PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Cup Draw - Cowdenbeath v Hibs

Billy Whizz
19-11-2011, 05:24 PM
For those of you who look forward to Hibs annual Scottish Cup Challenge!
The draw for the 4th Round is on Tuesday 22nd November at 10.30am.
The draw is live on Sky Sports!

SteveHFC
19-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Auchinleck at Home :aok:

Billy Whizz
19-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Auchinleck at Home :aok:

How do you we could beat them

Future17
19-11-2011, 05:34 PM
How do you know we could beat them

We don't but they'll be cracking odds at the bookies. :wink:

Sir David Gray
19-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Teams we could face;

Aberdeen
Airdrie
Arbroath
Auchinleck Talbot
Ayr/Montrose
Brechin
Celtic
Cowdenbeath
Culter/Partick Thistle
Dundee
Dundee Utd
Dunfermline
East Fife
Elgin/Queen's Park
Falkirk
Greenock Morton
Hamilton
Hearts
Inverness
Kilmarnock
Livingston
Motherwell
Peterhead
Queen of the South
Raith Rovers
Rangers
Ross County
Stenhousemuir
St Johnstone
St Mirren
Stranraer/Forfar

I would take;

Auchinleck Talbot
Culter (If they get past Partick Thistle)
Elgin/Queen's Park
Montrose (If they get past Ayr)
Stranraer/Forfar

At Easter Road.

Really don't want any SPL or first division teams at the moment and I wouldn't fancy any sides from the second division away from home either.

Franck Stanton
19-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Teams we could face;

Aberdeen
Airdrie
Arbroath
Auchinleck Talbot
Ayr/Montrose
Brechin
Celtic
Cowdenbeath
Culter/Partick Thistle
Dundee
Dundee Utd
Dunfermline
East Fife
Elgin/Queen's Park
Falkirk
Greenock Morton
Hamilton
Hearts
Inverness
Kilmarnock
Livingston
Motherwell
Peterhead
Queen of the South
Rangers
Ross County
Stenhousemuir
St Johnstone
St Mirren
Stranraer/Forfar

I would take;

Auchinleck Talbot
Culter (If they get past Partick Thistle)
Elgin/Queen's Park
Montrose (If they get past Ayr)
Stranraer/Forfar

At Easter Road.

Really don't want any SPL or first division teams at the moment and I wouldn't fancy any sides from the second division away from home either.

In my opinion we would be better withdrawing from this competition as each and every year it just causes even more embarrassment to us. As for the above named teams, any one of them could beat us just now the state we are in.

Mikey
19-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Hearts at home would be good. We've have them at ER for 2 consecutive games if that happens.

H18sry
19-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Cowdenbeath away please :pray:

Sir David Gray
19-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Hearts at home would be good. We've have them at ER for 2 consecutive games if that happens.

I don't want to play them any more often than we have to.

Four times a season is already more than enough. Twice in one week would just be horrendous.

Although if we were guaranteed to win both games then I might change my mind! :greengrin

saltandsauce
19-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Any team away who's ground I've not been to please

Hibs Class
19-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Hearts at home would be good. We've have them at ER for 2 consecutive games if that happens. Hearts are hoping for an away tie to the OF. Right now they are s***e and they know it but they are desperate for the cash and badly need the pay day asap.

Billy Whizz
19-11-2011, 07:10 PM

Imagine we did the double over them

Hibernia Na Eir
19-11-2011, 07:22 PM
any of they above teams would fancy themselves at Easter road. It's an easy place for a win.

Sir David Gray
19-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Imagine we did the double over them

That would be brilliant.

However, considering we need to go back almost 3 years to find the last time that we won two derbies in a row, I find that outcome highly unlikely.

Mikey
19-11-2011, 07:35 PM
any of they above teams would fancy themselves at Easter road. It's an easy place for a win.

Except Kilmarnock :wink:

Eyrie
19-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Will they have enough players left for a team by then?

Nakedmanoncrack
19-11-2011, 08:35 PM
This could be the year.....

LancashireHibby
20-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Queen of the South away please. Not that I'd particularly fancy our chances there!

SteveHFC
20-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Does anyone know the odds of us getting a lower league team and getting beat :dunno:

LancashireHibby
20-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Does anyone know the odds of us getting a lower league team and getting beat :dunno:

The bookies stopped taking bets 6 months ago.

sundo1875
20-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Anyone below 1st division at home

Billy Whizz
22-11-2011, 09:01 AM
For those of you who look forward to Hibs annual Scottish Cup Challenge!
The draw for the 4th Round is on Tuesday 22nd November at 10.30am.
The draw is live on Sky Sports!

Coming up soon for those looking forward to it:faf:

Bayern Bru
22-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Apparently Rangers and Celtic were pulled out together at the practice, so guaranteed they won't be playing each other!

CallumLaidlaw
22-11-2011, 09:29 AM
Anyone bar the old firm at home please. Cup top up.

GloryGlory
22-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Apparently Rangers and Celtic were pulled out together at the practice, so guaranteed they won't be playing each other!

They were just checking the balls had been heated to the correct temperature! :greengrin

Hibbyradge
22-11-2011, 09:37 AM
We're number 19.

Hearts v Auchinlech

Hibbyradge
Away to Cowdenbeath.

SteveHFC
Hibs will play Cowdenbeath away.

Northernhibee
22-11-2011, 09:40 AM
We're number 19.

Hearts v Auchinlech

Auchinlech, ever been to a nice big SPL quality stadium before? Well, you still won't have done!

I'll take Cowdenbeath.

bawheid
22-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Ooft. Away to a side flying high at the top of Division 2.

Better luck in 2013 fellow Hibees!

Sylar
Awa' to Cowdenbeath then.

Ross County vs Stenhousmuir
Livingston vs Ayr/Montrose
Raith vs Greenock
Hearts vs Auckinleck Talbot
Cowdenbeath vs Hibs
St Johnston vs Brechin
Falkirk vs East Fife
Motherwell vs Elgin City/Queens Park
Arbroath vs Rangers
Peterhead vs Celtc
Airdrie United vs Dundee United
Dundee vs Kilmarnock
St Mirren vs Hamilton

smurf
Tough draw for us. We are capable of losing to anyone....

bawheid
22-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Talbot will fancy their chances at Tynecastle against the grunts' U-19 side...

greenlex
22-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Tough draw for us. We are capable of losing to anyone....

:agree: I reckon Cowdenbeath will be looking forward to this a bit more than Hibs.

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-11-2011, 09:45 AM
A tricky tie for us I would think and a potential banana skin, I remember going there during the mogadon era and it was minging, if your going remember to put your wellies on, local natives not too friendly either IIRC.

cabbageandribs1875
22-11-2011, 09:54 AM
god awful record against the blue brazil in years gone by

SC two games=one win each

LC one game= hibs win

league 18 games= 7 wins each + 4 draws

we must have been really crap in the 1920's(no change)

get it sorted petrie :greengrin

Billy Whizz
22-11-2011, 09:57 AM
I noticed their ground holds 4,370. I presume it will be mostly standing for Hibs supporters?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Park,_Cowdenbeath

KeithTheHibby
22-11-2011, 09:58 AM
Christ they are a second division team, we should be delighted with this draw as it could have been far worse!!!

Steve20
22-11-2011, 10:02 AM
They've won 6 out of 6 at home in the league.

Barney McGrew
22-11-2011, 10:02 AM
It's all standing and open to the elements. If you've not been before you're in for a treat.

It's one of the most grim places on earth. It makes the PBS look state of the art

Billy Whizz
22-11-2011, 10:07 AM
It's all standing and open to the elements. If you've not been before you're in for a treat.

It's one of the most grim places on earth. It makes the PBS look state of the art

It's a run down version of Berwick Rangers

basehibby
22-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Cowdenbeath away please :pray:

:top marksfor prescience - hows about praying to actually win the bloody thing then :agree:

Now I think about it - meet me for a beer and you can pray for a couple of blondes while I get them in :greengrin

Cod Boy
22-11-2011, 10:15 AM
good to see the 2 junior sides getting each other

Simon70
22-11-2011, 10:15 AM

Not true, it has two seated stands down one of the long sides of the pitch, one wooden, one more modern.

NOLA
22-11-2011, 10:16 AM
colin cameron/lee Makel will be loving this tie :agree: and is thomas Flynn the goalie we had here?

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-11-2011, 10:18 AM
I reckon the Yaks will be in for a torrid time against AT, they take no prisoners and are one of the best ever junior sides in recent years, drooling over this one...:agree:

helsbels
22-11-2011, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE=The Story So Far...;2998990]Awa' to Cowdenbeath then.

Raith vs Greenock
Cowdenbeath vs Hibs
St Johnston vs Brechin
Falkirk vs East Fife
Arbroath vs Rangers
Peterhead vs Celtc
Dundee vs Kilmarnock
St Mirren vs Hamilton

One missing Forfar/Stranraer vs Aberdeen

cabbageandribs1875
22-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Not true, it has two seated stands down one of the long sides of the pitch, one wooden, one more modern.

:agree: well it was when we were there in 93 :greengrin

Sylar
22-11-2011, 10:22 AM
I'm also missing the Culter/Partick tie, as I didn't quite catch who they were facing :greengrin

HH81
22-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Any chance of this been a tv game?

Posh Swanny
22-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Any chance of this been a tv game?

Anyone know how many games will be shown at this stage? Its probably third choice behind both OF games.

heretoday
22-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Hibs for the Cup! Cha Cha Cha!

Billy Whizz
22-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Anyone know how many games will be shown at this stage? Its probably third choice behind both OF games.

With both Rangers and Celtic being drawn away to lower league teams, I'm sure they will be these 2 games.
The Romance of the cup and all that........

The Sea-gull
22-11-2011, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=The Story So Far...;2998990]Awa' to Cowdenbeath then.

Raith vs Greenock
Cowdenbeath vs Hibs
St Johnston vs Brechin
Falkirk vs East Fife
Arbroath vs Rangers
Peterhead vs Celtc
Dundee vs Kilmarnock
St Mirren vs Hamilton

One missing Forfar/Stranraer vs Aberdeen

Stranraer v Aberdeen. Possibily the longest journey in Scottish football (if we are talking league clubs).

iwasthere1972
22-11-2011, 10:37 AM
god awful record against the blue brazil in years gone by

SC two games=one win each

LC one game= hibs win

league 18 games= 7 wins each + 4 draws

we must have been really crap in the 1920's(no change)

get it sorted petrie :greengrin

What you fail to point out is the last time they beat us was in 1930. :wink:

When's the draw for the next round. :greengrin

Sylar
22-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Stranraer v Aberdeen. Possibily the longest journey in Scottish football (if we are talking league clubs).

Trumped only by Ross County vs Stranraer, which is a whopping 534 mile round trip!

Spike Mandela
22-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Last time we went there in the Cup I remember all the Cowdenbeath pubs ran out of Lager!

I also remember us getting a very late late dubious penalty to earn a draw so dodgy in fact that my mate turned to me and said "this must be what it feels like to be a Hun"

helsbels
22-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Trumped only by Ross County vs Stranraer, which is a whopping 534 mile round trip!

Try Peterhead or Elgin vs Stranraer even further (all in division 3)

brydekirk
22-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Cowdenbeath away please :pray: U got ur prayers answered, who are we getting next ?

Posh Swanny
22-11-2011, 10:52 AM
U got ur prayers answered, who are we getting next ?

Auchinleck Talbot. :pray:

:greengrin

BT58
22-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Reporter on sky asking colin cameron when he knew when we last won cup
Then brings up the exits from Ayr & Ross cty
Smirkin Bassa
Bt

Pretty Boy
22-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Actually quite looking forward to this one.

Love going to old grounds and standing. Played at Central Park but never been a spectator there so another new ground to add to the list.

Away games to lower league opposition are rarely great football wise but should be an interesting day out if nothing else so i personally can't wait.

Sir David Gray
22-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Not quite sure what to make of this one.

On the face of it, a tie against a second division side should be straightforward for an SPL side. However, confidence is so low within the club at the moment that I don't think there's many teams that you could comfortably say that Hibs would beat just now. Thankfully the tie is almost 6 weeks away so we have time to get the new manager in and settled and hopefully spark a turnaround in our fortunes.

From a personal point of view, this isn't a great tie as I highly doubt that the facilities for wheelchairs will be up to much. I've got a feeling that I could be put into the main stand, which will be all home fans and I wouldn't be up for that.

There are no all-SPL ties in this round either, which is a bit of a blow.

That could mean that we are going into the last 16 of the cup, with 12 of the teams being from the SPL. :rolleyes:

Broken Gnome
22-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Last time we won away from home to a lower league side in the Scottish? Queen of the South?

NYHibby
22-11-2011, 11:22 AM
There are no all-SPL ties in this round either, which is a bit of a blow.

That could mean that we are going into the last 16 of the cup, with 12 of the teams being from the SPL. :rolleyes:

Inverness CT v Dunfermline?

Sir David Gray
22-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Last time we won away from home to a lower league side in the Scottish? Queen of the South?

Yep, which was also the last time that we were drawn away from home in a Scottish Cup tie, not just against a lower league side. Since then, we have played, and lost to, Ross County and Ayr Utd away from home but both those matches were replays after drawing at Easter Road.

Since then we have played;

Dunfermline (Hampden)
Dunfermline (Hampden) REPLAY
Inverness (Easter Road)
Rangers (Easter Road)
Rangers (Ibrox) REPLAY
Hearts (Easter Road)
Irvine Meadow (Easter Road)
Montrose (Easter Road)
Ross County (Easter Road)
Ross County (Victoria Park) REPLAY
Ayr Utd (Easter Road)
Ayr Utd (Somerset Park) REPLAY

Sir David Gray
22-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Inverness CT v Dunfermline?

Ooops, missed that one out!

Even still, that means that there could be 11/16 teams in the last 16 from the SPL.

Would have preferred that number to have been a bit lower. I know it could still be lower as some SPL teams could lose to their lower league opponents but there's not many ties like that which are jumping out at me, perhaps with the exception of Dundee fancying their chances at home to Kilmarnock and Hamilton maybe doing something at St Mirren, but that probably doesn't help us very much as I wouldn't really like us to play Dundee or Hamilton!

Sylar
22-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Try Peterhead or Elgin vs Stranraer even further (all in division 3)

Wow - Elgin is indeed further at 548 mile round trip! Staggering distance for a game of third division football - when you consider how little money these clubs make on a weekly basis, you have to wonder if it's worth it, as the clubs will almost certainly operate at a loss with these games!

Peterhead is still quite a trek too, but not as much (by around 15 miles) as the other 2.

California-Hibs
22-11-2011, 11:43 AM
We'll win this game easy hands down. We'll have a manager and be more organised and in a much stronger position by then. We should (hopefully) have a few new faces in providing we get some work done as soon as the window opens. Even if we dont though, i still believe that we have a current squad capable of beating a 2nd division team for FFS! Yes we've been terrible of late, but i still stand firm with the correct man appointed and with players playing in correct positions with a correct formation that we have an ok team that are capable of getting results. Don't get me wrong, we have alot of players on the books that aren't good enough to wear the green, and we MUST have a clear out and sort out our very weak defence, but c'mon guys this is Cowdenbeath, not Man United!!

C'mon the Hibs :flag:

BEEJ
22-11-2011, 11:51 AM
We'll win this game easy hands down. We'll have a manager and be more organised and in a much stronger position by then.

We should (hopefully) have a few new faces in providing we get some work done as soon as the window opens.
:greengrin How long have you been a Hibs supporter?

By 7/8 January, any 'new faces' are likely to be youngsters returning from loan.

California-Hibs
22-11-2011, 11:53 AM
:greengrin How long have you been a Hibs supporter?

By 7/8 January, any 'new faces' are likely to be youngsters returning from loan.

I know i know, it's an ambitious thought, but i can dream! :greengrin

IWasThere2016
22-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Ooft. Away to a side flying high at the top of Division 2.

Better luck in 2013 fellow Hibees!

:agree: I reckon Cowdenbeath will be looking forward to this a bit more than Hibs.

They've won 6 out of 6 at home in the league.

:worried: NIGHTMARE draw IMHO.

My dad's fae Cowden - and I have an uncle with the number 0001 ST - which has he has held for > 50 years.

Potential disaster for me if we get beat!! PETRIE! :grr:

frazeHFC
22-11-2011, 01:28 PM
"Hearts v Auchinleck in the cup. A Mickey Mouse outfit whose players don't get paid for playing, versus Auchinleck..."

:faf:

Cabbage East
22-11-2011, 01:43 PM
At the risk of sounding like a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist, that draw looks like a massive fix.

Lucius Apuleius
22-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Baws. We will gub them. No wahala. :flag:

Hamish
22-11-2011, 01:55 PM
I have seen Cowden a couple of times this season - this will be difficult. Cameron has them playing some good stuff and him and Makel who is his assistant will have them fired up, they are not great defensively but break quickly. Up front Lewis Coult is well over 6 ft and is a good out ball for them and Greg Stewart is quick and clever. At the back Armstrong they got from the Hearts a couple of seasons back and Mbu who was playing junior a couple of seasons ago are big and powerful but aren't the quickest.

Going on when they played Raith and Dunfermline last year, the away fans got the terracing behind the goal and the old stand. Suppose depending on if we pick up before January, we might get the main terracing as we did in '93.

Ollie Reed
22-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Last time we went there in the Cup I remember all the Cowdenbeath pubs ran out of Lager!

I also remember us getting a very late late dubious penalty to earn a draw so dodgy in fact that my mate turned to me and said "this must be what it feels like to be a Hun"

Was it not 0-0, D? Thought it was goalless then we won the return leg 1-0.

What I do remember is that they had an absolute stonewall penalty turned down in the very last seconds, Hunter scythed their substitute.

Maybe it was a different game! :greengrin

Hamish
22-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Ollie, you are correct. One of the most definite penalties, that was not given, that I have ever seen.

Margaret's husband scored in the replay at ER.

LancashireHibby
22-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Worked out my train times, just hoping for time off work and to get a ticket and it's on! :wink:

Hamish
22-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Worked out my train times, just hoping for time off work and to get a ticket and it's on! :wink:

With the bigot brothers both away from home, take it no chance Sky or BBC will want to show our game?

LancashireHibby
22-11-2011, 02:13 PM
With the bigot brothers both away from home, take it no chance Sky or BBC will want to show our game?

Can't see it, they're always first in the queue for the TV. I'm sure it will be confirmed for the Saturday within the next few days.

Sir David Gray
22-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Can't see it, they're always first in the queue for the TV. I'm sure it will be confirmed for the Saturday within the next few days.

It will be Arbroath v Rangers on Sky and Peterhead v Celtic on Sky.

Spike Mandela
22-11-2011, 03:44 PM

What I do remember is that they had an absolute stonewall penalty turned down in the very last seconds, Hunter scythed their substitute.

No you are right it is my auld memory that is befuddled. It was a stonewall penalty that Cowdenbeath were denied. It was your brother that made the comment

cabbageandribs1875
22-11-2011, 04:02 PM
i reckon the hertz v talbot game could/should be on the tellybox :agree: hopefully an ayrshire junior team have success in Edinburgh this time around :thumbsup:

Spike Mandela
22-11-2011, 04:19 PM
i reckon the hertz v talbot game could/should be on the tellybox :agree: hopefully an ayrshire junior team have success in Edinburgh this time around :thumbsup:

If Auchinleck are looking for a windfall I hope they get the money via the SFA and not direct from Hearts. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Hearts withheld the minnows payment for the tie till the very last minute as per HMRC.

ShanksSaidNo
22-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Reporter on sky asking colin cameron when he knew when we last won cup Then brings up the exits from Ayr & Ross cty Smirkin Bassa Bt Was the reporter p*shed, or are you?

S4uzee
22-11-2011, 05:29 PM
The writing is on the wall for another early exit

Franck Stanton
22-11-2011, 07:14 PM
I noticed their ground holds 4,370. I presume it will be mostly standing for Hibs supporters?

Will be as theres nae seats. Total tip o' a ground, mainly used for the speedway track around the pitch. Remember playing them in the Cup a few years ago 0-0 at their place, [we were lucky,] last minute their c/f burst through [ carthorse named Herd,] and Hunter felled him in box. Stone - wall penalty. Amazingly ref didn't give it waving play on. Couldnae believe it. If memory serves me we won replay at E/R 1-0, With this shower we have just now we could even lose this one.

I'm_cabbaged
22-11-2011, 07:33 PM
The biggest cheer of the day came from the public park pitch just outside the ground, a team wearing green scored a free kick from about 30 yards, IIRC. :greengrin

edit: meant to quote the last time we played there in the cup.

Hamish
22-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Will be as theres nae seats. Total tip o' a ground, mainly used for the speedway track around the pitch. Remember playing them in the Cup a few years ago 0-0 at their place, [we were lucky,] last minute their c/f burst through [ carthorse named Herd,] and Hunter felled him in box. Stone - wall penalty. Amazingly ref didn't give it waving play on. Couldnae believe it. If memory serves me we won replay at E/R 1-0, With this shower we have just now we could even lose this one.

eh.... yes there are. There are 2 stands, beside each other. We may get the older stand and the terracing behind the goal as there is a separate entrance in Chapel Street which may aid the segregation.

Hermit Crab
22-11-2011, 08:16 PM
The writing is on the wall for another early exit

A very negative 3rd post mate.

Eyrie
22-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Don't know how up to date this is, but here's some details on Central Park (http://www.scottishgrounds.co.uk/cowdenbeath.htm).

SteveHFC
22-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Cowdenbeath is a ****hole. :agree:

Hamish
22-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Don't know how up to date this is, but here's some details on Central Park (http://www.scottishgrounds.co.uk/cowdenbeath.htm).

Yes, hasn't changed since these pictures.

Hamish
22-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Cowdenbeath is a ****hole. :agree:

Can't really argue, but they have plans to move to a new stadium. Given they get an average 300 at a home game they are punching well above their weight and have been doing for a few years now.

iwasthere1972
22-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Don't take any England flags.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=0LUIUAPPSbM

Hibernia Na Eir
22-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Interesting to note that since Donald Findlay entered Cowdenbeath they now wear black socks :wink:

oh, i wonder why??

franco
22-11-2011, 09:15 PM

God i remember that game well, im sure they had to get changed in portocabins as they never had changing rooms

down-the-slope
22-11-2011, 09:20 PM

Better not let Scouse Hear that :rolleyes:

Franck Stanton
22-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Okay, be pedantic, I take it you have had a humour by-pass then? Yes you are correct, there is a ramshackle crappy stand wich runs almost the length of the pitch, but, speaking for the majority of the Hibs fans that attend, then they will be standing

Dashing Bob S
22-11-2011, 09:26 PM
I recall the last time we played them in cup enjoying a drink in several 'colorful' hostelries and a surprising decent meal in some Italian place. On that basis, rather looking forward to my return to the Blue Brazzzzzeeeeeeellll

IWasThere2016
23-11-2011, 06:17 AM
Was 0-0 last time. I was working and got there at HT. We were poor. The players did get change in portakabins.

Hamish
23-11-2011, 07:24 AM
Okay, be pedantic, I take it you have had a humour by-pass then? Yes you are correct, there is a ramshackle crappy stand wich runs almost the length of the pitch, but, speaking for the majority of the Hibs fans that attend, then they will be standing

Over 1000 seats, there are actually 2 stands, one is ramshackle, the other was only built in 1993.

Regards

Mr Pedant.

hibeedonald
23-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Went there last season for a Stirling Albion game, we were 3-0 down with 10 minutes to go before making a 3 goal comeback to save promotion, was absolutely wild!! Also the worst ground i have ever been too, maybe even worse than the PBS, it has a race track round the edge of it! terrible view etc aswell, although you can create some racket in the bit they give to away fans.

Scouse Hibee
23-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Better not let Scouse Hear that :rolleyes:

I heard! :greengrin

Cabbage East
23-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Was there for the pre season friendly in 2008? Maybe 2009. Dive of a ground but at least we'll Get terracing. The town is grim too and the boozers won't exactly be Hibs friendly, definitely no that one at the top of the hill anyway :greengrin