for doing so that I'm never going to respond with anything other than cautious optimism ever again - probably shouldn't bother talking about football. So embarrassed for being so wrong.

EasterRoad4Ever
24-11-2011, 09:24 PM

I agree, Calderwood is the worst manager we have had at ER in the last 40 years. Duffy was dire and Sauzee was poor but at least both these guys gave a **** about the results and their jobs. They both at least showed some enthusiasm and deep regret when things didn't work for them. Calderwood's record may have been slightly better than these two, but for ability, approach, application, delivery, enthusiasm and down right couldn't-give-holy-**** attitude means that when the gongs are handed out in 2075 at the Hibernian FC bi-centenary awards ceremony, Colin (Sweetie Bags) Calderwood will rightfully be crowned the WORST HIBERNIAN MANAGER IN HISTORY. And Petrie and the current Board of Numpies - or their next of kin - can collect the award for employing the worst manager in HFC history. Well done to all concerned. In a parallel universe, I'm sure you're all bankers :greengrin

Nailrod
25-11-2011, 07:48 AM

And Rod was widely applauded on here by many, including some of his fiercest critics, when he released a statement telling them to beat it. Aye, hindsight is a wonderful thing. :greengrin

Were any of these "applauders" (aka:idiot:) not jambo lurkers?

The guy had just finished his season with one win in his last ten games, despite the fact that eight of these were against bottom six sides, and one point from the five post-split games, thereby setting the record for the worst ever performance by any bottom six side after the split - one that's likely to stand for a long time.