PDA

View Full Version : Club Policy

DarlingtonHibee
20-11-2011, 07:24 PM
The club has been updating us on the search for a new manager - although it just states that it is ongoing, which I have no problem with - we need to find the right guy.

So, why oh why are players (Ian Murray and Lewis Stevenson) speaking to the press backing BB.

I have no issue with BB, but I wish the players would stay out of the press regarding this - it is not their role.

Jack
20-11-2011, 07:38 PM
I would think its as much to do with the questions they are asked. Without knowing who the next manager is going to be what are they to say when asked that question?

DarlingtonHibee
20-11-2011, 07:44 PM
I would think its as much to do with the questions they are asked. Without knowing who the next manager is going to be what are they to say when asked that question?

Jack - in my view it should be "no comment". This is what the club policy is - we will make no comment, until we have something to say.

Ian also quoted yesterday stating we should be capebul of a top 4 finish - I just don't think it helps at this time - only my opinion though :greengrin

Billy Whizz
20-11-2011, 07:48 PM
I wonder if he's saying this to be BB's assistant if he gets the job!

Jack
20-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Jack - in my view it should be "no comment". This is what the club policy is - we will make no comment, until we have something to say.Ian also quoted yesterday stating we should be capebul of a top 4 finish - I just don't think it helps at this time - only my opinion though :greengrin You're maybe right but its probably very difficult when being set about by the press. I suspect most players will be more than happy just to get it over with. . Of course they could have followed CCs lead and been perhaps a tad too honest and said he's *****e which would have made next week training a tad awkward :-DI think on balance its maybe right to be positive about the status quo.

clerriehibs
20-11-2011, 07:57 PM
So long as the players are not being derogatory about their employers, I don't have an issue with them having an opinion and giving it. Essentially, it means nothing anyway - whilst BB is in charge, the players will always say positive things about him.

To start gagging the players ... nah, that's one of the things we ridicule roamingoff for at swyney.

DarlingtonHibee
20-11-2011, 08:02 PM
So long as the players are not being derogatory about their employers, I don't have an issue with them having an opinion and giving it. Essentially, it means nothing anyway - whilst BB is in charge, the players will always say positive things about him.

To start gagging the players ... nah, that's one of the things we ridicule roamingoff for at swyney.

Im not saying gag the players at all.

Scouse Hibee
20-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Im not saying gag the players at all.

Not allowed to talk to the press at my work or else!