PDA

View Full Version : Terry Butcher 3/1 for the Job

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 05:25 PM
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/hibernian-specials/next-permanent-manager

5 (http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/hibernian-specials/next-permanent-manager)/1 skybet too.

I would be happy enough with this. :agree:

Gerard
20-11-2011, 05:33 PM
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/hibernian-specials/next-permanent-manager

5 (http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/hibernian-specials/next-permanent-manager)/1 skybet too.

Perhaps a good manager. He will not take any nonsense with the players:wink:

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Perhaps a good manager. He will not take any nonsense with the players:wink:

Or the board :agree:

nickwhibs
20-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Definitely be a good choice imo :agree:

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Definitely be a good choice imo :agree:

Experience - check

Winning mentality - check

Doesn't take ***** off players - check

Gets the best out of under performing players - check

Won't let the board interfere - check.

Can't think of many cons about him to be honest. His honesty would be totally refreshing too and I think he would be 100% committed to the position.

The Falcon
20-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Experience - check

Can't think of many cons about him to be honest. His honesty would be totally refreshing too and I think he would be 100% committed to the position.

So why is his club bottom of the league again?

Beefster
20-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Experience - check

Success as a manager - em....

A decent managerial record - um...

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 05:48 PM
So why is his club bottom of the league again?

Because they possibly have the lowest budget for playing staff in the league by a considerable distance.

The fact he's kept them in the SPL is itself a success. Same could be said when he was manager of Motherwell and kept them up, playing well during administration.

bingo70
20-11-2011, 05:49 PM
If he's got such a winning mentality then why does every team he manages lose so often?

He's pish and just cos he shouts a lot doesn't make him 'a leader'

smurf
20-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Experience - check

I like Terry but please .. surely his record as a manager suggests that he's not the man?!!

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 05:51 PM

Kept Motherwell up and playing well during administration, got them to the Scottish Cup final also, brought Inverness back up to the SPL at the first time of asking. Kept them in the league too.

I would also call keeping Inverness unbeaten for the whole calender year away from home, half in the SPL and half in the SPL as a tremendous record and achievement no?

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 05:52 PM
I like Terry but please .. surely his record as a manager suggests that he's not the man?!!

His record as a manager in Scotland is in fact a really good record considering the teams managed and the circumstances whilst managing them. :agree:

James70
20-11-2011, 05:54 PM
We have two priorities and these are 1) getting away from the relegation zone and 2) getting bums back on seats by playing entertaining football.

I quite agree he would soon sort out the wasters in the team but I am not so confident that he is the answer as far as our priorities are concerned.

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 05:54 PM
If he's got such a winning mentality then why does every team he manages lose so often?

He's pish and just cos he shouts a lot doesn't make him 'a leader'

His Inverness side went a whole year unbeaten away from home.

The teams he has managed haven't been anywhere near the level of Hibernian, with his man management and being able to get the best out of players I think he would be a really good shout.

murray26
20-11-2011, 05:55 PM
He'll get the crowds flocking back (not) We need a man who is going to play attacking entertaining football not some gutty mouth, as for his budget being the smallest in the league by a long shot i doubt that very much, If Butcher gets the job it would be no better than what we've just lost, cant see it happening thankfully surely RP isn't that stupid.

The Hurricane
20-11-2011, 05:56 PM

As I said on Friday he is well in to get the job. I think it will be him or Fenlon. He has been highly recommended to the Board.

smurf
His record as a manager in Scotland is in fact a really good record considering the teams managed and the circumstances whilst managing them. :agree:

Fair comment in fairness. However, at Inverness he's a good fit. And I hope I continue to enjoy his interesting interviews etc as their manager and not ours!

Kammy1875
We have two priorities and these are 1) getting away from the relegation zone and 2) getting bums back on seats by playing entertaining football.

I quite agree he would soon sort out the wasters in the team but I am not so confident that he is the answer as far as our priorities are concerned.

I think he could do both. @ Motherwell when they went into admin he brought through the youngsters and they played some great stuff.

Inverness, not the most attractive of play but with Rooney in the side holding up top they bummed us last year good time.

Billy Whizz
20-11-2011, 05:58 PM
No thanks and after yesterday's outburst after the match I think he'll be spending a wee while in the stand

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Fair comment in fairness. However, at Inverness he's a good fit. And I hope I continue to enjoy his interesting interviews etc as their manager and not ours!

For me Smurph it's nothing to do with his interviews it's his way of getting the best out of his side no matter the circumstances.

Perhaps the job would be too big for him but I would much rather have him in the position than someone like Hughes and CC that just made it up as they went along.

Beefster
20-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Kept Motherwell up and playing well during administration, got them to the Scottish Cup final also, brought Inverness back up to the SPL at the first time of asking. Kept them in the league too.

I would also call keeping Inverness unbeaten for the whole calender year away from home, half in the SPL and half in the SPL as a tremendous record and achievement no?

He sounds like John Hughes except that Hughes hadn't been sacked by about five clubs before we appointed him.

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 06:01 PM
He sounds like John Hughes except that Hughes hadn't been sacked by about five clubs before we appointed him.

Fair do's. I think he sounds a lot better than Hughes though. :aok:

Dashing Bob S
20-11-2011, 06:12 PM

Agreed. I can't understand the hard-on people have for him as a manager, as his record is nothing but abject failure punctuated with the odd burst of mediocrity.

Spike Mandela
20-11-2011, 07:18 PM

His Motherwell team finished bottom of the league saved from relegation by the SPL closing ranks on Falkirk:confused:

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 07:27 PM
His Motherwell team finished bottom of the league saved from relegation by the SPL closing ranks on Falkirk:confused:

Didn't realise that Spike, I could only remember all the plaudits he got for the way he handled the admin situation at Fir Park. :aok:

SteveHFC
20-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Would take him :agree:

Billy Whizz
20-11-2011, 07:38 PM
I don't think he's got a chance!

Nakedmanoncrack
20-11-2011, 08:19 PM
:no way: No thank you.:no way: