PDA

View Full Version : Pass marks?

hibsbollah
19-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Couldnt make the game today. Who did well? Osborne, Stevenson? anyone?
...and was Hart as bad as we all remember?

Barney McGrew
19-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Hanlon, Stephens, Stevenson, Osbourne got pass marks IMO. The rest were much of a muchness.

O'Connor looked totally and utterly disinterested though and should have been subbed.

DJ HIBBY
19-11-2011, 07:14 PM
After that debacle hard to give anyone pass marks. Only one I could possibly give to would be Stephens

Brebners Bookie
19-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Entire back 4 were very good today. People are over reacting because we didn't win. The goal came from a great defensive header from O'Hanlon and the midfield failed to track back, and of course stack messed up. Stephens Hanlon and O'hanlon in particular didn't put a foot wrong.

PatHead
Hart was worse than we remember. Osbourne, Stephens and Hanlon all got passmarks (Cant fault Stack but he had nothing to do.)

Darth Hibbie
For me Stephens, Hanlon and O'Hanlon get pass marks. Stack probably as well but felt he could have done better with their goal. Towell done alright when he came on. The rest were somewhere between uninterested and rubbish.

matty_f
19-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Would say that Stack, Hanlon, O'Hanlon and Stevenson got pass marks.

Osbourne and Stephens had a good game.

DJ HIBBY
19-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Hanlon, Stephens, Stevenson, Osbourne got pass marks IMO. The rest were much of a muchness.

O'Connor looked totally and utterly disinterested though and should have been subbed.

I don't get this love in with Stevenson and can't believe he has lasted this long at Easter Road. Really doesn't bring anything to the party

thekaratekid
19-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Hart looked well off the pace and was hooked at half time.

Towell had a stinker when he came on in the second half. He should have slotted in at RB as opposed to MF IMO.

I thought David Stephens played well today.

Barney McGrew
19-11-2011, 07:19 PM
I don't get this love in with Stevenson and can't believe he has lasted this long at Easter Road. Really doesn't bring anything to the party

He was decent today, at least he was trying to spray passes to get us going forward.

Which was difficult given the total lack of movement by his fellow midfielders and forwards to get into a space where he could give them the ball.

down-the-slope
19-11-2011, 07:22 PM

:agree:

down-the-slope
19-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Hart was worse than we remember. Osbourne, Stephens and Hanlon all got passmarks (Cant fault Stack but he had nothing to do.)

Other than not spill shot that was fired in on rebound

DJ HIBBY
19-11-2011, 07:25 PM
He was decent today, at least he was trying to spray passes to get us going forward.

Which was difficult given the total lack of movement by his fellow midfielders and forwards to get into a space where he could give them the ball.

I just think he doesn't have it even at this piss poor level. Easily brushed off the ball and gave the ball away very cheaply. Agree about lack of movement though. If that is our players busting a gut to try and help Brown get the job then it really is worrying times. There was a total lack of desire and urgency.

Scouse Hibee
19-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Stephens was MOM in my opinion, the sponsors went for Hanlon who also had a decent game.

Hanlon was asked by Grant Stott when being presented with his champagne what Brown said at half time and was it a rollicking. Hanlons reply; "Actually he never shouted, he seemed more confused than anything else as to why we were playing so poorly after training so well all week". Hanlon did go on to say that Brown was an in your face manager and wasn't slow to tell you the truth!

Hibs Class
19-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Galbraith struggled to get zero marks. Offered nothing going forward and very lazy when we didn't have the ball.

DJ HIBBY
19-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Stephens was MOM in my opinion, the sponsors went for Hanlon who also had a decent game.

Hanlon was asked by Grant Stott when being presented with his champagne what Brown said at half time and was it a rollicking. Hanlons reply; "Actually he never shouted, he seemed more confused than anything else as to why we were playing so poorly after training so well all week". Hanlon did go on to say that Brown was an in your face manager and wasn't slow to tell you the truth!

Can only think that the reason we are great in training as we are playing against each other?:confused:

SneakersO'Toole
19-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Stephens was our best player IMO. Agree that Hanlon and O'hanlon were decent.

Galbraith proved again that he offers nothing. How he got a new contract I'll never know.

O'Connor was beyond bad. Both him and Sproule really need a rocket up their erchies. They are supposed to be some of the experienced pro's in the squad yet another disappointing performance.

Don't even get me started on Hart.

Stevenson is tenacious and works hard but his basic errors are schoolboy. He is and will never be good enough.

The others were at best average.

fife hfc
19-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Its funny how people see games differently as I thought O'Hanlon was terrible, with O'Connor providing competition for our worst player. Stephens, hanlon and Stevenson done okay and Sproule and Griffiths at least found a spark for 15 - 20minutes to get us backinto the game. You can see that Osbourne has ability but needs to impose himself more on the game. Overall it isclear that the players are playing with fear and lack in confidence and the new manager has a hell of a job on their hands.

Derek Dougan
19-11-2011, 07:31 PM
How O'Connor stayed on until the end is beyond me. He should have been hooked at half time. Not interested and looked completely unfit. Thought Sproule had a shocker in the 1st half. Improvement in the 2nd when he linked up quite well with Griffiths.
Stephens, Hanlon and Osbourne I thought had decent games. Stevenson gave the ball away too many times for my liking. Wotherspoon was Wotherspoon. You've got no idea what you're going to get from him. Unfortunately, I think he's becoming a bit of a target for the boo boys. Won't do his confidence, which is low at the moment, any good at all.

Love the Green
19-11-2011, 07:32 PM
David Stephens only player who gets anything like pass marks, he payed very well.

Stack should have done better with their goal and the rest were the ususal ***** we have been expected to put up with now for 2 seasons, 2 clear outs in that time and we still have the worst playing staff in the league....

"keep the faith"

ALF TUPPER
19-11-2011, 07:32 PM

Agree and would possibly add Ivan to that.

KingFranck
19-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Stevenson Hanlon Stephens Osbourne and Griffiths all pass marks. Galbraith should have been subbed after 15 mins complete waste of a jersey. .

lucky
19-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Stephens gave away a cheap corner that led to the goal but was decent. For Lewis Stevenson played well. Ozzy worked his socks of. Towell is dire. I would punt him back to the spin offs ASAP

Crab apple
19-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Stephens was our best player IMO. Agree that Hanlon and O'hanlon were decent.

Galbraith proved again that he offers nothing. How he got a new contract I'll never know.

O'Connor was beyond bad. Both him and Sproule really need a rocket up their erchies. They are supposed to be some of the experienced pro's in the squad yet another disappointing performance.

Don't even get me started on Hart.

Stevenson is tenacious and works hard but his basic errors are schoolboy. He is and will never be good enough.

The others were at best average.

:agree: That was my take on things today Sneakers. Impressed with Stephens and definitely a better pairing with O'Hanlon than Hanlon is. I also thought Osbourne was one of the few players to combine dig with some passing ability. Two home games in a row that Garry has looked well off the pace.

TornadoHibby
19-11-2011, 09:12 PM

Not even for failing to deal competently with the 30+yd shot that he palmed straight back out to the Killie forward on the 6 yd line who promptly fired it straight into the empty net for their goal?! :confused: :rolleyes:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Ivan played well.

archiebald
19-11-2011, 09:34 PM
O'Conner and Sproule look like two half pissed players from sunday teams-the way Sproule blows after a wee sprint is shocking for somebody that trains all week (or does he ? ) :confused:

Jonnyboy
19-11-2011, 09:37 PM
Stephens was very good, Lewis tried hard but O'Hanlon was caught under the ball so often it was embarrassing. He won very few headers against Heffernan who is at least eight inches shorter than him.

Opinions eh :wink:

silverhibee
19-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Stephens was very good, Lewis tried hard but O'Hanlon was caught under the ball so often it was embarrassing. He won very few headers against Heffernan who is at least eight inches shorter than him.

Opinions eh :wink:

O'Hanlon is a bombscare in our defence.

steakbake
19-11-2011, 11:27 PM
Generally the team looked hopelessly unfit. Some players looked knackered after 30 mins. O Connor was terrible today. He looked like he was on his arse by half time. These men need to get a frickin grip.

Disco Dave
19-11-2011, 11:39 PM
I don't understand the stick Towell is getting, I thought he was OK when he came on, I didn't think Stephens was as good as everyone is making out either, opinions eh :greengrin

My biggest gripe is Galbraith, I thought BB would have found him out before now, complete waste of a jersey, horrible, horrible football player.

truehibernian
20-11-2011, 12:04 AM
I thought Lewis gave absolutely everything for Hibs today, tired after 75 and maybe should have been subbed, but looked composed, good on the ball, and fought like a wee terrier. Stephens, despite giving away a needless corner which led to goal, was otherwise faultless.

Danny was anonymous, DW far better when we put him at right back (bizarre), Hanlon way better second half when he held his position, and Stack solid (criticised him previous game but was really confident this week).

For me wee Lewis for effort and battling alone gets MOM award.

SteveHFC
20-11-2011, 12:06 AM
I thought Stephens, Osbourne and Stevenson done well.

Emerald
20-11-2011, 12:07 AM
I thought Lewis gave absolutely everything for Hibs today, tired after 75 and maybe should have been subbed, but looked composed, good on the ball, and fought like a wee terrier. Stephens, despite giving away a needless corner which led to goal, was otherwise faultless.

Danny was anonymous, DW far better when we put him at right back (bizarre), Hanlon way better second half when he held his position, and Stack solid (criticised him previous game but was really confident this week).

For me wee Lewis for effort and battling alone gets MOM award.

Lewis put the shift in, tried hard tacked. May not be the best player in the world but he TRIED. The rest........................

Dunbar Hibee
20-11-2011, 02:10 AM
None of them. All pish today.

basehibby
20-11-2011, 02:10 AM
Couldnt make the game today. Who did well? Osborne, Stevenson? anyone?
...and was Hart as bad as we all remember?

1st half the 4-5-1 just wasn't working and only Stacks, Stephens, Stevenson and Hart - just back from injury - got passmarks from me - the rest just didn't seem to know what they were meant to be doing.

2nd half a switch to 4-4-2 lead to much improved performances all over the pitch with Galbraith and Hart being sacrificed for Towell and Griffiths, with Wotherspoon dropping back to RB, Towell in front of him and Sproule switching from right to left. Grffiths looked lively and earned his goal with some tenacious play, helping O'Connor to get into his game a bit more by being an able partner up front. Stevenson continued to work his socks off and Osborne looked a lot more comfortable as part of a midfield pair rather than the forward point of the triangle as in the 1st half.

A tendency not to be able to find a teammate with a 10 yard pass in the 1st half was not quite quite shaken off in the 2nd although an improved display merited the point if not much else.

Brown in the dugout - Don't know if it was meant to be a 4-3-3 but what turned out to be a 4-5-1 at home got exactly what it deserved in the 1st half. Brown just didn't get it right with the starting line up and we looked disjointed, falling behind to a far from spectacular but still better than us Killie. Give credit where it's due though, he rang the changes at half time and the draw was deserved in the end - the team appearing to have a bit more fire in their bellies in the 2nd half. Would be unfair to draw any conclusions after just one game but he'll need to do better than this to have any chance of landing the job full time IMO.

Septimus
20-11-2011, 05:17 AM
Stephens gets pass marks. Listen to Booz's commentary. He continually remarks on the lack of movement off the ball and he is right. The majority of the players are clearly unfit for a ninety minute match.

That said Killie looked a tidy outfit and for some reason or other we can't compete at their level.

IWasThere2016
20-11-2011, 05:28 AM

Add Stack and agreed. Will say in GOC's defence he was isolated too often and often too long before he'd support.

Thought Stevenson was our MOTM

Barney McGrew
20-11-2011, 07:58 AM
He continually remarks on the lack of movement off the ball and he is right

We've been like that all season. The players don't make any attempt to move into space for a pass, and they don't anticipate what's going to happen. Case in point at Killie's goal yesterday, their guy hits the initial shot and the only one who moves waiting for it come off Stack was Pascali who was then left with a simple tap in.

Beefster
20-11-2011, 08:06 AM
I genuinely thought that they were all mince. A player might do something right but, two minutes later, he's letting a runner pass him too easily or trotting back to defend when he should be sprinting. I'm in the same position as this time last season where there is no-one that I'd be desperate to keep, come a clear-out. Whoever made the decision to give Stevenson and Galbraith new contracts should be sacked for that alone (if they haven't already).

Judas Iscariot
20-11-2011, 08:14 AM
Just shows how much bother we're in when Stevenson is being touted as MOTM :bitchy:

allezsauzee
20-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Stevenson was our MOTM and Osbourne worked hard as usual. The defence played well enough as well. O'Connor, Galbraith and Towell were a waste of space. Sproule was pretty ineffective for most of the game

Golden Bear
20-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Garry O should not be an automatic pick in the team - he seems to think he is.

This is where a Manager should earn his corn by getting thru to the players that they must perform consistently otherwise they will be "rested". Sodje must be a bit *issed off right as he has seldom let the team down and he fully deserves his place back.

Disc O'Dave
20-11-2011, 09:28 AM
I felt Stevenson was having a good game, but tired towards the end, so a couple of errors crept in - I can see why BB left him on though, as he was then only one doing that "sleeves up, grafting" role in the middle of the park. Could have hid himself away during that late spell, but to his credit, kept at it.....

Stephens was my man of the match.

I'm generally not one for negative comments, but if Hart was a horse, I would have expected to see the vet go into the dressing room at half time with a rifle. He needs to be put out of his misery, it's just not happening for him at Hibs.

Hibby70
20-11-2011, 09:30 AM
In order from good to awful, I'll let you decide at which point Good stops and where it goes from bad to awful.

1. Stephens
2. Hanlon
3. Osbourne
4. Stack
5. Stevenson
6. O'Hanlon
7. Wotherspoon
8. Griffiths
9. Sproule
10. O'Connor
11. Towell
12. Hart
13. Scott
14. Galbraith

Whilst Brown made the changes he needed to I think he waited far too long. Could see after 10 mins having GOC upfront on his own wasnt working and Galbraith was offering nothing.

Billy Whizz
20-11-2011, 10:07 AM
For me there were only a few pass marks yesterday
Stephens and Hanlon for their ability yesterday and Stevenson for his work rate. In the 2nd half I thought Towell and Wotherspoon interchanged their positions well, maybe something to build on their!

On the negative side really poor performances from 2 of the most experienced players O'Hanlon and O'Connor, and as for Galbraith!

greenlex
20-11-2011, 11:12 AM
In order from good to awful, I'll let you decide at which point Good stops and where it goes from bad to awful.

1. Stephens
2. Hanlon
3. Osbourne
4. Stack
5. Stevenson
6. O'Hanlon
7. Wotherspoon
8. Griffiths
9. Sproule
10. O'Connor
11. Towell
12. Hart
13. Scott
14. Galbraith

Whilst Brown made the changes he needed to I think he waited far too long. Could see after 10 mins having GOC upfront on his own wasnt working and Galbraith was offering nothing.

Scott was on for minutes! O'connor was the second or maybe even worst payer on the park and Spoony was poor too. Hart did little wrong other tan being sharper at their goal. ( asnt payed for months do whist maybe not acceptable it's understandable ) towell did little wrong either when he came on. Strange summation IMHO.

Golden Bear
20-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Scott was on for minutes! O'connor was the second or maybe even worst payer on the park and Spoony was poor too. Hart did little wrong other tan being sharper at their goal. ( asnt payed for months do whist maybe not acceptable it's understandable ) towell did little wrong either when he came on. Strange summation IMHO.

That's the way I saw it.

However give a dog a bad name etc etc -------- the rest is all too familiar.

Seveno
20-11-2011, 02:24 PM
I must have been at a different game. Only Hanlon gets pass marks from me.

The centre backs were woeful, neither has any ability to play the ball out of defence. O'Hanlon is the new Colin Murdoch and Stephens can only wallop the ball out for a throw-in.

Ivan worked hard but it was asking a lot for him to do it on his own.

greenlex
20-11-2011, 03:07 PM

The centre backs were woeful, neither has any ability to play the ball out of defence. O'Hanlon is the new Colin Murdoch and Stephens can only wallop the ball out for a throw-in.

Yup. Definately a different game.

Shrekko
20-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Just shows how much bother we're in when Stevenson is being touted as MOTM :bitchy:

He didnt play badly but was average and tired badly. How this is MOTM material is beyond me.

Stephens and Hanlon I'd say were the only 2 above average- slightly.

Jim44
20-11-2011, 06:15 PM
He didnt play badly but was average and tired badly. How this is MOTM material is beyond me.

O'Connor better get a grip of himself (he was shocking against Dunfermline as well) or his career could be over by the end of the season. Let's hope it's just a bad phase he's going through and not the consequences of a lifestyle he professes to have put behind him.

silverhibee
20-11-2011, 06:38 PM

John Rankin got slated on here for putting in that kind of performance that Lewis put in yesterday, yes Lewis works hard but what else does he bring to the party.,

blackpoolhibs
20-11-2011, 06:49 PM

I agree with most of that, but i'd say Stephens was far and away our best performer, even after getting a silly booking early on. I'd throw O'sbourne in too. He tried to play a bit of football at times.

weonlywon6-2
20-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Its funny how people see games differently as I thought O'Hanlon was terrible, with O'Connor providing competition for our worst player. Stephens, hanlon and Stevenson done okay and Sproule and Griffiths at least found a spark for 15 - 20minutes to get us backinto the game. You can see that Osbourne has ability but needs to impose himself more on the game. Overall it isclear that the players are playing with fear and lack in confidence and the new manager has a hell of a job on their hands.

that stood out for me a lot ,yesterday.

i think we play better away from home

Scouse Hibee
20-11-2011, 07:30 PM

Yes you must have been at a different game or sat at ER with your eyes closed!

Hibby70
21-11-2011, 05:47 AM
Scott was on for minutes! O'connor was the second or maybe even worst payer on the park and Spoony was poor too. Hart did little wrong other tan being sharper at their goal. ( asnt payed for months do whist maybe not acceptable it's understandable ) towell did little wrong either when he came on. Strange summation IMHO. Glabraith was so bad i put him below Scott. Subs and those that were subbed naturally get less marks on a pro rata basis.