PDA

View Full Version : Jim Spence's view... Hibs potential & 22 in a row

Niffy
20-11-2011, 11:25 AM
We all know what SHOULD be possible and why... but like Spencey says, with everything else that's happening around other clubs... what are the chances of next season being in a position to start a fantastic run of unbeatenness (is that a word) against them... 23 in a row would hurt them... add the Scottish Cup and it would be mass suicide in Gorgie....

Sas_The_Hibby
20-11-2011, 11:34 AM
We all know what SHOULD be possible and why... but like Spencey says, with everything else that's happening around other clubs... what are the chances of next season being in a position to start a fantastic run of unbeatenness (is that a word) against them... 23 in a row would hurt them... add the Scottish Cup and it would be mass suicide in Gorgie....

Despite all that's happening at Tynecastle just now, why would anyone be even thinking about this when we haven't even got one in a row? :confused: Or is this a wind-up and I'm being a bit slow?

Niffy
20-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Maybe you are.

I'm thinking ahead... staying positive and all that.

Ach your right... what's the point.

ScottB
20-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Spences article is stupid, saying that we are in a good financial situation and that the Board should loosen the purse strings.

Eh, so he missed our whacking great loss this year on the amount we have been spending then? We will be cutting back like everyone else, just not as sharply.

Sas_The_Hibby
20-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Spences article is stupid, saying that we are in a good financial situation and that the Board should loosen the purse strings.

Eh, so he missed our whacking great loss this year on the amount we have been spending then? We will be cutting back like everyone else, just not as sharply.

:agree: Just read it and it's an inane article - basically saying if we got a good manager and had good players we could do really well! :doh:

basehibby
20-11-2011, 12:53 PM
I've not read the article (no links) but reading the responses I think I understand the point he's making.

IE - At this time with many of our competitors staring into a financial abyss, Hibs on the contrary stand at the threshold of a tremendous opportunity. It all depends though on getting the right man in for the managers job and giving him the backing to succeed.

The fact that we are in this position is owed entirely to the sterling business management displayed by the Hibs board over a period of 10 years or so - grabbing this opportunity is also within their power but they perhaps will need to move outwith their normal comfort zone to make it happen - increasing budget when our competitors are drastically cutting theirs in order to make good our advantage, when the prevailing instinct is to cut costs.

SneakersO'Toole
20-11-2011, 01:05 PM
We could have the quality of the current Barcelona team and we still wouldn't achieve 23 in a row. Our feeble mentality to these games would still be the same if this were the case.

Sas_The_Hibby
20-11-2011, 01:10 PM
We could have the quality of the current Barcelona team and we still wouldn't achieve 23 in a row. Our feeble mentality to these games would still be the same if this were the case.

Burn the heretic! :greengrin

SaudiHibby
20-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Hark, what's this??:confused: We might be in a great position in years to come because of the fantastic work done by our Board and Sir Tom? Nah, your jesting surely :wink:

Hibercelona
20-11-2011, 01:55 PM
I agree with sneakers. Its hard to win games regardless of who is on the pitch, when theres no winning mentality at the club. Its something thats be sorley lacking for far too long IMO.