PDA

View Full Version : Next 5 League games - Can't see us picking up too many (if any) points !

The Voice Of Reason
20-11-2011, 05:58 PM
St Johnstone v Hibernian
Motherwell v Hibernian
Hibernian v Rangers
Aberdeen v Hibernian
Dundee Utd v Hibernian

4 out of 5 away games......and with having the huns at home, I can honestly see us losing the lot ! :boo hoo:

Granted, a new manager may give us a shot in the arm, but the sad fact is that he will inherit a bunch of spineless goons who severely lack in leadership, pace, fitness and ability.

It is not looking good men. :boo hoo:

Billy Whizz
20-11-2011, 05:59 PM
St Johnstone v Hibernian
Motherwell v Hibernian
Hibernian v Rangers
Aberdeen v Hibernian
Dundee Utd v Hibernian

4 out of 5 away games......and with having the huns at home, I can honestly see us losing the lot ! :boo hoo:

Granted, a new manager may give us a shot in the arm, but the sad fact is that he will inherit a bunch of spineless goons who severely lack in leadership, pace, fitness and ability.

Haven't looked at the stats but i wonder if we've picked up more points away from home than at home this season?

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 06:00 PM
That's one scary round of fixtures.

At the very least we need to get the organisation of the side on track. Then hopefully some confidence from a win or 2.

Good luck to whoever is in charge though.

murray26
20-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Probaly not a bad thing 4 of the 5 are away, and if we appoint the right man we might get a wee lift, however am not to bothered i would prefer a relegation battle rather than the tedium of the end of last season.

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Probaly not a bad thing 4 of the 5 are away, and if we appoint the right man we might get a wee lift, however am not to bothered i would prefer a relegation battle rather than the tedium of the end of last season.

Agreed, lets all **** ourself at the prospect of relegation and financial disaster just for a wee bit of a laugh and enjoyment eh :taxi

Dashing Bob S
20-11-2011, 06:09 PM
That's one scary round of fixtures.

At the very least we need to get the organisation of the side on track. Then hopefully some confidence from a win or 2.

Good luck to whoever is in charge though.

The fact that those forthcoming games against absolutely rubbish nonentities fill us trepidation to the extent they can be viewed as 'scary', shows me how far we've fallen. But that's exactly what they are for this garbage team we've got. We urgently need a new manager with a game plan and who can bring a couple of talented, committed players and indetify some youngsters who are ready to step up.

Then that round of fixtures would become what they be for a club like Hibs - a cakewalk.

AFKA5814_Hibs
20-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Haven't looked at the stats but i wonder if we've picked up more points away from home than at home this season? 6 points at home/ 8 away and we've played one more game at home.

murray26
20-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Agreed, lets all **** ourself at the prospect of relegation and financial disaster just for a wee bit of a laugh and enjoyment eh :taxi

A repeat of last year would see crowds of less the 5000, nobody was interested after the 2-2 derby, that was practically our last game of the season, a good relegation battle would raise the interest and see decent crowds, as for finnancial disaster dont make me laugh, RP must have a good few quid tucked away.

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 06:14 PM
The fact that those forthcoming games against absolutely rubbish nonentities fill us trepidation to the extent they can be viewed as 'scary', shows me how far we've fallen. But that's exactly what they are for this garbage team we've got. We urgently need a new manager with a game plan and who can bring a couple of talented, committed players and indetify some youngsters who are ready to step up.

Then that round of fixtures would become what they be for a club like Hibs - a cakewalk.

Yep. Spot on. :aok:

Billy Whizz
20-11-2011, 06:14 PM
6 points at home/ 8 away and we've played one more game at home.

Interesting so with 4 out of the next 5 away from home, this should be fruitful

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 06:15 PM
A repeat of last year would see crowds of less the 5000, nobody was interested after the 2-2 derby, that was practically our last game of the season, a good relegation battle would raise the interest and see decent crowds, as for finnancial disaster dont make me laugh, RP must have a good few quid tucked away.

Ok then champ, it wouldn't be a financial disaster budgeting for the SPL next season then being relegated to the SFL. Nice yin. :aok:

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-11-2011, 06:16 PM
The crucial game out of that list is Aberdeen away. If we beat them on their own patch it would be a more significant achievement that beating Rangers at home.

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 06:18 PM
The crucial game out of that list is Aberdeen away. If we beat them on their own patch it would be a more significant achievement that beating Rangers at home.

Cold pishy day trip up to Aberdeen, tanked up with the lads before lunch time followed by a humping I think. :jamboak:

seven nowt
20-11-2011, 06:19 PM
How is this a difficult set of fixtures? It's not easy 4 hard games away from home but come on? A club like Hibs shouldn't be thinking as negatively as this. Difficult, but it could be worse

brog
20-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Ok then champ, it wouldn't be a financial disaster budgeting for the SPL next season then being relegated to the SFL. Nice yin. :aok:

It wasn't a financial disaster last time round. Our gates were actually higher in many cases, from memory 14-15,000 against Raith & Falkirk. We also returned to the top flight refreshed & invigorated with an enthusiastic & committed support. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating relegation but, providing it's one season only it need not be a financial disaster.

murray26
20-11-2011, 06:20 PM

Sorry mate just my opinion, i feel our club is slowly dying in a pool of boredum and mediocrity, the board need a wake up call before its to late, theres more and more fans not renewing year after year but there seems no obvious plan to stop them, its hard to watch.

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 06:25 PM
It wasn't a financial disaster last time round. Our gates were actually higher in many cases, from memory 14-15,000 against Raith & Falkirk. We also returned to the top flight refreshed & invigorated with an enthusiastic & committed support. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating relegation but, providing it's one season only it need not be a financial disaster.

People had more money to spend back then.

GJP accumulated a good team bought with decent ££ that got us into even further financial trouble back then.

We gambled and won the battle but lost the war when he left and we were in the ****ter.

What happens if we go down, spend loads and not come right back up bearing in mind we would have to be the worst side in the league to go down?

It would be a complete disaster, in a period where we are in a financial recession to go down this season. In my opinion mind.

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Sorry mate just my opinion, i feel our club is slowly dying in a pool of boredum and mediocrity, the board need a wake up call before its to late, theres more and more fans not renewing year after year but there seems no obvious plan to stop them, its hard to watch.

I do too mate. That's why the next man coming in needs to be the right guy with the correct ideas and is allowed to build a management and football team of his own.

Going down or gambling for a wee thrill or two isn't the way in my eyes. :aok:

murray26
20-11-2011, 06:32 PM
I do too mate. That's why the next man coming in needs to be the right guy with the correct ideas and is allowed to build a management and football team of his own.

Going down or gambling for a wee thrill or two isn't the way in my eyes. :aok:

Fair enough, which makes the next appointment the biggest in Rods Hibs career passing the buck to Hyndland or Lyndsay wont wash with me or quite few others i would guess.

The Voice Of Reason
20-11-2011, 08:26 PM
How is this a difficult set of fixtures? It's not easy 4 hard games away from home but come on? A club like Hibs shouldn't be thinking as negatively as this. Difficult, but it could be worse

Your sentiments are correct. :agree:

However, as Dashing Bob S says, it IS a difficult set of games because of the dross we have playing for us (a bunch of gutless, spineless, slow, unfit goons).

Dreadful state of affairs, another total clearout required. We are in serious danger of going down. Dunfermline (the whipping boys in most peoples eyes) recently beat us at "Fortress Easter Rd" for christ sake.

Take a bow Calderwood and Rodders.

iwasthere1972
20-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Our form and results are better away from Easter Road so no reason to be too pessimistic.

If we can keep clean sheets and score goals then we will win games. FACT

Eyrie
20-11-2011, 10:24 PM
If we can keep clean sheets and score goals then we will win games. FACT
There is only one small flaw in your logic - we don't have enough decent players to achieve either of those.

blackpoolhibs
20-11-2011, 10:26 PM
Even if we had a good side and were doing well, 4 away games against those teams, and a home game against the huns would be a difficult 5 games.

With the dross we have, it does not look good. 6 points would be a great return from those games, any more would be a bonus imo.

Sir David Gray
20-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Even if we had a good side and were doing well, 4 away games against those teams, and a home game against the huns would be a difficult 5 games.

With the dross we have, it does not look good. 6 points would be a great return from those games, any more would be a bonus imo.

Considering we've averaged less than 1 point per game so far this season, six points from those five games would be fantastic.

I really don't see us winning any of those matches at the moment. As someone said earlier, perhaps the new manager will help to give us a boost but that's really all I'm pinning my hopes on to be honest. The squad we have is just dire.

I can see us getting a maximum of 4 points from those fixtures.

surreyhibbie
20-11-2011, 10:51 PM

:agree: Exactly. We should be confident of winning most of those games. Shows how far we have fallen..

Craig_in_Prague
21-11-2011, 07:34 AM
We'll lose in Perth, that's a nap.

As others have said though, it's pretty sad (and depressing) that almost any fixture now looks very difficult for Hibs. Hopefully playing away will help, as we've picked up some points I would not have expected away as well as got through in the cup at Motherwell (albeit pens), whilst most performances away appear to have been acceptable.... so all in all maybe we'll get some 'shock' wins...... But on paper it looks like it could easily be 5 defeats.

Over to you, New manager.

nortonhibby
21-11-2011, 09:30 AM
St Johnstone v Hibernian
Motherwell v Hibernian
Hibernian v Rangers
Aberdeen v Hibernian
Dundee Utd v Hibernian

Any new incoming manager would not like to start off with these fixtures i can see BB Being left in command till after the Dundee United game after which the new man will enter commence his reign.

brog
21-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Other than the 1-0 loss at Ibrox, our last away defeat was at Yams 3 months ago. In that time we've won at St M, drew at Dunfermline, Celtic & Well ( LC). These are all better results than our home fixtures against the same teams ( lost the lot! ) so what's to fear? We lack creativity & that's what does us at home but we have a chance away when a team's attacking us & we can hit on the break. Also the away support are far more likely to encourage the team than the home support who groan at the first misplaced pass. 6 points is well within our reach!!

Judas Iscariot
21-11-2011, 10:00 AM
R
E
L
E
G
A
T
I
O
N

:boo hoo:

greenlex
21-11-2011, 10:31 AM
We will start with at least a point at the weekend.
Nothing at fir park
Beat Rangers
Beat aberdeen and take a point at The Arabs.
Thats 8 points. It will be enough to take us into tbe top six.

cabbageandribs1875
21-11-2011, 10:34 AM
this means hertz will be able to get more cash with four home games dammit :boo hoo:

silverhibee
21-11-2011, 02:52 PM
We will start with at least a point at the weekend.
Nothing at fir park
Beat Rangers
Beat aberdeen and take a point at The Arabs.
Thats 8 points. It will be enough to take us into tbe top six.

Hitting the bevvy a bit early on in the morning Lex. :greengrin

seven nowt
21-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Your sentiments are correct. :agree:

However, as Dashing Bob S says, it IS a difficult set of games because of the dross we have playing for us (a bunch of gutless, spineless, slow, unfit goons).

Dreadful state of affairs, another total clearout required. We are in serious danger of going down. Dunfermline (the whipping boys in most peoples eyes) recently beat us at "Fortress Easter Rd" for christ sake.

Take a bow Calderwood and Rodders.

Ofcourse we are a poor team right now. It's the mentality of our players and supporters I disagree with.

The Voice Of Reason
21-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Ofcourse we are a poor team right now. It's the mentality of our players and supporters I disagree with.

What do you mean by "the mentalty of the supporters" ?

We have been dross for long enough now, the supporters are simply facing up to the reality of that !!! No?

HFC 0-7
21-11-2011, 04:50 PM

So you agree that we are poor just now, what you dont agree with, is the fans mentality where they accept that the coming fixtures will be hard, when in reality thats exactly what they will be - Hard! I am all for positivity, but there is no point be positive when we know the games will be hard.

weecounty hibby
21-11-2011, 06:50 PM
St Johnstone v Hibernian
Motherwell v Hibernian
Hibernian v Rangers
Aberdeen v Hibernian
Dundee Utd v Hibernian

Bit defeatist really isn't it. Lets be honest we are not all that good at the moment BUT.
St Johnstone could get a point as they also aren't all that great.
Motherwell are doing ok so may struggle to get anything there.
Ditto for the Huns.
But c'mon Aberdeen are even worse than us, that could be three points.
Utd are hot and cold, it was only a couple of weeks ago that Houston was almost out of a job, so point there as well.

Five points out of that lot, maybe even more
:flag:

Rossco1875
21-11-2011, 06:54 PM
St Johnstone v Hibernian win
Motherwell v Hibernian draw
Hibernian v Rangers lose
Aberdeen v Hibernian win
Dundee Utd v Hibernian draw

The Voice Of Reason
26-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Oh well, surprise surprise........one game down and a grand total of Nil points !

I can't see this bunch of gutless, spineless, talentless goons picking up many (if any) points in the next 4 games......new manager or not :grr:

Please prove me wrong Hibs. :pray:

The Voice Of Reason
11-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Update - now 2 games played and zero points on the board (granted, we were unlucky against Motherwell for the game to be abandoned :grr:).

Massive relegation battle 6 pointer coming up at Pittodrie next......:worried:

LancashireHibby
11-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Just watched the highlights of the Aberdeen-St Mirren game online and we certainly won't have it all our own way next week. On first viewing you'd think Aberdeen collapsed to only get a 2-2 draw after being 2-0 up, but they had a nailed on penalty turned down in the first half and St Mirren's first goal looked very much like a handball. Absolute peach of an equaliser though :agree:

The Voice Of Reason
12-12-2011, 06:58 AM
Just watched the highlights of the Aberdeen-St Mirren game online and we certainly won't have it all our own way next week. On first viewing you'd think Aberdeen collapsed to only get a 2-2 draw after being 2-0 up, but they had a nailed on penalty turned down in the first half and St Mirren's first goal looked very much like a handball. Absolute peach of an equaliser though :agree:

Agreed re Aberdeen - I think they will beat us at Pittodrie this weekend. :duck:

Yeah, it was some free kick - the lad has scored a few like that :agree:

Phil MaGlass
12-12-2011, 08:56 AM
Hibs 3 Dons 1.
3 points.
thats only if we play with two up front mind....

The Voice Of Reason
17-12-2011, 06:42 PM
St Johnstone v Hibernian - LOSS
Motherwell v Hibernian - ABANDONED (Unlucky for us)
Hibernian v Rangers - LOSS
Aberdeen v Hibernian - LOSS
Dundee Utd v Hibernian

My prediction of us losing all of the games is sadly coming true (we unfortunately need to rule out the Motherwell game).

Unless we can win at Tannadice of course........:pray:

nortonhibby
18-12-2011, 10:49 AM
St Johnstone v Hibernian - LOSS
Motherwell v Hibernian - ABANDONED (Unlucky for us)
Hibernian v Rangers - LOSS
Aberdeen v Hibernian - LOSS
Dundee Utd v Hibernian

My prediction of us losing all of the games is sadly coming true (we unfortunately need to rule out the Motherwell game).

Unless we can win at Tannadice of course........:pray:

We were unlucky with the Motherwell game being abandoned i think we can get a nil nil draw at Tannadice we need to start to pick up points soon though.

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2011, 11:53 AM
We were unlucky with the Motherwell game being abandoned i think we can get a nil nil draw at Tannadice we need to start to pick up points soon though.

We lose very soft goals most weeks, i cant remember our last 0-0 game. I'd put money on there being goals scored at tannadice.

Dashing Bob S
18-12-2011, 12:46 PM
We lose very soft goals most weeks, i cant remember our last 0-0 game. I'd put money on there being goals scored at tannadice.

I agree and sadly most of them will be scored by players wearing Tangerine jerseys.

nortonhibby
18-12-2011, 01:58 PM

PFs first job is to get the team to keep clean sheets he and BB Will be working hard to sort this problem keep it tight and hit them with a couple of breakaway goals would do me.

MWHIBBIES
18-12-2011, 02:03 PM
We lose very soft goals most weeks, i cant remember our last 0-0 game. I'd put money on there being goals scored at tannadice.Aberdeen this season at ER?

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2011, 02:07 PM
PFs first job is to get the team to keep clean sheets he and BB Will be working hard to sort this problem keep it tight and hit them with a couple of breakaway goals would do me.

Good luck with that Pat, i dont think he has a hope in hells chance with this bunch of crap. If he can bring better in during the window then perhaps, but not with this dross imo.

nortonhibby
18-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Good luck with that Pat, i dont think he has a hope in hells chance with this bunch of crap. If he can bring better in during the window then perhaps, but not with this dross imo.

Do you think the morale/ team spirit is low and could be contributing to the problem ? on paper we have good football players but it all seems to fall apart on match days.
Even under CC He would always say how great the players looked in training but come match day it was as if they never knew each other.

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Do you think the morale/ team spirit is low and could be contributing to the problem ? on paper we have good football players but it all seems to fall apart on match days.
Even under CC He would always say how great the players looked in training but come match day it was as if they never knew each other.

No i dont think thats the real problem, though will concede team spirit could be low. IMO we have a squad or dross, and thats the major reason we are crap.

nortonhibby
18-12-2011, 02:26 PM
No i dont think thats the real problem, though will concede team spirit could be low. IMO we have a squad or dross, and thats the major reason we are crap.

The problem PF Has then is he must turn this squad around and get more out of them than what CC Could, there are so many differing views on this some say we need lots of new players in the window it be like starting from scratch again which could make the problems worse having said that if PF Cant improve what we have bringing in new players would be vital.

A Couple of back to back wins would help though and soon please.

Sammy7nil
18-12-2011, 02:42 PM

This is how bad things have become we are hoping for a NIL NIL :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Voice Of Reason
18-12-2011, 07:50 PM

:agree: Nail on head.

I hope the players are proud of being bottom of the worst SPL in years ! :grr:

The Voice Of Reason
24-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Bit defeatist really isn't it. Lets be honest we are not all that good at the moment BUT.
St Johnstone could get a point as they also aren't all that great.
Motherwell are doing ok so may struggle to get anything there.
Ditto for the Huns.
But c'mon Aberdeen are even worse than us, that could be three points.
Utd are hot and cold, it was only a couple of weeks ago that Houston was almost out of a job, so point there as well.

Five points out of that lot, maybe even more
:flag:

Oh well, a grand total of ZERO POINTS as predicted.

Do you still think I was being "defeatist" or will you now concede I was being realistic ?!?!?

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Hard to see where the next point is coming from, god bless East Mains, New Stand etc. Meanwhile, I see "Edinburghs joke team" won again!

The Voice Of Reason
24-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Hard to see where the next point is coming from, god bless East Mains, New Stand etc. Meanwhile, I see "Edinburghs joke team" won again!

My feelings exactly! :agree:

Bet the Hearts players and fans can't wait for the derby.....I am dreading it and have been for some time.

nortonhibby
24-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Oh well, a grand total of ZERO POINTS as predicted.

Do you still think I was being "defeatist" or will you now concede I was being realistic ?!?!?

You got it right can i ask your predictions for the next 5 games please ? i fancy a 10 pound roll up and you seem to be pretty good at this predicting game results game.

Might as well make some money out of the misery.

The Voice Of Reason
24-12-2011, 06:34 PM
You got it right can i ask your predictions for the next 5 games please ? i fancy a 10 pound roll up and you seem to be pretty good at this predicting game results game.

Might as well make some money out of the misery.

David Blunkett could see that we are murder, so with the current bunch of useless goons we could quite easily lose the next 5 games also = ZERO POINTS !

Hopefully we can ship a few out (although who would take them?!?!?) and bring some new blood in, so there perhaps is a bit of hope for the future ????? :worried::worried::worried: