PDA

View Full Version : NHC Graeme Souness........

lyonhibs
20-11-2011, 06:38 PM
is a horrible Hun bassa who I want nowhere near Easter Road.

But this isn't yet another "who will the new manager be" thread. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed just how much he visibly despises Jamie Redknapp when they do analysis together on Sky Sports??

Such sneering contempt and dismissive attitude of Redknapp's opinion is frankly refreshing to see, as I can't stand the bland, "rent-a-quote" gob*****e either!!!

smurf
20-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Why is he a '..horrible hun bassa'?

I think he's an articulate Scot that is enjoyable to listen to.

Wish we had a player like him on the park?

Eyrie
20-11-2011, 06:58 PM

1986 and all that.

lyonhibs
20-11-2011, 07:00 PM

I think he's an articulate Scot that is enjoyable to listen to.

Wish we had a player like him on the park?

I think he's a decent pundit and we'd kill to have someone with half his drive and skill on the pitch. Doesn't stop him being a '...horrible hun bassa' IMO

Back to the main point of the thread though - good to see a pundit be honest and up-front with his opinions :agree:

Jack
20-11-2011, 07:01 PM
There will always be room at my table for Jamie ... so long as he brings his wife :-)

smurf
20-11-2011, 07:01 PM
1986 and all that.

Aye he got sent off the dirty sod. And we beat them 2-1! Still don't think that's reason to hate the man!

smurf
20-11-2011, 07:03 PM
There will always be room at my table for Jamie ... so long as he brings his wife :-)

She must be getting bored of him by now...

frazeHFC
20-11-2011, 07:03 PM
What did he say in particular to annoy you?

Gerard
20-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Aye he got sent off the dirty sod. And we beat them 2-1! Still don't think that's reason to hate the man!

I want Hibs to win games and silverware. That is the most important thing to me not who is the manager; and where he came from.
G

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-11-2011, 07:07 PM
I don't think that he has anything against Redknapp in particular. You can see him getting tectchy in a panel situation as he seems not to be able to grasp why you would need anyone else's opinion when he is there.

smurf
20-11-2011, 07:08 PM
I want Hibs to win games and silverware. That is the most important thing to me not who is the manager; and where he came from.
G

Indeed and although its not going to happen I would gladly see him as our manager.

PatHead
20-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Indeed and although its not going to happen I would gladly see him as our manager.

I'd gladly see him in the middle of our midfield. even now!!!!!!!!!!

skipster7
20-11-2011, 07:16 PM

to be fair ,a guy at my work was doing his best to convice fellow Hibbys that Souness had been seen at ER last week:greengrin

smurf
20-11-2011, 07:17 PM
I'd gladly see him in the middle of our midfield. even now!!!!!!!!!!

Not half.

snooky
20-11-2011, 07:26 PM
is a horrible Hun bassa who I want nowhere near Easter Road.

But this isn't yet another "who will the new manager be" thread. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed just how much he visibly despises Jamie Redknapp when they do analysis together on Sky Sports??

Such sneering contempt and dismissive attitude of Redknapp's opinion is frankly refreshing to see, as I can't stand the bland, "rent-a-quote" gob*****e either!!!

Say what you like about him, the man had the bottle to face the possibility of starting WW3 with their supporters when he signed MoJo.
If ever the day arrives when RFC become non-sectarian (ha ha), GS should be applauded for laying the first brick.

Cool_Hand_Luke
20-11-2011, 07:51 PM
I've always thought he was quite good when on the panel in the studio, honest and not afraid to say what he thinks

Souness Laughing At Lennon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQiEdkD4CdE)

TheEastTerrace
20-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Think Souness is a decent pundit. When Tevez threw his hissy in Munich, Souness went up in my estimations that night and got stuck into the cry baby. Totally called it as it was.

Scouse Hibee
20-11-2011, 08:22 PM
to be fair ,a guy at my work was doing his best to convice fellow Hibbys that Souness had been seen at ER last week:greengrin

Probably because he was in Edinburgh last week!

basehibby
20-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Say what you like about him, the man had the bottle to face the possibility of starting WW3 with their supporters when he signed MoJo.
If ever the day arrives when RFC become non-sectarian (ha ha), GS should be applauded for laying the first brick.

:agree: Great point - I think Souness did Rangers a massive favour cutting through all that pish and I think you could state with some certainty that he is in no way a bigotted individual. It was some of the leg breaking challenges that Souness put in as a player that put me off him as a person though. Would I take him as Hibs manager right now though? abso-f***ing-lutely!

Irish_Steve
20-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Wasnt Souness manager at Liverpool when Jamie Rednapp played there?? Probably still miffed at the amount of time Jamie spent on the treatment table lol

Sylar
20-11-2011, 10:17 PM

Some folk aren't half easy pleased - every time I see that irritating anorexic troll on Something For The Weekend, I hope either Tim Lovejoy or Simon Rimmer put the many available utensils to use around her neck.

Future17
20-11-2011, 10:19 PM
I like Souness, but I can understand people who don't.

I don't think he particularly despised Redpegs - he just has a hatred of idiots.

Thought he was funny when interrupted by the presenter after the game earlier - he was mid-flow talking about Mata and was asked to explain what happened when Glen Johnson got dragged away from the ball by John Terry's run while it was being shown clearly on screen and just came out with "well what is it you want me to explain?!?" :greengrin

surreyhibbie
20-11-2011, 11:18 PM

A fine wee lass, lived in Oxted at one time, and yes, she is a cracker in the flesh...so to speak!

greenginger
20-11-2011, 11:36 PM

Terry Butcher now 3/1 for the job should have been sent off too ! but I would'nt be that upset if he got the gig . :wink:

ManBearPig
21-11-2011, 07:24 PM
:agree: Great point - I think Souness did Rangers a massive favour cutting through all that pish and I think you could state with some certainty that he is in no way a bigotted individual. It was some of the leg breaking challenges that Souness put in as a player that put me off him as a person though. Would I take him as Hibs manager right now though? abso-f***ing-lutely!

couldnt agree more the man was a visionary. I am a toon follower as well and remember what happened with souness at the magpies. Essentially his hands were tied, he asked for Anelka ( a reasonable investment at the time) and he got Owen ( a ridiculous purchase price and injury prone) He had success in scotland, england and turkey.

Scouse Hibee
21-11-2011, 07:31 PM
couldnt agree more the man was a visionary. I am a toon follower as well and remember what happened with souness at the magpies. Essentially his hands were tied, he asked for Anelka ( a reasonable investment at the time) and he got Owen ( a ridiculous purchase price and injury prone) He had success in scotland, england and turkey.

Pish manager at Liverpool!