PDA

View Full Version : Bands/Singers You Hated But Pretended To Like To Impress A Potential/Actual Suitor

Dashing Bob S
21-11-2011, 06:43 PM
...you can tell Uncle Bobby. He won't breathe a word.

Let's have some fun on this thread...

hibsbollah
21-11-2011, 08:01 PM
simply red during their 'stars' period. I hated the ginger twat and his sentimental warbling but was desperate to get jiggy wid it with this buxom oirish lass in the early nineties who went all weak at the knees at his tuneless offerings. We had a whirlwind romance, she taught me a ting or two and then she dumped me. Well worth it.

Sylar
21-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Red Hot Chili Peppers - absolutely loathe them but took my now-fiance along to see them for one of our first dates - I was subsequently dragged along to see them for a second time before confessing just quite how strongly I felt about them.

Delighted the question wasn't asked for their recent announcement of another UK tour...

steakbake
22-11-2011, 12:30 PM
simply red during their 'stars' period. I hated the ginger twat and his sentimental warbling but was desperate to get jiggy wid it with this buxom oirish lass in the early nineties who went all weak at the knees at his tuneless offerings. We had a whirlwind romance, she taught me a ting or two and then she dumped me. Well worth it.

She was in her early 90s? No wonder she went weak at the knees...

TheEastTerrace
22-11-2011, 12:58 PM
She was in her early 90s? No wonder she went weak at the knees...

:greengrin

I once feigned interest in the Lightening Seeds and discussing the merits of 'Jollification' with some lass whilst trying to further my chances of a barry sookie. Alas, to no avail

hibsbollah
22-11-2011, 02:12 PM
She was in her early 90s? No wonder she went weak at the knees... Theres no substitute for experience :greengrin

Lofarl
22-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Not any bands but back in 2002 when I was in college I was trying to charm this Spanish girl who was well out of my league. Sadly she was one of these political ones who jump at any chance to protest against anything. But I was able to look past those fault to her 34d chest and her surprising interest in me.

So I spent many a afternoon half heartedly protesting things like make poverty history and the war in Iraq. In all honestly I had no real interest in any of these causes nor have I ever really felt the need to walk around with a biting hangover listening to wispy student bang drums and blow whistles and screech into megaphones.

But overall it was a great success, yes poverty is still not history and there was a great big war in Iraq. But like George W Bush proudly stated. Mission accomplished.

lyonhibs
22-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Not any bands but back in 2002 when I was in college I was trying to charm this Spanish girl who was well out of my league. Sadly she was one of these political ones who jump at any chance to protest against anything. But I was able to look past those fault to her 34d chest and her surprising interest in me.

So I spent many a afternoon half heartedly protesting things like make poverty history and the war in Iraq. In all honestly I had no real interest in any of these causes nor have I ever really felt the need to walk around with a biting hangover listening to wispy student bang drums and blow whistles and screech into megaphones.

But overall it was a great success, yes poverty is still not history and there was a great big war in Iraq. But like George W Bush proudly stated. Mission accomplished.

:thumbsup:Dear Diary................

I currently have to grin and bear all manner of "Ye Olde Highland" Scottish fiddle music, which is great when there's a full band at a ceildh, but when it is just the fiddle with some gaelic warbling (which she understands next too hee-haw of in any case) it's a test of one's fortitude to keep schtum.

Worth the effort mind.

Skanko79
23-11-2011, 05:35 AM
I was once into this chick who was into her hard house. Chased her for a few months which meant a few trips to the club nuclear puppy which was complete torture, seen the light eventually and gave up.

Cropley10
23-11-2011, 06:56 AM
G

GlesgaeHibby
23-11-2011, 08:05 AM
I'm lucky enough to have been in relationships where I've not had to endure somebody elses music taste. Music is a real passion of mine and I'm very opinionated on what I like and what I don't, and why I don't like it. The Mrs has to endure my taste including prog rock, jazz and opera.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-11-2011, 08:06 AM
G What does this mean?

heretoday
23-11-2011, 08:13 AM
Donna Summer and Billy Ocean in the late 70s. Reader, I married her.

hibsbollah
23-11-2011, 08:35 AM
What does this mean? Kenny G?

The_Exile
23-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Boyzone, massive chebs on the lassie though, don't really want to talk about it, next.

Hiber-nation
23-11-2011, 06:57 PM
BA Robertson....:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Cicero - the last time I saw her she was hanging an anti vlad banner out her food cupboard window!

Dashing Bob S
25-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Cicero - the last time I saw here she was hanging an anti vlad banner out her food cupboard window!

:top marks A narrow escape.