PDA

View Full Version : Should we have a fire sale too

happiehibbie
21-11-2011, 11:26 AM
After watching the first half on Saturday I saw 5 players i would let go right now by mutual consent

Micheal Hart
Danny Gailbraith
Lewis Stevenson
Ivan Sproule
O Hanlon (the new colin Murdock)

there are I think at least 5 to 10 others that could go right now

I await the Sproule supporters getting on to me but ask yourself what has he done since he came back

pentlando
21-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Mutual consent requires pay-offs, do you want to contribute? No way should the club be spending millions to get rid of players we brought in. If these players aren't good enough they should be back up, if they're the best of a bad bunch then so be it. No Scottish club is in a position to be terminating players contracts willy nilly.

Andy74
21-11-2011, 12:17 PM
After watching the first half on Saturday I saw 5 players i would let go right now by mutual consent

Micheal Hart
Danny Gailbraith
Lewis Stevenson
Ivan Sproule

I await the Sproule supporters getting on to me but ask yourself what has he done since he came back

You can add the likes of Murray, Agogo, Sodje, Thornhill, Scott and Palsson.

A whole new unworkable legacy really. :greengrin

Geo_1875
21-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Is Lewis Stevenson our new Marmite Man? For everyone that doesn't rate him he has a supporter. Reminds me of the John Rankin debate, is 100% enough? Personally, I thought him and Stephens were the only pluses lon Saturday.

Cropley10
21-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Michael (f)hart looked like he'd never played football before on Saturday. Surely he's played his last game?

Twa Cairpets
21-11-2011, 12:27 PM

Micheal Hart
Danny Gailbraith
Lewis Stevenson
Ivan Sproule

Opinions eh? I thought Stevenson was our best player on Saturday, and that O'Hanlon had a decent shift a well - looks more comfortable with Stephens than he does with Murray or Hanlon. Couldnt disagree with Hart - not one for the future Im afraid, and Ivan is a good guy to have in the squad. Galbraith frustrates the hell out of me - theres a player in there somewhere.

Kammy1875
21-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Is Lewis Stevenson our new Marmite Man? For everyone that doesn't rate him he has a supporter. Reminds me of the John Rankin debate, is 100% enough? Personally, I thought him and Stephens were the only pluses lon Saturday.

Stevenson hasn't progressed and should leave for a fresh start for the sake of his career.

I would keep Stack, Stephens, Hanlon, Booth, Wotherspoon and Ozzy. The rest I couldn't care less if released.

ScottB
21-11-2011, 12:39 PM
I think what we should be doing is asking why guys who have either been good elsewhere, or shown promise with us, end up turning into unfit, mistake making huddies.

I'd love to know what the hell Evans and Stevenson do with these guys in training, because this huddie syndrome has been prevalent since they turned up.

happiehibbie
21-11-2011, 12:57 PM
I agree with the poster above I feel a back room clearout is due as well lets have a fresh start sometime i think Tam McCourt is doing everything maybe thats the common thing here it TAM

TAM MUST GO

James70
21-11-2011, 01:01 PM
We wouldn't have equalised on Saturday if it hadn't been for Sproule's determination chasing a ball which was all but out for a goal kick.

There are some players lacking confidence and some who just aren't too interested but Sproule will always try his best.

S4uzee
21-11-2011, 01:04 PM
I think the views on Stevenson are a bit harsh. If everyone had the determination to win the ball back like he does we would be in a different position

Scouse Hibee
21-11-2011, 01:09 PM
We wouldn't have equalised on Saturday if it hadn't been for Sproule's determination chasing a ball which was all but out for a goal kick.

There are some players lacking confidence and some who just aren't too interested but Sproule will always try his best.

From where I was sitting it was out!

allezsauzee
21-11-2011, 01:11 PM
WTF?? Based upon saturday , Stevenson would not only be kept but appointed captain. I'm would also disagree with binning Hart on the basis of Saturday. I assume he was subbed as he isn't that great going forward, i certainly don't recall him making too many errors defensively....of course BB may have been listening to 'supporters' sitting behind him that had already decided that Hart was going to be rubbish prior to a ball being kicked.

NorthNorfolkHFC
21-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Stevenson hasn't progressed and should leave for a fresh start for the sake of his career.

I would keep Stack, Stephens, Hanlon, Booth, Wotherspoon and Ozzy. The rest I couldn't care less if released.

Toatlly agree, all young ish and clearly have a future.

The rest are a disgrace, Galbraith heads the list for me as his lack of quality astounds me, he has NOTHING that he brings to a game??

Palsson also annoys me a bit as he looked like he has potential, i think he could be good if he had the correct 'dedicated' group of players around him!!!!

Kammy1875
21-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Toatlly agree, all young ish and clearly have a future.

The rest are a disgrace, Galbraith heads the list for me as his lack of quality astounds me, he has NOTHING that he brings to a game??

Palsson also annoys me a bit as he looked like he has potential, i think he could be good if he had the correct 'dedicated' group of players around him!!!!

Stevenson and Danny G are in the same boat, it's "give them time" they are both never the standard we should have at the club.

Danny Galbraith, except Parkhead has done nothing at our football club and Stevenson has one good game in about 10.

Agreed also about Palsson, he could be decent if he wasn't so half arsed.

allezsauzee
21-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Galbraith is like Alan O' Brien. He's quick and that is it. I wouldn't disagree that Lewis hasn't developed as player in the last 4 years. I would look at the coaching at the club as a possible cause. however on Saturday he was our best player

frazeHFC
21-11-2011, 01:25 PM
From where I was sitting it was out! :agree:

Kammy1875
21-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Galbraith is like Alan O' Brien. He's quick and that is it. I wouldn't disagree that Lewis hasn't developed as player in the last 4 years. I would look at the coaching at the club as a possible cause. however on Saturday he was our best player

He was our best player, before then he was good against Hearts. Since then he's been inconsistent and rubbish.

Lewis was amazing on that amazing day but he's not got it at the level we need to aspire to be at and it's time he left the club. How he got a new deal in the summer after contributing little under CC before then is baffling.

lucky
21-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Whilst Lewis Stevenson has not played at the cup final level he has been our best player in the last two games.

basehibby
21-11-2011, 01:50 PM

Micheal Hart
Danny Gailbraith
Lewis Stevenson
Ivan Sproule

A Fire sale presumes that anyone wants to pay for the players in question and that would be by no means guaranteed at the moment - otherwise Hibs would have to pay THEM to leave which would just be bloody stupid!

In any case - this rip it up and start again theory is fatally flawed. Sure there are some players in our squad who are not coming up to standard, but there are others who are lacking confidence/lacking fitness/lacking a settled role in a team with no leadership.

We need to get a bloody good manager in who in turn needs to sign a couple of GOOD players in key positions to enable this team to start putting some points on the board. Then - in the summer after all these players have had the chance to prove themselves to their new manager within HIS system - a clear out can ensue.

Sir David Gray
21-11-2011, 02:04 PM

Sportscene froze the picture at the moment Sproule cut the ball back and it was bang on the line from what I saw.

On the wider issue, Ivan Sproule will never be the most talented footballer in the world but he is enthusiastic, determined and contributes with assists. He is well down in my list of players that I would like to see the back of.

cocopops1875
21-11-2011, 02:07 PM

If he had not have chased a lost cause it would never have asked the question

Kammy1875
21-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Sportscene froze the picture at the moment Sproule cut the ball back and it was bang on the line from what I saw.

On the wider issue, Ivan Sproule will never be the most talented footballer in the world but he is enthusiastic, determined and contributes with assists. He is well down in my list of players that I would like to see the back of.

Usually I would agree but if he's on decent money it could be argued it could be spent better.

I would guess he's probably one of our top earners and in my eyes he doesn't merit this with being enthusiastic. :aok:

Andy74
21-11-2011, 02:18 PM
It sums up how bad we are when we are talking about Stevenson maybe being our best player on account of running about a bit.

Sir David Gray
21-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Usually I would agree but if he's on decent money it could be argued it could be spent better.

I would guess he's probably one of our top earners and in my eyes he doesn't merit this with being enthusiastic. :aok:

It's one attribute more than most of the other players have, put together.

Whether it's correct or not, I obviously don't know but most of our players look as if they're not fussed half the time. At least you know that's not true with Sproule.

Spike Mandela
21-11-2011, 02:25 PM

Micheal Hart
Danny Gailbraith
Lewis Stevenson
Ivan Sproule

With this years posted losses I think we may have to sell before we can buy in January to any great extent.

Craig_in_Prague
21-11-2011, 02:31 PM
It sums up how bad we are when we are talking about Stevenson maybe being our best player on account of running about a bit.

Yep
a player that would struggle to get a game for any other SPL side IMO.

That's the state we're in I guess.

Not sure how much worse we can actually get.

happiehibbie
21-11-2011, 02:35 PM
The ball was out i sit in the FF on the left it was out

I am not having a go for players having effort but i would not expect someone to fix my car and show effort.

go to the hibs web site and look through the players we have just not good enough we need a clean out from backroom staff to playing staff

Saorsa
21-11-2011, 02:37 PM
A sale? For the likes of Hart you'd be better calling the cooncil for a curb side collection.

Kammy1875
21-11-2011, 02:38 PM
It's one attribute more than most of the other players have, put together.

Whether it's correct or not, I obviously don't know but most of our players look as if they're not fussed half the time. At least you know that's not true with Sproule.

All correct mate, I don't disagree with his attitude but hopefully a new manager comes in who has players in mind to come to the club with the correct "Ivan" attitude and if that's the case then, if Ivan is a top earner I would try to negotiate his contract or try to offload and bring someone else in with a good attitude who could perhaps bring more to the table. :aok:

silverhibee
21-11-2011, 03:17 PM
We wouldn't have equalised on Saturday if it hadn't been for Sproule's determination chasing a ball which was all but out for a goal kick.There are some players lacking confidence and some who just aren't too interested but Sproule will always try his best.

It went out, the linesman missed it.

BurghHibby
21-11-2011, 03:20 PM
I also thought Lewis was one of the best on Saturday, unlike the auld fart that sits behind me, every week he picks on somebody.
The previous games it has been Agogo, moaning that he should never start in front of Sodje, sure I even heard him saying that Sodje should be given an extended deal!!!
Unless Stack learns to come for a cross, I would bin him as well.
Hart and Galbraith would struggle to get a game for Livingston on current form, no offence to Livingston intended.

silverhibee
21-11-2011, 03:24 PM

As i said on another thread, John Rankin was getting it tight from Hibs fans for putting in that kind of performance that Lewis did on Saturday, Lewis may run about and put tackles in but that is it, he very rarely helps out the defence and he never gets forward to help the attackers.

truehibernian
21-11-2011, 03:28 PM
It went out, the linesman missed it.

Ref and west stand side linesman were awful on Saturday SH, for both sides. Have to be honest and say that we benefited more from the ref's inconsistency. Stephen's tackle on the edge was so obvious people beside me laughed at the ref's decision. As for the linesman, at one point second half, two Killie players were at least 3 yards off side yet he kept the flag down, only to later give a very soft foul to Hibs to I think genuinely make up for the howler.

I think Ivan's touch was heavy, but the fact the ref and linesman were so unfit they failed to keep up with play......thank god. You'd think that with two follicly challenged officials they would be lighter and run faster :greengrin Maybe too many pic n mix before the game bud :wink:

NorthNorfolkHFC
21-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Stevenson and Danny G are in the same boat, it's "give them time" they are both never the standard we should have at the club.

Danny Galbraith, except Parkhead has done nothing at our football club and Stevenson has one good game in about 10.

Agreed also about Palsson, he could be decent if he wasn't so half arsed.

I was agreeing. The youngsters you said should stay, should form the basis of our team. The rest can rot if we cant get rid of them.

I used to enjoy going to see players at ER that were figures of admiration because they were professionals, they trained really hard and were much better than i was/could have been!!! With this lot, i am not to sure, many of them would struggle at junior level.

These guys have no idea how lucky they are having unlimited, PAID!!!! access to some of the best facilities in Scotland/Britain. Yet they choose to avoid the gym or training pitch when their required working hours are done!!!!! Shame.

Apologies as its a rant but i have not enjoyed my day at work, just makes me frustrated that these guys get to do something they love and are taking it for granted!!!

Kammy1875
21-11-2011, 03:46 PM
I was agreeing. The youngsters you said should stay, should form the basis of our team. The rest can rot if we cant get rid of them.

I used to enjoy going to see players at ER that were figures of admiration because they were professionals, they trained really hard and were much better than i was/could have been!!! With this lot, i am not to sure, many of them would struggle at junior level.

These guys have no idea how lucky they are having unlimited, PAID!!!! access to some of the best facilities in Scotland/Britain. Yet they choose to avoid the gym or training pitch when their required working hours are done!!!!! Shame.

Apologies as its a rant but i have not enjoyed my day at work, just makes me frustrated that these guys get to do something they love and are taking it for granted!!!

:top marks

Septimus
21-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Fire sale? Maybe we should just have the fire.

--------
21-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Right now IMO we need to go very carefully.

Some of the present squad will never be good enough - but there aren't that many about whom the majority of netters, never mind all Hibs fans agree.

Michael Hart is one - he was a decent player 5 years ago, but now? No. Palsson and Agogo seem to have spat the dummy and I'd be tempted to punt them too, but I think that has to be the decision of the incoming boss and not BB and the Board. Galbraith hasn't shown much, but he hasn't exactly had a consictent run to allow him to show what he can do and I'm sure there's a player in there. Spoonie has gone backwards lately, as has Callum Booth, but I do think they can both turn things around given the chance. Sodje needs games - why wasn't he playing on Saturday up alongside Garry? .Maybe the new guy can get them playing between now and the end of the season? Enough to get us up the table a few places?

A couple of months ago Stephens was the object of wrath and derision on the net - I was one who didn't rate him, I admit - but recently, playing alongside O'Hanlon, he's looked a lot better.

I don't think we want a fire sale - we need to wait for the new boss (hoping he's finally the real deal and not another dummy) and see what he can make of the players we have. I'm sure they're not all inadequate; I'm sure most of them are plenty good enough for the SPL - I mean, how good does a player have to be to play in the SPL these days?

Our immediate aim should be, I think, League safety with top 6 a bonus. Top 5 and a place in the Europa preliminaries would be a REAL bonus and probably beyond us, but who knows? A decent run in the Scottish Cup would be nice too.

The REAL problem I see right now is that the club seems to beat odds with itself - the fans have little time for the players or the board, the players are brassed-off and not obviously playing for the fans or the jersey, we're in a chronic vicious circle of old manager, new manager, old squad out, new squad in, short-term contracts all round with tha consequent dearth of loyalty and commitment, poor atmosphere in the stadium....

And a lot more besides.

Whoever comes in won't need to have a firesale. Many of the squad are out of contract anyway, and I'll bet the house that we won't see them for dust in June.

We're back where we started when Hughes left - we need to grind out the results until January, use the window to plug a few holes in the leaking ship then, stay in the SPL come the end of May, and THEN the new guy has to be given the resources to use the window to lay the foundations of a new and more consistent Hibernian.

BTW - what would you guys think of a double appointment - Alex Miller as Director of Football and a member of the Board, and John Collins back as team manager? The only condition being that the players are told loud and clear that anyone turning up on Rod's doorstep (or Scott's or anyone else's for that matter) to complain about the training be told firmly to go play on the Newbridge Roundabout?

happiehibbie
22-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Right now IMO we need to go very carefully.

Some of the present squad will never be good enough - but there aren't that many about whom the majority of netters, never mind all Hibs fans agree.

Michael Hart is one - he was a decent player 5 years ago, but now? No. Palsson and Agogo seem to have spat the dummy and I'd be tempted to punt them too, but I think that has to be the decision of the incoming boss and not BB and the Board. Galbraith hasn't shown much, but he hasn't exactly had a consictent run to allow him to show what he can do and I'm sure there's a player in there. Spoonie has gone backwards lately, as has Callum Booth, but I do think they can both turn things around given the chance. Sodje needs games - why wasn't he playing on Saturday up alongside Garry? .Maybe the new guy can get them playing between now and the end of the season? Enough to get us up the table a few places?

A couple of months ago Stephens was the object of wrath and derision on the net - I was one who didn't rate him, I admit - but recently, playing alongside O'Hanlon, he's looked a lot better.

I don't think we want a fire sale - we need to wait for the new boss (hoping he's finally the real deal and not another dummy) and see what he can make of the players we have. I'm sure they're not all inadequate; I'm sure most of them are plenty good enough for the SPL - I mean, how good does a player have to be to play in the SPL these days?

Our immediate aim should be, I think, League safety with top 6 a bonus. Top 5 and a place in the Europa preliminaries would be a REAL bonus and probably beyond us, but who knows? A decent run in the Scottish Cup would be nice too.

The REAL problem I see right now is that the club seems to beat odds with itself - the fans have little time for the players or the board, the players are brassed-off and not obviously playing for the fans or the jersey, we're in a chronic vicious circle of old manager, new manager, old squad out, new squad in, short-term contracts all round with tha consequent dearth of loyalty and commitment, poor atmosphere in the stadium....

And a lot more besides.

Whoever comes in won't need to have a firesale. Many of the squad are out of contract anyway, and I'll bet the house that we won't see them for dust in June.

We're back where we started when Hughes left - we need to grind out the results until January, use the window to plug a few holes in the leaking ship then, stay in the SPL come the end of May, and THEN the new guy has to be given the resources to use the window to lay the foundations of a new and more consistent Hibernian.

BTW - what would you guys think of a double appointment - Alex Miller as Director of Football and a member of the Board, and John Collins back as team manager? The only condition being that the players are told loud and clear that anyone turning up on Rod's doorstep (or Scott's or anyone else's for that matter) to complain about the training be told firmly to go play on the Newbridge Roundabout?

good post

jacomo
22-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Fire sale? Maybe we should just have the fire.

I'll sell the Yams a small fire in an oil drum (cash only, no questions asked) if they want to do an insurance job on the PBS.

fatbloke
22-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Sadly in our case it would be a damp squib sale. Sparklers rather than rockets etc.

Bostonhibby
22-11-2011, 07:11 PM
You can add the likes of Murray, Agogo, Sodje, Thornhill, Scott and Palsson.

A whole new unworkable legacy really. :greengrin

:agree: Maybe we should just have a fire!:wink: