PDA

View Full Version : He's one of our own...

Winston Ingram
19-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Does anybody actually like this song?

We seem to inflict this on any player who's confessed to being a Hibs fan. :tin hat:

Viva_Palmeiras
19-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Is fear and self-loathing becoming de riguere at Hibs ?
Im kinda serious here sheesh!

This isn't a comment aimed at you just a general observation

1two
19-11-2011, 09:21 PM
I think it's cringeworthy

Winston Ingram
19-11-2011, 09:27 PM

Me too.

Dire in fact. :agree:

Springbank
20-11-2011, 02:37 AM
I like it, no cringe from me!!

Compare the type of international footballer we typically rear (Riordan, Brown, Thomson, Whittaker, O'Connor, Fletcher, Kenny Miller) with the type the manky yams do (medal-shy midfielder Gary MacKay, boring Craig Levein, Christophe Hoof Brown Trout Hoof Berra) I think it tells a story.

When I sing about Hibs Kids being one of our own, it means something, about our club, my wish for cavalier football, entertainers and attackers…the type that Hearts traditionally do not take to (see Paolo Sergio's current difficulties introducing passing football to the becardiganed yam faithful)

So, I like it, it means something to me.

basehibby
20-11-2011, 04:27 AM

Football fans sing cheesy song SHOCK!

Had a listen to Glory Glory recently? :greengrin

Hibby70
20-11-2011, 08:43 AM
Glory glory truly is horrific when its played over the tannoy. Id rather they played Hibee Hibernian.

One of our own is ok in my book.

Simon Cowell.

IndieHibby
20-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Does anybody actually like grumpy ****ers that go to football matches, get the royal-hump, moan, abuse the players, swear excessively in front of kids, lose their rag and have a go at people who, despite their generally similar feelings towards the entertainment on offer, manage to retain some grace and dignity in public and try to improve the atmosphere in any way they can? And then come onto hibs.net to start it all over again?

Go on - anyone? I dare you to disagree with me!

:wink:

.Sean.
20-11-2011, 10:38 AM
I don't mind it, but I won't sing it to Garry O'Connor. He's not 'one of our own', he's a Celtic fan and will most likely be offski in January.

Sas_The_Hibby
20-11-2011, 11:43 AM
I don't mind it, but I won't sing it to Garry O'Connor. He's not 'one of our own', he's a Celtic fan and will most likely be offski in January.

:agree: I find this one a bit bizarre too. Nothing against GOC, and pleased to have him back, albeit briefly, but he's clearly someone else's own!

Scouse Hibee
20-11-2011, 11:50 AM

Really :confused: each to their own I suppose.

Mind you my hearing must be going as I said to my laddie "why the **** are the East singing The Hibees are gay, stupid ****ers". After he'd stopped laughing he explained it was The Hibees get paid! :greengrin

jonny
20-11-2011, 12:12 PM

Mind you my hearing must be going as I said to my laddie "why the **** are the East singing The Hibees are gay, stupid ****ers". After he'd stopped laughing he explained it was The Hibees get paid! :greengrin

:faf::top marks

Sas_The_Hibby
20-11-2011, 12:13 PM

From where I was in the East Stand it sounded like the Singing Section WERE singing "The Hibees Are Gay". If they were it doesn't bother me and I think it's quite funny. I don't care how many of us are gay or not and singing it ourselves just makes Hearts supporters who sing it at us look a bit pathetic IMO.

Can't be bothered trawling through the Singing Section thread TBO, but I think they make an effort at least, unlikethe rest of the ground (including my part of the East Stand) who do naff all.

bigstu
20-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Does anybody actually like this song?

We seem to inflict this on any player who's confessed to being a Hibs fan. :tin hat:

i like it, better than singing nothing.

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 06:22 PM
It shouldn't be sang about any player. People like Riordan then fine but Garry isn't a Hibee :aok: