PDA

View Full Version : brown must go.

blackpoolhibs
19-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Thought I'd be the first.

Saorsa
19-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Thought I'd be the first.:greengrin

If he stays though he has tae be No2. at best. Personally I'd rather the new manager whomever it may be is allowed tae appoint all his own staff and not have tae make do with those already there.

Broken Gnome
19-11-2011, 06:11 PM
According to the BBC, we had 68% possession. He MUST stay. Spain-like.

The Falcon
19-11-2011, 06:14 PM

Has there been a poll yet?

iwasthere1972
19-11-2011, 06:16 PM

Less than half the number of shots on/off target as Killie. 7 compared to 16.

Possession means nothing unless you're Garry O' (allegedly :wink: )

HiBremian
19-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Maybe we could save a lot of time and argument by having 3 substitute managers on the bench at each game instead of 3 players.

Barney McGrew
19-11-2011, 06:20 PM
If Billy Brown's Hibs are going to be set up with one up front and two holding midfielders against Killie at home, then it's a no thanks from me.

Emerald
19-11-2011, 06:25 PM

When i walked away tonight I said Killie must have had about 70% possession. I simply do not believe that stat, the guy must have fallen asleep with his finger on the button. Wish I had.

BEEJ
19-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Aye. Very true!

Yogi was never given this much leeway! :grr:

:wink:

Feed McGraw
19-11-2011, 06:34 PM
If Billy Brown's Hibs are going to be set up with one up front and two holding midfielders against Killie at home, then it's a no thanks from me.

And that`s a Killie who shipped SIX AT HOME to the bottom of the league last time out.

ScottB
19-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Honest to god this place is getting beyond a joke.

What the hell were people expecting?? Brown to turn a team that's been rank rotten for YEARS into Barca in a week?

Folk were on the guys back inside half an hour. Maybe I'm crazy for thinking it'll take longer than a week to change tactics, improve fitness and change the attitude of the band of lazy, disinterested money grabbers we call a squad.

I weep for whoever takes this job I really do. With the relentless negativity there will no doubt be folk booing his press conference.

edwards
19-11-2011, 06:47 PM

What the hell were people expecting?? Brown to turn a team that's been rank rotten for YEARS into Barca in a week?

Folk were on the guys back inside half an hour. Maybe I'm crazy for thinking it'll take longer than a week to change tactics, improve fitness and change the attitude of the band of lazy, disinterested money grabbers we call a squad.

I weep for whoever takes this job I really do. With the relentless negativity there will no doubt be folk booing his press conference.

Whoever gets the job will have to be an instant success have experiance of Scottish football and have done decent in another capaciity lets say in English football.
So that is why I think we should go for Paul Sturrock he has vast experiance and has done well at nearly every club he has went to.
Doing quite well at Southend I hear.Just go and get him Rod.

Feed McGraw
19-11-2011, 06:49 PM

You`re right, it HAS been rank rotten for years and that`s why most folk are negative, IMHO it`s almost a whole new team we need regardless of the manager, important though that position is.

Hibs Class
19-11-2011, 06:49 PM
When i walked away tonight I said Killie must have had about 70% possession. I simply do not believe that stat, the guy must have fallen asleep with his finger on the button. Wish I had. According to the app on my phone it was around 40:60 shortly before half time. There's no way we had 70% overall.

Alfred E Newman
19-11-2011, 06:56 PM

I was prepared to give the guy a chance but after todays mediocre display I think he has definately lost the plot. :taxi

Broken Gnome
19-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Less than half the number of shots on/off target as Killie. 7 compared to 16.

Possession means nothing unless you're Garry O' (allegedly :wink: )

Also means nothing if the numbers are the wrong way round like the BBC's :wink:

matty_f
19-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Our first shot, on or off target, came when Griffiths scored IIRC. Dunno where the bbc found the other 6 shots from!

Hibs Class
19-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Hanlon had a looping header late on in the first half which I reckoned would go down as our first shot.

blackpoolhibs
19-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Garry oconner had a piledriver late on too, its starting to mount up

hibsbollah
19-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Hello Hello We Are the Billy Boys.

Alfred E Newman
19-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Griffiths had a chance to make it 2 with a sclaffed drive that dribbled past the far post. Thats another one.

bod
19-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Has there been a poll yet?

Zibby !

down-the-slope
19-11-2011, 07:30 PM
whats he meant to do......you can't polish a turd

PatHead
19-11-2011, 07:55 PM
whats he meant to do......you can't polish a turd

Play with more than one up front at home. Make a substitute with more than 3 minutes to go in an attempt to win a game and when you do put on an attacker

BT58
19-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Not saying i want BB to get the job,,, but FFS,,,
its not like we got beat,,killie where always gonna raise their game after the result they got
against ICT
hope he gets the players doing double training sessions,,, theyve had it far too easy
The majority are cheating bassas who should not be wearing the jersey
BB did not sign these imposters,, give him a break
Bt

down-the-slope
19-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Play with more than one up front at home. Make a substitute with more than 3 minutes to go in an attempt to win a game and when you do put on an attacker

We had 2 wingers on from start...maybe if they (and rest of the team) had played further up the park as intended then it would have shown that way...

Assume you missed the 2 HT subs then :rolleyes:

PatHead
19-11-2011, 08:29 PM
We had 2 wingers on from start...maybe if they (and rest of the team) had played further up the park as intended then it would have shown that way...

The 2 wingers played as wide midfielders not forwards. They had no-one to aim for in the box when they did get the ball. By the way Galbraith couldn't beat anyone and fell to the ground at every opportunity.Yes I Did notice the half time subs but I was meaning the game was there for the winning if the manager was willing to go for it. They were very poor as well.

Duffys13
19-11-2011, 08:29 PM

Yes I have to say I was not happy with our formation in the 1st half. Never like to see us play one up front, but certainly not against a team like Killie.

Barney McGrew
19-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Never like to see us play one up front, but certainly not against a team like Killie.

Killie are one of the few teams who've shipped more goals than us this season and we start with only GOC up top. Baffling.

PaulSmith
19-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Killie are one of the few teams who've shipped more goals than us this season and we start with only GOC up top. Baffling.

Spot on Barney, for some reason we seem fearful of attacking teams with a 442 and today I thought we'd start with some positivity against Killie rather than the 4-5-1 which seemed to kill any 'good will' feel since CC left.

Barney McGrew
19-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Spot on Barney, for some reason we seem fearful of attacking teams with a 442 and today I thought we'd start with some positivity against Killie rather than the 4-5-1 which seemed to kill any 'good will' feel since CC left.

It's a strange one right enough, you would have expected we'd have been out the traps and at them from the first minute today, but it was just a bit flat from the off. The formation meant we were on the back foot and gave Killie too much possession and far too much room for the first 45.

At least we changed it second half, but you wonder why we were set up in a way that looked like we didn't want to concede rather than attack them to begin with.

Tollhouse Hibee
19-11-2011, 08:47 PM
I think bb set the team out to be hard to beat and who can blame him with our record. Credit where its due. He did change it early.

ronaldo7
19-11-2011, 09:25 PM

You were warned:aok:

monktonharp
19-11-2011, 09:41 PM
:greengrin

If he stays though he has tae be No2. at best. Personally I'd rather the new manager whomever it may be is allowed tae appoint all his own staff and not have tae make do with those already there.right then Jamie, so you dinnae want BB as numero uno, bringing in top class backroom boys like Jim Jeffries and Garry "knob end "Locke?:greengrin

The Harp Awakes
19-11-2011, 10:00 PM
When i walked away tonight I said Killie must have had about 70% possession. I simply do not believe that stat, the guy must have fallen asleep with his finger on the button. Wish I had.

Gotta agree. We hardly touched the ball in the first 25 mins.

Newhaven
19-11-2011, 10:02 PM
We got one more point today than we would have if we still had Coco the clown in charge.

Well done BB :thumbsup:

BEEJ
20-11-2011, 12:17 AM
At least we changed it second half, but you wonder why we were set up in a way that looked like we didn't want to concede rather than attack them to begin with.
I wonder if BB's thinking was not to concede an early goal which would have got the home crowd on the players' backs - thereby giving them a mountain to climb to get back into the match against a capable Killie side? Pick up the attacking pace as the game wears on. :dunno:

Just a thought.

Saorsa
20-11-2011, 12:25 AM
right then Jamie, so you dinnae want BB as numero uno, bringing in top class backroom boys like Jim Jeffries and Garry "knob end "Locke?:greengrinCorrect on all counts Wullie :wink: It'll never happen anyway. When it comes tae managers Teflon Petrie's record is poor but he wouldnae be that stupid.

basehibby
20-11-2011, 03:41 AM

Having been at the game I'm struggling to believe that :confused:

Even if it's true, the shots for/against tell something of the quality of that possession.

hibiedude
20-11-2011, 06:38 AM

Have to agree Brown or any other manager coming in needs time if he's to change this lazy lot in to a football team - I wasn't expecting miracles today but time is clearly not on his side.

IWasThere2016
20-11-2011, 07:00 AM

I didn't - the two CC signings were way better than the two of Yogi's we rightly hooked :wink: