PDA

View Full Version : Tv cash

fatbloke
23-11-2011, 12:31 AM
Have heard a wee whisper that SPL have new proposals for splitting up prize money portion of TV cash. Effectively it will mean top 2 will get up to 75% of prize money on offer. If SPL clubs do not agree then OF will go it alone on TV deal without other 10 clubs.

My source is the same person who told me that The Mad One wants to walk away with £20M in his tail and that if BB gets job no way will JJ be his assistant.

Thoughts or corroboration anyone?

Viva_Palmeiras
23-11-2011, 12:37 AM
Logically seems tosh to have decided this after the deal is signed but then again since when did logic apply to Scottish footie?

ScottB
23-11-2011, 12:42 AM
They can't, as I thought 11 clubs have to vote through any change, so they could p*ss and moan all they want, they wouldn't be able to go off and do their own deal.

I suppose the split of the cash could be organised afterwards, as I doubt SKY care who gets what, but seems unlikely.

fatbloke
23-11-2011, 12:42 AM
Logically seems tosh to have decided this after the deal is signed but then again since when did logic apply to Scottish footie?

That was my first thought but seemingly the deal the signed is for the total cash. The devil as always seems to be in the small print as it were. Personally think it's tosh but my source is in the know about certain things e,g. if the Huns lost to HMRC the David Murray will pay £10 m of any liability/bill is another of his claims.:dunno:

Beefster
23-11-2011, 08:00 AM
I think that it's nonsense.

If there was even a modicum of truth to it, I think the other ten clubs would threaten to resign again.

marinello59
23-11-2011, 08:02 AM
Have heard a wee whisper that SPL have new proposals for splitting up prize money portion of TV cash. Effectively it will mean top 2 will get up to 75% of prize money on offer. If SPL clubs do not agree then OF will go it alone on TV deal without other 10 clubs.

My source is the same person who told me that The Mad One wants to walk away with £20M in his tail and that if BB gets job no way will JJ be his assistant.

The Old Firm have signed up to this deal as part of the SPL so that isn't a threat they could carry out.

Part/Time Supporter
23-11-2011, 08:19 AM
That was my first thought but seemingly the deal the signed is for the total cash. The devil as always seems to be in the small print as it were. Personally think it's tosh but my source is in the know about certain things e,g. if the Huns lost to HMRC the David Murray will pay £10 m of any liability/bill is another of his claims.:dunno:

That's also nonsense.

CentreLine
23-11-2011, 08:54 AM

No idea if this story os true or not but lets assume it is.

I remember some years ago that the English Rugby Union signed a very cosy deal with TV to broadcast their games home and away in the Five Nations Rugby (as it was then). The English very soon discovered discovered that they actually couldn't sell TV rights to their away games. They were told by the other four nations that they were welcome to televise themselves at Twickenham but the emphasis was on "themeselves" since they would have nobody to play. The other four nations then invited Italy to make up the "new" five and cut England loose. The English were very quick to come back cap in hand begging to be allowed back in to the big boys game. They had to eat a very large slice of humble pie and the internationals became The Six Nations and are still more or less an open event with each of the countries, yes including Scotland, capable of winning the competition.

It is time the "other ten" SPL clubs grew a set and stopped the OF robbing scottish football blind. It is a myth that Scottish football is unsellable without the OF. IMHO it is quite the reverse, the duopoly of the OF is killing (if not already has killed) Scottish football. It may not be too late but the time is now to see football played on a level playing field.

fatbloke
23-11-2011, 12:47 PM
That's also nonsense.

I agree just wish I had the imagination of so called "people in the know" in Scottish football. I suppose if you spout enough ******* eventually you will get something right or just about right:greengrin

Saorsa
23-11-2011, 01:33 PM

I remember some years ago that the English Rugby Union signed a very cosy deal with TV to broadcast their games home and away in the Five Nations Rugby (as it was then). The English very soon discovered discovered that they actually couldn't sell TV rights to their away games. They were told by the other four nations that they were welcome to televise themselves at Twickenham but the emphasis was on "themeselves" since they would have nobody to play. The other four nations then invited Italy to make up the "new" five and cut England loose. The English were very quick to come back cap in hand begging to be allowed back in to the big boys game. They had to eat a very large slice of humble pie and the internationals became The Six Nations and are still more or less an open event with each of the countries, yes including Scotland, capable of winning the competition.

It is time the "other ten" SPL clubs grew a set and stopped the OF robbing scottish football blind. It is a myth that Scottish football is unsellable without the OF. IMHO it is quite the reverse, the duopoly of the OF is killing (if not already has killed) Scottish football. It may not be too late but the time is now to see football played on a level playing field.:top marksbeen saying the same thing for a long time, time tae grow a pair and stop being a bunch of mealy mouthed bottle merchants.

ancient hibee
23-11-2011, 04:15 PM

It is time the "other ten" SPL clubs grew a set and stopped the OF robbing scottish football blind. It is a myth that Scottish football is unsellable without the OF. IMHO it is quite the reverse, the duopoly of the OF is killing (if not already has killed) Scottish football. It may not be too late but the time is now to see football played on a level playing field.

Let's assume it's not because it's rubbish.

It is also no myth.The only real demands the TV companies have is that there are 4 OF games per season.