PDA

View Full Version : supporters forum

justlikebrazil
19-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Anybody know how the supporters forum went this morning in the forthview suite? :flag:

oconnors_strip
19-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Went very well, no doubt people will report back on here later and the club will put something on official site

Mikey
19-11-2011, 04:54 PM
Unfortunately it was fairly poorly attended again. 50 were invited and 14 turned up.

The main topic was communication so issues such as Facebook, Twitter, the Official Site, etc were covered. General points about the Official Site was that it's often not up to date.

There wasn't really an awful lot new said in the time that I've been going to these things so I guess if they're still being said then they're still live issues.

Anyone else who was there want to add anything?

Beefster
19-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Unfortunately it was fairly poorly attended again. 50 were invited and 14 turned up.

If these folk actually accepted the invitation, that winds me up something rotten.

cabbageandribs1875
19-11-2011, 05:00 PM
what's the criteria for being invited to these things ? i've still got a till receipt from the club shop from 5 weeks ago does that entitle me ? :greengrin

Saorsa
19-11-2011, 05:03 PM
what's the criteria for being invited to these things ? i've still got a till receipt from the club shop from 5 weeks ago does that entitle me ? :greengrinI'm sure the invite was on thon survey that folk filled in :agree: then again maybe not :dunno:

cabbageandribs1875
19-11-2011, 05:08 PM
I'm sure the invite was on thon survey that folk filled in :agree: then again maybe not :dunno:

let me know when they do another survey then jamie ta :thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
19-11-2011, 05:37 PM
I'm sure the invite was on thon survey that folk filled in :agree: then again maybe not :dunno:
Not in the survey i completed. as it happens I would not have been able tomattend as my wife was in hospital but otherwise I would have made good on any commitment but didnt get an invite.
It does take the piss and those absentees without courtesy of explaination should have no qualms with being struck off later sessions presumably the club did not select brazen yams. Apathy is no excuse IMO.

fatbloke
19-11-2011, 06:34 PM

The main topic was communication so issues such as Facebook, Twitter, the Official Site, etc were covered. General points about the Official Site was that it's often not up to date.

There wasn't really an awful lot new said in the time that I've been going to these things so I guess if they're still being said then they're still live issues.

Anyone else who was there want to add anything?

Circa 19k invited at 3pm only about 8k turned up - symptomatic of general attendance indifference.

Mikey
19-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Circa 19k invited at 3pm only about 8k turned up - symptomatic of general attendance indifference.

A good number of those who were invited but didn't attend have been highly critical of the club, and the board in particular, but they didn't take their opportunity to attend.

All mouth and nae trousers.

Saorsa
19-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Not in the survey i completed. as it happens I would not have been able tomattend as my wife was in hospital but otherwise I would have made good on any commitment but didnt get an invite.
It does take the piss and those absentees without courtesy of explaination should have no qualms with being struck off later sessions presumably the club did not select brazen yams. Apathy is no excuse IMO.I'm sure there was a bit at the end asking if folk we willing tae attend, perhaps folk who were invited could say one way or the other.

fatbloke
19-11-2011, 06:39 PM
A good number of those who were invited but didn't attend have been highly critical of the club, and the board in particular, but they didn't take their opportunity to attend.

:top marks:agree:

Jack
19-11-2011, 07:18 PM
It was the usual suspects with a couple of welcome new faces. Folk complain about that BUT they are the folk that do turn up - if there is to be any criticism of these things you can't blame them.

I'm a usual suspect - anything for a free coffee and unusually there were biscuits, at that time on a Saturday morning I, for one, would have preferred a bacon roll. As a Hibby I must find something to complain about ;-)

I think the biggest outcome was the proposal for a shadow board made up with fans.

I think this has real prospects if the right folk are on it.

So, any thoughts who?

BroxburnHibee
19-11-2011, 07:21 PM
It was the usual suspects with a couple of welcome new faces. Folk complain about that BUT they are the folk that do turn up - if there is to be any criticism of these things you can't blame them.

I'm a usual suspect - anything for a free coffee and unusually there were biscuits, at that time on a Saturday morning I, for one, would have preferred a bacon roll. As a Hibby I must find something to complain about ;-)

I think the biggest outcome was the proposal for a shadow board made up with fans.

I think this has real prospects if the right folk are on it.

So, any thoughts who?

Anyone who wants to be on it should be discounted immediately :greengrin

Saorsa
19-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Anyone who wants to be on it should be discounted immediately :greengrinRight I dinnae want tae be on it so hopefully I'll get the gig :greengrin

down-the-slope
19-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Asked to be invited when ever opportunity has been there...never ever got one....:rolleyes:

Like the idea of a shadow board..at least that way the issues that fans are talking / concerned about would get aired and hopefully fed into main board...

oconnors_strip
19-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Asked to be invited when ever opportunity has been there...never ever got one....:rolleyes:

Like the idea of a shadow board..at least that way the issues that fans are talking / concerned about would get aired and hopefully fed into main board...

They are going to hold more forums, next one is before the rangers game. Email fife and explain you would like to attend

Billy Whizz
19-11-2011, 07:45 PM
They are going to hold more forums, next one is before the rangers game. Email fife and explain you would like to attend

Must be an early start if it's before the Rangers game

down-the-slope
19-11-2011, 08:09 PM

Might just do that...I would at least have the courtesy to turn up if invited and I accepted.....

Beefster
19-11-2011, 08:14 PM

Maybe they need to stop inviting the same old people - there is a customer base of thousands. If they keep speaking to the same folk time after time, they're not getting a true reflection of the support's views.

Billy Whizz
19-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Maybe they need to stop inviting the same old people - there is a customer base of thousands. If they keep speaking to the same folk time after time, they're not getting a true reflection of the support's views.

Well said.
Who are the "same old people" anyway

The Falcon
19-11-2011, 08:26 PM

Perhaps they invited those that were most critical? :dunno:

ANd if they hadnt been invited they would be shouting the odds claiming they were being shunned. I am at a loss as to what more the club can do.

I do agree with Beefster to a degree then, now that they had been invited and failed to respond the club should now move on and invite others who are wiling to take part.

Jack
19-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Maybe they need to stop inviting the same old people - there is a customer base of thousands. If they keep speaking to the same folk time after time, they're not getting a true reflection of the support's views. If the usual suspects didn't go there wouldn't be anyone - hardly.Speaking for myself all I can say is that I pay attention to the clubs website and to any links from the likes of here.I think anyone who did the same is as likely as I am to be invited - I'm not an uberfan or anything like that, just someone who takes an interest in the club and is stupid enough to put their name forward - and then turns up!I'm sure the club would be delighted if folk, even now, got in touch and volunteered their time.

Jonnyboy
19-11-2011, 09:25 PM

Tad harsh that Beefster. People that indicated via the online questionnaire that they'd like to attend were the ones invited. Only reason it was the 'same old people' was because they volunteered to take part and had the courtesy to turn up

Saorsa
19-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Tad harsh that Beefster. People that indicated via the online questionnaire that they'd like to attend were the ones invited. Only reason it was the 'same old people' was because they volunteered to take part and had the courtesy to turn upso I was right about that earlier, cheers for clearing that up:thumbsup:

marinello59
19-11-2011, 09:40 PM
]Maybe they need to stop inviting the same old people [/B]- there is a customer base of thousands. If they keep speaking to the same folk time after time, they're not getting a true reflection of the support's views.

We all had an equal chance to attend. If it was the same old faces then it was because when it comes to volunteering to give up your own time in any activity only a handful will actually make a genuine committment. That's my experience of running any community activity, loads of noise off stage then excuses when it gets down to the real work
For the record I didn't get an invite either (I never do) but I would have attended.

oconnors_strip
19-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Must be an early start if it's before the Rangers game

Today was 10.30-12noon, rangers game will probably be 10am start

Sammy7nil
20-11-2011, 03:04 PM
I got an invite, I did accept I intended to go right up to Saturday morning but due to a family problem I could not go.

All mouth and not trousers me :greengrin:wink:

Beefster
20-11-2011, 04:45 PM
If the usual suspects didn't go there wouldn't be anyone - hardly.

Tad harsh that Beefster. People that indicated via the online questionnaire that they'd like to attend were the ones invited. Only reason it was the 'same old people' was because they volunteered to take part and had the courtesy to turn up

I'm sorry but I refuse to believe that out of the (likely) hundreds who completed the survey that it was only 50 folk, including the 'same old faces' who volunteered to go. I know I volunteered (like M59) and no-one can accuse me of not being critical (or not offering detailed problems/solutions for that matter).

I'm not really sure of the point of talking to the same 10-20 people all the time (some of whom will chat with senior execs of the club outwith forums too). It's the old 'BTG syndrome' where they talk to the same folk week in week out all over again.

I get the distinct impression that, as usual, the club likes to make a big fuss about 'listening' and 'acting on your concerns' but they aren't really interested in anything too critical or too difficult to deal with. It's their lookout though because I doubt that I'm the only ST holder who is that fed up with the whole thing that, as things stand, I have no intention of renewing. And that's after 15 unbroken years of STs.

oconnors_strip
20-11-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm sorry but I refuse to believe that out of the (likely) hundreds who completed the survey that it was only 50 folk, including the 'same old faces' who volunteered to go. I know I volunteered (like M59) and no-one can accuse me of not being critical (or not offering detailed problems/solutions for that matter).

I'm not really sure of the point of talking to the same 10-20 people all the time (some of whom will chat with senior execs of the club outwith forums too). It's the old 'BTG syndrome' where they talk to the same folk week in week out all over again.

I get the distinct impression that, as usual, the club likes to make a big fuss about 'listening' and 'acting on your concerns' but they aren't really interested in anything too critical or too difficult to deal with. It's their lookout though because I doubt that I'm the only ST holder who is that fed up with the whole thing that, as things stand, I have no intention of renewing. And that's after 15 unbroken years of STs.

i mentioned this to fife hyland yesterday and he said if people dont approach the board members or make eye contact with them in BTG then its a bit difficult to talk to non same folk every week. all board members are very approachable, so just make an effort is what im saying to EVERYONE who moans about it

Baldy Foghorn
20-11-2011, 05:13 PM

Out of the 15 or so that attended, there were guys there that I had never seen before.....

As said earlier invitations were sent out on the back of the online questionnaire, maybe 100 invited, half responded and only 15 turn up..... I cant for the life of understand why people volunteer themselves but then dont attend.....This is a big chance to be heard by important people within OUR club....

FWIW I thought some great points were made, in a calm atmosphere, and the Board took 12 pages of suggestions away.....Obviously everything wont be addressed, but if some of the points made can be addressed, then that for me is progress......The suggestion re the Shadow Board was a fantastic one, and I am envious that it wasn't myself who suggested it:greengrin

Jonnyboy
20-11-2011, 09:57 PM

It's worth pointing out that the session on Saturday was only the first in an intended series so you may well get an invite yet :wink:

Also, that's the first forum I've attended since back in the days of Colin McNeill so it wasn't all the same old faces though mine is old I'll grant you :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
20-11-2011, 10:32 PM

Maybe it's easier to talk to the same folk who just sit and agree like nodding dogs with a grin on their faces every week :greengrin......................I await the first nodding dog to dispute my observation!

Andy74
21-11-2011, 10:25 AM
What is a shadow board and what possible use is it?

Jack
21-11-2011, 10:57 AM
What is a shadow board and what possible use is it?

Now there's a good question.

Nothing was set other than the idea. I would imagine the remit of a shadow board would be for them to decide once it had been set up. How its set up is still open to discussion. The secretariat around it wasn’t even discussed.

So all there is at the moment is an idea with a couple of thoughts around it. Plenty time for people to make suggestions. :greengrin

I may have given the wrong impression earlier on around well know faces / usual suspects remark. There were some people I recognised from previous similar events, but as others have said it was not all made up of these folk. Sorry for the confusion. :agree:

I might also add that the most usual of usual suspects included representatives from Hibs.net and the HibeesBounce; who between them have the capacity to quickly put out information into the cyber world and for information and discussion to flow from that.

Although I was invited as a supporter I also have a Council role with the Hibs Supporters Association so, if it was necessary, I could have reported back to the Council and through that to the Branches with some 2,000 members.

I don’t have my notes with me so I couldn’t say, with any accuracy, what other supporter groups were represented.

Hope this helps :greengrin

Neil4Hibs
21-11-2011, 11:04 AM
I was invited - on the questionnaire I didn't like to put No - but as I live near Swindon and only attend a few games a season, I responded last week by e-mail to decline the invitation. It would be great if one of the forums co-incided with me attending but unlikely I guess.

Andy74
21-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Now there's a good question.

Nothing was set other than the idea. I would imagine the remit of a shadow board would be for them to decide once it had been set up. How its set up is still open to discussion. The secretariat around it wasn’t even discussed.

So all there is at the moment is an idea with a couple of thoughts around it. Plenty time for people to make suggestions. :greengrin

I may have given the wrong impression earlier on around well know faces / usual suspects remark. There were some people I recognised from previous similar events, but as others have said it was not all made up of these folk. Sorry for the confusion. :agree:

I might also add that the most usual of usual suspects included representatives from Hibs.net and the HibeesBounce; who between them have the capacity to quickly put out information into the cyber world and for information and discussion to flow from that.

Although I was invited as a supporter I also have a Council role with the Hibs Supporters Association so, if it was necessary, I could have reported back to the Council and through that to the Branches with some 2,000 members.

I don’t have my notes with me so I couldn’t say, with any accuracy, what other supporter groups were represented.

Hope this helps :greengrin

I'm not surprised it wasn't discussed much further as it's a tricky one.

For a start there is no way this shadow board could be informed of any of the issues that require to reserved for the real board and so I'm not sure what could be added.

If it's just to be a group that consider all the stuuf around the edges of the club then surely these types of forums and also the supporteres asscoaiations and such like all provide ideas and respresentations anyway.

It's good for people to be thinking about ways to help the club but I think it's all a bit over enginerred and most of it falls away when you get the manager and the players doing the job they have been given.