PDA

View Full Version : Can we put this to bed now?

blackpoolhibs
20-11-2011, 02:43 PM
We seem to have a lot of our fans who are still convinced we have good players, and a team good enough to challenge at the top end, even compete for 4th.

Even Ian Murray was saying this in last nights evening news?????????????

We are crap, we dont have a midfield, and you just know we will always concede goals. This is an awful team, one that is in a relegation fight.

David Stephens and Paul Hanlon apart, yesterdays team were outplayed at home against Kilmarnock, Kil****inmarnock. Yes we scrapped a draw, but its another point that only papers over the cracks of a god awful football team.

I did not believe anyone could come in and do a worse job than calderclown, but brown managed that in his first game.

1 up front, 2 wingers playing on our own full backs toes, and Michael Hart WTF.

Garry O'Conner, yes he was isolated by browns tactics was awful for 90 minutes yesterday, what did he do that was so good he managed to stay on the park apart from win the toss?

Has anyone seen us out passed as much at home before, none of our players look as comfortable on the ball as their opponent yesterday.

For me i just dont understand where anyone who says we have good players, players as good as most of these teams above us are coming from, i must watch a completely different game?

BroxburnHibee
20-11-2011, 02:46 PM
We have a few good players but a piss-poor squad

Until the board stop allowing successive managers to waste their budgets on journeymen this won't change

500miles
20-11-2011, 02:46 PM
I had to turn off the radio at 1-1 because i was going out. I didn't realise that Kilmarnock knocked in another 9 goals in the last half hour.

blackpoolhibs
20-11-2011, 02:51 PM
I had to turn off the radio at 1-1 because i was going out. I didn't realise that Kilmarnock knocked in another 9 goals in the last half hour.

Its this that makes me laugh, deny it all you like, but we were murdered yesterday football wise. Yes we scrapped a draw, but we are miles behind Kilmarnock and others above us in terms of how to play the game.

Elephant Stone
20-11-2011, 02:52 PM
We are really pish but our recent managers haven't been able to get the best out of the players. If we can get a manager who gets players wanting to play for him then we will be able to see them at their best. For me I'd only keep 3 or 4 but it remains to be seen how they'll play under a new manager.

Broken Gnome
20-11-2011, 02:53 PM
The notion that we're a top four side in hiding is a joke. Apart from February, those players have been so bad that you would never ever back them to win even two on the bounce. You'd be hard pushed to think they'd win any game to be honest.

The league's tight, none of the teams around us are particularly good, but there's no evidence at all to think we're going to progress at all unless things change massively.

Since90+2
20-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Its this that makes me laugh, deny it all you like, but we were murdered yesterday football wise. Yes we scrapped a draw, but we are miles behind Kilmarnock and others above us in terms of how to play the game.

Yip :agree:

PISTOL1875
20-11-2011, 02:56 PM

You right Gary.. We were played off the park yesterday...

silverhibee
20-11-2011, 03:00 PM
We seem to have a lot of our fans who are still convinced we have good players, and a team good enough to challenge at the top end, even compete for 4th.

We are crap, we dont have a midfield, and you just know we will always concede goals. This is an awful team, one that is in a relegation fight.

David Stephens and Paul Hanlon apart, yesterdays team were outplayed at home against Kilmarnock, Kil****inmarnock. Yes we scrapped a draw, but its another point that only papers over the cracks of a god awful football team.

I did not believe anyone could come in and do a worse job than calderclown, but brown managed that in his first game.

Garry O'Conner, yes he was isolated by browns tactics was awful for 90 minutes yesterday, what did he do that was so good he managed to stay on the park apart from win the toss?

Has anyone seen us out passed as much at home before, none of our players look as comfortable on the ball as their opponent yesterday.

For me i just dont understand where anyone who says we have good players, players as good as most of these teams above us are coming from, i must watch a completely different game?

Yogi's 11 Vs Present 11. What would be the score after 90mins BH.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-11-2011, 03:01 PM
This is not unlike the tosh that John Rankin was feeding the papers with last season. We were always one win away from going on a great run and top four was still on. Made me wish that when reporters come asking for a line, they should just be offered...no comment.

blackpoolhibs
20-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Yogi's 11 Vs Present 11. What would be the score after 90mins BH.

Yogi's team would pish all over this lot of crap. Stokes and Riordan alone would win the game easily.

HibsMax
20-11-2011, 03:07 PM

I said it was the team / players that got CC the sack. I'm not saying that he would have turned things around but I didn't think all the blame leveled at him was justified.

I / we were told that nobody could do worse than CC but it seems that that's not exactly true.

Saorsa
20-11-2011, 03:10 PM
We have a few good players but a piss-poor squad

Until the board stop allowing successive managers to waste their budgets on journeymen this won't changeperhaps journeymen is all they will pay for

greenlex
20-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Out of Calderwoods signings I woud keep Osbourne Scott and possibly Thornhill. The rest can do one for me. It is no coincidence that they are on longer contracts whilst the dross finish up in the summer. I never got the questioning if this tactic. If they worked out we renegotiated if not its Ta Ta. I still think there is enough in th squad to be top five or six easily and challenging. Having said that the quality that is there needs to get their finger out consistently. a settled side might help.

blackpoolhibs
20-11-2011, 03:12 PM
I said it was the team / players that hit CC the sack. I'm not saying that he would have turned things around but I didn't think all the blame leveled at him was justified.

I / we were told that nobody could do worse than CC but it seems that that's not exactly true.

I bet you are glad now, he was not given until xmas now? :wink: I agree max, the players did get him the sack, he did bring 14 of them in. IMO that justified his sacking.

Whoever the new man is, has ANOTHER team building job to do. This lot are awful, and at least needs 8 new players to be good enough for a european challenge. :boo hoo: Saying that, we have a much bigger problem first, and thats staying up.

Albion Hibs
20-11-2011, 03:13 PM

So we were murder yesterday and we got a point. Not really that bad in that case is it. Either we are good enough not to get beat when we are murder, or they are not good enough to beat us when we are murder.

None the less all the best in your persuit of the next manager.

blackpoolhibs
20-11-2011, 03:17 PM
So we were murder yesterday and we got a point. Not really that bad in that case is it. Either we are good enough not to get beat when we are murder, or they are not good enough to beat us when we are murder.

So you enjoyed our display? You enjoyed the way we chased shadows all over the pitch for the best part of the game?

What did we do yesterday, or indeed this season that tells us we are good enough for a european challenge?

An answer would be nice, rather than going off in a tangent as you usually do?

Big Frank
20-11-2011, 03:21 PM

Spot on.

Albion Hibs
20-11-2011, 03:24 PM

So you enjoyed our display? You enjoyed the way we chased shadows all over the pitch for the best part of the game?

What did we do yesterday, or indeed this season that tells us we are good enough for a european challenge?

An answer would be nice, rather than going off in a tangent as you usually do?

How entertaining the one that has no ability to answer a question, and only has one view - negative.

I thought we were crap in the first half and much better in the second. Brown tried a few different things yesterday, was not afraid to make changes at half time, and....oh yeah that was his first game in change.

As to whether or not we can make it into 4th, I dont know, I perhaps doubt it, but it seems a little funny that you are having a go at the team for not being able to finish 4th when most of your recent crit of everything to do with hibs has focused on us being relegated. Anything to have a go eh.

Have a look at the results in the rest of the league yesterday, does anything make you think that the teams above us are much better / much more consistant?

Spike Mandela
20-11-2011, 03:28 PM
There is no out and out certainty for relegation this year like Hamilton were last year.

Supportera of supposed top six clubs like Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Hearts should be very, very afraid.

blackpoolhibs
20-11-2011, 03:29 PM
How entertaining the one that has no ability to answer a question, and only has one view - negative.

I thought we were crap in the first half and much better in the second. Brown tried a few different things yesterday, was not afraid to make changes at half time, and....oh yeah that was his first game in change.

As to whether or not we can make it into 4th, I dont know, I perhaps doubt it, but it seems a little funny that you are having a go at the team for not being able to finish 4th when most of your recent crit of everything to do with hibs has focused on us being relegated. Anything to have a go eh.

Have a look at the results in the rest of the league yesterday, does anything make you think that the teams above us are much better / much more consistant?

Oh yes, i do believe those above us are better, they dont have to be much better but they are. I see you dont think we will finish 4th now, well thats funny, whats changed? Why are we getting these results, who's to blame now?

Tricla
20-11-2011, 03:31 PM

:top marks

BroxburnHibee
20-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Out of Calderwoods signings I woud keep Osbourne Scott and possibly Thornhill. The rest can do one for me. It is no coincidence that they are on longer contracts whilst the dross finish up in the summer. I never got the questioning if this tactic. If they worked out we renegotiated if not its Ta Ta. I still think there is enough in th squad to be top five or six easily and challenging. Having said that the quality that is there needs to get their finger out consistently. a settled side might help.

I wouldn't keep any of these guys Alex - mediocre at best

Beefster
20-11-2011, 03:37 PM

I bet it looked better on radio too.

