PDA

View Full Version : Yams Hearts worth a minimum £50 million

Wembley67
22-11-2011, 10:44 AM
And Romanov has put £200 million into the ****....WTF?!?!?!

As we all know he is clearly mental but it has certainly cheered me up on an otherwise drab day.

http://en.ria.ru/sports/20111122/168934233.html

ScottB
22-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Where's this come from?

Wembley67
22-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Link now added.

Spike Mandela
22-11-2011, 10:55 AM
" The club with a project.....":hmmm: over to you CEC.

Surely nobody is fooled by this guff even the Hearts supporters trust....Vlad says it so it must be true..

Hibbyradge
22-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Andrew Driver is worth £10m alone, remember.

ScottB
22-11-2011, 10:56 AM
He could become even richer if he sold whatever the hell it is that he smokes.

MrSmith
22-11-2011, 10:56 AM

just spluttered my soup all over the screen! I can't get to the link cos I'm at work so would someone please copy paste the content. Would be much appreciated. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
22-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Peter Jones from the dragons den here, so tell me vlad. Just how do you come to this £50m value?

Peevemor
The land is worth £25m? I thought you weren't allowed to build anything on it. :wink:

marinello59
Looks like he is not going to be willing to accept a token payment for the 'project.' He wants a subtantial wedge of his dosh back and he ain't going to get that without selling the land the hovel sits on. :greengrin

soupy
22-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!

Kojock
22-11-2011, 11:00 AM
“A lot more has been spent, of course,” Romanov said, adding he had plowed 200 million into the club. “The land is worth 25 million pounds, plus the players, the club with a project, are also worth 25 million. That’s about 50 [million]. It’s not the money I spent, but now that’s what it’s worth.”

Its obvious the screwballs talking about Egyptian Pounds rather than GBP

50,000,000EGP = 5,328,886GBP

:lolyam:

thebakerboy
22-11-2011, 11:01 AM
A lot more has been spent, of course,” Romanov said, adding he had plowed 200 million into the club. “The land is worth 25 million pounds, plus the players, the club with a project, are also worth 25 million. That’s about 50 [million]. It’s not the money I spent, but now that’s what it’s worth.”Romanov, who made his fortune in manufacturing and banking, bought Hearts with the aim of blooding young talent from Lithuania and splitting the Old Firm dominance of Glasgow Rangers and Celtic. His net worth is reported to stand at 200 million pounds.The closest he came to achieving his ambition was in 2006, when Hearts finished runner-up to champions Celtic and Rangers came third.

Hope this helps but what a load of absolute tosh

hibee92
22-11-2011, 11:02 AM

Plus the £15 million for Templeton...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6604505,00.html

MrSmith
22-11-2011, 11:03 AM
A lot more has been spent, of course,” Romanov said, adding he had plowed 200 million into the club. “The land is worth 25 million pounds, plus the players, the club with a project, are also worth 25 million. That’s about 50 [million]. It’s not the money I spent, but now that’s what it’s worth.”Romanov, who made his fortune in manufacturing and banking, bought Hearts with the aim of blooding young talent from Lithuania and splitting the Old Firm dominance of Glasgow Rangers and Celtic. His net worth is reported to stand at 200 million pounds.The closest he came to achieving his ambition was in 2006, when Hearts finished runner-up to champions Celtic and Rangers came third.

Hope this helps but what a load of absolute tosh

Fabby Cheers :greengrin:thumbsup:

Spluttered soup again...

Saorsa
22-11-2011, 11:10 AM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies 2/rollfloorlaffsmiley.gifhttp://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies 2/lol.gif http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies 2/rollfloorlaffsmiley.gif

Iain G
22-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Fabby Cheers :greengrin:thumbsup:

Spluttered soup again...

Is he throwing in a free submarine, one carefull owner, honest! :greengrin

johnrebus
22-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Nonsense.

The Yams said it would only be £1.

:Romanov::not worth

frazeHFC
22-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Plus the £15 million for Templeton...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6604505,00.html

:hilarious

This thread is great! :faf:

iwasthere1972
22-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Does anyone have a copy of the Financial Times?

If so can you let me know what the price of asbestos is because it must have shot up overnight and I need to sell my shares fast.

Cheers. :aok:

southern hibby
22-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Don't they mean 50 million pound (Weight) and not 50 million pounds ( £ ). However they have got rid of NADE so there's 35 million (weight) wiped out straight away. GGTTH

Andy74
22-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Good. Once he doesn't get it the doors will be closed. He clearly wants some return and so oh he has to sell all the assets he will do it.

Franck is God
22-11-2011, 11:44 AM
That is brilliant! :applause:

Albion Hibs
22-11-2011, 11:45 AM
The land is worth in the region of £8-10m tops. Player wise he may get the odd 200/300k for the likes of Stevenson, and the two grunts that play at full back. Driver and Templeton may get six or seven figure fees, depending on contracts, but lets be honest advertising a fire sale is never going to deliver top dollar.

All the best Vlad me and the Mrs are looking to move in the next year, any chance you could come round and value my house / buy the thing?!

Jones28
22-11-2011, 11:46 AM
The article is also saying he has put the same amount as his own net worth into Hearts, at £200 million...

Jesus Christ, I know Petrie is tight fisted or whatever, but thank F*** he isn't clinically insane

matty_f
22-11-2011, 11:51 AM
That puts any thoughts of a well-meaning consortium buying them out to bed then.

Vlad's wanting the debt back, plus another £10m or so in his hip.

Nae chance!

iwasthere1972
22-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Vlad is obviously going by those figures http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/heart-of-midlothian-fc/startseite/verein_43.html and adding a wee bit on.

Mikey
22-11-2011, 11:54 AM
There was an article in The Times in April 2009 with a quote from a Hearts director saying that Vlad hadn't put any of his own money into the club. Unfortunately the link is dead now.

Can anyone find any reference to it?

Hibercelona
22-11-2011, 11:55 AM
£50,000,000? Is he mad!..... Its worth at least twice that.

When you take into consideration their Champions League super stars, their land in the most up market part of Scotland with a monument built there from genuine asbestos. Throw in a few million magic sticks, russian hats and bags of sweets for the kids then you're talking well beyond the £100,000,000 mark. Lets not forget their 400,000 fans that will each donate thousands by buying more pies and programmes at the games. :smokin

bawheid
22-11-2011, 12:00 PM
This really is a fine piece of news for those looking forward to the demise of HMFC.

He wants his cash back, and no matter how much snivelling the G8 or Fatty Foulkes do in the EEN about leaving them in a healthy state, he's going to get it.

Jack
22-11-2011, 12:00 PM
The land is worth £25m? I thought you weren't allowed to build anything on it. :wink:

TBF they’ve built a substantial debt there. :bye:

degenerated
22-11-2011, 12:08 PM
meanwhile, over on kickback this is another example of vlads sense of humour and nothing actually suggests the club is up for sale. he's just enjoying the attention.

Stevie Reid
22-11-2011, 12:09 PM
All we need now is a categorical statement that the Council will not offer any real help and things will be looking very good indeed.

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Funniest thing I've read this season, the word "deluded" must have been invented by them for them...

:wtf:

:hilarious

Seveno
22-11-2011, 12:20 PM
He clearly means 50m Litas or about 12.5mGBP. Tha's about the value of the land and he presumably will write off the debt.

Not a bad price actually. Sounds investment for all followers of hibs.net.

iwasthere1972
22-11-2011, 12:21 PM
TBF they’ve built a substantial debt there. :bye:

Don't forget the Champions League winning team.

johnrebus
22-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Ach, its no problem really, CEC will bale them out. Whats another £50m on to the £1bn tram fiasco?

Oh, and another £50m for the new, 'Community Stadium'.

Sorted.

:aok:

ScottB
22-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Ach, its no problem really, CEC will bale them out. Whats another £50m on to the £1bn tram fiasco?

Oh, and another £50m for the new, 'Community Stadium'.

Sorted.

:aok:

All they'd need to do to complete Vlad's masterplan is borrow it from Ukio Bankas at a healthy interest rate...

ScottB
22-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Actually, wait a minute here...

He says he wants £50million because the land and the players are worth £25million each...

So where's the debt in that?

Sounds like it will cost a buyer £90million to take over the club and wipe the slate clean!

Hibercelona
22-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Ok, I get it now. Thanks to a couple of my more intellegent yam chums, I now understand how they can be worth so much.

Apparently Vlad has spend around £50,000,000 on them in the last 4 seasons, so that means that they are now worth that much. The fact that the money was blown on over inflated wage bills is irrelevant, because by paying players ridiculously high wages, it makes them worth a lot more. :agree:

CraigHibee
22-11-2011, 12:48 PM
"Romanov said, adding he had plowed 200 million into the club. "

yeah.... sure you have :greengrin

jacomo
22-11-2011, 12:50 PM
If Vlad really had invested £200 million in Hearts (obviously, he hasn't), would this rank as the biggest waste of money in football history?

All that cash, and in return: one SPL runners-up spot, one SC, one CL qualifying tie.

Bleak days ahead in Yamland. I wonder when their manager will walk... he must surely be considering it.

iwasthere1972
22-11-2011, 01:02 PM
"Romanov said, adding he had plowed 200 million into the club. "

yeah.... sure you have :greengrin

:idea: Well he did buy a lightbulb.

grunt
22-11-2011, 02:06 PM
He wants his cash back, and no matter how much snivelling the G8 or Fatty Foulkes do in the EEN about leaving them in a healthy state, he's going to get it.Oh no he's not!

fatbloke
22-11-2011, 02:17 PM
And Romanov has put £200 million into the ****....WTF?!?!?!

As we all know he is clearly mental but it has certainly cheered me up on an otherwise drab day.

http://en.ria.ru/sports/20111122/168934233.html

Oh ma aching sides:faf:

Twa Cairpets
22-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Had an interesting chat with my brother after the game on Sat, and with him being something of a heid-bummer in the finance world it made sense and is very obvious.

If you were looking to buy a football club, then you'd buy Hibs, not Hearts. Full infrasructure in place, books balanced, similar potential fan base if succesful. The ability to make any investment work is vastly greater at Hibs than Hearts, who have from even the most objective point of view have vast debt, a need to demolish and rebuild a stand or move to a new stadium, no infrastrucure, no assets, no training facility. So anyone fancying having a shot a club owner wouldnt go near Hearts.

Hearts can only be saved in one of two ways. 1) Vlad has a complete change of mind, and wipes out his debt or starts ploughing cash back in. I dont see this being likely but its not impossible given his extreme bonkersness, or 2) Some as-yet-unidentified massively welathy Hearts minded saviour comes galloping over the hill.

The yams are goosed.

Not a shame.

BEEJ
22-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Actually, wait a minute here...

He says he wants £50million because the land and the players are worth £25million each...

So where's the debt in that?

Sounds like it will cost a buyer £90million to take over the club and wipe the slate clean!
I'm positive that a shrewd negotiator could beat him down to just £88m.

What a bargain that would be!

:faf:

alexedwards
22-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Had an interesting chat with my brother after the game on Sat, and with him being something of a heid-bummer in the finance world it made sense and is very obvious.

If you were looking to buy a football club, then you'd buy Hibs, not Hearts. Full infrasructure in place, books balanced, similar potential fan base if succesful. The ability to make any investment work is vastly greater at Hibs than Hearts, who have from even the most objective point of view have vast debt, a need to demolish and rebuild a stand or move to a new stadium, no infrastrucure, no assets, no training facility. So anyone fancying having a shot a club owner wouldnt go near Hearts.

Hearts can only be saved in one of two ways. 1) Vlad has a complete change of mind, and wipes out his debt or starts ploughing cash back in. I dont see this being likely but its not impossible given his extreme bonkersness, or 2) Some as-yet-unidentified massively welathy Hearts minded saviour comes galloping over the hill.

The yams are goosed.

Not a shame.

option 3 - vlad has to cut & run and sells it for next to nothing.

Twa Cairpets
22-11-2011, 03:34 PM

That the first option.

Even if he sells control of the business today and takes away all the debt for a nominal £1 say, then the club still has the problem of massive overhead, no cash, no assets, huge inward investment needed in a stadium and a wage bill that is unsustainable v income.

Goosed, I tell ya

bawheid
22-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Oh no he's not!

He'll give it a damn good go though... :wink:

Andy74
22-11-2011, 03:51 PM
I think they would actually have to pay someone roughly £40 million to take on the club as it is now so to be fair he's only about £90 million out in his calculations.

greenginger
22-11-2011, 03:51 PM
He can't just ditch the debt. At the moment its an asset on UBIG's Accounts which supports UBIG's borrowing from Ukio Bankas.

Removal of the debt would sink UBIG and in turn Ukio Bankas so I'd guess they will be stuck with each other for some time.

Also imagine some Company being hired to do Due Diligence on Hearts books :aok:

jacomo
22-11-2011, 03:55 PM

Option 4 -

As it becomes clear there are precisely zero willing buyers, Vlad kicks the club out of Tynecastle (withdrawal of the stadium's safety certificate would now suit him very well) and his bank sell the land for housing as part payment of the debt.

Thing is, the frothing Yams would probably reconcile themselves even to this... "aye it's fair enough, he did plough £200 milion intae the club".

strathy
22-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Report on this coming up on stv news shortly :D

TrinityHibs
22-11-2011, 05:04 PM
The land is worth in the region of £8-10m tops. Player wise he may get the odd 200/300k for the likes of Stevenson, and the two grunts that play at full back. Driver and Templeton may get six or seven figure fees, depending on contracts, but lets be honest advertising a fire sale is never going to deliver top dollar.

All the best Vlad me and the Mrs are looking to move in the next year, any chance you could come round and value my house / buy the thing?!

The Council have just bought the site at Fountainbridge for a school. They offered £14M for a site that is cleared, better located and about 3 times the size of slimy. If they got £5M they would be lucky. The PBS is also too small for a supermarket of any size so the only short term purchasers wouldn't be interested. As a long, long term investment it might be worh £3M

Budgies Gloves
22-11-2011, 05:05 PM
First ever post guys, so be gentle with me. it seeem that Mad Vlad is not as green as he is cabbage looking and wants to recoup all outstanding money. He wants £50M to cover the £36M debt and £14M as the value of land and other assets. He was reportedly worth £260M in 2005 and is now apparently worth £200M so claims of having spent 200M are clearly figments of his over elaborate imagination

Springbank
22-11-2011, 05:32 PM

The yams are goosed.

Not a shame.

I agree with every word - the only reason I highlight your quote (and the bit in bold) is to rake over the old ground of how laughable it is to hear Hearts fans talk of them being a Big Team versus Hibs being a Wee Team. They must use some pretty powerful microscopes in EH11.

Historically
4 league titles vs (ahem) 4 league titles

More recently
1 Cup win in last ten years vs (aheam) 1 Cup win in last ten years

Average attendance in recent years
c12,000 vs c11,500

And in the all-too-brief period of unbelievable football from Mogga and JC we had regular 14-17000 crowds, who would return as soon as you could say free flowing football.

So, in summary, I agree with your analysis, and I enjoy laughing at the Yam delusion!
:lolyam:

Winston Ingram
22-11-2011, 05:37 PM
IIRC HoMoFC were going to get £20m for the sale of Tynecastle in 2004 to turn them into flats.

In 2004, the housing market was pretty much at it's peak. People were selling houses for 'offers over' and usually and paying between 20-40% over the asking price as there were that many offers it was what people had to do get the property they wanted.

Now, the housing market is moving at roughly the same pace as Kevin Kyle wi a Piano on is back. 'Offers over' has been replaced with 'Offers around' and you are lucky to get 1 offer on a property and even then it is usually lower than what the seller wants.

When CALA agreed a price they knew that properties that close to the centre of Edinburgh would be highly desired and the likelihood would be that all the properties would have been sold before the flats had been built. New flats at that time were also going for a lot more than they were worth guaranteeing the likes of CALA a massive profit margin

Considering house prices have been pretty stagnant,there is actually no guarantee they will be able to sell them quickly or at all. Building material & labour costs will have greatly increased and a lack of demand to push up prices, the profit margins will have plummeted.

I'd think £6-8m would be a more realistic figure. Even then it will probably cost in excess of a £1m to level the place so that'd likely drive the price down even further and also they've still to re-apply for planning permission and pay solicitors as well:agree:

:brokenyam:
:titanic:

:flag:

Oscar T Grouch
22-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Need a finance person to help me out here, he's spend £200mil on the uglies? Whats their turnover? How much does this add up to since he took over? Does this mean the money laundering rumours are true? :wink::jamboclow

SquashedFrogg
22-11-2011, 05:56 PM
£50,000,000? Is he mad!..... Its worth at least twice that.

When you take into consideration their Champions League super stars, their land in the most up market part of Scotland with a monument built there from genuine asbestos. Throw in a few million magic sticks, russian hats and bags of sweets for the kids then you're talking well beyond the £100,000,000 mark. Lets not forget their 400,000 fans that will each donate thousands by buying more pies and programmes at the games. :smokin

Agree. Have you seen the latest price for genuine asbestos :agree:

They could be worth well in excess of £1/2 billion..

Then there's their training academy...

Bostonhibby
22-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Still, at least he's named his price so every one can now set about raising their capital then I imagine it will be a public auction of interested parties with Vlad choosing the one that will look after the best interests of the club - can't wait but it will take a long time to weigh up all the competing offers.

£50m for a debt that is likely to be somewhere south of £35m, a playing staff who may to some extent find themselves able to walk for nothing at some point in the future, a stadium that is a liability unless you can demolish and rebuild something on the site and maybe a points deduction..............:crazy: where do I sign up?

Jack
22-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Can anyone give a quick rundown of which and how much SPL clubs have changed hands for since this dafty sailed up the Forth and bought them?

Rangers £1

Completed stadium, Murray Park paid for, new owner taking on debt?

3pm
22-11-2011, 06:14 PM
I am away home to listen to Johnny Cash's '25 Minutes To Go'.

Zazu62
22-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Was speaking to a boy in work the day about hearts debt, he replied what debt?? Im confused now

YehButNoBut
22-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Watching Stourbridge v Plymouth on ESPN, commentator saying that Plymouth were £17 million in debt and players went 9 months, in some cases, without being paid, will take over 5 years to pay off debts.

Where does that leave Hearts. :greengrin

judas
22-11-2011, 06:38 PM

The land is not worth £25m. Even at peak - early 2007 - I was advised by an impeccable commercial banking source that the land was valued at under £15m.

Hearts are a financial basket case. The debt cannot be recovered - it is impossible. Unless Vlad writes it off.

BEEJ
22-11-2011, 06:42 PM
First ever post guys, so be gentle with me. it seeem that Mad Vlad is not as green as he is cabbage looking and wants to recoup all outstanding money. He wants £50M to cover the £36M debt and £14M as the value of land and other assets. He was reportedly worth £260M in 2005 and is now apparently worth £200M so claims of having spent 200M are clearly figments of his over elaborate imagination
Just because he's named his price doesn't make him a shrewd businessman.

A price tag like that is far more likely to put any potential buyers off. :greengrin

Hainan Hibs
22-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Peter Jones from the dragons den here, so tell me vlad. Just how do you come to this £50m value?

So Vlad, you're asking for £50m, can you tell me the turnover and annual profit of your business?

I'm out

http://www4.pictures.fp.zimbio.com/Duncan+Bannatyne+Leaving+Ivy+London+Ms_M-P7OhSnm.jpg

Franck Stanton
22-11-2011, 06:55 PM
£50 million ? Well , given the time of year and the fact Mad Vlad is using the cash to buy a theatre, I only have one thing to say _ { all together now }

" OH NO IT ISN'T "

oregonhibby
22-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Hearts are worth exactly what someone is willing to pay to take the debt off his hands. He will have to take a large bath. The ground is worth £10m for housing. The way he is going the squad will be able to walk for breach of contract. Leaving £25m to write off.

bighairyfaeleith
22-11-2011, 07:31 PM
how much did he buy the club for again?

Winston Ingram
22-11-2011, 07:45 PM
The land is not worth £25m. Even at peak - early 2007 - I was advised by an impeccable commercial banking source that the land was valued at under £15m.

Hearts are a financial basket case. The debt cannot be recovered - it is impossible. Unless Vlad writes it off.

Value must now be less than half the £20m they agreed in 2004. £6-8m I reckon:agree:

Kaiser1962
22-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Just because he's named his price doesn't make him a shrewd businessman.

A price tag like that is far more likely to put any potential buyers off. :greengrin

"Shrewd businessmen" tend not to lose umpteen millions of pounds and let their place of business fall apart. Fckuwits do though

iwasthere1972
22-11-2011, 08:11 PM
The Stadium and the Hearts squad aren't worth a bean but they've got to be worth at least £50 million based on the comedy provided over the past 6 or so years. Funnier than Morecambe and Wise and the Two Ronnies combined.

DCI Gene Hunt
22-11-2011, 08:31 PM
I heard this on BBC Reporting Scotland tonight when that bloke with the curly hair and unfunny jokes came on with the sports news. I am still pishing myself laughing at this and it has helped cheer me up somewhat from an utterly bad day.

Did someone misplace the decimal point? The way they are at the moment they aren't worth 5p never mind £50 Million. Or perhaps it was 50 million yen or something. 50? Million? Pounds sterling? Someone's having a giraffe.

A bemused and muchly humoured Gene

egb_hibs
22-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Ok, I get it now. Thanks to a couple of my more intellegent yam chums, I now understand how they can be worth so much.

Apparently Vlad has spend around £50,000,000 on them in the last 4 seasons, so that means that they are now worth that much. The fact that the money was blown on over inflated wage bills is irrelevant, because by paying players ridiculously high wages, it makes them worth a lot more. :agree:

Determining value by the cost of labour; Vlad must have learned something under the soviets. :greengrin

Jack
22-11-2011, 08:42 PM
The Stadium and the Hearts squad aren't worth a bean but they've got to be worth at least £50 million based on the comedy provided over the past 6 or so years. Funnier than Morecambe and Wise and the Two Ronnies combined.

Wash your mouth out with soap Mr 1972 :na na:

Springbank
22-11-2011, 08:45 PM
mind you, for £50m all you get is Fernando Torres.

Nade with a San Miguel chaser (the chaser caught him easily, of course)

Part/Time Supporter
22-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Can anyone give a quick rundown of which and how much SPL clubs have changed hands for since this dafty sailed up the Forth and bought them?

Rangers £1

John Boyle gave Motherwell to their supporters trust for nothing last summer.

Celtc still have an implied share value of ~£20 million.

Kammy1875
22-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Hertz aren't worth the ***** off ma shoe.

:agree:

Coco Bryce
22-11-2011, 09:33 PM
This thread has made my somewhat pants day much better. Ye cannae beat laughing at that lot.

NAE NOOKIE
22-11-2011, 10:01 PM
I had no idea that the price of stuff had gone up so much.

I now have a 2003 Mitsubishi Space star for sale, 35,000 on the clock and I only want £45,000 for it.

Anybody interested ?

Oh and I still owe £1,500 on it, so that would have to be £46,500 ... sorry about that.

Still a bargain though I think.

fatbloke
22-11-2011, 11:34 PM
Was speaking to a boy in work the day about hearts debt, he replied what debt?? Im confused now

Was his name Vladimir, Rodney, George or Leslie?

fatbloke
22-11-2011, 11:37 PM

But for a not very good trial Ronnie Corbett could have been the Yams answer to Peter Marinello or Crunchie so a bit of respect there:greengrin.

shambles
23-11-2011, 02:53 AM
I had no idea that the price of stuff had gone up so much.

I now have a 2003 Mitsubishi Space star for sale, 35,000 on the clock and I only want £45,000 for it.

Anybody interested ?

Oh and I still owe £1,500 on it, so that would have to be £46,500 ... sorry about that.

Still a bargain though I think.:thumbsup:

Mixu62
23-11-2011, 06:16 AM
So he wants to sell a gorgie comedy club for 50 million to restore a theatre? That's one helluva theatre! Wonder what yam-related productions we can look forward to. Babes in the Wood starring Thompson & Rix? Phantom of the opera starting Stevie Fulton? :greengrin

StevieC
23-11-2011, 07:56 AM
On a serious note though ...

by asking for £50m it's clear that he is wanting the debt cleared. This may be an indication that UKIO Bankas is struggling and needing a large cash injection, otherwise why not just rake in the annual interest on that size of debt. I suppose Vlad's worry would be the new owner defaulting on the outstanding debt, but that would mean repossession of Tynecastle.

If I buyer doesn't come in before the end of the season I can see a move to Murrayfield on the cards ...
while they wait for the council to sort out their community stadium. :rolleyes:

CentreLine
23-11-2011, 08:10 AM

Rangers £1

Perhaps the Herald sheds a little light

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/st-mirren/support-network-1.1136066

Mikey
23-11-2011, 08:10 AM
Stevie, what's the story with Newcastle just now? Are they still up for sale and if so what sort of figures are being mentioned?

MB62
23-11-2011, 08:26 AM

by asking for £50m it's clear that he is wanting the debt cleared. This may be an indication that UKIO Bankas is struggling and needing a large cash injection, otherwise why not just rake in the annual interest on that size of debt. I suppose Vlad's worry would be the new owner defaulting on the outstanding debt, but that would mean repossession of Tynecastle.

If I buyer doesn't come in before the end of the season I can see a move to Murrayfield on the cards ...

Ukio Bankas trading has dropped another 5.47% today and is curently down at 0.19 euros, from 0.28 at the start of last week. It has been a steady decline for a while now so something is far from right there.

Stevie Reid
23-11-2011, 08:52 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/doubts_grow_over_sale_prospects_as_hearts_valued_a t_50m_by_romanov_1_1979744

Romanov, who once paid to ensure he could watch Hearts matches live on Lithuanian TV when he was unable to come to Scotland for their games, went on to say he no longer even looked out for their results. “I don’t even travel and I don’t know when they last played, whether it was yesterday or Saturday,” he said. “And I don’t know how they played. It is the same for my other sports clubs. Every time they just ask for money, and every time I promise not to give more, then they promise to make it themselves.”

Mikey
23-11-2011, 08:54 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/doubts_grow_over_sale_prospects_as_hearts_valued_a t_50m_by_romanov_1_1979744

Oocha. That's a belter :greengrin

DC_Hibs
23-11-2011, 09:01 AM

He's not asking for £50m thats what he claims they are worth.

He could be willing take another haircut (**** must be almost bald by now) or he might say I want £50m plus £xm for the debt also.

DC_Hibs
23-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Ukio Bankas trading has dropped another 5.47% today and is curently down at 0.19 euros, from 0.28 at the start of last week. It has been a steady decline for a while now so something is far from right there.

It's not been 0.28 since August. Was c0.23 at the start of last week and a slippery slope since.

Good News regardless.

greenlex
23-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Their value must have dropped a bit in the last month or so. He wanted 60 Million then. FACT.:agree:

Hainan Hibs
23-11-2011, 09:12 AM

Romanov, who once paid to ensure he could watch Hearts matches live on Lithuanian TV when he was unable to come to Scotland for their games, went on to say he no longer even looked out for their results. “I don’t even travel and I don’t know when they last played, whether it was yesterday or Saturday,” he said. “And I don’t know how they played. It is the same for my other sports clubs. Every time they just ask for money, and every time I promise not to give more, then they promise to make it themselves.”

OOOOoooooooooooooooooooooffffffffffffffffffffttttt t.

That's a boot to the gorgay gonads if there ever was one

PatHead
23-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Reading the other thread about the sale of PSG got me thinking so I had a wee browse on the t'internet. According to Wikipedia (Know information can't be taken for gospel) 50 m Euro was paid for a 70% stake which by my calculations values them at around £61m.

Now let me think, should I buy a club from the Scottish capital who can't get anywhere near their league championship or invest in the only major club in the French capital with all its global brand opportunities for possibly the same money and an average gate of over 25,000 and a higher TV deal in France?

E10 Rifle
23-11-2011, 10:23 AM
I would rather invest in Greek Government Bonds at the minute - more chance of making a return on my investment

HFC07
23-11-2011, 11:31 AM

It may well be worth £25m, but they still need to pay to move somewhere

Twa Cairpets
23-11-2011, 11:37 AM

There's some welt in the comments section (apparently genuinely) trying to claim that

...he is sucesfulling (sic) yanking the press's chain & getting the supporters of the Scotsmans anti vlad articles... all excited.

I dont read the comments much but had a wander through today. Extreme delusion - this guy should be removed from the vicinity of electrical implements and sharp objects - obviously not right in the heid.

StevieC
23-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Stevie, what's the story with Newcastle just now? Are they still up for sale and if so what sort of figures are being mentioned?

I dont think they are actively being promoted as being for sale at the moment, and less so given their current position, but I think Ashley might listen to serious offers. They were up for grabs the season that they ended up relegated, but relegation put an end to any interest. Since then, to be fair to Ashley, there was an initial cull of high earners and a more workable business plan put into place. NUFC are probably now a more attractive buy, but the animosity with the supporters has died down and he's probably quite enjoying things at the moment.

By "serious" offers I'm thinking 9 figures.

fatbloke
23-11-2011, 11:43 AM

-6.97% as of 2 minutes ago:eek:

bingo70
23-11-2011, 11:47 AM
-6.97% as of 2 minutes ago:eek:I've no idea how these things work but does that not mean they're effectively bust?What's the knock on effect to hearts likely to be?

DCI Gene Hunt
23-11-2011, 12:00 PM
OK now that we've all stopped pishing ourselves laughing at this let's look at this seriously. If such a thing is possible when we are talking about Hearts.

Radge says "Fertz worth £50 Million". Radge reckons club, players etc. is worth £25M. Speculative but let's take that number. Given that the club are ~£30M in debt, it makes Hearts more or less worthless for any buyer unless they had some sort of stupendously good business plan or if said owner were oil barons who decided to wipe out said debt in a bizzare act of gratuity - very unlikely, nay impossible.

Absbestos Bus Shelter. Property/land apparently worth £25M. Very highly speculative given that recent estimates are £15M, even that very dependant on planning permission etc. Would they even get that? Doubtful.

Factor in the cost of purchasing new land for new stadium, construction of new stadium, or rent if they went to Murrayfield, whichever way you look at it it is a very expensive and lossy project. Very difficult without incurring further substantial debt.

They might fish for a bailout from Edinburgh Council (Re: "Community Stadium" :rolleyes:) which would be their only way out, even taking into account the number of Yams on the council and the incredible bungling incompetance of said organisation, it can't and won't happen.

Whichever way we look at it, it is impossible to avoid the obvious conclusion that Hearts are stuffed.

Gene

grunt
23-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Ukio Bankas trading has dropped another 5.47% today and is curently down at 0.19 euros, from 0.28 at the start of last week. It has been a steady decline for a while now so something is far from right there.But it's not Ukio Bankas that owns Hearts? It's UBIG. UBIG hold their debt as well.

allezsauzee
23-11-2011, 12:27 PM
I don't think he's that daft. He knows he aint getting £50m for Hearts, but the more you ask for the more you get.
If a buyer comes in and 'negotiates' down to £1 with Vlad keeping the stadium and with part of the debt wiped, then the buyer may feel he's got a decent deal. If Vlad asked for exactly what were worth which is nothing, then that's what he'd get.

PatHead
23-11-2011, 12:39 PM
I don't think he's that daft. He knows he aint getting £50m for Hearts, but the more you ask for the more you get.
If a buyer comes in and 'negotiates' down to £1 with Vlad keeping the stadium and with part of the debt wiped, then the buyer may feel he's got a decent deal. If Vlad asked for exactly what were worth which is nothing, then that's what he'd get.

Think you are overvaluing them

Barney McGrew
23-11-2011, 12:45 PM
How on earth is anyone going to come in with a business plan that allows them to service their existing debt, even if it is reduced?

SPL clubs are losing money hand over fist, and the only way anyone outside the infirm makes any profit is by selling players. Hertz won't have anyone to sell.

Unless they find someone who's willing to throw away a mutli million pound sum in the knowledge he'll never, ever see it again then they're screwed.

DCI Gene Hunt
23-11-2011, 02:54 PM
How on earth is anyone going to come in with a business plan that allows them to service their existing debt, even if it is reduced?

SPL clubs are losing money hand over fist, and the only way anyone outside the infirm makes any profit is by selling players. Hertz won't have anyone to sell.

Unless they find someone who's willing to throw away a mutli million pound sum in the knowledge he'll never, ever see it again then they're screwed.

Exactly. Any investment in the SPL at the moment is very difficult to get any return on, and anyone looking at buying/putting money into Hearts would be as well flinging however many million they fancy down the khazi. No return on investment whatsoever.

The Tynietanic is listing heavily, the iceberg's done the damage and Vlad is bailing before it sinks, which won't take very long.

johnrebus
23-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Exactly. Any investment in the SPL at the moment is very difficult to get any return on, and anyone looking at buying/putting money into Hearts would be as well flinging however many million they fancy down the khazi. No return on investment whatsoever.

The Tynietanic is listing heavily, the iceberg's done the damage and Vlad is bailing before it sinks, which won't take very long.

No, no, no.

All will be well.

The Scotsman has just announced that any club
wanting to get loan of any player, eg. Driver, they will have to pay a fee.

Vlad is one Sharp cookie!

PatHead
23-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Notice the Portsmouth owner, who is also a Lithuanian Banker, has had a europe wide warrant for his arrest issued due to financial irregularities at his bank. Wonder if certain other Lithuanian bankers are worried.

BBC article below

A Europe-wide arrest warrant has been issued for the owner of Portsmouth Football Club Vladimir Antonov.
Lithuanian prosecutors want to question him as part of an investigation into alleged asset stripping at Snoras Bank.
They are also seeking his business partner Raimondas Baranauskas. Both are former managers and shareholders of the bank and deny any wrongdoing.
Portsmouth FC said its business operations were unaffected and its day-to-day operations "carry on as normal".
'Recognised as suspects' Snoras Bank went into temporary administration last week and, on Tuesday, Latvian authorities suspended the operations of another of Antonov's banks, Krajbanka, for similar reasons.
A court in Lithuania granted the request by the Prosecutor General's Office on Tuesday and a pre-trial investigation into alleged fraud and money laundering has begun.
Portsmouth said on Friday it was unaffected by the situation at Snoras Bank.
In a statement, the prosecutors said: "Both former managers of the bank Snoras have been recognised as suspects with regard to misappropriation of property on a large scale and forgery of documents.
"R. Baranauskas is also suspected of fraudulent accounting and abuse of authority.
"Prosecutor General Mr D Valys signed European arrest warrants issued against these persons."
Mr Baranauskas also held the posts of the chairman of the bank board and president.

DCI Gene Hunt
23-11-2011, 04:13 PM
No, no, no.

All will be well.

The Scotsman has just announced that any club
wanting to get loan of any player, eg. Driver, they will have to pay a fee.

Vlad is one Sharp cookie!

Tee hee hee. Of course he and the Yam believers must be right chuffed that selling their soul to the devil and bankrupting themselves with debt was all totally worth it considering the cabinet-bursting number of trophies they have achieved during Radge's time at the helm, including several Champions Leagues, all Scottish league titles and cups... wow! What a high-achieving Big club. :tee hee:

Gene

nortonhibby
23-11-2011, 06:53 PM
What would happen if the mad one had an attack and kicked the bucket ? :cb

judas
23-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Value must now be less than half the £20m they agreed in 2004. £6-8m I reckon:agree:

I would agree, I think they could, in theory, get up to 10m max.

Springbank
23-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Tee hee hee. Of course he and the Yam believers must be right chuffed that selling their soul to the devil and bankrupting themselves with debt was all totally worth it considering the cabinet-bursting number of trophies they have achieved during Radge's time at the helm, including several Champions Leagues, all Scottish league titles and cups... wow! What a high-achieving Big club. :tee hee:Gene well,we laugh,but it is an achievement to be the last trophy winners in the city. Oh wait...