PDA

View Full Version : Singing section!

SGHIBEE
19-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Can I just be the first to say that the singing section was THE most annoying thing about the game today as usual. Not one song about Hibs and the rest of the songs spent singing about Hearts. Not a standard grade amongst them.

FranckSuzy
19-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Can I just be the first to say that the singing section was THE most annoying thing about the game today as usual. Not one song about Hibs and the rest of the songs spent singing about Hearts. Not a standard grade amongst them.

Hope you've got your :tin hat: at the ready..............

Emerald
19-11-2011, 05:32 PM
I thought Janet from X factor was in today lol. Great attemp at Sunshime on Leith tho :clapper:

Josh 01
19-11-2011, 05:32 PM
When did we turn into celtic, singing their stupid song throughout the game

Danny_Hibee
19-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Can I ask when the Hibs references were removed from Hail Hail, Glory Glory, Turnbulls Tornadoes, Sunshine on Leith, Green n White Army as well as songs about the players!?

Future17
19-11-2011, 05:37 PM

Did anyone join in with the songs you started?

Barney McGrew
19-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Now now, thou shalt not criticise the Hibernian Glee Club :tsk tsk:

lucky
19-11-2011, 05:38 PM
It sounded like 20 bevvied youths singing there hearts out but not making much noise or sence. They performed about the same standard as the team.

SteveHFC
19-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Some of the songs they do sing are a rubbish though. But they create atmosphere at Easter Road.

william1875
19-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Aye, completely agree. Tbh, the singing section is embarrassing at the moment. 20 kids singing regardless of the performance on the pitch, which has been absolutely shocking over the last few months might I add. I am all about getting behind your team but not when they are not willing to actually put in the effort themselves. For the first time in years I am seriously considering forgetting about my season ticket next year. If anyone can convince me otherwise, please do so...

Danny_Hibee
19-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Aye, completely agree. Tbh, the singing section is embarrassing at the moment. 20 kids singing regardless of the performance on the pitch, which has been absolutely shocking over the last few months might I add. I am all about getting behind your team but not when they are not willing to actually put in the effort themselves. For the first time in years I am seriously considering forgetting about my season ticket next year. If anyone can convince me otherwise, please do so...

So it is embarassing supporting your team even while they are not winning? I think that may be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read in my life - quite an impressive display of stupidity even for this place!

wazoo1875
Can I just be the first to say that the singing section was THE most annoying thing about the game today as usual. Not one song about Hibs and the rest of the songs spent singing about Hearts. Not a standard grade amongst them. Really !! The most annoying thing today was a bunch of pissed up scudbooks singing crap songs? I'd have thought another load of served up by a load of under performing, who are not fit to wear hibs shirts was much more alarming! I'm out till the hearts game at new year. We are pish and I'll no miss it !

Rossco1875
apart from the songs about our pink neighbours ( dont mind singing songs about them when we are playing them) and the ohhhhh wooah song i thought they were pritty good, Sunshine on leith 10/10 and I think the club should play this song just before kick off at every home game!

Thomson1875
19-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Oh sorry sir,

Why don't you do something about it, considering we go through hail hail 80 times a half along with the usual ones then you come up and sing somenew songs.

If you are not happy do something about it, considering we all went through the numerous hibs songs several times, gets pretty boring. Why don't you come on up and sing some songs that are to your taste.

Stop complaining and do something about it, if it bugs you so much.

Are you not aloud to try and have a little bit enjoyment when the team are pants on the field.

How many songs did you try get going today?

william1875
19-11-2011, 05:53 PM
So it is embarassing supporting your team even while they are not winning? I think that may be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read in my life - quite an impressive display of stupidity even for this place!

It's not about not winning, it's about not performing! If anyone is being stupid it is you, not understand what I'm talking about. Or are you one of the 20 kids?

SGHIBEE
19-11-2011, 06:01 PM

Did anyone sing at the morgue today apart from the children?

Danny_Hibee
19-11-2011, 06:02 PM
It's not about not winning, it's about not performing! If anyone is being stupid it is you, not understand what I'm talking about. Or are you one of the 20 kids?

You said it is embarassing to show support for your team, get behind them and sing even when they arent performing - I think if we had won every game this season despite playing terribly it would be considered performing so I assumed you mean whilst not winning so I apologise for misunderstanding. My point still stands though that supporting your team is about showing your support and doing your best to cheer them on even when things are going badly.

And no, I'm not one of the "kids". I'm 20 actually, as it says underneath my avatar.

Thomson1875
19-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Some of use need to lighten up, what should people in the singing section do? Sit on there *****, zippit and shout abuse left right and centre at the team!

Yeah let's not support our team.

.Sean.
19-11-2011, 06:07 PM
My head was in my hands when I heard some moron attempt to start a Craig Thomson song.

SquashedFrogg
19-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Some of use need to lighten up, what should people in the singing section do? Sit on there *****, zippit and shout abuse left right and centre at the team!

Agree. Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the singing section be, erm, well, singing?

At least they're making an effort. I think the general point is to encourage others in the stadium to sing?

Too many people sitting on their hands sipping a cup of over priced tea :agree:

Keep up the good work guys!!

:flag::flag:

hibbymac
19-11-2011, 06:29 PM

Fanjeeta

RickyS
19-11-2011, 06:30 PM
their is zero atmosphere at ER these days, it has been dwindling for a couple of years.
there is little singing because the standard on the pitch is so bad.
so i take my hat off to those guys who can sing despite the frustration of watching some garbage.
well done guys, keep it up:top marks

Franck Stanton
19-11-2011, 06:31 PM

Twelve months ago, I was in the place you now find yourself. This season, I resisted the temptation to renew and, to be honest, it doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would. Still read everything about the team, am on here every day, still am passionate about the CLUB, [ not the idiots we currently have masquarading as players, need to get them ALL tae ,,,,,, as soon as possible], New manager ? imo we should keep the current encumbant and start interviewing for 11 new players.

Nuitdelune
19-11-2011, 06:34 PM
their is zero atmosphere at ER these days, it has been dwindling for a couple of years.
so i take my hat off to those guys who can sing despite the frustration of watching some garbage.

Aye, leave the laddies alone

greenlex
19-11-2011, 06:35 PM

:agree:

CallumLaidlaw
19-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Don't have a problem with the songs. But that tune that sounded like something from sister act was just bloody annoying. Just sounded depressing to be honest.

007 Mickey Weir
19-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Well done to the singing section for giving a super dull game a bit of an atmosphere. Weird how so many hibs fans got upset when u sang the stupid wooooaa song. Calling it a Celtic song. Did they sing it? Did anyone else sing it? Who cares?

Keep it up. Let's hope the boys on the pitch start to show a tenth of your enthusiasm.

If u sit up in that section and don't like singing then move!! It is the 'singing' section.

Hail hail

Cabbage East
19-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Daft wee laddies.

DC_Hibs
19-11-2011, 06:44 PM
First time in history Hibs have ever followed Celtic as these young pups pay too much attention to the Green Brigade Trampfest.
Singing the St Pauli Ultra bull**** which has been latched onto by all and sundry - especially Celtic - is the icing on the cake.

Donations have ended.

SGHIBEE
19-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Fanjeeta

Aye right pal.

SaulGoodman
19-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Yes, let's spend quite a lot of money on a season ticket each year so we can sit on our ***** and give it a right good boo at full time, and listen to people like you telling us what we should and shouldn't be doing while we're there.

At least the singing section are doing their bit at putting a bit of atmosphere back into the club, it's a shame ********s like you suck it straight back out. :bye:

Future17
19-11-2011, 06:52 PM

:greengrin

So you're against creating an atmosphere in general, not just the singing section specifically?

Tricla
19-11-2011, 06:52 PM

It sounded like 20 bevvied youths singing there hearts out but not making much noise or sence. They performed about the same standard as the team.

And biscuit faced erchies like you guys make the atmosphere at ER much more enjoyable!

One Day
19-11-2011, 06:53 PM
And no, I'm not one of the "kids". I'm 20 actually, as it says underneath my avatar.[/QUOTE]

You need to get out more

225-EasterRd
19-11-2011, 06:55 PM
GET A ******LIFE,:confused: Negativity Negativity am sick of it. Fans trying to do somthing to lift the bad atmosphere at Easter Rd, getting stick from you bunch off moaning negative :asshole: idots. If we actually get behind the team and yes right now it is hard, it might lift the players.

SINGING SECTION from my seat in the no singing aloud,, west stand i Thank u for trying to do somthing positive.:not worth:top marks:hibees

Tricla
19-11-2011, 06:58 PM

apart from the songs about our pink neighbours ( dont mind singing songs about them when we are playing them) and the ohhhhh wooah song i thought they were pritty good, Sunshine on leith 10/10 and I think the club should play this song just before kick off at every home game!

Oh sorry sir,

Why don't you do something about it, considering we go through hail hail 80 times a half along with the usual ones then you come up and sing somenew songs.

If you are not happy do something about it, considering we all went through the numerous hibs songs several times, gets pretty boring. Why don't you come on up and sing some songs that are to your taste.

Stop complaining and do something about it, if it bugs you so much.

Are you not aloud to try and have a little bit enjoyment when the team are pants on the field.

How many songs did you try get going today?

You said it is embarassing to show support for your team, get behind them and sing even when they arent performing - I think if we had won every game this season despite playing terribly it would be considered performing so I assumed you mean whilst not winning so I apologise for misunderstanding. My point still stands though that supporting your team is about showing your support and doing your best to cheer them on even when things are going badly.

And no, I'm not one of the "kids". I'm 20 actually, as it says underneath my avatar.

Agree. Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the singing section be, erm, well, singing?

At least they're making an effort. I think the general point is to encourage others in the stadium to sing?

Too many people sitting on their hands sipping a cup of over priced tea :agree:

Keep up the good work guys!!

:flag::flag:

Fanjeeta

Well done to the singing section for giving a super dull game a bit of an atmosphere. Weird how so many hibs fans got upset when u sang the stupid wooooaa song. Calling it a Celtic song. Did they sing it? Did anyone else sing it? Who cares?

Keep it up. Let's hope the boys on the pitch start to show a tenth of your enthusiasm.

If u sit up in that section and don't like singing then move!! It is the 'singing' section.

Hail hail

Yes, let's spend quite a lot of money on a season ticket each year so we can sit on our ***** and give it a right good boo at full time, and listen to people like you telling us what we should and shouldn't be doing while we're there.

At least the singing section are doing their bit at putting a bit of atmosphere back into the club, it's a shame ********s like you suck it straight back out. :bye:

GET A ******LIFE,:confused: Negativity Negativity am sick of it. Fans trying to do somthing to lift the bad atmosphere at Easter Rd, getting stick from you bunch off moaning negative :asshole: idots. If we actually get behind the team and yes right now it is hard, it might lift the players.

SINGING SECTION from my seat in the no singing aloud,, west stand i Thank u for trying to do somthing positive.:not worth:top marks:hibees

I agree with all of the above.

The anti Singing Section brigade can GTF IMO.

Sc̣nalḍ
19-11-2011, 07:01 PM
What the jim furyk is the 'woooah' song:confused:

hibsbollah
19-11-2011, 07:03 PM
The singing section is the best thing about the club these days. GTF the tornfaced disaster brigade!

At The Edge
19-11-2011, 07:11 PM
For what its worth, i'm in s43 and no one around me booed at half time, so in my book that makes the folk around me in s43 less grumpy than your average Hibs fan today,
S43, one of the least grumpy sections of ER
:greengrin

chrisski33
19-11-2011, 07:14 PM
So whilst the team is playing garbage someone has to moan about the singing section singing and creating an atmosphere? Ffs get a grip bet u didnt attempt any songs!

Barney McGrew
19-11-2011, 07:15 PM
I think some people need to remember that although the singing section like to sing, not everyone that goes to ER does.

Just because you don't join in with relentless songs about Hertz doesn't make you less of a supporter.

wearethehibs
19-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Haha got to laugh at some fans. At least the singing section are supporters and not spectators. If you want to moan and greet why not start some songs yourself?

biggie1875
19-11-2011, 07:21 PM
The singing section is the best thing about the club these days. GTF the tornfaced disaster brigade!
:agree::flag:

Sodje_18
19-11-2011, 07:22 PM
So you would prefer we just sit in silence. We're the real fans actually getting behind the team unlike you lot the 'boo brigade'. Absolute phannies, if that's your mentality I for one don't want you anywhere near ER :aok:

SquashedFrogg
19-11-2011, 07:25 PM
I have to say I'm astonished at people complaining about fans singing at games :confused:

Back in the good old days of the East terrace (standing of course) it was one entire 'singing' section. A song started and everyone just went mental!

People who don't like singing at football matches should take up bowls :agree:

Barney McGrew
19-11-2011, 07:26 PM
So you would prefer we just sit in silence. We're the real fans actually getting behind the team unlike you lot the 'boo brigade'. Absolute phannies, if that's your mentality I for one don't want you anywhere near ER :aok:

So are people that don't sing not 'real' fans then?

Does everyone who doesn't sing spend their time booing?

wearethehibs
19-11-2011, 07:27 PM
I would just like to add that I don't like 1 of the songs in question. So I don't sing it. But I would never have a go at people that do SING and SUPPORT the team. Singing section is without a doubt the best part of going to ER these days. Keep the noise going :)

Winston Ingram
19-11-2011, 07:28 PM

What a ridiculous post. In a ground that was devoid of of any atmosphere they were one of the few highlights today. You must prefer sitting in silence which makes me question why you bothered turning up:confused:

SaulGoodman
I think some people need to remember that although the singing section like to sing, not everyone that goes to ER does.

Just because you don't join in with relentless songs about Hertz doesn't make you less of a supporter.

I don't have a problem with people that go to the games and don't sing - I don't sing either, I've never been that way at a match.

But when people come on to this and tell the people that are trying to create an atmosphere to "GTF" that's what I'm sure most people are bothered about, especially when it's one of your own teams fans as well, it's pretty pathetic.

Bishop Hibee

:top marksespecially Sunshine on Leith. I'm a bit long in the tooth to be in there but it's great that there is a section of the ground that people can go to and sing. Long may it continue and if you don't like it, tough.

If the players, management, directors and owner cared as much we wouldn't be in the situation we find ourselves.

HNA6
19-11-2011, 07:32 PM
So you would prefer we just sit in silence. We're the real fans actually getting behind the team unlike you lot the 'boo brigade'. Absolute phannies, if that's your mentality I for one don't want you anywhere near ER :aok:Oh deary me ..like it or not the singing section isnt for everyone ..folk are quick enough to back slap on here when things are going well so surely others are allowed to criticise when they dont like a choice of songs ..the bits in bold ..grow up !!

Sodje_18
19-11-2011, 07:33 PM
So are people that don't sing not 'real' fans then?

Does everyone who doesn't sing spend their time booing?
Is your usual way of conducting an argument to twist other people's words?

I said people who are quiet and complaining about fans singing aren't real fans. These were probably the same people who said CC is too quiet, not animated etc. Again twisting my words I just said the boo brigade I didn't specify who it was and certainly didn't say it was all fans that didn't sing. These people imo are spectators not supporters.

Duffys13
19-11-2011, 07:36 PM

Aye they get right on my t*ts. Fact is if the team is at the races, you would never need a singing section. In bad times such as we have been on for the last 2 1/2 seasons you will never get the place going, so a section of folk singing their songs just makes background noise and makes me cringe at times to be honest.

Sodje_18
19-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Oh deary me ..like it or not the singing section isnt for everyone ..folk are quick enough to back slap on here when things are going well so surely others are allowed to criticise when they dont like a choice of songs ..the bits in bold ..grow up !!
And I can accept it isn't for everyone, if you want to go to a match with the family and not sing fair enough that's what the west stand is for. People who actually complain about it when they choose to sit in the East Stand have nobody to blame but themselves. You have every right to criticize the songs being song just as I have every right to defend them.
Grow up? I'm just a bevvied up kid apprently :rolleyes:

Barney McGrew
19-11-2011, 07:39 PM
I said people who are quiet and complaining about fans singing aren't real fans. These were probably the same people who said CC is too quiet, not animated etc.

You've no idea if they're 'real fans' or not, and the second part of that is a bit of a sweeping generalisation is it not?

Or is that twisting your words :rolleyes:

FWIW, I think the singing section is a good idea and rightly gets plaudits. But it needs to take the rough with the smooth, and take any comments that are not in it's favour on the chin. Fair play, they at least varied the songs today from the usual half dozen digs at Hertz, but the mindset that some people have that they are some kind of uberfans who are better than other people that attend ER week in week out just because they sing the odd song needs to be dropped.

SquashedFrogg
19-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Oh deary me ..like it or not the singing section isnt for everyone ..folk are quick enough to back slap on here when things are going well so surely others are allowed to criticise when they dont like a choice of songs ..the bits in bold ..grow up !!

Again, astonished that in a stadium devoid of any atmosphere, can anyone be in any position to criticise people making the effort to sing. The singing section is in it's infancy and will tweak, adjust songs sung as they move forward.

IMHO they should be applauded and nothing less.

R'Albin
19-11-2011, 07:42 PM
You've no idea if they're 'real fans' or not, and the second part of that is a bit of a sweeping generalisation is it not?

Or is that twisting your words :rolleyes:because they

FWIW, I think the singing section is a good idea and rightly gets plaudits. But it needs to take the rough with the smooth, and take any comments that are not in it's favour on the chin. Fair play, they at least varied the songs today from the usual half dozen digs at Hertz, but the mindset that some people have that they are some kind of uberfans who are better than other people that attend ER week in week out just sing the odd song needs to be dropped.

I mind last year at Inverness they were chanting "You're only part time supporters" To the folk leaving...Yeah the people who travelled however many hours down to Inverness are part timers :rolleyes:

NOLA
19-11-2011, 07:46 PM
when i was younger (during the lexo years) we never had a singing section, there never seemed a reason to have one, the fans sung as usual, i think the loss of the old main stand (feet stamping on the wooden floor :greengrin) and the new east stand has defo made ER seem less atmospheric, its hard to sing laldy when your rooted to your seat, the team though need to give the fans in general and not just the singing section something to shout about.

Sodje_18
19-11-2011, 07:47 PM

Or is that twisting your words :rolleyes:

FWIW, I think the singing section is a good idea and rightly gets plaudits. But it needs to take the rough with the smooth, and take any comments that are not in it's favour on the chin. Fair play, they at least varied the songs today from the usual half dozen digs at Hertz, but the mindset that some people have that they are some kind of uberfans who are better than other people that attend ER week in week out just because they sing the odd song needs to be dropped.
Reading back on that I do see how it can be conceived in that way, it definitely wasn't intended like that. Apologies to those offended. I meant the boo brigade aren't real fans.
And I don't agree with singing about them when we aren't playing them. But songs like stand up if you hate... is just an attempt to get more involved. They are certainly not better than other fans who go every week but don't sing, but they're better than those who spend the whole time shouting abuse at the team. In times like these we need to get behind the team which is the whole point of the singing section, so what the op said is just ridiculous, we sang about hibs a lot today but he's seemed to block out those songs.

Jack
19-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Can I just be the first to say that the singing section was THE most annoying thing about the game today as usual. Not one song about Hibs and the rest of the songs spent singing about Hearts. Not a standard grade amongst them. Congratulations on being first. You must be very proud.

HNA6
19-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Again, astonished that in a stadium devoid of any atmosphere, can anyone be in any position to criticise people making the effort to sing. The singing section is in it's infancy and will tweak, adjust songs sung as they move forward.

IMHO they should be applauded and nothing less.Ive been in the singing section mate, ive sung in the singing section ..ive no gripe against the singing section, however folk have a right to question the songs which are being sung just as much as folk have a right to praise them ..I agree the thread title is a bit oot as it does nothing to help debate & is only creating a tit for tat thread with the usual prtedictable uber fan pish being spouted ...

Future17
19-11-2011, 08:02 PM

I think it's fair to say that the "rough" in this case is a bit more than constructive criticism. Phrases like "GTF" and "not a standard grade amongst them" maybe give an insight of the attitude/mentality of the poster and he/she deserves everything they get in reply.

Beefster
19-11-2011, 08:03 PM
This is going to go down like a cup of rancid vomit but I think that concentrating everyone who wants to sing in one place has been a disaster for the atmosphere.

I sit almost slap bang in the middle of the East and I can barely hear the songs being sung most of the time so it can't be doing much in the rest of the ground. There is also absolutely hee-haw singing in the rest of the ground now. At least when all the hard-core singers were scattered about a bit it encouraged the rest of us to sing every now and then.

If that makes me one of the anti-singing section, torn faced ****wits, so be it.

SquashedFrogg
19-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Ive been in the singing section mate, ive sung in the singing section ..ive no gripe against the singing section, however folk have a right to question the songs which are being sung just as much as folk have a right to praise them ..I agree the thread title is a bit oot as it does nothing to help debate & is only creating a tit for tat thread with the usual prtedictable uber fan pish being spouted ...

fair enough, guess the op has just struck a nerve. ER isn't the happiest place right now and when someone starts criticising people for singing it tough not to react.

Everyone IS entitled to their opinion. But as they say, opinions are like ar*e holes... everyone's got one, but there's a time and a place for exposing it :rolleyes:

God Petrie
19-11-2011, 08:13 PM
This self-appointed singing section is embarrassing to be honest and I don't think any of them realise the connotations half of their songs carry.

Nuitdelune
19-11-2011, 08:14 PM
I think it's fair to say that the "rough" in this case is a bit more than constructive criticism. Phrases like "GTF" and "not a standard grade amongst them" maybe give an insight of the attitude/mentality of the poster and he/she deserves everything they get in reply.

Yes, for a good while--or at least since the team was going good, it's strange how hibs.net has become a bit middle class and sniffy/huffy and a lot of the one liner 'rough' folk have gone. I lament their passing

Danny_Hibee
19-11-2011, 08:15 PM
You need to get out more

:aok:

Quite ironic input from someone whose location is "my home"

Barney McGrew
19-11-2011, 08:16 PM

Fair enough, but this isn't the first thread where the comments towards them haven't been favourable and not the first time that anyone who dares to be the slightest bit negative in any way is rounded on.

IWasThere2016

Spot on - place would be deid without them!

Beefster
Yes, for a good while--or at least since the team was going good, it's strange how hibs.net has become a bit middle class and sniffy/huffy and a lot of the one liner 'rough' folk have gone. I lament their passing

By 'middle class', do you mean articulate?

SquashedFrogg

Away and smell yer maw :na na:

SGHIBEE
19-11-2011, 08:17 PM

I lIke you

SquashedFrogg
19-11-2011, 08:19 PM
I lIke you

People who 'like' people should gtf :agree: No place for them at Hibs..

Nuitdelune
19-11-2011, 08:20 PM
By 'middle class', do you mean articulate?
yes

The_Famous_HFC
19-11-2011, 08:22 PM
At least they are making an effort.

Nuitdelune
19-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Away and smell yer maw :na na:

She is here with me and smells fine

Future17
19-11-2011, 08:24 PM
This is going to go down like a cup of rancid vomit but I think that concentrating everyone who wants to sing in one place has been a disaster for the atmosphere.

I sit almost slap bang in the middle of the East and I can barely hear the songs being sung most of the time so it can't be doing much in the rest of the ground. There is also absolutely hee-haw singing in the rest of the ground now. At least when all the hard-core singers were scattered about a bit it encouraged the rest of us to sing every now and then.

If that makes me one of the anti-singing section, torn faced ****wits, so be it.

I think the reason for the death of atmosphere at ER is 90% stadium development and 10% team performance.

This self-appointed singing section is embarrassing to be honest and I don't think any of them realise the connotations half of their songs carry.

What connotations? :confused:

Dirkster23
19-11-2011, 08:27 PM

Load o pish!

SquashedFrogg
19-11-2011, 08:29 PM
She is here with me and smells fine

:tee hee:

I was obviously being ironic but your reply has out done me... :top marks

Nuitdelune
19-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Load o pish!
Could be

smurf
19-11-2011, 08:32 PM
They try. Get a lot right but now and again get it wrong.

Wish we could say the same about the imposters on the park.

Let's not direct our frustrations in the wrong direction folks...

PaulSmith
19-11-2011, 08:36 PM
They try. Get a lot right but now and again get it wrong.

Wish we could say the same about the imposters on the park.

Let's not direct our frustrations in the wrong direction folks...

Spot on.
How anyone can start a thread with such a divisive title against fellow Hibs fans who are at least making an effort is pretty sad IMO.

marinello59
19-11-2011, 08:38 PM
I think the reason for the death of atmosphere at ER is 90% stadium development and 10% team performance.

:

I think it's the other way round.

nonshinyfinish
19-11-2011, 08:41 PM

Elephant Stone

No way, with the way things are at the moment there wouldn't be any more noise with a smaller East. When the fans are excited the new East sounds much louder than the old one.

ronaldo7
My hearing is diminishing by the day but I thought I heard them singing "Oh the Hibees are Gay".

Correct me if I'm wrong Please:aok:

HibbyRod
19-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Spot on.
How anyone can start a thread with such a divisive title against fellow Hibs fans who are at least making an effort is pretty sad IMO.

I have to agree totally with that PS. :agree:

Barney McGrew
19-11-2011, 08:43 PM
My hearing is diminishing by the day but I thought I heard them singing "Oh the Hibees are Gay".

'Oh the Hibees get paid' I believe :nerd:

Wembley67
19-11-2011, 08:47 PM
**** everyone else, if you want to sing then sing if you don't then don't. Bunch o hearts ***** on here tonight.

greenlex
19-11-2011, 08:49 PM
I was in my usual seat in the West today and some bassa burst a balloon just before kick off. Woke up and I very near sht myself.:grr:

HibbyRod
19-11-2011, 08:54 PM
I was in my usual seat in the West today and some bassa burst a balloon just before kick off. Woke up and I very near sht myself.:grr:

:tee hee:

Spike Mandela
19-11-2011, 08:54 PM
The fact anyone can muster enough enthusiasm at ER these days to actually sing a song is to their credit IMO.

Thomson1875
19-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Mistakes are made by everyone everyweek, can't the singing section have a bad week or that?

It seems as if people look/listen for the mistakes to get straight on to forums/message boards whatever to have a go, don't like it then help find a solution. There's no point sitting behind a computer screen and complaining! Do you know what that achieves - the square root of eff all.

The team are to say the least total pants at the moment, but I would rather sing a sh*t song than boo a young player on the field (wotherspoon) which just shoots them to pieces imo.
The ***** with uber fans ect ect is a lot of rubbish as well we all support our club in different ways. I like a sing song at games as for me its just how I feel it should be but wouldn't slag or disrespect the way another supports the team.

As for the ridiculous first post 'not a standard grade between them' get a grip!

If it is constructive critism then it would lead to possible solutions.

Although my opinions may not be taking on board as I'm probally a 'buckfast swigging, no standard grades jakey 12 year auld' down to the fact I'm in the singing sectio

Whether you like it or not people like a singsong at football whether its the 'hibernian Glee Club' or not. Stick all the posters who are anti singsong/song choice in the section and let's see what use can bring to the table.

random sub
19-11-2011, 09:01 PM
The fact anyone can muster enough enthusiasm at ER these days to actually sing a song is to their credit IMO.

Bring back the old east- when singing was a spontaneous and self generated group activity. The new stand and the crap football has just about killed any atmosphere at ER these days

Winston Ingram
19-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Bring back the old east- when singing was a spontaneous and self generated group activity. The new stand and the crap football has just about killed any atmosphere at ER these days

aye, let's demolish it:rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
19-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Saddens me that the only folk trying to create an atmosphere in the morgue that is ER these days are asked to GTF. I don't always like what they sing either but at least they make the effort

Future17
19-11-2011, 09:42 PM

No way, with the way things are at the moment there wouldn't be any more noise with a smaller East. When the fans are excited the new East sounds much louder than the old one.

I'm not meaning to be negative but when have the fans been excited since the new stand was built?

I don't think I've heard the new East come anywhere close to the noise that was generated in the old East. Part of that is design-related acoustics but I think it's also to do with the requirement to sit down which can no longer be ignored (as it was in the old East).

Obviously the new stand has it's good points (increased capacity etc.) but the best chance for the long-term success of the singing section, and for a better atmosphere at ER in general, would be legislation to allow fans to stand at matches again.

marinello59
19-11-2011, 09:45 PM
I'm not meaning to be negative but when have the fans been excited since the new stand was built?

I don't think I've heard the new East come anywhere close to the noise that was generated in the old East. Part of that is design-related acoustics but I think it's also to do with the requirement to sit down which can no longer be ignored (as it was in the old East).

Obviously the new stand has it's good points (increased capacity etc.) but the best chance for the long-term success of the singing section, and for a better atmosphere at ER in general, would be legislation to allow fans to stand at matches again.

When the team gives us something...anything.....the noise coming out of the new East is far louder than the old midden used to generate. It might have sounded good in there but it didn't travel.

marinello59
19-11-2011, 09:47 PM
The GTF to fellow Hibs fans is a nonsense. The concept of an organised singing section is not above criticism but that's OTT. I do hate them but only because the majority of them are young single and carefree. The *******s. :greengrin

Future17
19-11-2011, 09:55 PM
When the team gives us something...anything.....the noise coming out of the new East is far louder than the old midden used to generate. It might have sounded good in there but it didn't travel.

We'll have to agree to disagree. :greengrin

I've sat in the West approximately 10 times since the new East was built and I've never heard it as loud as the old East was.

scott7_0(Prague)
19-11-2011, 09:55 PM
[QUOTE=Danny_Hibee;2995562
And no, I'm not one of the "kids". I'm 20 actually, as it says underneath my avatar.[/QUOTE]

Tee HEE..........:greengrin

Steve-O
19-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Haha got to laugh at some fans. At least the singing section are supporters and not spectators. If you want to moan and greet why not start some songs yourself?

Maybe because some people don't give a flying **** about singing songs and want to go to the football to WATCH SOME FOOTBALL. Singing songs usually occurs when you feel good about the game and what you are watching. Therefore you must accept that most people don't want to start singing pishy songs when the football on display is utter crud and you are therefore in a bad mood!

Bayern Bru
19-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Anyone who thinks that a dozen or so p*ssed up kids singing a few songs creates an atmosphere needs their head looking at. FWIW, I don't think the singing section IS a bunch of boozy kids, so that "description" is nonsense in itself.

Whilst I support the idea of the singing section, it's become a wee bit of a joke in recent weeks - but that's probably due in part to the performance of the team. If I'm at a game, I want to sing and/or hear songs about Hibs. Not pish about Hearts when we're playing Kilmarnock. Not b*llocks about Mercer, or Craig Thomson.

The fact is, there isn't an atmosphere at ER full stop, and a few songs from a small group sadly won't change that.

If the singing section must carry on, can there not be a focus on traditional Hibs songs? Glory Glory, etc. Not embarrassing stuff about Mercer and Hearts.

It's a total nonsense to try and blame anything on the singing section, who are only trying to boost the atmosphere - but hopefully there can be an improvement in the sorts of songs sung?

:flag:

Steve-O
19-11-2011, 10:04 PM
'Oh the Hibees get paid' I believe :nerd:

Dunno if I'd join in a song that gloats about the utterly pish Hibs squad getting paid, especially given where most of their wages come from - i.e. the mugs in the stands and elsewhere.

Shrekko
19-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Not read the whole thread but I'm sure the OP will be getting pelters . fact is he has a point.

It's not ALL I have to moan about and GTF might be a bit too far but if I was asked my opinion I'd say the singing section is becoming an embarrassment and I know many others who think the same.

The defenders say they're the only ones supporting the team but seriously I wonder if that is actually their mission. Who on earth apart from the 20-30 singers is going to join in with that mince? Same tunes, repetitive rubbish, absolutely humourless and dominated by references to the Jambos- I mean the one about Romanov and Hartley... Dearie me. It's well accepted that most Hibs fans aren't interested in those kind of songs but are the supposed cheerleaders bothered?

At the moment it does nothing for the atmosphere except irritate and make you cringe. I'm all for noise but watching wee boys bounce fae side to side singing some daft tune Celtic fans sing?

Hibernia Na Eir
19-11-2011, 10:39 PM
totally disagree with this thread.

Without these lads singing our, already mourge-like, stadium would become Easter Road Liabrary. At least they are making an effort.

That is all.

Hibernia Na Eir
19-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Anyone who thinks that a dozen or so p*ssed up kids singing a few songs creates an atmosphere needs their head looking at. FWIW, I don't think the singing section IS a bunch of boozy kids, so that "description" is nonsense in itself.

Whilst I support the idea of the singing section, it's become a wee bit of a joke in recent weeks - but that's probably due in part to the performance of the team. If I'm at a game, I want to sing and/or hear songs about Hibs. Not pish about Hearts when we're playing Kilmarnock. Not b*llocks about Mercer, or Craig Thomson.

The fact is, there isn't an atmosphere at ER full stop, and a few songs from a small group sadly won't change that.

If the singing section must carry on, can there not be a focus on traditional Hibs songs? Glory Glory, etc. Not embarrassing stuff about Mercer and Hearts.

It's a total nonsense to try and blame anything on the singing section, who are only trying to boost the atmosphere - but hopefully there can be an improvement in the sorts of songs sung?

:flag:

every club has fans who sing stuff their fellow fans would rather not hear. Its not new. Liverpool sing about Munich Air when they play Man Utd crash and so on....

Other songs ive heard are actually quite funny :thumbsup:

but i agree, these lads are just trying to improve a dire atmosphere that is Easter Road.

SGHIBEE
19-11-2011, 10:53 PM
People who 'like' people should gtf :agree: No place for them at Hibs..

I like you too

monktonharp
19-11-2011, 11:19 PM
I am totally amazed, nay astounded , at some of the recent posts about singing (complaining) at the match today. I was not at the game,through work commitments , so unable to comment much on the songs that were sung, but to criticise any fellow Hibernian fans,who were there and trying to back the team by singing, is unbelievable. I dont care if it's a bunch o' 20 yr auld lads that have had a beer or two and act a bit daft throughout the game. they're Hibbies, and they are what I was at that age (wish I was still that age) but at the end o' it all, they were supporting their team, making a noise and trying to lift their team (our).I am 58 f/kin years auld and sometimes wish I was in amongst them tae gie them a few pointers re-Hibernian songs but I'm o'wer in the West, the worst ST descision i've ever made btw. so, c'mon you young gadges ,gie it laldy. sing yer songs and tell the boring auld twats tae get tae,.ggtth.

monktonharp
19-11-2011, 11:41 PM
Maybe because some people don't give a flying **** about singing songs and want to go to the football to WATCH SOME FOOTBALL. Singing songs usually occurs when you feel good about the game and what you are watching. Therefore you must accept that most people don't want to start singing pishy songs when the football on display is utter crud and you are therefore in a bad mood! you are boring me

monktonharp
19-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Can I just be the first to say that the singing section was THE most annoying thing about the game today as usual. Not one song about Hibs and the rest of the songs spent singing about Hearts. Not a standard grade amongst them.get a grip oan yersel youing man! what were you thinking about, when others were trying to raise their team's performance by singing a few songs? naebody at the game actually likes Hertz,yeh? so why sing their songs. everybody at the game actually hates Hertz, yeh. so what's your problem? gie the guys a brek man.ggtth.

cocopops1875
20-11-2011, 12:34 AM

At least he was there ;-)

Bayern Bru
20-11-2011, 12:50 AM
every club has fans who sing stuff their fellow fans would rather not hear. Its not new. Liverpool sing about Munich Air when they play Man Utd crash and so on....

Other songs ive heard are actually quite funny :thumbsup:

but i agree, these lads are just trying to improve a dire atmosphere that is Easter Road.

I know - that's just a personal preference. I mean, I don't have to join in with the songs if I don't want to, simple as.

Seriously though, between caning Tam McCourt and lambasting the singing section, is there anyone left at Easter Road who hasn't got it in the neck recently? :confused::greengrin

basehibby
20-11-2011, 03:11 AM

:yawn: just so bored of defending football fans singing songs at football match.

I find it more annoying that nobody bothers their erse singing ANYTHING in many parts of the ground unltil we're at least a goal up

HNA5
20-11-2011, 07:49 AM
I know this topic raises a lot of strong feelings, but can we all debate the points without resorting to the personal stuff please?

matty_f
20-11-2011, 08:33 AM
I wish folk would differentiate between noise and atmosphere. If the singing section (and the rest of the ground, to be fair) made more noise roaring the team forward, contesting referee decisions, and making life more difficult for the away team than we do for the home team, then the atmosphere would improve.

Just now we have a well intentioned group of singers singing some songs that put folk off singing and the rest of the ground sitting quiet until there is something to moan about...

mickki40
20-11-2011, 08:57 AM

all the Hibees get paid.

hibsbollah
20-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Its 'All the Hibbies get laid'. Clearly a reference to the good looks, sartorial elegance and gift of the gab that us Hibs fans have compared to our neighbours.

mickki40
20-11-2011, 09:14 AM
Firstly in response to the critics of the Sect 43 singing section.

1. The whoaaaaaaaaaaaa, song is not Celtics. It is from St Pauli. Walk on is from Liverpool fc. Blue Moon is by some 50s/60s band. Fact is we even sing some Proclaimer tune, But I am sure they won't mind. Every stadium in the world will take songs from other fans. It has always happened, and always will.

2 Here are a few facts from todays game in section 43 that the critics will not know. But I am sure they will not even give credit to.

3. When about 15 Hibs fans started to sing " Forever and ever". They were told By me to stop it or change the reference to "Orange *******s" to Rangers *******s. This is to ensure that the press, (who are dying for us to be sectarian) do not have any ammunition.

4. 5 guys from sect43 singing section spent their own time on Friday making the " FOOTBALL IS OUR RELIGION" banner. This was in response to Paul Mc Bride's "Hibs sing sectarian songs" rant on BBC Scotland. I am willing to bet my last pound that every critic will at the next game sit on their hands once more and criticise people making a difference.

5. 12th man folks actively got off their asses and raised funds for 100 flags for Category A games

6, 12th Man guys actively raised funds to secure flag storage lockers in the east stand.

The whole point is this, If you are wanting to make change, if you want to lead the singing section in another direction, feel free to get in the section and make it happen. Feel free to give up your day to make banners. Feel free to go out and raise funds. If you want to criticise us/them feel free, But come up with constructive criticism. Come up with workable solutions. Actually get off your backsides and do it. It is a simple thing to do. Just get off your seats and make things change. I am eagerly awaiting the massive influx into section 43 next home game and seeing you all make a difference to the way the singing/chanting goes. It is as easy as that. Get into 43 and make it happen. GGTTH

Antifa Hibs
20-11-2011, 09:17 AM
"Singing section" is finished IMO and has been for some while.

Section43 will be over before its even begun if they keep that up. Intergration is the key. HAVE to intergrate with the wider support. Yesterday you could've have pushed yourselfs further away. That 'Oo oo ooo ooooo' nonsense, would look and sound magic if there was actual lyrics to it and we were pumping the huns or hertz but doing it 1-0 to Killie was just an utter cringe fest.

Look at the two best groups and sections in Britian, Celtic's Green Brigade and Crystal Palaces Holmsdale Fanatics. Look at the manner in they conduct themselves, what they wear (no daft replica strips), how they've been taken in by the whole support and now having a massive influence. Can do alot worse than look at them for inspiration. Currently its daft laddies playing at ooltras making fools off themselves. There's no 'lad' element or f*** all, thus you'll never ever be taken seriously. May sound harsh but take it on the chin.

Saying that yesterday we need to find somewhere else to stand. Either further down block 43, or even better still, reclaim the gantry section away from the young team :aok:

mickki40
20-11-2011, 09:31 AM

Section43 will be over before its even begun if they keep that up. Intergration is the key. HAVE to intergrate with the wider support. Yesterday you could've have pushed yourselfs further away. That 'Oo oo ooo ooooo' nonsense, would look and sound magic if there was actual lyrics to it and we were pumping the huns or hertz but doing it 1-0 to Killie was just an utter cringe fest.

Look at the two best groups and sections in Britian, Celtic's Green Brigade and Crystal Palaces Holmsdale Fanatics. Look at the manner in they conduct themselves, what they wear (no daft replica strips), how they've been taken in by the whole support and now having a massive influence. Can do alot worse than look at them for inspiration. Currently its daft laddies playing at ooltras making fools off themselves. There's no 'lad' element or f*** all, thus you'll never ever be taken seriously. May sound harsh but take it on the chin.

Saying that yesterday we need to find somewhere else to stand. Either further down block 43, or even better still, reclaim the gantry section away from the young team :aok:

I would agree that integration is the key. Rome wasn't built in a day. But we are always open to integration. The fact is that a lot of personality clashes happen in the section. Folks drift away because they simply don't like 1 song or don't like 1 person etc. Hibs Fans are tbf quite petty when it comes to unity. If everyone who can sing , actually did. It would be better. Moving along is not an option just yet. This is the section the club allocated for the section. I still think that if we had a winning team on the pitch it would have an effect on the stand as a whole. GGTTH

frazeHFC
20-11-2011, 10:28 AM

The most annoying thing i came across was having to read through your posts.

Nailrod
20-11-2011, 10:50 AM

For some reason I can't think of a tune to the words of my new song:

"SGHIBEE is a biscuit-faced erchie..."

Perhaps the singing section could oblige...

:devil:

Jay
20-11-2011, 11:11 AM
I think the singing section has huge potential. It could be amazing. However the song choices are really poor sometimes, most of the time to be honest.

yesterday we were treated to quite a few renditions of 'oh the hibees are gaaaaaaay' I mean whats that all about?? Its doesnt support the team in the slightest, its not having a go at the away supporters (if thats what floats yer boat, it doesnt have a go at the opposing team, club, managers etc in any way (again if thats yer plan) so whats it all about? My son asked my why that was being sung and I honestly couldnt think of a reason.

Surely the singing section should be 'The 12th man' to get behind the team, give them support - be exactly that - the 12th man!

Bayern Bru
20-11-2011, 11:12 AM
I think the singing section has huge potential. It could be amazing. However the song choices are really poor sometimes, most of the time to be honest.

yesterday we were treated to quite a few renditions of 'oh the hibees are gaaaaaaay' I mean whats that all about?? Its doesnt support the team in the slightest, its not having a go at the away supporters (if thats what floats yer boat, it doesnt have a go at the opposing team, club, managers etc in any way (again if thats yer plan) so whats it all about? My son asked my why that was being sung and I honestly couldnt think of a reason.

Surely the singing section should be 'The 12th man' to get behind the team, give them support - be exactly that - the 12th man!

It was 'all the Hibees get paid,' a reference to the shenanigans at the PBS. Just telling ya before one of the Twelfth come on and set you right. :aok:

Jay
20-11-2011, 11:27 AM
It was 'all the Hibees get paid,' a reference to the shenanigans at the PBS. Just telling ya before one of the Twelfth come on and set you right. :aok:

Oh right - that wasnt clear in the west. I suppose I'll let it pass then :greengrin

Although I still think there is potential for greatness if they sing songs to spur the team on.

wearethehibs
20-11-2011, 11:53 AM
I find it funny that all the anti hearts songs get abuse. When singing songs like 'stand up if you the hearts' or 'if you hate the ******ing jambos clap your hands' more people actually joined in with that. More than when we sung Turnbulls tornadoes or sunshine on leith. Its sad but it seems these songs get more people joining in.

Even when I started singing 'if you love the ******ing hibees clap your hands' it had less people joining in than when you sing the hearts version :s

Jack
20-11-2011, 12:03 PM
I find it funny that all the anti hearts songs get abuse. When singing songs like 'stand up if you the hearts' or 'if you hate the ******ing jambos clap your hands' more people actually joined in with that. More than when we sung Turnbulls tornadoes or sunshine on leith. Its sad but it seems these songs get more people joining in.Even when I started singing 'if you love the ******ing hibees clap your hands' it had less people joining in than when you sing the hearts version :s If the crowd at Easter Road reflects Hibs.net its neither wonder so many yam related songs get sung.Its not an obsession just a reflection of current local interest.

Holmesdale Hibs
20-11-2011, 12:10 PM
I agree with some of the points re the singing section but I think overall they are a good thing. The problem at Easter Road is the number of fans that turn up every week and do nothing but moan and shout abuse at our own players. As soon as someone miss-places a pass or miss controls the ball there's howls from the stand like 'FFS Calderwood/Brown, get him tae ****'. The atmosphere is negative and aggressive towards our own players, no wonder they have no confidence. I remember Nish getting abuse when he was warming up FFS.

I'm not saying we shouldn't criticise the players btw - just that we should scream abuse at them during a game. Achieves nothing but help the away team.

vercol36
20-11-2011, 12:20 PM
I unashamedly go to ER these days to stand in the singing section and have a good sing-song through thick and thin. What the hell do you torn-faced folk go to ER for? Good football? :faf:

hibee_patty
20-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Think the hibs fans need to realise, you cant moan about the songs the singing section are singing, then moan about the atmosphere being crap. These so called young laddies are the only thing thats good at hibs now. That ooo ooo song was sung by us and i seen folk standing up moaning and booing towards the support for generating an atmosphere because celtic have the same song. We arent singing a celtic song its a sister act song. Think some of the support should have a long hard look at themselves before jumping on their backs

Beefster
20-11-2011, 01:39 PM
But come up with constructive criticism

Some of us have on numerous occasions but it tends to get ignored.

I unashamedly go to ER these days to stand in the singing section and have a good sing-song through thick and thin. What the hell do you torn-faced folk go to ER for? Good football? :faf:

I think the uber-fan schtick from some of the Singing Section helps get everyone onside. Keep it up.

RIP
20-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Firstly in response to the critics of the Sect 43 singing section.

1. The whoaaaaaaaaaaaa, song is not Celtics. It is from St Pauli. Walk on is from Liverpool fc. Blue Moon is by some 50s/60s band. Fact is we even sing some Proclaimer tune, But I am sure they won't mind. Every stadium in the world will take songs from other fans. It has always happened, and always will.

2 Here are a few facts from todays game in section 43 that the critics will not know. But I am sure they will not even give credit to.

3. When about 15 Hibs fans started to sing " Forever and ever". They were told By me to stop it or change the reference to "Orange *******s" to Rangers *******s. This is to ensure that the press, (who are dying for us to be sectarian) do not have any ammunition.

4. 5 guys from sect43 singing section spent their own time on Friday making the " FOOTBALL IS OUR RELIGION" banner. This was in response to Paul Mc Bride's "Hibs sing sectarian songs" rant on BBC Scotland. I am willing to bet my last pound that every critic will at the next game sit on their hands once more and criticise people making a difference.

5. 12th man folks actively got off their asses and raised funds for 100 flags for Category A games

6, 12th Man guys actively raised funds to secure flag storage lockers in the east stand.

The whole point is this, If you are wanting to make change, if you want to lead the singing section in another direction, feel free to get in the section and make it happen. Feel free to give up your day to make banners. Feel free to go out and raise funds. If you want to criticise us/them feel free, But come up with constructive criticism. Come up with workable solutions. Actually get off your backsides and do it. It is a simple thing to do. Just get off your seats and make things change. I am eagerly awaiting the massive influx into section 43 next home game and seeing you all make a difference to the way the singing/chanting goes. It is as easy as that. Get into 43 and make it happen. GGTTH

:top marks Well said.

As someone who was involved in the creation of the Singing Section and Hibs12thMan I think all the guys in there should take a bow. We knew we wouldn't get it right at the start but we have lockers and 150 flags stored for the next Tifo. We have a new flag-making factory and people starting to approach us to get banners made.

We have a new Hibs song book about to be launched and young kids that know all the words to Turnbull's Tornadoes and Sunshine on Leith. Last season we had more people but few activists. Now we have 30 activists. It's called progress.

Mistakes have been and will continue to be made but we will contunue to develop. We will only eradicate the Hearts songs when we replace them with more Hibby songs. And we are working on it

Glory Glory!!:flag:

blackpoolhibs
20-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Hibs are crap so lets moan about the fans, fans that bother to turn up and try to get behind the team?

I despair sometimes.:confused:

RIP
20-11-2011, 01:58 PM

Interesting post. Right from the start of Hibs12thMan you were posting all this 'knowledgeable' stuff about St Pauli, Green Brigade and what other clubs do. We wrote you private messages but you didn't ever seek to get involved. Where were you when we had meetings and you could have passed on advice about how do do things differently? Where were you when we were meeting with club management on anti-racism initiatives?

I'll tell you where you were. You were hiding behind your keyboard - all mouth and no trousers. :wink: And for the record most of our activists are not young laddies. I'm 55, my brother is 53 and four of the other guys are in their mid-forties. You have never approached us in person or via these forums. We've been asking for people like you - older and wiser heids to guide the young yins. With your knowledge you should get involved and help us get it right instead of posting criticism.

Makaveli
20-11-2011, 02:00 PM
:top marks Well said.
As someone who was involved in the creation of the Singing Section and Hibs12thMan I think all the guys in there should take a bow. We knew we wouldn't get it right at the start but we have lockers and 150 flags stored for the next Tifo. We have a new flag-making factory and people starting to approach us to get banners made. We have a new song book about to be launched and young kids that know all the words to Turnbull's Tornadoes and Sunshine on Leith. Last season we had more people but few activists. Now we have 30 activists. It's called progress.

Mistakes have been and will continue to be made but we will contunue to develop. We will eradicate the Hearts songs but only when we replace them with more Hibby songs. And we are working on it

Glory Glory!!:flag:

In all seriousness, who do you think you are? The f****ing song police?

I've been in the singing section plenty times and it's certainly the best part of the ground for atmosphere regardless of who we're playing, but that's down to the fact that people who want to sing know that's where to go. It's not down to you printing song books and telling everyone what they can sing.

Leith Green
20-11-2011, 02:06 PM
I think the singing section at Easter Rd is like something you would see with Dunfermline or Caley Thistle. I find it very cringey and basically see it as a bunch of laddies wi strips and scarves doing and singing cringey things, and jumping about like 15 yr old boys getting bevvied for the first time. Hibs arent that kind of club our fans generally aint gonna be into that. To think that the East terracing and the lads who created an edgey and bang up for it atmosphere has been replaced by this is just sad. I reckon a lot of folk will or will already have given up on the fitba for this reason, quite a few folk around me comment on how annoying that singing section is and how it couldnt be any further from the way the old east was.

I genuinelly dont mean this to be a plum towards the laddies etc that are in the singing section, i give you credit for trying to do summit about the atmosphere. I just dont think what is happening wi singing section is Hibs, and definetly not East Terracing.

LancashireHibby
20-11-2011, 02:09 PM
I wish folk would differentiate between noise and atmosphere. If the singing section (and the rest of the ground, to be fair) made more noise roaring the team forward, contesting referee decisions, and making life more difficult for the away team than we do for the home team, then the atmosphere would improve.

Just now we have a well intentioned group of singers singing some songs that put folk off singing and the rest of the ground sitting quiet until there is something to moan about...

:top marks
Best post on the thread by a mile.

Having an atmosphere isn't just about singing songs, it's about encouraging the team, putting pressure on the away side, on the referee, on the linesman. That simply doesn't exist at ER at the moment because it seems there are a significant percentage who are turning up and can't wait to hurl abuse at all and sundry in a green shirt, be that the players, the coaching staff or seemingly the fans as well.

We talk about the club needing a culture change in the playing staff, well I think there needs to be one in the stands as well. Turn up to the game, give the lads some support and encouragement and you never know, you might start to enjoy it.

RIP
20-11-2011, 02:11 PM
In all seriousness, who do you think you are? The f****ing song police?

I've been in the singing section plenty times and it's certainly the best part of the ground for atmosphere regardless of who we're playing, but that's down to the fact that people who want to sing know that's where to go. It's not down to you printing song books and telling everyone what they can sing.

I've been singing since the sixties and nobody has ever told me what to sing. I'd like to see them try. You are either a doughnut or deliberately missing the point. Our younger crew in the singing section wanted somebody to print the words to songs so they could learn them at home. It really is that simple

We stand there, in Section43 every single home game. So next time you decide to join in come over to DD165 and talk to us. Maybe then you will understand what we are trying to do instead of getting the wrong end of the stick :flag:

Makaveli
20-11-2011, 02:16 PM
I've been singing since the sixties and nobody has ever told me what to sing. I'd like to see them try. You are either a doughnut or deliberately missing the point. Our younger crew in the singing section wanted somebody to print the words to songs so they could learn them at home. It really is that simple

We stand there, in Section43 every single home game. So next time you decide to join in come over to DD165 and talk to us. Maybe then you will understand what we are trying to do instead of getting the wrong end of the stick :flag:

What point was I deliberately missing when you said "We will eradicate the Hearts songs"?

Future17
20-11-2011, 02:20 PM

So what are you saying the difference is between noise and atmosphere? :confused:

frazeHFC
20-11-2011, 03:39 PM
What point was I deliberately missing when you said "We will eradicate the Hearts songs"? People want them stopped yet moan when someone says they will stop them?

mickki40
20-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Some of us have on numerous occasions but it tends to get ignored.

I think the uber-fan schtick from some of the Singing Section helps get everyone onside. Keep it up.

Give me the constructive criticism and I won't ignore it. If theirs things you would like to cahnge come into the section and start changing the direction. If you aren't the type who would do that then pass your comments on and we will see if they are plausible to be achieved. GGTTH

matty_f
20-11-2011, 04:21 PM
So what are you saying the difference is between noise and atmosphere? :confused: Does this really need explained?Noise is what we had on Saturday. A steady 'drone', not in context with how the team was playing nor with the action on the pitch, with only a handful of well meaning and hardy souls involved.An atmospheric game has encouragement when we get the ball- a roar across the stadium urging the team forward. Atmosphere has everyone together reacting to and influencing events on the pitch.Yesterday was noisy. Think the AEK game for an example of atmospheric, or even to the St Mirren game in Feb where the crowd showed the stadium could be atmospheric and noisy together.

ALF TUPPER
20-11-2011, 04:27 PM
My thoughts .........

Think the Singing Section is a great idea and deserves some praise for trying to change the atmosphere at Easter Road at a time when nothing on the pitch is giving us much to sing and cheer about.

I'm not suggesting they need Gareth Malone to pop up into the East and turn everyone into budding tenors. Maybes just more of us should join in and offer encouragement , sing some fanzfaves.

I'm kinda getting on a bit and think my days of singing are past me .......(but, perhaps not) :greengrin .

P t H

ps..... Not taking a pop at anyone in this posting .......... just giving a wee opinion. :agree:

DC_Hibs
20-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Any song sung by those St Pauli mugs is another good reason not to sing it considering most in Scotland associate it with the tramps from the east of Glasgow.

The majority of the criticism is over your song choices rather than anything else so don't take it too personally.

A group of 30 sticking together and singing is a start, the flags are another forward step.
I think a good effort at an away day will be better as there will be a higher percentage of away fans willing to get involved.

They're better fans ken......

scuttle
20-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Cant believe all this bickering,if guys want to sing and try to generate a bit of atmosphere fair play to them. If others dont want to join in then dont.IMO there is nothing better than going to a game and the atmosphere is bouncing the problem is we are getting nothing On the pitch to get us excited OFF it at the moment.Hopefully with the new man in charge whoever it maybe we can get a team on the park that is worthy of getting a raucous crowd at Easter Road again

WarringtonHibee
20-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Instead of throwing negative comments from behind your keyboards, come join the section and help the singing section evolve into something fantastic.

Rome was not built in a day.

bigwheel
20-11-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm a west stander, but considering all the issues we have at our football club, I can't believe people singing to support their team is a big issue worth debating. Let them get on with trying to create some noise..... If the team had half their passion, we'd be in a much better position!

weonlywon6-2
20-11-2011, 06:59 PM

the team has been rank rotten fopr ages now and we have a go at fans for trying to sing and support them:rolleyes:

Franck Stanton
20-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Must admit I haven't read all the pages on this but, IMO, we as a support cannot get any lower than just now. It would appear we are not only happy at slating the Board, Manager, [even stand-in managers], we are now turning on each other, and what is the offence these supporters have committed ? They sing songs, admittedly some of them are crap, even cringeworthy, but come on guys, at least they are trying to get some sort of atmosphere at the games. Jeez, football has always been about passion, giving it LARGe for your team and supporting the team. If you dont like the singing, then dont go. Simples.
As for the singing section, ignore those trying to put you down, keep making a noise, obviously I [and others] would prefer better songs , but , keep singing lads, keep singing.

SteveHFC
20-11-2011, 07:11 PM
http://sect43.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?280-no-way!!!!-asshole

Nuitdelune
20-11-2011, 07:22 PM

Poor Gramo

El Gubbz
20-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Well said. The 12th man do my nut in week in week out with their pointless songs and stupid chants. Everyone in that section thinks they are "uber fans" and only their opinion is correct. Preferred going to Easter Road without the singing section embarrassing themselves.

Jack
20-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Well said. The 12th man do my nut in week in week out with their pointless songs and stupid chants. Everyone in that section thinks they are "uber fans" and only their opinion is correct. Preferred going to Easter Road without the singing section embarrassing themselves. TBH not everyone thinks they're uberfans that are there. Me and my daughter don't and do :-)

wearethehibs
20-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Well said. The 12th man do my nut in week in week out with their pointless songs and stupid chants. Everyone in that section thinks they are "uber fans" and only their opinion is correct. Preferred going to Easter Road without the singing section embarrassing themselves. I hate all the "uber" fan crap. I stand in the section and I don't consider myself any better than any other Hibee that goes and watches that rubbish. But when I'm at a game I don't see the point of just watching it. I prefer to sing and support my team. I even joined in with that St Pauli chant even though I hate it, just so I could be singing and making some noise.Took my bro y'day for first time in ages and he loved it. Ill continue to follow my team and back them all the way. I even quite admired all the lads that continued to do that St Pauli thing while they were getting abuse from people further down that hadn't sung all game. Mainly a well known spectacle wearing gentleman. Let's hope were bouncing while watching a winning team in perth. GGTTH

Jones28
20-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Getting the p!ss ripped out of them because they're trying to create an atmosphere? Trying something a bit different so they get destroyed for it?

Christ sake, of all the things you could moan about!

What have we come to if people are being criticized for trying to create an atmosphere?

And btw, so what if theyre just pissed wee laddies, at least they are going to football to have a laugh and try and enjoy themselves! A good 70% of folk on this board go to games to bitch about how ***** we are and how embarrassing our supporters are. Get a grip or off :bye:

Don't think Hibs fans have sunk any lower :na na:

superbam
20-11-2011, 08:17 PM
I cant believe our support has sunk so low. If people are not comfortable with the songs that are being sung, they should start some themselves. How many of the folk moaning about the singing section have actually bothered to get chants going? how do they feel they are contributing to the atmosphere at Easter Road? or do you not feel comfortable with songs at the foootball generally? Threads like this make me embarrassed to be a hibee. Young team keep the faith and dont listen to these ********s.

Beefster
20-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Getting the p!ss ripped out of them because they're trying to create an atmosphere? Trying something a bit different so they get destroyed for it?

Christ sake, of all the things you could moan about!

What have we come to if people are being criticized for trying to create an atmosphere?

And btw, so what if theyre just pissed wee laddies, at least they are going to football to have a laugh and try and enjoy themselves! A good 70% of folk on this board go to games to bitch about how ***** we are and how embarrassing our supporters are. Get a grip or off :bye:

Don't think Hibs fans have sunk any lower :na na:

Can. We. Stop. With. The. ****ing. Uberfan. *****. It's going to completely divide the support.

Nuitdelune
20-11-2011, 08:18 PM
I hate all the "uber" fan crap. I stand in the section and I don't consider myself any better than any other Hibee that goes and watches that rubbish. But when I'm at a game I don't see the point of just watching it. I prefer to sing and support my team. I even joined in with that St Pauli chant even though I hate it, just so I could be singing and making some noise.Took my bro y'day for first time in ages and he loved it. Ill continue to follow my team and back them all the way. I even quite admired all the lads that continued to do that St Pauli thing while they were getting abuse from people further down that hadn't sung all game. Mainly a well known spectacle wearing gentleman. Let's hope were bouncing while watching a winning team in perth. GGTTH

I agree and good on you! I don't sing as I am tuneless and thus embarrassed to don't so much but enjoy those who do

Billy Whizz
20-11-2011, 08:24 PM
I'm surprised anyone wants to sing this weather. Good on them, wish I was as enthusiastic to join in!

Cameron1875
20-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Tin hat on here but i think the fans at easter road have changed completely even since 04/05 season. The old east had a bit of an edge to it and i felt the people that sat there were the type of guys that would be at every away game and cup semis/finals. Now the stadium seems to have lost the characters and been replaced by lots of more middle class people who glance disparing looks at anyone with some passion.

Crab apple
20-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Jones28 A good 70% of folk on this board go to games to bitch about how ***** we are and how embarrassing our supporters are.

And I suspect some manage to do this without going to the games.

Nuitdelune
20-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Tin hat on here but i think the fans at easter road have changed completely even since 04/05 season. The old east had a bit of an edge to it and i felt the people that sat there were the type of guys that would be at every away game and cup semis/finals. Now the stadium seems to have lost the characters and been replaced by lots of more middle class people who glance disparing looks at anyone with some passion.

You can't call them middle class anymore, they are 'articulate'. I was brought up about it last night and had to concede

Beefster
20-11-2011, 08:36 PM
You can't call them middle class anymore, they are 'articulate'. I was brought up about it last night and had to concede

Oooh, get you with the punctuation and everything.

Nuitdelune
20-11-2011, 08:38 PM
thanks

Cameron1875
20-11-2011, 08:45 PM
You can't call them middle class anymore, they are 'articulate'. I was brought up about it last night and had to concede Maybe middle class isnt the right word but there seems to be a level of snobbery as if some people feel thats its only the riff raff that sing.

NAE NOOKIE
20-11-2011, 08:48 PM

Last bit ..... Its hard ... please try !!!

As for the singing section ............ Aye its not exactly last night at the bloody proms or whatever and no the effort on the park is undeserving of their efforts. But my goodness they are trying as hard as they can in spite of the team and as far as I am concerned they should be above criticism. They might be flogging a dead horse, pissing into the wind ...whatever.

But for goodness sake its unbelievable that kids should be getting it in the neck for trying to get behind the team.

Keep it up boys and girls one day hopefully there will be 5 or 6 thousand joining in with you.

I'm 51 by the way, not some stupid kid ( at least most of the time ) but I have to say I never thought I would see the day that Hibs fans got pelters from their own brethren for trying to support the team.

Ye gods !!!!

Elephant Stone
20-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Maybe middle class isnt the right word but there seems to be a level of snobbery as if some people feel thats its only the riff raff that sing.

I've heard people object to singing pish songs but there can't be people who object to all singing, surely?

R'Albin
20-11-2011, 08:49 PM

thanks

:hilarious

Nuitdelune
20-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Maybe middle class isnt the right word but there seems to be a level of snobbery as if some people feel thats its only the riff raff that sing.

Yes, it's not the right word but usually it's the middle class who are the snobs as they don't reach upper and are desperate to escape lower. however I didn't mean to offend. Still the riff raff have it for me on this thread!:greengrin

fatchris1
20-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Well said. The 12th man do my nut in week in week out with their pointless songs and stupid chants. Everyone in that section thinks they are "uber fans" and only their opinion is correct. Preferred going to Easter Road without the singing section embarrassing themselves.

Sums it up perfectly for me. The advent of a singing section at the ground has just made it intimidating for anyone else to start a song, which in turn is stifling the atmosphere and actually making Easter Road quieter than if it didn't exist. I read a post earlier from someone in the singing section on page one of this thread that summed up what is wrong with the singing section atm....a lot of the guys in it seem to be boozed up kids that are more interested in singing anti-hearts songs and copying whatever celtic fans do. It won't be long before they do that stupid huddle thing! The odd anti-hearts song is fine but 90 minutes of it wears thin....especially the "all hibees get paid" one, drop that right now!...that's just a Hearts song with 2 words changed!-too close and against kilmarnock I don't see the point.

Singing section seemed like a good idea on paper, but it's not worked guys, so thinking that you guys are better fans than everyone else, truth is-everyone I speak to can't stand any of you!

HH81
20-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Poor Gramo

Why does gramo get so much stick? I regular have a pint with him when I'm up and he is a top lad.

marinello59
20-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Yes, it's not the right word but usually it's the middle class who are the snobs as they don't reach upper and are desperate to escape lower. however I didn't mean to offend. Still the riff raff have it for me on this thread!:greengrin

Ironically this post is the best example of inverse snobbery I have ever read on here. :greengrin
(And I hope you ain't equating working class with riff raff. :grr:)

jon paul jones
20-11-2011, 09:20 PM

The most annoying thing for me yesterday and every home game this season was the muted silence from fans in the other sections.

Did you sing any of these yesterday coz I was one of the few that did

SUnshine on Leith (sung) .. 15-20 people in a 7,700 home support
Turnbells Tornados (sung)
Hail Hail (sung)
Glory glory (sung)
All the Hibees get paid (sung)
Hi-Ber-Ni-An (sung)

It takes guts to stand up and be one the 3-15 people starting off a song in an 8162 crowd more than any of the people adding comments on this thread. Your comment does infuriatate me and judging by the thread plenty others who I stand beside every home game. We believe by having a constant vocal support whilst the game is still winnable inspires a player to perform.

You are never too old to care. I'm 40 and stand in the singing section because this is the time hibs need us the most.I believe the only way Hibs are going to pull their way out of another relegation battle this season is FAN POWER. I will not be dissuaded in my belief by others but thank you for your comment.

Jonnyboy
20-11-2011, 09:24 PM

Not the first time you've had a did at the singing section and probably not the last. If you're conversant with how it should be done, given your examples, maybe you should get involved rather than sniping at the guys that are trying their best to generate some sort of decent atmosphere? As for the 'Green Brigade' I'd rather not use them as an example to follow thanks.

I sit right next to the singing section and yes they sometimes sing stuff that makes me cringe but they also sing stuff I occasionally join in with. Maybe that makes me a daft wee laddie tanked up on a few pints but given my age and aversion to alcohol that's pretty unlikely :wink:

The club identified that portion of the East Stand the singing section and so it's hardly surprising that those who want to sing actually gravitate towards it. Maybe you should stop criticising and come and show us all how it should be done

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Surprised its taken so long for fans to be taking snide jibes back and forward amongst ourselves, just thought it would be down to the rubbish served up on the pitch and not what does/doesn't emanate from the stands.

frazeHFC
20-11-2011, 09:39 PM

Middle class? Wtf are you on about?

WarringtonHibee
20-11-2011, 10:00 PM
What's interesting about this so called "Celtic song", sorry - the St Pauli song is that it was sung years ago by Livvi supporters, never mind loads of clubs up and down the UK.

Christ, even the Yanks are at it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-c8-oWiXTQ) and have been for 5 years or so...

Isn't Hail Hail a Celtic song? Why isn't that one being shot down?

Selective memories?

RIP
20-11-2011, 10:03 PM
What point was I deliberately missing when you said "We will eradicate the Hearts songs"?

That the 'We' is the whole support?

I despair at times

RIP
20-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Sort to shout but some of you are obviously not listening

Six of us in the Singing Section are in our 50's, ten are in their 40's, a dozen or so others are in their 30's, a couple of dozen are in their 20's. There's small kids and some lassies anaw. WE ARE NOT A BUNCH OF YOUNG LADDIES!!

frazeHFC
20-11-2011, 10:08 PM
What's interesting about this so called "Celtic song", sorry - the St Pauli song is that it was sung years ago by Livvi supporters, never mind loads of clubs up and down the UK.

Christ, even the Yanks are at it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-c8-oWiXTQ) and have been for 5 years or so...

Isn't Hail Hail a Celtic song? Why isn't that one being shot down?

Selective memories?

Haha, i concur. I saw a video a few years ago of fans doing it. Many teams have done it before Celtic and it looked smart as ****! I can't wait to join in at 'Well or St J if i make it.

Jones28
20-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Can. We. Stop. With. The. ****ing. Uberfan. *****. It's going to completely divide the support.

Didnt say I was an Uberfan.

I'm not part of S43 but when folk make an effort and get nothing but criticism from there own fans it's nothing short of a disgrace.

blackpoolhibs
20-11-2011, 10:10 PM
I sit in the east stand, and admit i have not sung or joined in a chant for weeks. It seems any noise that is made, and it is getting less by the week is starting to annoy folk that are already annoyed at the fare on the park.

So instead of getting behind the team, and joining in with the singing section, some are actually turning on them?

We are turning into a terrible support on match days, and its certainly not the singing sections fault at all.

Some of us need to look at our own input on match days, and do a darn site more than we are.

frazeHFC
20-11-2011, 10:13 PM
I know. Lets all go to games with no singing, sit in silence listening to the famous ER seagulls, and then all of a sudden deafen the place with boo's when one of our young players makes an error...........

mickki40
21-11-2011, 01:27 AM
Sums it up perfectly for me. The advent of a singing section at the ground has just made it intimidating for anyone else to start a song, which in turn is stifling the atmosphere and actually making Easter Road quieter than if it didn't exist. I read a post earlier from someone in the singing section on page one of this thread that summed up what is wrong with the singing section atm....a lot of the guys in it seem to be boozed up kids that are more interested in singing anti-hearts songs and copying whatever celtic fans do. It won't be long before they do that stupid huddle thing! The odd anti-hearts song is fine but 90 minutes of it wears thin....especially the "all hibees get paid" one, drop that right now!...that's just a Hearts song with 2 words changed!-too close and against kilmarnock I don't see the point.

Singing section seemed like a good idea on paper, but it's not worked guys, so thinking that you guys are better fans than everyone else, truth is-everyone I speak to can't stand any of you!

MMMMMMMMMMMMM 1st ever post Chris eh. Came on here just to make a point did you? Copying Celtic Fans? So we sing Hail Hail...so what. We also Copied St Pauli with a chant on Saturday that every ***** and his dog now says that Celtic Started. 90 Minutes of anti Hearts songs??????? Total keek. 90 Minutes. I wish. Singing about our rivals inability to pay their own team...how dare we. We also copied the Proclaimers in 2007 with Sunshine on Leith I never heard anyone complaining. Bandwagon, Is all I can say

mickki40
21-11-2011, 01:33 AM
Why does gramo get so much stick? I regular have a pint with him when I'm up and he is a top lad.

Here is a FACT. At saturdays game the section were doing the St Pauli " we love you " chant. Gramo actively texted a singer telling him to shut up singing Celtic Songs. He then posted on Various forums that We were all singing Celtic songs. HERE IS A FACT "WE LOVE YOU" is not a celtic song. They have sung it but it is not theirs. Unlike Hail Hail which is a Celtic Song. So folks actually without a shred of evidence started to post all over the net and Even now if you put facts in front of them they still think they are right. THEY ARE WRONG. We love You is NOT A CELTIC SONG. I shall give £50.00 to Dnipro Kids if anyone can prove me wrong and tell me Celtic started this chant. GGTTH

Lucius Apuleius
21-11-2011, 05:11 AM
The most annoying thing for me yesterday and every home game this season was the muted silence from fans in the other sections.

Did you sing any of these yesterday coz I was one of the few that did

SUnshine on Leith (sung) .. 15-20 people in a 7,700 home support
Turnbells Tornados (sung)
Hail Hail (sung)
Glory glory (sung)
All the Hibees get paid (sung)
Hi-Ber-Ni-An (sung)

It takes guts to stand up and be one the 3-15 people starting off a song in an 8162 crowd more than any of the people adding comments on this thread. Your comment does infuriatate me and judging by the thread plenty others who I stand beside every home game. We believe by having a constant vocal support whilst the game is still winnable inspires a player to perform.

You are never too old to care. I'm 40 and stand in the singing section because this is the time hibs need us the most.I believe the only way Hibs are going to pull their way out of another relegation battle this season is FAN POWER. I will not be dissuaded in my belief by others but thank you for your comment.

It will never take off until we can spell the name of our heroes correctly :wink:

As an aside, I will be happy to join in the singing section, just as soon as they put in an escalator to get me up there.

Nando™
21-11-2011, 05:40 AM
Unbelievably, I got launched off there for being "Gramo's Pal" despite posting nothing provocative or anything.

How weirdy.

HNA12
21-11-2011, 06:00 AM
This one ceased being debate a while back. Having an individual who no longer posts here become a subject for discussion is pretty unfair as well. Thread closed.