Albion Hibs
20-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Oh yes, i do believe those above us are better, they dont have to be much better but they are. I see you dont think we will finish 4th now, well thats funny, whats changed? Why are we getting these results, who's to blame now?

I am unsure of where we fill finish, we may or we may not, unlike you, you seem to be sure - changed from when just out of interest? If we were murder yesterday and did not get beat do you think that is an improvement on how results have gone for us this season?

Whos to blame, not a question I thought you would need to ask, your scatter gun approach of having a go at everyone who has anything to do with the club usually covers all bases.

Down to opinions though isnt it. I think this season has shown that the majority of teams are capable of beating each other. If we can improve our consistancy and settle a team and formation that works for us I see no reason why we cant climb the table.

Baldy
20-11-2011, 03:38 PM

he even messed that up, had to toss it a 2nd time as the first one he basically threw it at his opponent:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
20-11-2011, 03:44 PM
I am unsure of where we fill finish, we may or we may not, unlike you, you seem to be sure - changed from when just out of interest? If we were murder yesterday and did not get beat do you think that is an improvement on how results have gone for us this season?

Whos to blame, not a question I thought you would need to ask, your scatter gun approach of having a go at everyone who has anything to do with the club usually covers all bases.

Down to opinions though isnt it. I think this season has shown that the majority of teams are capable of beating each other. If we can improve our consistancy and settle a team and formation that works for us I see no reason why we cant climb the table.

A full post of nothing, you were convinced only a couple of weeks ago we were fine and you fully expected us to do well. And when you say the majority of teams can beat each other, were you including Hibs in that? Now you see no reason why we cant climb the table if we can improve. How do we improve? How do you think this set of players will improve our position?

And still no answer as to who you think is to blame? There you go, i have asked again.

Albion Hibs
20-11-2011, 03:51 PM
A full post of nothing, you were convinced only a couple of weeks ago we were fine and you fully expected us to do well. And when you say the majority of teams can beat each other, were you including Hibs in that? Now you see no reason why we cant climb the table if we can improve. How do we improve? How do you think this set of players will improve our position?

And still no answer as to who you think is to blame? There you go, i have asked again.

I am not blaming anyone, if that is the sort of person you are then fine, but I am not. We are were we are, we can all be part of your finger pointing culture, or we can just get on with things. For the avoidence of doubt that is the answer to that question.

I believe I said we would be fine with respect to those like you prattling on about relegation. As for a post of nothing, I dont think so, your questions were answered, and I even asked a few, you seem to have missed those.

I do believe Hibs are included in that...thats a "yes". I believe I stated how I thought we could improve, scroll up and read again for the answer.

As usual your posts are full of nothing other than criticism of Hibs and praise for the team we are playing. I often forget how boring you are.

Beefster
20-11-2011, 03:53 PM
A full post of nothing....

....As usual your posts are full of nothing other than criticism of Hibs and praise for the team we are playing. I often forget how boring you are.

I love it when you two get going!

blackpoolhibs
20-11-2011, 03:57 PM
I am not blaming anyone, if that is the sort of person you are then fine, but I am not. We are were we are, we can all be part of your finger pointing culture, or we can just get on with things. For the avoidence of doubt that is the answer to that question.

I believe I said we would be fine with respect to those like you prattling on about relegation. As for a post of nothing, I dont think so, your questions were answered, and I even asked a few, you seem to have missed those.

I do believe Hibs are included in that...thats a "yes". I believe I stated how I thought we could improve, scroll up and read again for the answer.

As usual your posts are full of nothing other than criticism of Hibs and praise for the team we are playing. I often forget how boring you are.

Funny how you were blaming the fans only recently, but as you say you are not that kind of person. :faf: We are in a dog fight at the bottom of this league, whether you admit it or not, hoping we can find consistancy and better form is all you and i have. :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
20-11-2011, 03:58 PM
I love it when you two get going!

You will have to do without me for a while, chelsea and liverpool is starting. :wink:

TornadoHibby
20-11-2011, 03:58 PM

Aye but had we defended further up the park that we did allowing Killie less space in midfield we should have been able to do much better than we did particularly bearing in mind the improved fitness levels with the return to serious training since BB took control after CC left! :agree:

BB urged the back 4 time after time yesterday to move out towards half way after clearing their lines but for some reason they did not, presumably terrified of being caught out for lack of pace if Killie had tried to get in behind them! :confused: :rolleyes:

Albion Hibs
20-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Funny how you were blaming the fans only recently, but as you say you are not that kind of person. :faf: We are in a dog fight at the bottom of this league, whether you admit it or not, hoping we can find consistancy and better form is all you and i have. :rolleyes:

You are so predictable, as i said it is boring.

You started this thread having a go at people / the team for 4th place now you are on to relegation. I may have a go at fans that stay away then complain about the standard of team we have, my point simply is we have what we have paid for. The delusions of some fans become evident when name the next manager time comes around and the summer transfer window.

I know where we are in the league, I also know what month of the year it is. The season is along way from being over. Hoping we can find consistancy and better form is all I have? I think that is pretty obvious, I would not describe it as "all i have" but rather what I would like to see from the team.

All you have, negativity for Hibs and crit for everything about them. That is all you have and ever seem to display, that too is very boring.

In November I will more than happily take a bet for all that you are willing to stake that we will not get relegated.

steakbake
20-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Anyone else think we looked hopelessly unfit yesterday? Many of the players were on their erse by half time. We were a yard or two off pace, second to every ball and couldn't string a series of passes together if we tried!

Franck is God
20-11-2011, 04:25 PM
I do believe that we have a good squad and plenty of good players, yesterday we were outplayed from start to finish by a team of players that are simply well coached and well organised. All the Killie players new their jobs and knew where to be when defending and attacking, their first touch and movement was excellent and they didn't stop moving the whole game.

If you had to build a single squad from both Hibs & Killies current lot and merely had previous clubs and backgrounds to go with very few of their players would make it into the top 25 and if our management team had signed the players that they have in the last few windows then this board would be incensed at the level of players we were bringing in.

It could be argued that Mixu's best signing when he went to Killie was Kenny Shiels as clearly he had a lot to do with how they played under Mixu and now. I get the feeling that our first team coaching staff have now perhaps been there too long and maybe that is where the clear out should start.

greenlex
20-11-2011, 04:29 PM
I do believe that we have a good squad and plenty of good players, yesterday we were outplayed from start to finish by a team of players that are simply well coached and well organised. All the Killie players new their jobs and knew where to be when defending and attacking, their first touch and movement was excellent and they didn't stop moving the whole game.

If you had to build a single squad from both Hibs & Killies current lot and merely had previous clubs and backgrounds to go with very few of their players would make it into the top 25 and if our management team had signed the players that they have in the last few windows then this board would be incensed at the level of players we were bringing in.

It could be argued that Mixu's best signing when he went to Killie was Kenny Shiels as clearly he had a lot to do with how they played under Mixu and now. I get the feeling that our first team coaching staff have now perhaps been there too long and maybe that is where the clear out should start.

all very true FIG but the fact still remains that had we won yesterday. Either scored one more or defended their 25/30 yard effort better we would be sitting two points above them in the league tonight.

Capt Mainwaring
20-11-2011, 04:36 PM
This current squad are the worst for a generation.

There's not safety net team this season who will be isolated at the bottom of the league ( unless it's
Us) and will save our bacon. This bunch of unfit, uninterested, unskilled, gutless no marks have
relegation written all over them.

In a straight fight between us and ANY other team in the SPL, when I matters for relegation points, I would not put a single penny on us winning.

Anyone who thinks otherwise, is either the ultimate optimist or has hasn't been to a game this season.

The Board were right to sack CC - the problem is that they were 4 months too late and have allowed us to be lumbered with a painfully embarrasing and inadequate squad.

Some task ahead for the new Manager!!

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 04:39 PM
You are so predictable, as i said it is boring.

You started this thread having a go at people / the team for 4th place now you are on to relegation. I may have a go at fans that stay away then complain about the standard of team we have, my point simply is we have what we have paid for. The delusions of some fans become evident when name the next manager time comes around and the summer transfer window.

I know where we are in the league, I also know what month of the year it is. The season is along way from being over. Hoping we can find consistancy and better form is all I have? I think that is pretty obvious, I would not describe it as "all i have" but rather what I would like to see from the team.

All you have, negativity for Hibs and crit for everything about them. That is all you have and ever seem to display, that too is very boring.

In November I will more than happily take a bet for all that you are willing to stake that we will not get relegated.

You say we get what we pay for then you go on to try and make a bet about not going down......

How's about as we are the 4th top payers wage wise in the SPL you make a bet that we will make the top four this season?

If you think for one second that our club as a whole is not completely under performing then, my friend you are seriously deluded unfortunately.

You call Blackpool boring but your stance of protect the club/manager/players no matter how bad we are then criticise folk who are upset at the way we are at the moment is incredibly boring.

I have only been a reader of this board (so far, hi guys) but as far as I can see, Blackpool Hibs attends Hibernian matches, I'm assuming he is coming from Blackpool to do so, so for you to have a go at him criticising the team or the idiotic manager we had in charge is narrow minded. Blackpool, like you or I or anyone who follows the side want the best for the club and at this moment in time, like the previous 3 seasons or so we are way, way below standard.

greenlex
20-11-2011, 04:41 PM
You say we get what we pay for then you go on to try and make a bet about not going down......

How's about as we are the 4th top payers wage wise in the SPL you make a bet that we will make the top four this season?

If you think for one second that our club as a whole is under performing then, my friend you are seriously deluded unfortunately.

You call Blackpool boring but your stance of protect the club/manager/players no matter how bad we are then criticise folk who are upset at the way we are at the moment is incredibly boring.

I have only been a reader of this board (so far, hi guys) but as far as I can see, Blackpool Hibs attends Hibernian matches, I'm assuming he is coming from Blackpool to do so, so for you to have a go at him criticising the team or the idiotic manager we had in charge is narrow minded. Blackpool, like you or I or anyone who follows the side want the best for the club and at this moment in time, like the previous 3 seasons or so we are way, way below standard.
Are you saying we are not under performing as a club?:confused:

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 04:42 PM
This current squad are the worst for a generation.

There's not safety net team this season who will be isolated at the bottom of the league ( unless it's
Us) and will save our bacon. This bunch of unfit, uninterested, unskilled, gutless no marks have
relegation written all over them.

In a straight fight between us and ANY other team in the SPL, when I matters for relegation points, I would not put a single penny on us winning.

Anyone who thinks otherwise, is either the ultimate optimist or has hasn't been to a game this season.

The Board were right to sack CC - the problem is that they were 4 months too late and have allowed us to be lumbered with a painfully embarrasing and inadequate squad.

Some task ahead for the new Manager!!

I don't think the task will be as hard as some envisage it will be. Like this time last year, we have a lot of players out of contract come January. It is though imperative that we bring in a manager who not only has short term goals but also a long term plan, someone who wants to be at our club long term and who brings in the correct type of player to come in and work at the club long term.

Keep Ozzy out of all the CC signings, I even mean VP who is a waster and start again with a backbone of Booth, Hanlon, Stephens, Wotherspoon, Ozzy and pray somehow we manage to keep Garry or LG.

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Are you saying we are notunderperformingas a club?:confused:

Sorry Lex, I meant not under performing as in if anyone thinks we are performing at a high enough level it is seriously deluded.

Franck is God
20-11-2011, 04:44 PM
all very true FIG but the fact still remains that had we won yesterday. Either scored one more or defended their 25/30 yard effort better we would be sitting two points above them in the league tonight.

But the fact that they didn't win yet outplayed us all over the pitch is because they actually have lesser players than us, had we played to their level because we do have better quality all round our team we would have won the game comfortably.

The hardest thing to do in football is score goals and even the best footballing teams will struggle to win games if they don't have quality players up front.

Capt Mainwaring
20-11-2011, 05:14 PM
I don't think the task will be as hard as some envisage it will be. Like this time last year, we have a lot of players out of contract come January. It is though imperative that we bring in a manager who not only has short term goals but also a long term plan, someone who wants to be at our club long term and who brings in the correct type of player to come in and work at the club long term.

Keep Ozzy out of all the CC signings, I even mean VP who is a waster and start again with a backbone of Booth, Hanlon, Stephens, Wotherspoon, Ozzy and pray somehow we manage to keep Garry or LG.

Pray! I wish I had though of that.

Albion Hibs
20-11-2011, 05:18 PM

If you think for one second that our club as a whole is not completely under performing then, my friend you are seriously deluded unfortunately.

Maybe your reading will get better the more time you spend on here. The point I am making is that we are not in my view bad enough to be relegated, I will take a bet to that effect. As your contrast between that and getting what you pay for I dont see the link. Perhaps the more relevant link is between the fact I dont think we will get relegated and that if we are more consistant we will improve our league position - do you understand?

Are we the fourth top player budget in the league?

Where did I say we are not underperforming?

I find the "we only want what is best for the club" a tedious line. I think it goes without saying that any hibs fan wants what is best for the club, stating the obvious dont you think?

I am sure Blackpoolhibs will be greatful that you are so impressed with the fact he travels to games.

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Pray! I wish I had though of that.

It works. CC is gone :aok:

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Maybe your reading will get better the more time you spend on here. The point I am making is that we are not in my view bad enough to be relegated, I will take a bet to that effect. As your contrast between that and getting what you pay for I dont see the link. Perhaps the more relevant link is between the fact I dont think we will get relegated and that if we are more consistant we will improve our league position - do you understand?

Are we the fourth top player budget in the league?

Where did I say we are not underperforming?

I find the "we only want what is best for the club" a tedious line. I think it goes without saying that any hibs fan wants what is best for the club, stating the obvious dont you think?

I am sure Blackpoolhibs will be greatful that you are so impressed with the fact he travels to games.

As per usual, someone disagrees with you and you start off with having a personal dig. It's not the first time I've seen this.

Ok, the fact that we are conversing in relegation type chat is outrageously terrible for the money we spend and the facilities we have. Who would you say was the worst side in the league? Dunfermline? well did you see last week?

You also said we would improve and become more consistent under CC, well look how that worked out then champ.

Yes, according to Petrie himself we have the 4th biggest player budget in the league. We are totally under performing in comparison to this. Totally.

The line you find tedious is a lot better a line than someone attacking any supporter who is totally frustrated, upset and underwhelmed by how ***** we are at this present time.

Fact is we were totally out played by Killie yesterday, how you dress this up is your choice but I find it totally unacceptable. We have a team full of under performing journeymen pish, these are the players who have replaced the previous under performing journeymen pish.

The sooner we bring in a manager who is allowed to work his budget to how he wants, who gets to bring in his own management team with him and is allowed to plan long term then it will a never ending roundabout of below par rubbish. :taxi

greenlex
20-11-2011, 05:41 PM
As per usual, someone disagrees with you and you start off with having a personal dig. It's not the first time I've seen this.

Ok, the fact that we are conversing in relegation type chat is outrageously terrible for the money we spend and the facilities we have. Who would you say was the worst side in the league? Dunfermline? well did you see last week?

You also said we would improve and become more consistent under CC, well look how that worked out then champ.

Yes, according to Petrie himself we have the 4th biggest player budget in the league. We are totally under performing in comparison to this. Totally.

The line you find tedious is a lot better a line than someone attacking any supporter who is totally frustrated, upset and underwhelmed by how ***** we are at this present time.

Fact is we were totally out played by Killie yesterday, how you dress this up is your choice but I find it totally unacceptable. We have a team full of under performing journeymen pish, these are the players who have replaced the previous under performing journeymen pish.

The sooner we bring in a manager who is allowed to work his budget to how he wants, who gets to bring in his own management team with him and is allowed to plan long term then it will a never ending roundabout of below par rubbish. :taxi

We weren't outplayed according to BBC stats. Maybe Jimmy theJaffa was keeping the stats.:greengrin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15704890.stm

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 05:44 PM
We weren't outplayed according to BBC stats. Maybe Jimmy theJaffa was keeping the stats.:greengrin

If your a stats kind of guy then perhaps not. The game I watched was a game that was bossed by Killie, especially the first half.

Ian Murray says the team want BB as manager, I want the opposite of anything the team want. They have had it easy for far too long.

Beefster
20-11-2011, 05:51 PM

I don't believe those stats but if they were true, they suggest that we spent about half the game passing it at the back and Killie managed a shot every time they had the ball.

greenlex
20-11-2011, 05:53 PM
I don't believe those stats but if they were true, they suggest that we spent about half the game passing it at the back and Killie managed a shot every time they had the ball.

For the record I don't believe tem either. Might be arse for tit as Colin Calderwood once said.:agree:

weonlywon6-2
20-11-2011, 06:11 PM
we are awful no doubt about it.however,if anyone thinks that billy brown or anyone else is going to change us into winners after one game is in dream land.

calderwood has brought in some dross players and we will suffer for that.

he has been the worst manager at hibs in my opinion in the last 30 years.

even sir alex couldnt turn this lot into a decent team

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 06:15 PM
we are awful no doubt about it.however,if anyone thinks that billy brown or anyone else is going to change us into winners after one game is in dream land.

calderwood has brought in some dross players and we will suffer for that.

he has been the worst manager at hibs in my opinion in the last 30 years.

even sir alex couldnt turn this lot into a decent team

People said the same about Hughes' team. Calderwood then and brought in even worse players than the ones he released.

A proper manager, who gets the best out of players as well as spots positions we need to fill and actually brings in a player to play a specific role is what we need.

For too long we have just signed players and played them in random positions. We need the opposite now.

iwasthere1972
20-11-2011, 06:23 PM

What a silly post. This team lacks passion, guts, skill etc etc. They couldn't pass a bus stop.

I would rather see an entertaining game even if it means us getting beat than watching dross week in week out. It's that bad that most of the fans attending these games are pre-occupied checking their phones for texts, facebook updates and the hibs.net messageboard to bother watching what's happening (or not happening) on the pitch.

I can't remember the last time I went to Easter Road and came away thinking that was a good performance.

blackpoolhibs
20-11-2011, 07:24 PM
If your a stats kind of guy then perhaps not. The game I watched was a game that was bossed by Killie, especially the first half.

Ian Murray says the team want BB as manager, I want the opposite of anything the team want. They have had it easy for far too long.

This. :agree:

NAE NOOKIE
20-11-2011, 07:56 PM
O.K.

I have seen every home game this season ( well for the last 15 seasons ) and I have to say that even in seasons where we were relegated I cant remember seeing any Hibs team so easily outplayed at home by just about every team that has called to ER.

Just from the last few weeks Motherwell, Dunfermline and now Killie have made us look like a bloody joke. They have out passed, out thought and out played us. Our attempts to test the keepers of each of these teams have been nothing short of woefull and our first half efforts against a team who had shipped 6 goals at home 2 weeks earlier were so bad I found it difficult to believe I was watching a professional football team.

The teams I have mentioned are not even very good. It would appear that all you have to be to get a result at Easter Road is competent, the fact is that if these teams were even half decent up front we would be looking at a pile of drubbings, not draws and narrow defeats.

Anybody who really thinks that this bunch of players have it in them to turn the current situation around, or heaven forbid, become a team capable of challenging at the top is frankly kidding themselves. I wont say they are a disgrace to the shirt or anything like that. I really do think they are trying and I dont think they lack effort.

They just are not very good. I cant remember in the last two seasons ( I'm being kind there ) a headed goal from a cross into the box delivered by a wide player or a goal from a movement starting at the back through the midfield.

There are one or two players who would definately do a job in a re vamped Hibs team, but only a few. This club needs a clear out from top to bottom and in order to do that we need a manager who can think outside of the box and a board who are willing to take a chance in providing him with the finance to do it.

An extra 2,000 on every home gate is roughly £400,000 in gate money etc. Its that or put up with medriocrity for years.

ronaldo7
20-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Spoke to one of my neebours this morning, (killie fan). He's been watching the game for a few years now, and says that's the worst Hibs team he's seen in a very long time. I couldnae argue with him. We came to the same conclusions regarding the game, that Killie had too much room in the first 30 minutes to play through us with Dean Shiels having it too easy. And in the second half when we changed our formation and brought on Sparky, we improved slightly. Killie were always easy on the ball, with our guys taking two or three touches before thinking about where it was going next. Hibees were too slow in the build up, with Killie passing quickly, and moving the ball faster. If they'd has another striker to play alongside Heffernan then we were gubbed.

We both thought that Killie were passing the ball for fun with Hibs chasing shadows.

God forbid we get Belly Broon as our manager. I don't believe we can play with a lone striker with the players at our disposal. He got it wrong yesterday after being involved for several weeks.

Not good enough Billy. Thanks for your interest, but no thanks.

ekhibee
20-11-2011, 08:23 PM
I really don't envy Brown's position as caretaker manager at the moment. The 1st half was an awful performance by Hibs, the 2nd a bit better, because he made changes, but it's still not good enough for a lot of fans on Hibs.net. I can see where they're coming from a lot of the time, but right now he doesn't have a players that seem to be able to change a game. O'Connor has looked out of sorts for a wee while now, and he was by far our biggest goal threat earlier in the season. We don't really seem to have a goal threat now at all. I have to say, motivation in this team seems to be non existent, and I really don't understand players like Ian Murray, an experienced player,who speak to the papers quite frequently by the looks of it, but don't seem to be capable of really kicking some of these guys firmly up the erchie when needed. All Brown can do at the moment is hope that by changing things as he did at half time that things get a bit better, and they did, a wee bit, after the break. He said in his interview on the BBC website a couple of days ago that he just has to work with the players he's got, that's the long and short of it, I'm absolutely sure he knows they are just not good enough, but there is, IMO, very little any manager could do to improve this lot, although I obviously hope I'm wrong. I'm afraid I do have to agree with people who think we need wholesale changes in the team, and quite possibly in other areas of the club as well, but it'll probably be at least another couple of seasons before we can realistically remove or get rid of the dross that is there. Having said that, I'm assuming Petrie, Lindsay and co also know these players aren't good enough, or maybe they think most of the players were just underperforming under different managers, and that really they all have a fair amount of ability. In my opinion they don't, but again, I hope to be proved wrong.

basehibby
20-11-2011, 09:18 PM

Don't entirely agree - I think we have some decent players but lack in certain areas - creativity in midfield in particular - and the result is flat performances. That doesn't mean that a good manager can't squeeze something more out of them though. I'd certainly agree though that we don't look anything like top4 material - regardless of who comes in it is likely to be a long season.

basehibby
20-11-2011, 09:25 PM

He should change the f***ing record then - I lose count of the number of times I've heard that line trotted out in the wake of managerial changes. BB will no doubt get another couple of games and if he racks up 6 points he will do his chances of securing the manager's job no harm at all. So if the players really want BB as their manager then they should shut the f*** up and concentrate on putting points on the board for Hibernian FC.

basehibby
20-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Aye but had we defended further up the park that we did allowing Killie less space in midfield we should have been able to do much better than we did particularly bearing in mind the improved fitness levels with the return to serious training since BB took control after CC left! :agree:

BB urged the back 4 time after time yesterday to move out towards half way after clearing their lines but for some reason they did not, presumably terrified of being caught out for lack of pace if Killie had tried to get in behind them! :confused: :rolleyes:

get a grip - do you really think one week's different training regime will make all that much difference :rolleyes:

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 09:30 PM
He should change the f***ing record then - I lose count of the number of times I've heard that line trotted out in the wake of managerial changes. BB will no doubt get another couple of games and if he racks up 6 points he will do his chances of securing the manager's job no harm at all. So if the players really want BB as their manager then they should shut the f*** up and concentrate on putting points on the board for Hibernian FC.

My thoughts exactly.

All the players should shut up too, they should all be completely embarrassed about the way this (and last) season is going.

Cocaine&Caviar
20-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Stack
Wotherspoon Hogg Bamba Murray
McBride Miller
Zemmama Nish Riordan
Stokes

Certainly more individual creativity, flair and passing ability

The Voice Of Reason
20-11-2011, 09:32 PM

Hear Hear. :top marks

basehibby
20-11-2011, 09:57 PM
I really don't envy Brown's position as caretaker manager at the moment. The 1st half was an awful performance by Hibs, the 2nd a bit better, because he made changes, but it's still not good enough for a lot of fans on Hibs.net. I can see where they're coming from a lot of the time, but right now he doesn't have a players that seem to be able to change a game. O'Connor has looked out of sorts for a wee while now, and he was by far our biggest goal threat earlier in the season. We don't really seem to have a goal threat now at all. I have to say, motivation in this team seems to be non existent, and I really don't understand players like Ian Murray, an experienced player,who speak to the papers quite frequently by the looks of it, but don't seem to be capable of really kicking some of these guys firmly up the erchie when needed. All Brown can do at the moment is hope that by changing things as he did at half time that things get a bit better, and they did, a wee bit, after the break. He said in his interview on the BBC website a couple of days ago that he just has to work with the players he's got, that's the long and short of it, I'm absolutely sure he knows they are just not good enough, but there is, IMO, very little any manager could do to improve this lot, although I obviously hope I'm wrong. I'm afraid I do have to agree with people who think we need wholesale changes in the team, and quite possibly in other areas of the club as well, but it'll probably be at least another couple of seasons before we can realistically remove or get rid of the dross that is there. Having said that, I'm assuming Petrie, Lindsay and co also know these players aren't good enough, or maybe they think most of the players were just underperforming under different managers, and that really they all have a fair amount of ability. In my opinion they don't, but again, I hope to be proved wrong.

Erm - aren't you missing something here mate??? Like the fact that BB selected the starting line up and set them out. He started with a 4-5-1 at ER and it was blatantly a failure - that was entirely down to him!!!

Fair enough he showed he isn't entirely clueless by making the necessary changes at HT to salvage a point and most on here have acknowledged that. Hardly a compelling case for proclaiming him as our manager-elect though is it?

Billy Whizz
20-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Erm - aren't you missing something here mate??? Like the fact that BB selected the starting line up and set them out. He started with a 4-5-1 at ER and it was blatantly a failure - that was entirely down to him!!!

Fair enough he showed he isn't entirely clueless by making the necessary changes at HT to salvage a point and most on here have acknowledged that. Hardly a compelling case for proclaiming him as our manager-elect though is it?

I don't think BB should get the job,but we can hardly blame him for Hibs current woes. How many of yesterday's team did he sign?

marinello59
20-11-2011, 10:05 PM

The 4-5-1 confused me as well at the time. Two things though. We have the benefit of hindsight. Who would have thought Garry O was going to pull out a performance almost as bad as he did against Dunfermline. Secondly Griffiths had apparently been ill during the week, hence the reason he didn't start. BB did put things right at half time not only with the substitutions but his redeployment of Wotherspoon. He had a poor first half and was getting pelters from the crowd yet rather than erode his confidence further BB switched his position and sent him out again to enjoy a relatively decent second half. That's pretty good management.
In saying that BB isn't the answer for me either.