PDA

View Full Version : Derby Day Banner/ Flag

mickki40
22-11-2011, 09:51 AM

Any ideas for a Derby day Banner please. You don't have to be a designer. Ideas please. Sensible ones. S43 Guys are going into the Art rooms again to make more stuff. If we can get enough interest and people can donate then we can make the banner. Here is my example. Personally I reckon this one needs to be in the FF and dispalyed right in front and up a bit just behind the goals. I think from a distance the Hearts may appreciate it. We need Ideas quickly as any design will have to be put before the club, so no offensive slogans please. They will be binned.

Judas Iscariot
22-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Get yer cash oot

vercol36
22-11-2011, 09:53 AM

Any ideas for a Derby day Banner please. You don't have to be a designer. Ideas please. Sensible ones. S43 Guys are going into the Art rooms again to make more stuff. If we can get enough interest and people can donate then we can make the banner. Here is my example. Personally I reckon this one needs to be in the FF and dispalyed right in front and up a bit just behind the goals. I think from a distance the Hearts may appreciate it. We need Ideas quickly as any design will have to be put before the club, so no offensive slogans please. They will be binned.

:aok:

PaulSmith
22-11-2011, 10:31 AM
My advice, just dinnae. It'll come back and bite you on the erse.

Use the efforts to support Hibs and not ridicule the afflicted.

California-Hibs
22-11-2011, 11:52 AM

That one is superb! :agree: A Romanov flag is a must, we should of made one a long time ago, they've actually got off lightly with the amount of slagging we should be giving them. I'm all for this flag! :thumbsup:

mickki40
22-11-2011, 12:04 PM

Efforts to support Hibs.mmmmmmm.Raise cash from other Hibees to secure flag storage lockers for the east stand. Raise funds alongside others to buy 100 waving flags. 100 Waving flags in my house taped to canes for opening game of the season... New flag in production by Barmy flags with money raised by me and others purely in Section 43 singing section. Biggest Banner "FORZA SECT43 with logo made in Last 3 weeks. Sect 43 Ultras flag made And I helped too. " Football is our Religion" Banner made , Last Friday in Response to Paul Mc Brides efforts to slur HFC Supporters, Guess where I was when that banner was being made. I think my efforts to support Hibs along with other folks who are willing to give time and effort to make banners etc does not ridicule HOMFC. Vlad does that job all by himself, better than any Hibs fan I know.

GGTTH

allezsauzee
22-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Tombstone with RIP Hearts?

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Efforts to support Hibs.mmmmmmm.Raise cash from other Hibees to secure flag storage lockers for the east stand. Raise funds alongside others to buy 100 waving flags. 100 Waving flags in my house taped to canes for opening game of the season... New flag in production by Barmy flags with money raised by me and others purely in Section 43 singing section. Biggest Banner "FORZA SECT43 with logo made in Last 3 weeks. Sect 43 Ultras flag made And I helped too. " Football is our Religion" Banner made , Last Friday in Response to Paul Mc Brides efforts to slur HFC Supporters, Guess where I was when that banner was being made. I think my efforts to support Hibs along with other folks who are willing to give time and effort to make banners etc does not ridicule HOMFC. Vlad does that job all by himself, better than any Hibs fan I know.GGTTH You are beginning to take this all quite personally are you not?

PaulSmith
22-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Efforts to support Hibs.mmmmmmm.Raise cash from other Hibees to secure flag storage lockers for the east stand. Raise funds alongside others to buy 100 waving flags. 100 Waving flags in my house taped to canes for opening game of the season... New flag in production by Barmy flags with money raised by me and others purely in Section 43 singing section. Biggest Banner "FORZA SECT43 with logo made in Last 3 weeks. Sect 43 Ultras flag made And I helped too. " Football is our Religion" Banner made , Last Friday in Response to Paul Mc Brides efforts to slur HFC Supporters, Guess where I was when that banner was being made. I think my efforts to support Hibs along with other folks who are willing to give time and effort to make banners etc does not ridicule HOMFC. Vlad does that job all by himself, better than any Hibs fan I know.

GGTTH

Yip, fantastic effort on all counts and superb.

In this instance though I thought, wrongly obviously, that you were making something that would rip the erse out of them. My warning was that this has the tendency to come back and haunt you as derbies normally do and to concentrate efforts in pro Hibs and not anti Hearts.

That's all.

mickki40
22-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Yip, fantastic effort on all counts and superb.

In this instance though I thought, wrongly obviously, that you were making something that would rip the erse out of them. My warning was that this has the tendency to come back and haunt you as derbies normally do and to concentrate efforts in pro Hibs and not anti Hearts.

That's all.

Maybe ideas for a pro hibs banner then. I only started a suggestion. It can be your suggestion that gets made. I never said make it anti hearts. I personally would make the one I suggested. However I am sure there are far more better ideas out there.GGTTH

mickki40
22-11-2011, 01:29 PM
You are beginning to take this all quite personally are you not?

NOPE. Just stating a few facts in response to another guy. I have also responded to him as well in a posotive way.

California-Hibs
22-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Maybe ideas for a pro hibs banner then. I only started a suggestion. It can be your suggestion that gets made. I never said make it anti hearts. I personally would make the one I suggested. However I am sure there are far more better ideas out there.GGTTH

:agree: C'mon mate, get that made, you know it makes sence! :flag:

Jack
22-11-2011, 02:48 PM
£200,000,000 :faf:

WarringtonHibee
22-11-2011, 07:18 PM
£200,000,000 :faf:

THIS. :top marks

Or one of those giant Vladnotes I designed years ago, but that would have to be screen-printed and cost a fortune. :/

Franck Stanton
22-11-2011, 07:22 PM
How about a big paypacket with some notes sticking out the top.

Sunny1875
22-11-2011, 08:15 PM
A £50M Cheque

Jonnyboy
22-11-2011, 08:17 PM
A giant IOU wage packet?

Jack
22-11-2011, 08:45 PM
A £50M Cheque

A UKIO £50M Cheque :agree:

"Pay ourselves the sum of £50M to get our Club back .... please"

We owe it to ourselves :greengrin

mickki40
23-11-2011, 01:19 AM
A £50M Cheque

likey likey

mickki40
23-11-2011, 01:21 AM
A UKIO £50M Cheque :agree:

"Pay ourselves the sum of £50M to get our Club back .... please"

We owe it to ourselves :greengrin

Likey Likey

must rip off a UKIO logo and try that

Harpandcastle
23-11-2011, 04:06 AM
A large save the children logo, in green rather than red obviously.

mickki40
23-11-2011, 01:10 PM

I like it, but not appropriate though. Funny

Dashing Bob S
23-11-2011, 01:56 PM

Excellent.

Beefster
23-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Keep it simple - "Get it roond ye, ya ****ing Yam welts".

Elephant Stone
23-11-2011, 01:59 PM

I'd rather not see that. Taking the moral high ground while making banners about it to mock your rivals doesn't really work.

Jones28
23-11-2011, 02:11 PM

On one level I agree, it would be so typical of Hearts to Weasel their way out of the massive burrow of *****e they're in.

On the other...DAE IT :greengrin

How about one of the Vladnotes that were printed off a while back? Plus the "In Vlad We Trust"

Jones28
23-11-2011, 02:13 PM
THIS. :top marks

Or one of those giant Vladnotes I designed years ago, but that would have to be screen-printed and cost a fortune. :/

They were magic ma man! :not worth

LeithBoozy
23-11-2011, 02:33 PM
How about a picture of the castle, with the words, Hibs own the capital.above it. And sunny Leith below it..

RIP
23-11-2011, 05:04 PM
How about a picture of the castle, with the words, Hibs own the capital.above it. And sunny Leith below it..

That's a cracker :top marks

Anything pro Hibs that ignores them floats my boat

I don't give a flying one about them - we need to rise above

To continually harp on about them just shows us up to have a wee team mentality IMO

Harpandcastle
23-11-2011, 06:04 PM
I'd rather not see that. Taking the moral high ground while making banners about it to mock your rivals doesn't really work.

It's not taking the moral high ground, it's showing support for an organisation who help protect children from various dangers in life including perverts.

Elephant Stone
23-11-2011, 06:08 PM
It's not taking the moral high ground, it's showing support for an organisation who help protect children from various dangers in life including perverts.

I'm sure they'd be delighted to see the banner, great idea.

1two
23-11-2011, 06:24 PM
A giant IOU wage packet?

Like this idea

Harpandcastle
24-11-2011, 01:25 AM
I'm sure they'd be delighted to see the banner, great idea.

Glad to see you coming round to the idea, Many charities are now linking to football clubs for exposure and raising awareness, I would like to see Hibs joining Fiorentina in sporting the save the children logo on our shirts, until then a large banner in the stadium would be a fantastic gesture.

marinello59
24-11-2011, 06:31 AM
Glad to see you coming round to the idea, Many charities are now linking to football clubs for exposure and raising awareness, I would like to see Hibs joining Fiorentina in sporting the save the children logo on our shirts, until then a large banner in the stadium would be a fantastic gesture.

Not a banner specifically for Derby Day then? Thank goodness for that, I thought you were suggesting exploiting the suffering of kids just to wind opposition fans up. That would be even more devoid of class than their attempts over the past few years to use the Macrae's battalion stuff to claim some sort of special moral status.

Mixu62
24-11-2011, 07:08 AM
Either: Vlad on the left with Victor Meldrew on the right and the caption "I don't BeLIEve it!"

Or simply "We told you so!"

TrickyNicky
24-11-2011, 07:24 AM
What if every Hibs fan waved a fiver above their head and sung " We're so rich it's unbelieveable "

mickki40
24-11-2011, 08:21 AM
What if every Hibs fan waved a fiver above their head and sung " We're so rich it's unbelieveable "

I am liking this one matey. If Warrington is reading this post... can you get a copy of the Vlad notes on all Hibs social Media sites asking fans to photocopy etc and Bring them to the game and give to Fans. Printed on the back is " As sunshine on leith finishes hold the vlad note in the air and chant " We're so rich it's unbelieveable ". It's a great Idea

Hibbywolf
24-11-2011, 09:24 AM

we done this a good few years back about the time of smg and the missing 8mil.The chant sarted in the Iona and fans caught on to it quickly by the time we were in the "asbestos arena" the whole of the Hibs support were waving notes above their heads singing "where`s yer money gone". even got a mention in the "evening news" superb.

TrickyNicky
24-11-2011, 09:31 AM
What about " " You'll only sing when your busking "!

Harpandcastle
24-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Not a banner specifically for Derby Day then? Thank goodness for that, I thought you were suggesting exploiting the suffering of kids just to wind opposition fans up. That would be even more devoid of class than their attempts over the past few years to use the Macrae's battalion stuff to claim some sort of special moral status.

Its not a wind up its a fact, hearts have a history of association with sex offenders. Being critical of this is hardly taking the moral high ground. If they had a history of racism and we displayed anti racism banners would you have a problem with that?