PDA

View Full Version : SPL soft on sectarianism?

McHibby
20-11-2011, 03:39 PM
This is quite an interesting interview, Neil Doncaster and Iain Blair pretty much state that they don't think Rangers or Celtic should be punished for the behaviour of their fans as it's not fair to blame the club for the actions of the support. And as long as the clubs are seen to be doing something to tackle sectarian behaviour they won't be punished...

http://www.scotsman.com/scotland-on-sunday/sport/football/soft_on_sectarianism_not_us_say_spl_1_1975952

Beefster
20-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Every single answer in that interview is cringe-worthy. I truly ****ing despair.

Elephant Stone
20-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Scared of sectarianism. They are absolutely spineless.

McHibby
20-11-2011, 03:46 PM
I know. It just demonstrates what we've all thought for a long time - there is absolutely no real will in the SPL to deal with this properly.

Hibercelona
20-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Our game is ran by the same kind of bigots. Thats why no serious action will ever be taken.

SteveHFC
20-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Neil Doncaster is a ****. :agree:

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 05:49 PM
I was listening to the Podcasts last week, it was going on about the IRA singing in a section of Parkhead, not once they mentioned it's the whole stands when they visit away grounds :rolleyes:

Hibs Class
20-11-2011, 06:33 PM
That is the perfect example of the phrase "all it takes for evil to survive is for good men to do nothing"

Saorsa
20-11-2011, 06:50 PM
That is the perfect example of the phrase "all it takes for evil to survive is for good men to do nothing"calling them good men might be stretching it a bit though.

Eyrie
20-11-2011, 06:55 PM
The SPL believes it needs the Old Firm and the Old Firm need the money from their bigots, so there will be no serious action taken. A few mealy-mouthed statements and high profile summits is all.

PatHead
20-11-2011, 07:09 PM
If a chant of "knee deep in Black man's blood" or "Knee deep in Poof's blood" or "Knee deep in muslim blood" or "knee deep in Jews' blood" came out of the terracing all hell would break loose but to heck its only fienian so who cares.

Won't make headlines unlike Blatters comments anywhere so nothing will happen and if you believe Doncaster it helps sell the game.

Before anyone bites my head off I wouldn't agree with the singing of the other songs and am only trying to highlight the double standards

Elephant Stone
20-11-2011, 07:20 PM
If a chant of "knee deep in Black man's blood" or "Knee deep in Poof's blood" or "Knee deep in muslim blood" or "knee deep in Jews' blood" came out of the terracing all hell would break loose but to heck its only fienian so who cares.

Won't make headlines unlike Blatters comments anywhere so nothing will happen and if you believe Doncaster it helps sell the game.

Before anyone bites my head off I wouldn't agree with the singing of the other songs and am only trying to highlight the double standards

Absolutely spot on. The complicit silence from the Scottish media before UEFA got involved and the reluctance still of the SFA to do anything is absolutely shameful.

basehibby
20-11-2011, 08:25 PM
I know. It just demonstrates what we've all thought for a long time - there is absolutely no real will in the SPL to deal with this properly.

:agree: They will be quite happy for the OF to keep dragging Scotland's name through the mud for the next 100 years - spineless buffoons!

It's quite clear from that interview that the pair of them are OF poodles - paper tigers who cannot be trusted to do anything about sectarianism. They clearly only care about money and see the OF bigot-fest as the biggest cash cow in town.