PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Calderwood.

greenlex
19-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Did anyone else hear this walloped on Radio Scotland tonight?
Was praising Hibs for their second half performance and Griffiths in particular.
Now you might think what's the problem.
well the problem for me is that there s no wayon gods earth he would have done this if he wasn't in for the managers job. He has spent for as long as I remember being negative about Hibs ay every opportunity.
I do not want this snake in the grass walloper anywhere near the job.
That s all.

Winston Ingram
19-11-2011, 10:12 PM
He's clearly a mong. Griffiths had one decent kick of the baw aw half:confused:

Aldo
19-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Was praising Hibs for their second half performance and Griffiths in particular.
well the problem for me is that there s no wayon gods earth he would have done this if he wasn't in for the managers job. He has spent for as long as I remember being negative about Hibs ay every opportunity.
That s all.

Thank god that man will get nowhere running our team!

TornadoHibby
19-11-2011, 10:16 PM
That s all.

We can only hope that you've just had a powernap incororating a horrible dream! :agree: :wink:

If he ever gets the manager's job at Hibs I will NEVER renew my ST and won't have another until he is well gone from ER! :confused:

sixtwo
19-11-2011, 10:26 PM
I'd rather have him than any yam. Brown,Jeffries, Robertson or any other hearts tramp can gtf

Iain G
19-11-2011, 10:28 PM
We can only hope that you've just had a powernap incororating a horrible dream! :agree: :wink:

If he ever gets the manager's job at Hibs I will NEVER renew my ST and won't have another until he is well gone from ER! :confused:

I wouldnt be so sure he wont be our next manager! Rod must be thinking about how much money they can save by having a manager with the same surname as the previous one, he is probably checking out if its cheaper to get Jimmy to change his name to Colin by deed pole than buying new business cards and headed notepaper ;-)

ScottB
19-11-2011, 10:45 PM
That s all.

Is it not likely that he has simply applied, and doesn't want to bitch about the club in public.

Doesn't mean the job is his.

lucky
19-11-2011, 10:52 PM
I'd rather have him than any yam. Brown,Jeffries, Robertson or any other hearts tramp can gtf

:agree:

...WentToMowAnSPL
19-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Has potential - any trainers tops with JC left from the John Collins era, or with CALDERWOOD on from CC's would not need to be replaced and could simply be reused.. Surely this is the financially responsible option ??

Bayern Bru
19-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Whether it's hogwash or not, it's actually pretty refreshing to hear some positivity about the club! :agree::greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
19-11-2011, 11:33 PM
That s all.

100% agreed :agree:

The Harp Awakes
20-11-2011, 12:01 AM
That s all.

Don't agree with your point and I'm speaking from first hand knowledge. Jimmy C is a friend of a friend and I've chatted to him about football over the years any time I've met him. He's always been complimentary of Hibs when I've been in his company. He's said to me in the past that Hibs are a well run Club, and that the Manager's job is one of the best in Scottish football - and I might add he said that to me while Manager of Aberdeen.

If you want an example of this on the field of play, I remember a Cup replay in 2007 at Easter Road when under John Collins we beat Aberdeen 4-1. Jimmy Calderwood after the game came onto the pitch at full time and shook every Hibs players hand. How many Managers would have done that after being knocked out the Cup? Hibs were brilliant in the 2nd half that game. Here's the link to the match report:

http://www.scotland-mad.co.uk/sngl/ed56/hibs_4__aberdeen_1_319786/index.shtml

Notice the headline; 'Once again John Collins half time changes secure a win for Hibs'.

While he wouldn't be my choice for the Hibs job, Jimmy is a good lad and an able football Manager IMO.

greenlex
20-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Don't agree with your point and I'm speaking from first hand knowledge. Jimmy C is a friend of a friend and I've chatted to him about football over the years any time I've met him. He's always been complimentary of Hibs when I've been in his company. He's said to me in the past that Hibs are a well run Club, and that the Manager's job is one of the best in Scottish football - and I might add he said that to me while Manager of Aberdeen.

If you want an example of this on the field of play, I remember a Cup replay in 2007 at Easter Road when under John Collins we beat Aberdeen 4-1. Jimmy Calderwood after the game came onto the pitch at full time and shook every Hibs players hand. How many Managers would have done that after being knocked out the Cup? Hibs were brilliant in the 2nd half that game. Here's the link to the match report:

Notice the headline; 'Once again John Collins half time changes secure a win for Hibs'.

While he wouldn't be my choice for the Hibs job, Jimmy is a good lad and an able football Manager IMO.

Would you care to expand on his slaverings on ESPN just a matter of weeks ago when on the programme with John Collins when we played Dunfermline I think it was?
He said something along the lines of problems he can talk about but John perhaps can't and then went on to actually say **** all? I am of the opinion he is a spineless waffle who is trying to ingratiate himself to the club in what I think is a snake like sneaky manner. I can see through him. All wind and Pish.

Having said all that he could be very successful at ER but doesn't make him a gent in my book. Not Hibs Class for sure.

cabbageandribs1875
20-11-2011, 11:31 AM

he's always been pretty complimentary re: hibs teams :agree:

Franck is God
20-11-2011, 12:07 PM
I had the fortune or misfortune to hear his summation of the game and to be honest I thought he was talking about a different match.

Billy Brown set us up yesterday primarily to not lose and nothing more, in fact I saw nothing different to what I've seen up to this point this season, completely unimpressed and I hope neither are in charge of Hibs long term.

frazeHFC
20-11-2011, 12:11 PM
I really would like Jimmy Calderwood to get the job. I think he would be a good manager for us.