PDA

View Full Version : New Manager

Billy Whizz
20-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Anyone think we might get a new Manager appointed in the next few days. I remember Calderwood's appt being confirmed on the Monday 2 weeks after Hughes dismissal.
Here's hoping!

smurf
20-11-2011, 08:29 PM
I think it will be tomorrow...

SteveHFC
20-11-2011, 08:30 PM
When i read the Thread title. I thought we had appointed an new manager :wink:

Steve20
20-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Won't be in the next week, imo.

AlbertK86
20-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Hope so as it seems nothing changed yesterday

stubru59
20-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Statement put out by the board last week said there'd be no further comments until after Saturday's game.

So we may hear something on Monday, but not necessarily the name of the new manager.

Sas_The_Hibby
20-11-2011, 10:15 PM
We're looking for a new manager?

I hadn't noticed - there's been nothing about it on the board here! :confused::greengrin

Eyrie
20-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Hopefully this week, but I'd rather the board took their time to get a decent manager than rushed to make an appointment.

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 11:11 PM
I haven't heard any club come out and say we have approached them about a manager in a current position so I still think we're quite far off finding our new man.

Speedway
21-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Remember how when we announced the coup of Calderwood, that it was mentioned that Hibs had only made the approach on the Friday and he was contracted to another club. It suggests that the Clarke hypothosis put forward by seer Mikestradamus, may have had merit.

I think we'll hear something by midweek.

Hibbyradge
21-11-2011, 09:42 AM
I'm pretty sure if he's not appointed today or tomorrow, it will be later on.

BroxburnHibee
21-11-2011, 09:47 AM

Source?

pentlando
21-11-2011, 09:50 AM

Do we know it's going to be a fella? :greengrin

Hibbyradge
21-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Source?

The fish man. :agree:

Speedway
21-11-2011, 10:22 AM

:agree: and I think whoever it is will probably be in charge for the next fixture.

Hibstrooper
21-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Billy Brown until the end of the season to be announced on Wednesday. Just a hunch

bringbackjoeT!!
21-11-2011, 12:23 PM
I see stanjames have installed Dennis Wise to the betting at 12/1, new name who is out of work- do they know something we don't. Not my favourite character but possibly the kind of no nonsense manager we need in these times of trouble???

Kammy1875
21-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Billy Brown until the end of the season to be announced on Wednesday. Just a hunch

Would be a complete disaster on and off the pitch. :rolleyes:

frazeHFC
21-11-2011, 12:28 PM
I reckon on Wednesday there will be an announcement. Guess btw.

Hibercelona
21-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Do we know it's going to be a fella? :greengrin

I hope not.

My mum could do a better job than the recent dross and shes never watched a game in her life.

TornadoHibby
21-11-2011, 12:45 PM
:agree: and I think whoever it is will probably be in charge for the next fixture.

Doubt it, with 90 applicants for the job, it will take another couple of weeks or so to be sure that they have the best candidate available for the job bearing in mind how crucial to the club going forward this next managerial appointment will be IMO! :agree:

Jack
21-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Doubt it, with 90 applicants for the job, it will take another couple of weeks or so to be sure that they have the best candidate available for the job bearing in mind how crucial to the club going forward this next managerial appointment will be IMO! :agree:

Nah I doubt you :greengrin

There were over 120 the last time IIRC – it only took them 2 weeks.

I’ll bet there's a fair few applications went straight in the bin along with all those with an :jamboak:EH12 postmark.

I’ll bet there were fewer than a dozen that warranted read all the way though and less than half of that merit an interview.

That’s assuming the board didn’t have a name already in the frame and were putting other applicants up against him – metaphorically. :wink:

scoopyboy
21-11-2011, 01:00 PM

Surely they aren't going to interview all the applicants.

To me the longer they take means the more they don't have a clue who they are looking for.

They should have been playing "Find the Manager" weeks before CC left the building.

Andy74
21-11-2011, 01:08 PM
[QUOTE=scoopyboy;2997985]To me the longer they take means the more they don't have a clue who they are looking for.

[QUOTE]

That's the only possible explanation for you is it?

smurf
21-11-2011, 01:11 PM

To me the longer they take means the more they don't have a clue who they are looking for.

They should have been playing "Find the Manager" weeks before CC left the building.

For some time it has been apparent that a plan B is required.

scoopyboy
21-11-2011, 01:15 PM
[QUOTE=scoopyboy;2997985]To me the longer they take means the more they don't have a clue who they are looking for.

[QUOTE]

That's the only possible explanation for you is it?

No, but feel free to give me a better explanation.

Jack
21-11-2011, 01:22 PM

In reverse order :greengrin

One would have thought they would have at least have had a wee sniff around at who might be available.

One alternative is that there could be a selection of candidates each with the right credentials but in varying degrees. It would then be a case of deciding the best overall candidate.

Nah, surely not – they haven’t interviewed me! :faf:

Jay
21-11-2011, 01:22 PM

My dad always says they should have a plan for a new manager sitting ready to go at all times- if the current one is good we are gonna lose him soon and if he is crap we will sack him :greengrin

basehibby
21-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Anyone think we might get a new Manager appointed in the next few days. I remember Calderwood's appt being confirmed on the Monday 2 weeks after Hughes dismissal.
Here's hoping!

Anyone's guess really, but I think that unless someone's totally knocked their socks off at interview, a decision will be put off until next week so as to give BB a chance to further prove his mettle while further interviews and investigations are carried out. He's only had one game so far and even if he didn't particularly impress in his 1st ever match as no1, it would not be unreasonable to give him another week in training/90mins in the hot seat to see if he can effect some sort of dramatic turnaround.

Stevie Reid
21-11-2011, 01:23 PM
I see stanjames have installed Dennis Wise to the betting at 12/1, new name who is out of work- do they know something we don't. Not my favourite character but possibly the kind of no nonsense manager we need in these times of trouble???

Probably the most interesting name mentioned so far for me - strange move to Newcastle stalled what had been a pretty impressive management career to that point: -

Dennis Wise

Leeds (http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1524)
24 Oct, 2006
28 Jan, 2008

Swindon (http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2519)
22 May, 2006
24 Oct, 2006

Millwall (http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1699)
15 Oct, 2003
09 May, 2005

Seems like a bit of an @rsehole but could be exactly the kind of manager that we need. Not ideal that he has been out of football for a while though.

scoopyboy
21-11-2011, 01:24 PM
My dad always says they should have a plan for a new manager sitting ready to go at all times- if the current one is good we are gonna lose him soon and if he is crap we will sack him :greengrin

Your old boy is correct, for exactly the reasons you have given.

matty_f
21-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Your old boy is correct, for exactly the reasons you have given.

I've long since said we need to get a managerial 'school' at the club and bring through successors. Similar to the boot room at Anfield, I think we could groom successors to the manager, keeping a consistency that means playing styles don't need to be altered, wholesale changes to playing and coaching staff don't need to happen, and we don't need to pay out to other clubs when the time comes to replace the manager.

JimBHibees
21-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Anyone's guess really, but I think that unless someone's totally knocked their socks off at interview, a decision will be put off until next week so as to give BB a chance to further prove his mettle while further interviews and investigations are carried out. He's only had one game so far and even if he didn't particularly impress in his 1st ever match as no1, it would not be unreasonable to give him another week in training/90mins in the hot seat to see if he can effect some sort of dramatic turnaround.

I would be amazed if Brown is being considered seriously in that he has never managed a team in his career and surely we arent basing a fundamental decision on one or two games when frequently a new man can get a short term bounce.

Speedway
21-11-2011, 01:38 PM
I've long since said we need to get a managerial 'school' at the club and bring through successors. Similar to the boot room at Anfield, I think we could groom successors to the manager, keeping a consistency that means playing styles don't need to be altered, wholesale changes to playing and coaching staff don't need to happen, and we don't need to pay out to other clubs when the time comes to replace the manager.

Nah, what we need is a goalkeeping school.

I'm looking forward to hounding out the new manager slightly before his first press conference.

Next manager after that, yer coat's on a shoogly. One after that, don't bother taking yer coat off.

frazeHFC
21-11-2011, 01:56 PM
That is a pretty good record Denis Wise has! :agree:

killie-hibby
21-11-2011, 02:55 PM

Hibs FC board are not clueless. We will have to wait maybe another week or two as the clubs solicitors are at this very moment in discussion with CC to buy from him the patent for his ingenious Sweetie Bag Job Decision and Recruitment System.

Walter
21-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Dennis Wise is the first name mentioned where I have thought.............YES

but how likely? i don't even know what he has been doing recently?

YehButNoBut
21-11-2011, 05:32 PM

@RodPetrie1875 (https://twitter.com/#%21/RodPetrie1875) Rod Petrie
I hope to make an announcement in the next couple of days, or failing that, later. :wink:

Tyler Durden
21-11-2011, 07:04 PM
I'd be delighted with Dennis Wise. When the board have talked about a real leader to unite behind and inspire the fans, he's exactly that type IMO. It does seem strange that he's not been back in a job down south since the Newcastle fiasco though, maybe he's lost interest.

From memory his teams played decent football too, something Gus Poyet has built on further since going it alone.

Kammy1875
21-11-2011, 08:53 PM
It will be Pat Fenlon. Will be announced tomorrow or Weds :aok:

Since90+2
21-11-2011, 09:01 PM

No it wont :wink:

SteveHFC
21-11-2011, 09:03 PM

Source??

thekaratekid
21-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Seems like a bit of an @rsehole but could be exactly the kind of manager that we need. Not ideal that he has been out of football for a while though.

I think he's still enjoying life in the executive world

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3943072/Dennis-Wise-rejoins-board-of-Chelsea-Pitch-Owners.html

(http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3943072/Dennis-Wise-rejoins-board-of-Chelsea-Pitch-Owners.html)Bobby Robson hated him for what he did to Newcastle.

YehButNoBut
21-11-2011, 09:06 PM

Oh yes it will, it is pantomime season................isn't it. :tee hee:

Eyrie
21-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Oh yes it will, it is pantomime season................isn't it. :tee hee:
It is at the Tynecastle Theatre :greengrin

Kammy1875
21-11-2011, 10:17 PM

Source??

Someone who advised me to stick as much as I have on this appointment this evening who I trust when it comes to Irish betting and now Paddy Power and Stan James have closed the books :wink:

Billy Whizz
22-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Do you think Hibs are waiting until Shamrock Rovers complete their Europa League campaign?
For someone so heavily linked, to have not had contact made, seems a bit fishy to me

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/european/early_runners_left_behind_in_race_for_the_hibs_hot _seat_1_1978106

killie-hibby
22-11-2011, 10:32 AM
From todays Daily Mail. "Bohemians manager Pat Fenlon expects to find out today if he has been successful in his bid to become the next Hibs boss."
Also says CC will be appointed today as Houghtons assistant.

greenlex
22-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Do you think Hibs are waiting until Shamrock Rovers complete their Europa League campaign?
For someone so heavily linked, to have not had contact made, seems a bit fishy to me

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/european/early_runners_left_behind_in_race_for_the_hibs_hot _seat_1_1978106

I think we will wait till Calderwood is off the books.

SouthMoroccoStu
22-11-2011, 11:23 AM
Someone who advised me to stick as much as I have on this appointment this evening who I trust when it comes to Irish betting and now Paddy Power and Stan James have closed the books :wink:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Exciting time isn't it?!?!

ScottB
22-11-2011, 11:31 AM

That assumes the Scotsman are right in their assertion and O'Neill isn't simply saying that because he's in the build up to a big match...

flash
22-11-2011, 12:17 PM

I concur. 3 year deal i reckon.

Chuck Rhoades
22-11-2011, 12:23 PM
All betting closed apparently. Fenlon to be announced tomorrow. Underwhelmed once again.

Www1875hfc
22-11-2011, 12:33 PM
So Can We Sing Paddy Fenlon's Fenian Army :devil:

Nothing like showing ambition eh? Still if it is Pat Fenlon,we the fans need to start getting behind him and the players from here on in.

Petrie's Tache
22-11-2011, 12:38 PM
If it is Fenlon, I wont be able to hide my dissapointment.:hide:

frazeHFC
22-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Having never heard of him bar wiki, i will not judge him now. Plus guys like McCall etc who i would never have wanted at Hibs have done great at 'Well in his case, so you never know. :agree:

Andy74
22-11-2011, 12:40 PM
So Can We Sing Paddy Fenlon's Fenian Army :devil:

Nothing like showing ambition eh? Still if it is Pat Fenlon,we the fans need to start getting behind him and the players from here on in.

How many more trophies do we expect our new manager to have won?

I'm not sure what appointment would constitute ambition?

It's all about whatever the new guy can bring to the club, not how much we know about them. I keep going back to the Mowbray appointment. I felt a bit let down until I heard him speak and then saw what his teams could produce.

I've watched a few YouTube clips of Fenlon and he sounds exactly what we are looking for to me.

Might not be him of course but I'd be happy enough if it was. He's certainly achieved more than O'Neill so far although he didn't play for us.

Dibben
22-11-2011, 12:45 PM

It's all about whatever the new guy can bring to the club, not how much we know about them. I keep going back to the Mowbray appointment. I felt a bit let down until I heard him speak and then saw what his teams could produce.

I've watched a few YouTube clips of Fenlon and he sounds exactly what we are looking for to me.

Might not be him of course but I'd be happy enough if it was. He's certainly achieved more than O'Neill so far although he didn't play for us.

:agree:

California-Hibs
22-11-2011, 12:47 PM

Exactly what ive done and these are also my thoughts. :agree:

ScottB
22-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Looking forward to the torrent of 'where's the ambition' type posts, quite what the phrase is supposed to represent, who knows.

Just because we may be appointing a name we haven't heard of, doesn't mean it's the Board being tight, or not matching some folks idea of ambition, it means they have appointed who they believe to be the best man for the job.

At the end of the day, none of us knew who Tony Mowbray was, everyone had heard of Colin Calderwood. How about we give the relentless negativity a rest and see what the guy can actually do, rather than preparing to boo the guys first press conference.

Posh Swanny
22-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Some people on here make me laugh. If Jose Mourinho was announced there'd be folk whinging about his lack of SPL experience but that they hope he proves them wrong and that they would give him time. The current standard of the SPL and its imbalances will limit the calibre of manager any club is able to attract. Look at the other managers in the SPL at the moment - would any of them have increased the "whelmed" factor? McCoist and Lennon included! Stuart McCall's previous managerial experience was to take one of England's bigger clubs to the brink of relegation from the football league. Hibs look like they may have sealed the deal for a manager who Peterborough didn't even get close to agreeing terms with a couple of years back so, if it is Fenlon, he won't be coming cheap.

Golden Bear
22-11-2011, 01:07 PM
It's all ifs and buts at the moment but if the new Manager does turn out to be Pat Fenlon then I'll not be elated, disappointed, underwhelmed or whatever.

I've no idea who actually applied for the job or who was on the short list so I've no basis to compare what could have been.

In any case ------- if it is you Pat then all the best in your new career as you'll certainly need it!

GloryGlory
22-11-2011, 01:17 PM
It's all ifs and buts at the moment but if the new Manager does turn out to be Pat Fenlon then I'll not be elated, disappointed, underwhelmed or whatever.

I've no idea who actually applied for the job or who was on the short list so I've no basis to compare what could have been.

In any case ------- if it is you Pat then all the best in your new career as you'll certainly need it!

:agree: Whoever the new man is, he doesn't have a lot to work with.

Whoever it is will get my support and a chance to show what he can do.

Kammy1875
22-11-2011, 05:45 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Exciting time isn't it?!?!

It is if you have stuck a fair wedge on him at 4/5 yesterday :wink:

Kammy1875
22-11-2011, 05:46 PM
I concur. 3 year deal i reckon.

No idea on that flash, no inside info or whatever. Good appointment though if it's true.

HibeeMG
22-11-2011, 05:50 PM

Agreed 100%

Beefster
22-11-2011, 05:59 PM

This sort of idea only works well if things are going well (like Liverpool in the 70's/80's). I definitely would not have wanted someone appointed from within after Miller, Williamson, Mixu, Hughes or Calderwood were binned. In fact, I actively want the coaching team 'refreshed' this time.

On topic, if it is Fenlon, he'll get my backing but I'm not going to pretend that he's not another disappointing appointment (for me). Hibs haven't appointed someone inspirational since Collins (again, for me).

Eyrie
22-11-2011, 08:27 PM
I knew nothing about Fenlon until he was linked with us and that Bohs fan gave us some background.

He may not be the big name or former fan favourite, but he has a good track record and is looking to prove himself at a higher level. So he'll have my backing unless there is a run of bad results and performances next season. He gets a mulligan for this year given the standard of the squad he inherits.

As regards inspiration, I want him to inspire the players and not any of us. We'll hopefully get inspired by the results.

SteveHFC
22-11-2011, 08:30 PM

Looks like you were right :wink:

Kammy1875
23-11-2011, 12:13 AM
Looks like you were right :wink:

:greengrin

H18sry
23-11-2011, 11:43 AM
thefootyblognet Scott Johnston
So I am hearing Jack Charlton for Hibs.. Stories coming from Ireland... Will @ScotFootBlog RT this?
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Retweeted by ScotFootBlog

Thats a strange one

YehButNoBut
23-11-2011, 11:50 AM
So I am hearing Jack Charlton for Hibs.. Stories coming from Ireland... Will @ScotFootBlog RT this?

Thats a strange one

Another strange one :greengrin

@Edinjag (https://twitter.com/#%21/Edinjag) Tom Hogg
News from Ireland. Trappatoni is the news #Hibs (https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Hibs) manager.

Andy74
23-11-2011, 11:56 AM
I think we now know its not Strachan. Reported today that he turned down an advisor role at Celtic due to not agreeing terms. The article was quoting his lucrative TV work and the fact he would have had to move back to Scotland as factors.

hibiedude
23-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Players chioce seems to be Billy Brown and some thinking he might get the St Johnstone game and before somebody asks my source- I was in the company with a couple of the players recently.

Just my opinion but early next week might be when we find out who the next manager is.

stubru59
23-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Players chioce seems to be Billy Brown and some thinking he might get the St Johnstone game and before somebody asks my source- I was in the company with a couple of the players recently.

Just my opinion but early next week might be when we find out who the next manager is.

Never a good sign.

Sammy7nil
23-11-2011, 12:16 PM
No inside info only rumours I have heard.

Shortlist down to 3 Pat Fenlon is the frontrunner 2 interviews conducted down south yesterday.
Names of the other 2 I heard it may have been Bruce Rioch, Paul Sturrock or Adey Boothroyd.

In other words I have no idea. :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Bayern Bru
23-11-2011, 12:17 PM
No inside info only rumours I have heard.

Shortlist down to 3 Pat Fenlon is the frontrunner 2 interviews conducted down south yesterday.
Names of the other 2 I heard it may have been Bruce Rioch, Paul Sturrock or Adey Boothroyd.

In other words I have no idea. :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Thanks for that.
I am also in a position to reveal that the new Hibs manager could be anyone. :agree::greengrin

HiBremian
23-11-2011, 12:35 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Fenlon

Wiki gun-jumping?

hibiedude
23-11-2011, 12:38 PM
A couple of weeks ago M O'Neil looked a good bet now Pat Fenlon seems to be the bookies Fav I would still not rule out BB

hibsbollah
23-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Players chioce seems to be Billy Brown and some thinking he might get the St Johnstone game and before somebody asks my source- I was in the company with a couple of the players recently. Just my opinion but early next week might be when we find out who the next manager is.I'd rather appoint the man the players DIDN'T want.

down the slope
23-11-2011, 12:42 PM
I'd rather appoint the man the players DIDN'T want.
I just wish they would appoint someone soon !, we are sleepwalking to relegation and i know the club must get the choice correct but we have to start winning now.

scoopyboy
23-11-2011, 12:46 PM

I've watched a few YouTube clips of Fenlon and he sounds exactly what we are looking for to me. Might not be him of course but I'd be happy enough if it was. He's certainly achieved more than O'Neill so far although he didn't play for us.

I've not been as thorough, ie not listened to his interviews but the general consensus is he would be what we are looking for.

Nobody that we appoint will universally accepted due to budget limitations, so he will probably be as good a bet to succeed as anybody else.

IWasThere2016
23-11-2011, 12:49 PM
I've not been as thorough, ie not listened to his interviews but the general consensus is he would be what we are looking for.

Nobody that we appoint will universally accepted due to budget limitations, so he will probably be as good a bet to succeed as anybody else.

:agree:

ScottB
23-11-2011, 12:50 PM

Thats a strange one

From the looks of it that Twitter seems to be firing out the name of every manager in Ireland, lot of nonsense.

Speedway
23-11-2011, 02:07 PM
I am currently hearing 'Voices'.

Never heard of him, is he French?

Aldo
23-11-2011, 02:18 PM
I am currently hearing 'Voices'.

Never heard of him, is he French?

As my other reply.

You sniff enough Vim you'll hear voices?

Bayern Bru
23-11-2011, 02:34 PM
From the looks of it that Twitter seems to be firing out the name of every manager in Ireland, lot of nonsense.

Woosh.

Billy Whizz
23-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Here's hoping!

Well maybe just a few days out then

Hibbyradge
25-11-2011, 12:10 PM

:smug: