PDA

View Full Version : Costco/Makro cards - The Xmas, New Year and pumping the Hertz on the 2nd Peeve

Antifa Hibs
19-11-2011, 08:50 AM
Alright all,

Anyone know how to acquire a Costco or Makro card?

With pay day looming and Xmas/New Year round the corner I'm looking to get the Xmas peeve sorted out. I know supermarkets do great deals on your Tennants and Strongbows but looking to get the good gear, its Christmas after all :wink:

Cheers :aok:

H18sry
19-11-2011, 08:59 AM
http://www.costco.co.uk/Membership_home/Exec_memship/images/Executive%20Individual%20Application_for%20Web.pdf

http://www.makro.co.uk/servlet/PB/menu/1023078_l2/index.html

Easy :wink:

Antifa Hibs
19-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Appears Makro is for business's only but cheers for the Costco one :wink:

Anyone shop at these places? Are their significant savings to be made?

Rattler
19-11-2011, 04:35 PM

Really depends on what you're after and when.

We've got Costco membership and it's about £30 a year. You've obviously got to know the rough best buys in the shops to be able to compare them to Costco as some of the prices that they charge are almost the same as shop prices. They do a brochure which lasts about a month with special money-off vouchers which also brings down the cost quite a bit.

We like it for a wee change. Their fruit and veg is really good quality, cakes and bread etc also good as is their meat, but you're obviously having to buy in bulk.

Some of the beer and wine offers are good but the range is a bit limited. Got a decent 3 pack boxed gift set of Rioja for about £25 - when I checked the cost online one bottle alone was selling for more than that!

Scouse Hibee
19-11-2011, 07:18 PM

I have a Makro card, it's a bit hit and miss to be honest! Some of the supermarket deals on beer and wine are hard to beat, having said that there are regular mailshots from Makro with good deals across the board, it's just a matter of timing as to how good it can be. I like going without a particular purpose and often pick up some decent bargains.

LEaston87
30-11-2011, 12:53 PM
I used to work in Makro, sometimes get good deals on bottled Spirits, Highland Park is regularly on offer for about £16+vat which is great value. Its crap for crates of beer though, Tesco and Asda are far cheaper.