PDA

View Full Version : Inspiring Managerial Appointment Needed

Dashing Bob S
19-11-2011, 04:30 PM
According to the BBC, we had just over 8,000 at Easter Road today. Please, let us forget all this 'safe pair of hands, SPL tried and tested' guff. The Jeffries, Calderwood's and Butcher's aren't going to get that figure up, and we desperately need an inspirational visionary to get the support fired up. Let's get a bright, new manager in, instead of recycling around the same grizzled, mogadon faces who will only mire us further in the turgid mediocrity we currently 'enjoy'.

YehButNoBut
19-11-2011, 04:31 PM
@RodPetrie1875 (https://twitter.com/#%21/RodPetrie1875) Rod Petrie
Billy Brown career stats: P1 W0 D1 L0 F1 A1 Pts1. Don't expect any of these numbers to hit 2 any time soon!

:greengrin

The Falcon
19-11-2011, 04:33 PM
According to the BBC, we had just over 8,000 at Easter Road today. Please, let us forget all this 'safe pair of hands, SPL tried and tested' guff. The Jeffries, Calderwood's and Butcher's aren't going to get that figure up, and we desperately need an inspirational visionary to get the support fired up. Let's get a bright, new manager in, instead of recycling around the same grizzled, mogadon faces who will only mire us further in the turgid mediocrity we currently 'enjoy'.

What happened to all the folk who werent going back as long as CC was still there?

Beefster
19-11-2011, 04:47 PM
What happened to all the folk who werent going back as long as CC was still there?

Did anyone actually say that? I don't recall anyone saying that they were staying away until he was gone. I do recall folk saying that they were staying away until things changed. Nothing's changed as yet.

I was there btw.

killie-hibby
19-11-2011, 05:07 PM

Have just Googled "inspirational visionary" and the name Billy Graham came to the fore. Would he do?

The Falcon
19-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Did anyone actually say that? I don't recall anyone saying that they were staying away until he was gone. I do recall folk saying that they were staying away until things changed. Nothing's changed as yet.

I was there btw.

I cant be arsed trolling through the last umpteen months but the impression I got was there was a few.

Cropley10
19-11-2011, 05:30 PM
You could get a world class coach in and nothing would change. We simply have a terrible, terrible squad. Utter dross. It's hard to pick a player you'd keep.

Alfred E Newman
19-11-2011, 06:46 PM
You could get a world class coach in and nothing would change. We simply have a terrible, terrible squad. Utter dross. It's hard to pick a player you'd keep.

The next man in the hot seat has an almost impossible task turning things around with this group of duffers.

Mark79
19-11-2011, 06:52 PM

Said the same to guy next to me today. You can't polish a turd.

Franck Stanton
19-11-2011, 06:52 PM

At last, a sensible statement. Doesn't matter who we have as manager the keek we have masquarading as "PLAYERS" just now cant raise their game as they currently are playing at the top of their [limited] ability. Get a manager in who has tha balls to have a real clear out. Even playing the majority of the under 19's with a few quality players recruited in January would be better than what we have just now.

sleeping giant
19-11-2011, 06:55 PM

You can:agree:

Seen in on mythbusters. They polished a Lions turd and very shiny it was too.

WindyMiller
19-11-2011, 07:06 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI

silverhibee
19-11-2011, 07:27 PM

:agree:

And that is the big worry, there is nothing the new man will be able to do anything until the transfer window opens in January, our defence look like they are going to give away a goal each time the other team attack us, our midfield are just poor, to happy to pass the ball back rather than take a chance and play the ball forward, striker, what has happened to big Gaz, just doesn't look like he care's anymore and he looks very unfit too.

The worry is where will Hibs be in the league come January, it really is not looking good for us that for sure, only six months ago Hibs had a clear out to get rid of players, it now seems six months on and we need another clearout to get rid of the dross who were brought in to replace the dross.

staunchhibby
19-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Some of these players masquerading as footballers should be done under the trades description act

ScottB
19-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Who the next guy is is an irrelevance, at least in terms of how 'inspirational' their name is, hell we could appoint Mourinho, but if the results and performances don't come, an inspirational name will be nothing but a blip in attendances.

A team that plays with commitment and well will bring fans back, nothing else will.

ScottB
19-11-2011, 07:38 PM

And that is the big worry, there is nothing the new man will be able to do anything until the transfer window opens in January, our defence look like they are going to give away a goal each time the other team attack us, our midfield are just poor, to happy to pass the ball back rather than take a chance and play the ball forward, striker, what has happened to big Gaz, just doesn't look like he care's anymore and he looks very unfit too.

The worry is where will Hibs be in the league come January, it really is not looking good for us that for sure, only six months ago Hibs had a clear out to get rid of players, it now seems six months on and we need another clearout to get rid of the dross who were brought in to replace the dross.

Which raises one of two possibilities:

1. They are all in fact as mince as they now appear. In which case we need to sack every Scout we have.

2. Players get steadily worse when they join us. In which case sack every first team couch at the club.

Personally, I think it's number 2. Players come to us with good reports from their previous clubs / fans (O'Hanlon for example), but with us quickly look unfit and start making mistakes. Consider that this has been the case since Collins, through probably 4 whole squads worth of players and I really think it's time for Evans and Stevenson to get the boot. People are quick to blame Petrie and the Board, the manager, hell today BB was getting it inside 10 minutes, but these two have managed to ride along mostly blameless, despite being the singular constant fixture through the malaise of the last few years.

TornadoHibby
19-11-2011, 07:50 PM

And that is the big worry, there is nothing the new man will be able to do anything until the transfer window opens in January, our defence look like they are going to give away a goal each time the other team attack us, our midfield are just poor, to happy to pass the ball back rather than take a chance and play the ball forward, striker, what has happened to big Gaz, just doesn't look like he care's anymore and he looks very unfit too.The worry is where will Hibs be in the league come January, it really is not looking good for us that for sure, only six months ago Hibs had a clear out to get rid of players, it now seems six months on and we need another clearout to get rid of the dross who were brought in to replace the dross.

Billy Brown had a huge problem today getting players to do as he wanted them to and particularly regarding trying to get the defence to stop defending far too close to Stack meaning that Killie had acres of space to move the ball around in and did so for long periods of the game! :confused: We should have pressed a higher line with the back 4 to reduce the "playing area" and retrieved the ball quickly whenever we didn't have posession to prevent them from being able to play as fluently as they did from time to time! :agree: I didn't think that they had such pace in any area of their team which warranted us defending so deep today! :confused:

Also, how can Ivan ever defend against the wide opposing winger when he is supposed to if he never looks at him regularly (if at all actually) to see where he is so that he can actually try and stop him doing anything worthwhile if he gets the ball!? :confused: Their no 23 was able to do whatever he felt like when he got the ball with Ivan "policing" him! :agree:

If the players won't or can't do as instructed by the coach/manager, none of which was out of the ordinary today IMO, then we really do have problems bigger then just needing a new management team! :agree:

Agree about GOC too! :confused: :agree:

Mark79
19-11-2011, 07:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI

Brilliant. Maybe these guys would do the trick?