PDA

View Full Version : Strachan 8/1

AlbertK86
20-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Yes please

His odds have shortened considerably since yesterday. 8/1 Skybet and 9/1 at Paddy Power

Not holding ma breath though

HH81
20-11-2011, 09:30 PM
The Bookies don't really have much clue really its all guess work.

AlbertK86
20-11-2011, 09:36 PM
The Bookies don't really have much clue really its all guess work.

I agree with you 100%.... think the only time they have got it right with Hibs next manager was Yogi.

Still want Davies or Strachan or Collins but fear we don't have sufficient ambition to go for any of them

Coco Bryce
20-11-2011, 09:37 PM
Jose Mourinho couldn't sort that team out :rolleyes:

AlbertK86
20-11-2011, 09:44 PM

only the dole queue could sort the vast majority of them out !!!!

The Harp Awakes
20-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Would love this to happen but I would be surprised if the Hibs Board had the ambition to even consider Gordon Strachan for the job.

Billy Whizz
20-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Would love this to happen but I would be surprised if the Hibs Board had the ambition to even consider Gordon Strachan for the job.

He's just the sort of experienced Manager we need!
Wonder if Rod would be brave enough to put him on the payroll?

God Petrie
20-11-2011, 10:00 PM
All of this is presuming:

1) He is interested in coming to Hibs
2) Hibs can legitimately afford him
3) He would be a success
4) Hibs fans would want him given his stint at Celtic

It has nothing to do with ambition or bravery.

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 10:02 PM

He probably could, but a good manager could improve us until bringing in his own players and emptying CC and JH's wasters. :agree:

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 10:04 PM
All of this is presuming:

1) He is interested in coming to Hibs
2) Hibs can legitimately afford him
3) He would be a success
4) Hibs fans would want him given his stint at Celtic

It has nothing to do with ambition or bravery.

Hibee so I hope at this stage he would like to come.

We probably couldn't but perhaps he doesn't need the cash.

Never a guarantee with any manager otherwise we would appoint a guy we knew would be a success.

Supporters have short memories. If he had us improved he would be "one of us"

Capt Mainwaring
20-11-2011, 10:11 PM
He's just the sort of experienced Manager we need!
Wonder if Rod would be brave enough to put him on the payroll?

So is Rafa Benitez and Sam Alardice but like Strachan then neither want to come or would be prepared to work for the highest wages we could afford!

For "brave" do you mean "stupid"?

I think we all need to be a bit more realistic here.

degenerated
20-11-2011, 10:32 PM
I agree with you 100%.... think the only time they have got it right with Hibs next manager was Yogi.

Still want Davies or Strachan or Collins but fear we don't have sufficient ambition to go for any of them

What sort of ambition would the club need to show to get collins given that he already walked out once before when the going got tough and whose only other managerial experience was to fail in chareloi.

I like jc, he was my favourite player in my youth, but don't get this love in at all. Fair enough he did win us a cup but he then promptly *****ed his budget on some utter dross and I'll be honest and say I was happy he walked.

Hibbyradge
20-11-2011, 10:33 PM

Gordon Strachan doesn't want to go back into football management.

Maybe it's his "ambition" you should be questioning.

iwasthere1972
20-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Yes please

His odds have shortened considerably since yesterday. 8/1 Skybet and 9/1 at Paddy Power

Ah well no chance of Deeks returning if that happens. Unless he wants to sit on the bench each week.

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 11:05 PM

Not even one lass hurrah at the club he always wanted to play for and supported as a lad?

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Ah well no chance of Deeks returning if that happens. Unless he wants to sit on the bench each week.

Would rather have Strachan than Derek to be honest. :aok:

The Harp Awakes
20-11-2011, 11:14 PM

I don't know what's in Gordon Strachan's head and whether he wants to go into football management again or not. Even if he did, I've no idea if he would want the Hibs job.

What I would say is that if you are satisfied with the ambiton shown by the Hibs Board in recent times, then you must be happy with continually getting humped, outplayed and outfought by teams 1/4 of our size. Hibs underchievement has been going on for decades and I think it is right to question the Board's ambition. The next managerial appointment is crucial. Another bargain basement, inexperienced Managerial selection and we're stuffed.

Hibbyradge
20-11-2011, 11:35 PM
I don't know what's in Gordon Strachan's head and whether he wants to go into football management again or not. Even if he did, I've no idea if he would want the Hibs job.

What I would say is that if you are satisfied with the ambiton shown by the Hibs Board in recent times, then you must be happy with continually getting humped, outplayed and outfought by teams 1/4 of our size. Hibs underchievement has been going on for decades and I think it is right to question the Board's ambition. The next managerial appointment is crucial. Another bargain basement, inexperienced Managerial selection and we're stuffed.

What has my satisfaction with football got to do with the board's ambition?

You said the board don't have the ambition to employ Strachan.

Have you ever questioned Vlad's ambition? Or David Murray's?

James70
20-11-2011, 11:54 PM
I keep wondering, is Gordon Strachan constantly being mentioned mainly because he was a Hibs supporter in his youth and was once on our books?

Does he still hold Hibs as dear to his heart so to speak or has he moved on?

Pat Nevin will openly admit to being converted to the Hibs cause but I have never heard Strachan come out in recent years and say that Hibs are still his team. I vaguely remember when he was still playing that he wanted to play for Hibs one day but that never happened.

Whilst he would be a popular choice with the fans to begin with, if results didn't go his way he would finish up going the same way as Mixu and Yogi and I doubt he would want that sort of hassle.

If he still has an affection for Hibs we may well be the last club he would want to be manager of!

blackpoolhibs
21-11-2011, 12:00 AM
I keep wondering, is Gordon Strachan constantly being mentioned mainly because he was a Hibs supporter in his youth and was once on our books?

Pat Nevin will openly admit to being converted to the Hibs cause but I have never heard Strachan come out in recent years and say that Hibs are still his team. I vaguely remember when he was still playing that he wanted to play for Hibs one day but that never happened.

Whilst he would be a popular choice with the fans to begin with, if results didn't go his way he would finish up going the same way as Mixu and Yogi and I doubt he would want that sort of hassle.

If he still has an affection for Hibs we may well be the last club he would want to be manager of!

I saw an interview he did on football focus or something similar when managing Southampton. He was asked what would he do if he was sacked, he replied go back to Edinburgh, get a season ticket for easter road and watch the Hibs.

The Harp Awakes
21-11-2011, 12:05 AM
What has my satisfaction with football got to do with the board's ambition?

You said the board don't have the ambition to employ Strachan.

Have you ever questioned Vlad's ambition? Or David Murray's?

Ambition and success/satisfaction usually go hand in hand. Hibs have not been successful on the football pitch for a long time and most fans are not satisfied. I think that a big factor in this is due to a lack of ambition by the Board. They have raked in millions on the sale of players and invested very little on replacements.

You seemed to be suggesting that it was wrong for me to question the Board's ambition, which led to my assumption that you were satisfied with team performance under their tenure.

As for Vlad and David Murray, they have certainly shown ambition for the Club's they owned but have also been reckless. £11m for Flo and £13k a week wages for Larry Kingston says it all.

ScottB
21-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Appointing a 'name' would be a waste of time, a temporary blip in attendance before normal service is resumed and the chorus of booing find its voice again. It will be more ambitious to pick the best man for the job, not the biggest name.

I see nothing in Strachan's career that suggests he could come here and work miracles with little or no money. If he wasn't constantly mentioned as a Hibs fan I doubt he'd ever be mentioned.

Hibercelona
21-11-2011, 12:47 AM
Strachan is mince!

But he's "one of our own...." so that justifies making him manager. :rolleyes:

calumhibee1
21-11-2011, 08:57 AM
3 SPL titles in a row, took Celtic through the champs league group stages, got Southampton to the FA cup final and Europe.. Can't believe some people wouldn't want him. :confused:

blackpoolhibs
21-11-2011, 09:01 AM
3 SPL titles in a row, took Celtic through the champs league group stages, got Southampton to the FA cup final and Europe.. Can't believe some people wouldn't want him. :confused:

:agree: and those same folk would rather we had Terry Butcher?????????????

Now i dont know if he's even interested or we can afford him, but he would be a much better option than some of the names banded about.

Andy74
21-11-2011, 09:25 AM

Mental isn't it.

darwenhibby
21-11-2011, 09:30 AM
I saw an interview he did on football focus or something similar when managing Southampton. He was asked what would he do if he was sacked, he replied go back to Edinburgh, get a season ticket for easter road and watch the Hibs.

Sounds like he lacks ambition to me.

If I was in his shoes I would be trying to get a season ticket at Man Utd or Man City, Arsenal or something like that.

To express going to Hibs.

truehibernian
21-11-2011, 09:32 AM

He is very much still a Hibs fan however of course it has to be tempered given he works in football and has worked at the highest level of Scottish football (and managed one half of the OF).

In fact he caused a bit of unrest in his first Celtic TV interview when he stated he was a Hibs fan IIRC.

He was recently (couple of years back) on the set of a film that Dougray Scott was in (I think it was New Town Killers or something) and all they did was talk about Hibs all day he was there....the source for that story being a guy who he went to school with was working there (Hibs fan too). GS recognised him having not seen him since school days, remembered his family and was as ever a total gent. And of course mentioned the Hibs. He is also very close to Spartans and is best friends with a couple of the staff there and their families. He always asks about Hibs and how they are doing.

I'd love him at Hibs, the entrance fee would be worth it just to see his touchline antics and his relationship with Rod. He'd certainly not accept shirkers or the 'work shy'.

In fact, am I not right in saying that Rod is an Aberdeen fan (at heart), so perhaps GS would be a wee hero in RP's eye.

Golden Bear
21-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Strachan is mince!

But he's "one of our own...." so that justifies making him manager. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: yersel!

If by any remote chance Strachan was interested in the post then he's the obvious choice for the job.

Dr Jimmy
21-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Strachan is mince!But he's "one of our own...." so that justifies making him manager. :rolleyes: How can you possibly state he is "mince"? This is a man that has won the league we are currently playing in.It is only his connection to Hibs that we can talk of getting a manager that has seen and done it in the league we are operating in.Some people need to get a grip on reality FFS..look at the other managers that have won the SPL. Without a Hibs supporting past do u think for a second they would entertain the Hibs job....Martin O'Neill Advocate, McLeish, Janssen, Smith.....?

brog
21-11-2011, 10:34 AM
He is very much still a Hibs fan however of course it has to be tempered given he works in football and has worked at the highest level of Scottish football (and managed one half of the OF).

In fact he caused a bit of unrest in his first Celtic TV interview when he stated he was a Hibs fan IIRC.

He was recently (couple of years back) on the set of a film that Dougray Scott was in (I think it was New Town Killers or something) and all they did was talk about Hibs all day he was there....the source for that story being a guy who he went to school with was working there (Hibs fan too). GS recognised him having not seen him since school days, remembered his family and was as ever a total gent. And of course mentioned the Hibs. He is also very close to Spartans and is best friends with a couple of the staff there and their families. He always asks about Hibs and how they are doing.

I'd love him at Hibs, the entrance fee would be worth it just to see his touchline antics and his relationship with Rod. He'd certainly not accept shirkers or the 'work shy'.

In fact, am I not right in saying that Rod is an Aberdeen fan (at heart), so perhaps GS would be a wee hero in RP's eye.

Great post, but only team the Tache would support in Aberdeen would be Gordonians! He's a rugby man, he should really be in charge of the Hawrts!! :top marks

Hibercelona
21-11-2011, 12:57 PM
:rolleyes: yersel!

If by any remote chance Strachan was interested in the post then he's the obvious choice for the job.

How can you possibly state he is "mince"? This is a man that has won the league we are currently playing in.It is only his connection to Hibs that we can talk of getting a manager that has seen and done it in the league we are operating in.Some people need to get a grip on reality FFS..look at the other managers that have won the SPL. Without a Hibs supporting past do u think for a second they would entertain the Hibs job....Martin O'Neill Advocate, McLeish, Janssen, Smith.....?

His record of late has been murder. He only does well with teams that have money and a good crop of players. We currently have neither.

The last thing we need is yet another manager thats going to walk out because he doesn't get the budget that he desires.

judas
21-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Yes please

Agreed.

A fantasy selling at 8/1 tells you something about the bookmaking game.

Some fans on here seem to thing GS is a genuine possibility - but his expectatiions would be far too big for Hibs.

Dashing Bob S
21-11-2011, 01:25 PM
His record of late has been murder. He only does well with teams that have money and a good crop of players. We currently have neither.

The last thing we need is yet another manager thats going to walk out because he doesn't get the budget that he desires.

Doubt he would 'walk in', in the first place, for those very reasons, but I agree. Strachan has no record of coaching or bringing through young players, he's a chequebook manager he isn't going to get one of them at ANY club in Scotland in the current environment, never mind Hibs.

I certainly think that if he did come, he'd bring some buzz and excitement to the club and definitely give the place a much-needed short-term lift, but as even was a mid-term appointment it has demoralizing disaster written all over it.

Kammy1875
21-11-2011, 01:28 PM

How has his record been of late "murder"

Fair do's he didn't do well at Boro but he won numerous trophies at Celtic and before the "only does well with money" he done well in the Champions League against teams with a lot more money than Celtic. Quarter finals in fact, only to be eliminated of Milan after extra time by a Kaka wonder goal.

Hibercelona
21-11-2011, 01:35 PM
How has his record been of late "murder"

Fair do's he didn't do well at Boro but he won numerous trophies at Celtic and before the "only does well with money" he done well in the Champions League against teams with a lot more money than Celtic. Quarter finals in fact, only to be eliminated of Milan after extra time by a Kaka wonder goal.

Of course he won numerous trophies at Celtic. Who doesn't win numerous trophies at Celtic when they've been there for years?

Strachan came into Celtic at a time when the OF were still throwing money about.

Do we have money to throw about?

Kammy1875
21-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Of course he won numerous trophies at Celtic. Who doesn't win numerous trophies at Celtic when they've been there for years?

Strachan came into Celtic at a time when the OF were still throwing money about.

Neil Lennon
John Barnes
Kenny Dalgleish
Tommy Burns

Strachan did indeed come into Celtic at that time but he had about as much as McLeish, Le Guen or Smith at Rangers and still won more than Rangers over that period of time.

What about guiding Celtic into the Champions League Quarters? Was that down to money?

Lennon now proves money can't buy trophies or league titles or even into Europe (fairly) you still need a decent manager in charge.

I don't think we would need money to throw about, I do think he would bring passion back to the side and get the best out of players he brought in.

Hibercelona
21-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Doubt he would 'walk in', in the first place, for those very reasons, but I agree. Strachan has no record of coaching or bringing through young players, he's a chequebook manager he isn't going to get one of them at ANY club in Scotland in the current environment, never mind Hibs.

I certainly think that if he did come, he'd bring some buzz and excitement to the club and definitely give the place a much-needed short-term lift, but as even was a mid-term appointment it has demoralizing disaster written all over it.

:agree:

If we brought him in, he would just be another spin on the current merry go round.

As soon as he realizes that he isn't going to get any instant success, he won't hang around to allow his rep to be tarnished any further.

Hibercelona
21-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Neil Lennon
John Barnes
Kenny Dalgleish
Tommy Burns

Strachan did indeed come into Celtic at that time but he had about as much as McLeish, Le Guen or Smith at Rangers and still won more than Rangers over that period of time.

What about guiding Celtic into the Champions League Quarters? Was that down to money?
Lennon now proves money can't buy trophies or league titles or even into Europe (fairly) you still need a decent manager in charge.

I don't think we would need money to throw about, I do think he would bring passion back to the side and get the best out of players he brought in.

Kammy1875
21-11-2011, 01:44 PM

If we brought him in, he would just be another spin on the current merry go round.

As soon as he realizes that he isn't going to get any instant success, he won't hang around to allow his rep to be tarnished any further.

He went into Southampton and saved them from relegation with 6 months remaining of the season then built a side that done well and also reached an FA Cup final on a lot, lot less money than many of the Premiership sides.

Kammy1875
21-11-2011, 01:45 PM

So he beat sides like Man Utd, teams with much, much more money and resources than Celtic because of money?

Aye, ok then. :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
21-11-2011, 01:52 PM
He went into Southampton and saved them from relegation with 6 months remaining of the season then built a side that done well and also reached an FA Cup final on a lot, lot less money than many of the Premiership sides.

You see shock teams reaching the FA Cup finals quite regularly.

I'm not saying he didn't do well to save them from relegation. But i'd like to think that our ambitions go a little higher than "just surviving".

We should be looking for an up and coming manager full of drive and ambition. Strachan wouldn't bring this. He would possibley "steady the ship". But then what?

Hibercelona
21-11-2011, 01:53 PM
So he beat sides like Man Utd, teams with much, much more money and resources than Celtic because of money?

Aye, ok then. :rolleyes:

I seen that game. Man Utd were all over them like a rash and Celtic scored from a freekick from the appointed diver at the time. :wink:

Sometimes you get lucky.

Dr Jimmy
21-11-2011, 01:55 PM

So, by your argument you would turn down Jose Mourihno as he only does well with teams that have money and a good crop of players!

I also think you are doing a disservice to the successful OF managers, as there have been loads of OF managers that have have spent cash and underachieved.

Kammy1875
21-11-2011, 01:57 PM

I'm not saying he didn't do well to save them from relegation. But i'd like to think that our ambitions go a little higher than "just surviving".

We should be looking for an up and coming manager full of drive and ambition. Strachan wouldn't bring this. He would possibley "steady the ship". But then what?

Of course, but with the budget they were on in comparison with the budget of many of the other sides "just surviving" was an achievement, he got the best out the players he brought to the club and done a good job. If he used his budget as wisely as he did at Southampton or Celtic then he would have us top 4 without a doubt.

Kammy1875
21-11-2011, 01:59 PM
I seen that game. Man Utd were all over them like a rash and Celtic scored from a freekick from the appointed diver at the time. :wink:

Sometimes you get lucky.

So what you are saying is basically that Southampton reaching the FA cup final and Celtic beating Man Utd and reaching the Quarters of the Champions League was luck, winning the trophies he did with Celtic was down to money and any time he's not done the best then it's his fault because he's a crap manager?

Fair do's all about opinions :aok:

Judas Iscariot
21-11-2011, 02:00 PM

Sometimes you get lucky.

:rolleyes:

So who, in your opinion, should we be going for?

Andy74
21-11-2011, 02:21 PM

Sometimes you get lucky.

They also beat the holders AC Milan and the previous year had only went out to them after extra time. I'm assuming that was luck as well?

Craig_in_Prague
21-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Should it not be Hearts that need someone with CL experience.

Kammy1875
21-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Should it not be Hearts that need someone with CL experience.

I would say they need someone who has experience in administration :wink:

One Day
21-11-2011, 07:28 PM

I saw that too

weecounty hibby
21-11-2011, 07:34 PM

Sorry but that point is nonsense. He survived in the toughest league in the world with one of the smaller clubs.

He won the league three years in a row with Celtic and I think was the most succesful manager there since Stein, so in our league he has a proven track record.

The likes of Butcher, Calderwood, Jeffries, etc etc MIGHT steady the ship but they would not be ambitious appointments. I think GS MIGHT just be the man to take us forwards and would show some level of ambition.

Spike Mandela
21-11-2011, 07:46 PM
Sorry but that point is nonsense. He survived in the toughest league in the world with one of the smaller clubs.

He won the league three years in a row with Celtic and I think was the most succesful manager there since Stein, so in our league he has a proven track record.

The likes of Butcher, Calderwood, Jeffries, etc etc MIGHT steady the ship but they would not be ambitious appointments. I think GS MIGHT just be the man to take us forwards and would show some level of ambition.

Strachan would demand major transfer cash to rebuild Hibs just like others have.

Unless we have a major change in strategy or get some outside investment we just aren't going to be an attractive proposition to someone like Strachan.

Someone with loads of cash buying out STF might like to install a Strachan type figure as leader /figurehead but in our current predicament we will be looking for someone with a track record of doing good things with little budget.

weecounty hibby
21-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Strachan would demand major transfer cash to rebuild Hibs just like others have.

Unless we have a major change in strategy or get some outside investment we just aren't going to be an attractive proposition to someone like Strachan.

Someone with loads of cash buying out STF might like to install a Strachan type figure as leader /figurehead but in our current predicament we will be looking for someone with a track record of doing good things with little budget.

We have given the last three or four major transfer cash, relatively speaking,and they have wasted it. I think we need someone to get behind and someone who will talk up the club and fight for it. How much did you dislike Strachan for the things he said and did for Celtic? I rememebr you screaming at him at ER! You know what, I would love to see him doing that for Hibs, winding other teams and fans up for the way he acted on our behalf. We have to get someone in who the fans will follow and I think GS could be the man.

Gmack7
21-11-2011, 08:31 PM
maybe appointing someone like strachan would actually bring in outside investment which would inturn boost transfer funds which should then see an improvement in league position and quality on the park leading to much bigger crowds.i know its a BIG MAYBE

blackpoolhibs
21-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Those saying Strachan would demand a huge transfer chest, how do you know this?:confused:

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-11-2011, 09:43 PM
The issue that I would have with Strachan is that he does not need the job and even if he got the job, it would not exactly be a disaster for him if it went badly.

dp00
21-11-2011, 10:26 PM
The issue that I would have with Strachan is that he does not need the job and even if he got the job, it would not exactly be a disaster for him if it went badly.

exactly what me and a guy in work were saying today. chance to manage the team he supports, stay in edinburgh and earn some cash that he does not need and get back into the game he loves

if it goes well he will be a hero and could get a top job , if it goes tits up he has lost nothing

snooky
21-11-2011, 10:51 PM

I certainly think that if he did come, he'd bring some buzz and excitement to the club and definitely give the place a much-needed short-term lift, but as even was a mid-term appointment it has demoralizing disaster written all over it .

I heard he was offered the job about 6 (+/-) managers ago but he wanted to get rid of all the current staff down to the tea lady and they chased him.
Dunno if that's a true story though.

franco
21-11-2011, 11:15 PM

I heard he was offered the job about 6 (+/-) managers ago but he wanted to get rid of all the current staff down to the tea lady and they chased him.
Dunno if that's a true story though.

Well if its true he isnt a bad judge because id demand the same :agree:

basehibby
22-11-2011, 02:51 AM
I think if Strachan took on the job at Hibs then he'd be going into it with his eyes wide open - as a Hibs follower he'll know exactly what's going on and as an experienced manager in the upper echelons of the British game I'm sure he would only take the job if he got to do things his way. And I think that's exactly what we need - strong authorotative leadership of the football team and all that feeds into it.

Some are very quick to belittle his achievements at Celtic but I think that's nonsense - 3 titles on the trot tells it's own story there. He's also done well at clubs like Southampton and Coventry when they've been fighting relegation - through spirit and preparation more than the chequebook I'd argue.

He'd be a great draw for players and fans alike IMO and I'd be very excited if he could be tempted to take up the reins at Hibs - there's a few other promising candidates out there if rumours are to be believed, but Strachan would beat them all hands down for experience, track record and sheer pulling power IMO.

Haymaker
22-11-2011, 02:56 AM

With far better resources than we could even dream about.

basehibby
22-11-2011, 03:04 AM
With far better resources than we could even dream about.

asdid the teams he was competing against - all relative isn't it?

Haymaker
22-11-2011, 03:08 AM
asdid the teams he was competing against - all relative isn't it?

Rangers. One club he really "competed" against here.

He struggled at 'boro despite cash to spend. IIRC his celtc team were very boring to watch when I saw them, same tactics as he employed at every club he has managed.

soupy
22-11-2011, 06:35 AM
Rangers. One club he really "competed" against here.He struggled at 'boro despite cash to spend. IIRC his celtc team were very boring to watch when I saw them, same tactics as he employed at every club he has managed. Boring but successful :-)

Haymaker
22-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Boring but successful :-)

Successful with a far superiour team!

KWJ
22-11-2011, 07:59 AM
His side were far more exciting than Martin O'Neil's.

Andy74
22-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Those saying Strachan would demand a huge transfer chest, how do you know this?:confused:

Laziness.

He's probably ony had a decent budget at Celtic. Even then so did Rangers and he won the titles with some distance to spare.

He also had less cash than Man U and AC milan but aanged to get results against them.

Yes he probably had cash at Middlesbrough and didn't do a good job.

If you are talking about the top level then that might be a black mark but he has a far superior record and standing in the game to anyone else that we could be considering.

truehibernian
22-11-2011, 09:19 AM
His side were far more exciting than Martin O'Neil's.

I'd have to disagree with that one KWJ. MON's team for me had a bit of everything and the one man who made the difference in games, Henrik Larsson. With Agathe, Petta, Sutton, Hartson, Petrov and Larsson, for me they were one of the most entertaining Scottish sides of recent past. What annoyed me about MON was he cherry-picked players from Hibs and other sides more to leave other sides weakened rather than strengthen Celtic.......our very own Ulrik Laursen being case in point. Ulrik could have gone on to be the complete full back/centre back with more games and playing at a higher level.

Very few players have really changed the Scottish game though, and in Larsson they had an absolute diamond of a player and a professional. Head and shoulders the best import in the last 30 years IMHO.........other than Dirk 'Diggler' Lehmann of course !

euro Hibby
22-11-2011, 12:00 PM
I would be happy to have Strachan even if he was a failed badly at Middlesbourgh and I would think that if he is a fan, money would not be an issue, since he will not be short of a bob or two after an good
career in football to date ! I think it would be really down to Hibs, have they approached him and does
Strachan have the desire to get back into football with a club which today offers him a difficult and almost
thankless task given the situation at Hibs today.
He might be a controversial figure but I feel we need something which is going to bring a real wind of
change. A manager is only part of it. The fan base needs to be addressed and Hibs football quality on
show is far from value for money ! A father and son attending, with a day out, a bite to eat and a couple of pints after the game will cost £ 60 to £ 80,00 ( depends on how much you drink ) and that is way to high to do consistently !

The club should set up a deal with local pubs and restaurants which reduce the costs and bring business to the area. They need to work away at bringing back enthusiasm for the club and understand that fans can follow a club in large numbers and not just be result orientated!... Football is a day out but it need to be
enjoyable and something you want to do again and again.

judas
22-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Strachan is not coming to Hibs.

The deluded who think he will/could/might etc will see this for themselves a few weeks from now.

Move on - nothing to see here.