PDA

View Full Version : Why is there not . . .

sixtwo
18-11-2011, 10:15 PM
A greater outcry to the possibility that a disgusting, puppet faced yam may be our next manager? He is a number two. He has shown nothing but contempt for hibs in all his years in football. He has no track record. Crowds will go down if he is appointed. In my opinion, he and jeffries would relegate us.

He cannot get the job.

persevere1875
18-11-2011, 10:18 PM
A greater outcry to the possibility that a disgusting, puppet faced yam may be our next manager? He is a number two. He has shown nothing but contempt for hibs in all his years in football. He has no track record. Crowds will go down if he is appointed. In my opinion, he and jeffries would relegate us.

He cannot get the job.

And Breathe .............:wink:

Twa Cairpets
18-11-2011, 10:20 PM

He cannot get the job.

Because most people would give someone a chance before crucifying them. And he (assuming you mean Brown) has been interviewed, not Jefferies.

Wouldn't be my first choice, but if he gets it then he should get the support of the fans for a reasonable time to prove himself.

Your view is far too narrow minded - he's been employed by teams who's purpose when they play us is to beat us. That doesnt make him the antichrist.

SquashedFrogg
18-11-2011, 10:23 PM

He cannot get the job.

Go away, find a brain cell, and turn the electricity off :aok:

sixtwo
18-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Because most people would give someone a chance before crucifying them. And he (assuming you mean Brown) has been interviewed, not Jefferies.

Wouldn't be my first choice, but if he gets it then he should get the support of the fans for a reasonable time to prove himself.

Your view is far too narrow minded - he's been employed by teams who's purpose when they play us is to beat us. That doesnt make him the antichrist.

He would be your 'first choice'? That is ridiculous. Not good enough to be a manager at kilie or hearts but good enough to be your first choice? We have dwindling crowds. We need someone to unite fans. Brown clearly divides the hibs suport

fatbloke
18-11-2011, 10:27 PM

He cannot get the job.

:rolleyes:

sixtwo
18-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Go away, find a brain cell, and turn the electricity off :aok:

No need to be offensive. We are all entitled to opinions. I choose not to be a hypocrite. :wink:

Benny Brazil
18-11-2011, 10:32 PM
He would be your 'first choice'? That is ridiculous. Not good enough to be a manager at kilie or hearts but good enough to be your first choice? We have dwindling crowds. We need someone to unite fans. Brown clearly divides the hibs suport

You been drinking? He said he WOULDNT be his first choice.

Diclonius
18-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Wouldn't be my first choice

Nice. :aok:

I think he only divides you mate.

Hainan Hibs
18-11-2011, 10:37 PM

He cannot get the job.

You'll get a lot of stick but I agree. If out of 90 applicants Billy Brown is the best option then we're ****ed.

sixtwo
18-11-2011, 10:39 PM
You been drinking? He said he WOULDNT be his first choice.

Yes I have. Apologies for the misquote. he should still be emptied ASAP.
We deserve better.

sixtwo
18-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Nice. :aok:

I think he only divides you mate.
A wee mistake chicken, keep it in yer pants. The truth is brown would divide opinion and I'm concerned that more fans are not making their views heard about brown. I'd rather he wasn't appointed now than sacked when it's to late

Twa Cairpets
18-11-2011, 10:44 PM
We deserve better.

Given the alcohol intake no problem with your inability to read, but it wasnt that he wasnt good enough to be number one at Hearts or Killie, its that he didnt put himself forward to be. He was part of a relatively succesful management team (in Scottish terms).

Like I say, he isn't my first choice, but if he gets the gig, nae problem, lets see how he does.

Judas Iscariot
18-11-2011, 10:48 PM
We deserve better.

Sometimes I think we get exactly what we deserve when there's fans ranting & pish spouting like you around..

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-11-2011, 10:48 PM
Reality is that he will be in charge of the team tomorrow, period. Says a lot of the professionalism of the man that rather than walk away and say get it right up you, he has stayed on as a steadying influence. Call him a Yam all you like, I have more respect for Billy Brown in the short time that he has been a Hibs employee than I had for the whole tenure of the hapless doughnut he tried to help.

sixtwo
18-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Given the alcohol intake no problem with your inability to read, but it wasnt that he wasnt good enough to be number one at Hearts or Killie, its that he didnt pout himself forward to be. He was part of a relatively succesful management team (in Scottish terms).

Like I say, he isn't my first choice, but if he gets the gig, nae problem, lets see how he does.

So he is your first choice now?:confused:
:greengrin

I can see the merits. But think we deserve better. If there are 90 applicants, why should we settle for a man who was sacked by hearts twice from a less responsible role?

Should we not aim higher?

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2011, 10:55 PM
You'll get a lot of stick but I agree. If out of 90 applicants Billy Brown is the best option then we're ****ed.

:agree:

Although i know one of the applicants, Jamie Boyd. He only applied to see if he'd get an official rejection from the club. :faf:

sixtwo
18-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Sometimes I think we get exactly what we deserve when there's fans ranting & pish spouting like you around..

Make a creative response. Muck throwing at a fellow supporter is just silly. Tell me what I have said that is Pish and back up your argument. You have added nothing.
Poor post sweet cheeks

The Green Goblin
18-11-2011, 10:58 PM

He cannot get the job.

No need whatsoever for the bit in bold, imo. As far as I can tell, Brown has worked hard since he came to Hibs and gave an excellent interview in The Scotsman where he was quite open about working for both teams and came across very well; articulate and knowledgable. He is a number two, as you say, and a good one at that, but can you really see someone who has never been a manager being appointed in such a high pressure crucial decision for the board? I also very much doubt JJ will get the job, so no need to worry about that either. Chill.

GG

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-11-2011, 11:04 PM
:agree: Although i know one of the applicants, Jamie Boyd. He only applied to see if he'd get an official rejection from the club. :faf: Did he ask you to put together a CV for him, cos if it was anything like the one you put together for Terry Butcher, I would guess he will get a no thanks reply asap.

Tricla
18-11-2011, 11:04 PM
A wee mistake chicken, keep it in yer pants.

Poor post sweet cheeks

One too many babychams methinks! :greengrin

sixtwo
18-11-2011, 11:06 PM
When he was ranting on the radio about hibs ( before a derby in a negative sense), or singing hearts songs on the bus after they won the cup or ranting and raving in the hearts dug out- I totally resented the man. I cannot and will not support him.

He should not get the job. It will be a worse appointment than calderwood and Duffy combined.

I do not pretend to speak for the majority but I know there will be many others that will not want him in charge. There will be even more if he does not start well

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Did he ask you to put together a CV for him, cos if it was anything like the one you put together for Terry Butcher, I would guess he will get a no thanks reply asap.

Jamie's record might just be better? :wink:

sixtwo
18-11-2011, 11:09 PM
[QUOTE=Tricla;2994281]One too many babychams methinks! :greengrin[/QUOTE
Your ma had plenty:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
18-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Whilst BB has been interviewed, I just can't see him getting it..... There must be a reason he has always been a Number 2, and Hibs can't afford to give this job to a "first timer"......

Hibs have to make the right appointment, and IMO BB does not fit that criteria.......

clerriehibs
18-11-2011, 11:19 PM

Maybe ... but clearly not down the middle. I think your extreme viewpoint isn't shared by all that many.

Eyrie
18-11-2011, 11:24 PM
I can see the merits. But think we deserve better. If there are 90 applicants, why should we settle for a man who was sacked by hearts twice from a less responsible role?

Should we not aim higher?
Of course. But what if he is the best of the 90 candidates? Highly unlikely, but in that case he would deserve our support until he proves otherwise.

sixtwo
18-11-2011, 11:27 PM
Maybe not but I think there may be a lot of fans opposed to bb getting the job. There would be a lot more being vocal if things were not to change quickly

Why put the team in that position? If we can get a man with a better cv and with no links to hearts ( or at least not as strong links to hearts) why would we not do that.

Brown will sink us

sixtwo
18-11-2011, 11:30 PM
Of course. But what if he is the best of the 90 candidates? Highly unlikely, but in that case he would deserve our support until he proves otherwise.

He is not. There is not 90 ex hearts managers. There must be someone who is not a vermin yam.

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2011, 11:31 PM

Silly question though, he cant be the best candidate, he's never managed a football club in his chuff?

And as someone else said, if he was the best candidate, well we are in some state.

Twa Cairpets
18-11-2011, 11:42 PM
He is not. There is not 90 ex hearts managers. There must be someone who is not a vermin yam.

This is just guff.

"Vermin yam" or someone who has been around and been fairly succesful for 25 odd years at the upper end of Scottish football, for the most part.

Small minded my friend, small minded.

BB may have worked fot Hearts. so did Wiullie Ormond. Is he vermin yam?

Baldy Foghorn
18-11-2011, 11:45 PM
This is just guff.

"Vermin yam" or someone who has been around and been fairly succesful for 25 odd years at the upper end of Scottish football, for the most part.

Small minded my friend, small minded.

BB may have worked fot Hearts. so did Wiullie Ormond. Is he vermin yam?

But only as an assistant, never been a manager in his own right?

Twa Cairpets
18-11-2011, 11:55 PM
But only as an assistant, never been a manager in his own right?

So? Seriously, does it matter? He's either got the capabaility or he hasnt.

To write him off before he's even been offered the job is insane

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2011, 11:59 PM

I'm certainly not writing him off, but i'd be well pissed off if he was the best candidate for the job. And on that basis, i cannot see him getting it?

Bostonhibby
19-11-2011, 12:28 AM

He cannot get the job.

Not my first choice either, but I am going to wait and see. Only outright evidence of detrimental behaviour towards Hibs I have seen is an annoyingly persistent tendency to be on the side of a team that beats us, plenty of others that we would have have done that - Like Brown, thats what they are paid to do.

lyonhibs
19-11-2011, 02:44 AM
A wee mistake chicken, keep it in yer pants. The truth is brown would divide opinion and I'm concerned that more fans are not making their views heard about brown. I'd rather he wasn't appointed now than sacked when it's to late

I'm willing to bet literally every single one of the 90 applicants (unless Mourinho, Sir Alex Ferguson and Rafa Benitez are vying for the post) will divide opinion to one degree or another.

I'll hold my hands up and say I have personally been happy with each of the last 3 managerial appointments when they occured.

All 3 have been unsuccessful/disasterous to one degree or another. If Billy Brown gets the gig, I'll reserve judgement this time around.

Pete
19-11-2011, 03:39 AM
He's been a number two all his working life but that's no reason to think he can't be a good number one. He's been waiting for this opportunity all his life and I reckon he will put every fibre of his being into the job.

He's worked for Hearts in the past but that might actually make him good for us. He has something to prove to himself and others and hibs have been an emotional part of his professional life.
I think it will be quite easy for him to turn negatives into positives (which he has already done to a point), get immersed in the job and understand what being a hibernian is all about. How much personal satisfaction would he achieve by making us great?

I'm actually quite excited about Brown being in charge just now and I would give him a chance for a while because this might just work.

cad
19-11-2011, 06:10 AM
BB , helped in doing a number on us for years ,he wants to prove he has the minerals ,he wont put up with second best ,
anybody else coming through the door will be just as big a gamble ,hes here now give the guy a chance

Personally Dode Burley and BB would do me , bit of excitement an all that , the crowds could dip a bit , tho :wink:

GGTTH

ronaldo7
19-11-2011, 06:22 AM
He can help out wi the strips in the laundry room for me.

Maybe Rod's wanting to take him back to his childhood days, and knock out that stuffy yammish behaviour he's portrayed for many years.

huggie1875
19-11-2011, 06:37 AM
Though i really dont want BB as manager i will always back the manager chosen. Still hoping Stevie Clarke gets it but alas i think we missed that ship last time

aunty joyce
19-11-2011, 06:40 AM
Maybe not but I think there may be a lot of fans opposed to bb getting the job. There would be a lot more being vocal if things were not to change quickly Why put the team in that position? If we can get a man with a better cv and with no links to hearts ( or at least not as strong links to hearts) why would we not do that. Brown will sink us I'm sure Colin Calderwood's CV would have read extremely well . . . Just because you have all the attributes on paper doesn't mean you'll be a good manager in the SPL! I for one will give BB (or anyone else for that matter) my backing as Manager - I also think he comes across very well, he doesn't call a spade a shovel, he'll tell it exactly how it is, which I think one or two of our players could do with hearing and I'd much rather it was the Manager telling them than the fans shouting it from the stands on a Saturday afternoon!

aunty joyce
19-11-2011, 06:46 AM
He's been a number two all his working life but that's no reason to think he can't be a good number one. He's been waiting for this opportunity all his life and I reckon he will put every fibre of his being into the job. He's worked for Hearts in the past but that might actually make him good for us. He has something to prove to himself and others and hibs have been an emotional part of his professional life. I think it will be quite easy for him to turn negatives into positives (which he has already done to a point) get immersed in the job and understand what being a hibernian is all about. How much personal satisfaction would he achieve by making us great? I'm actually quite excited about Brown being in charge just now and I would give him a chance for a while because this might just work. Well said . . . I wish there was a 'like' button on Hibs.net :-))

Septimus
19-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Hopefully today he will put out a team whih looks as though it has been doing some training during the past two weeks. If he can make something of the players we have at present I don't give a damn what his background is.

down-the-slope
19-11-2011, 09:13 AM
I'm certainly not writing him off, but i'd be well pissed off if he was the best candidate for the job. And on that basis, i cannot see him getting it?

The flaw in you reasoning BH is presuming the board can spot the best candidate........'couldn't score in a brothel' springs to mind :rolleyes:

SquashedFrogg
19-11-2011, 03:15 PM

I have no idea who you are mate but please refrain from sending me pm's. :agree:

If you have anything to say to me, why not be brave enough to keep it public? :rolleyes:

sixtwo
19-11-2011, 05:48 PM
I thought your reply to me was rude at the start of this thread. I wanted to let you know that and to let you know I thought you were being a bit of a tool. I didn't think the thread was the best place for it. You made it personal. Plum

SquashedFrogg
19-11-2011, 06:33 PM
I thought your reply to me was rude at the start of this thread. I wanted to let you know that and to let you know I thought you were being a bit of a tool. I didn't think the thread was the best place for it. You made it personal. Plum

Fair enough but I'm still not sure why you decided to be a bit creepy and pm me?

Is it because you want to keep our illicit affair secret?

For the record, I think if you read back the various replies to your post last night you'll find that you're the plum :na na:

sixtwo
19-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Fair enough but I'm still not sure why you decided to be a bit creepy and pm me?

Is it because you want to keep our illicit affair secret?

For the record, I think if you read back the various replies to your post last night you'll find that you're the plum :na na:

****ing nerd

Baldy Foghorn
20-11-2011, 06:27 PM

Do you really believe BB would be the best candidate, and would be the man to turn our fortunes around?...... You have to question why he has never been anything more than an assistant, and I think the Hibs Manager role, is too big for BB.......

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 06:30 PM
He won't get the job.

I don't know why he was interviewed though or considered for the position.

:confused:

Baldy Foghorn
20-11-2011, 06:31 PM
He won't get the job.

I don't know why he was interviewed though or considered for the position.

:confused:

Maybe just as a matter of courtesy?

Kammy1875
20-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Maybe just as a matter of courtesy?

I hope so. He should be nowhere near the short list of managers. :aok: