PDA

View Full Version : Yams Not Again. Why are these smug Yams always bailed out at the last minute?

One Day Soon
18-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Sky Sports News reporting live now:

"It is believed that Edinburgh club Heart of Midlothian's supporter representatives have made contact with a blue-chip potential backer who they say has pledged to intervene in the club's desperate circumstances.

The supporter group's spokesperson issued a statement today reporting that "providing we the supporters can ourselves first demonstrate our commitment to his intervention, the household name involved would 'almost certainly' intervene to save the stricken club before the end of the year."

The backer concerned is believed to be the sole owner of a global enterprise.

Tynecastle stadium is understood to be opening its doors to all fans on Sunday to host a gathering of all Hearts supporters willing to join the call for his intervention. Fans are organising a white sheet to cover the entire playing surface of the atmospheric ground. Starting with the Wheatfield Stand every fan present will take it in turn to put their name to what is expected to be an historic and unprecedented document in Scottish footballing history. The supporters leading the initiative are believed to include a number of middle ranking managers from Edinburgh's financial services sector.

The precise wording of the document to be signed is being kept carefully under wraps until Sunday. The fan's spokesman would only reveal that the document begins 'Dear Santa'."

Skanko79
18-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Although its a very nice thought the chances of Hearts ever going under are slim to none.

Hibbyradge
18-11-2011, 05:25 PM
:thumbsup:

Mikey
18-11-2011, 05:28 PM
:tee hee:

poolman
18-11-2011, 05:28 PM

"It is believed that Edinburgh club Heart of Midlothian's supporter representatives have made contact with a blue-chip potential backer who they say has pledged to intervene in the club's desperate circumstances.

The supporter group's spokesperson issued a statement today reporting that "providing we the supporters can ourselves first demonstrate our commitment to his intervention, the household name involved would 'almost certainly' intervene to save the stricken club before the end of the year."

Tynecastle stadium is understood to be opening its doors to all fans on Sunday to host a gathering of all Hearts supporters willing to join the call for his intervention. Fans are organising a white sheet to cover the entire playing surface of the atmospheric ground. Starting with the Wheatfield Stand every fan present will take it in turn to put their name to what is expected to be an historic and unprecedented document in Scottish footballing history. The supporters leading the initiative are believed to include a number of middle ranking managers from Edinburgh's financial services sector.

The precise wording of the document to be signed is being kept carefully under wraps until Sunday. The fan's spokesman would only reveal that the document begins 'Dear Santa'."

I presume there will be a few "clauses" in the contract

hibsbollah
18-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Santa would never get involved. Tynecastles asbestos roof would surely fall foul of the relevant elf and safety regulations.

poolman
18-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Santa would never get involved. Tynecastles asbestos roof would surely fall foul of the relevant elf and safety regulations.

Very true, the rain would get in the hole in the roof dear

Andy74
18-11-2011, 05:34 PM

:greengrin

huggie1875
18-11-2011, 05:34 PM
It's Sir Tom doing a Mercer:bye:

70hibby
18-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Lol ... funniest thing ive read on here for a long time !! .. Lol

brog
18-11-2011, 05:36 PM

Excellent!! Seriously though it's hard to imagine any sane person taking Hearts on. The Mad One will want a lot of dosh, as will the bank so I don't see much chance of the Huns £1 scenario. We should remember that millionaire businessmen did not get to that status through generosity of spirit!! I'm sure anyone doing proper due diligence on Yams will head for the hills soonest.

:hibees

johnrebus
18-11-2011, 05:40 PM

I don't mind admitting that you got me.

Brilliant

Barney McGrew
18-11-2011, 05:43 PM
:hilarious

:top marks

Sioux
18-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Sportsound are reporting 2 separate interested parties. The Edinburgh bases one has suggesteed that Romanov keeps Tynecastle and is paid a rent via a 25/30 year lease. Nothing said about providing funds to actually buy the club and nothing about the debt of whatever million that might be.

Seems they want to own HOMOFC but simply pay a rent and be free to spend the income via STs and gates receipts like a normal club.

How come the stadium is suddenly fit for purpose now then? coz there's no chance of the new 'owners' having funds to replace the death trap, and no chance of borrowing money without security (PBS).

The other mob are supposedly London based with a similar plan but may have some money to put in.

Vlad might be mad but not that daft to accept such a deal where he gets virtually nowt.

MGmick
18-11-2011, 05:48 PM
I don't mind admitting that you got me.

Brilliant

Yup. I was got right up to, but not including, the last line :not worth

poolman
18-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Sportsound are reporting 2 separate interested parties. The Edinburgh bases one has suggesteed that Romanov keeps Tynecastle and is paid a rent via a 25/30 year lease. Nothing said about providing funds to actually buy the club and nothing about the debt of whatever million that might be.

Seems they want to own HOMOFC but simply pay a rent and be free to spend the income via STs and gates receipts like a normal club.

How come the stadium is suddenly fit for purpose now then? coz there's no chance of the new 'owners' having funds to replace the death trap, and no chance of borrowing money without security (PBS).

The other mob are supposedly London based with a similar plan but may have some money to put in.

Vlad might be mad but not that daft to accept such a deal where he gets virtually nowt.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2crvzhc.jpg

johnrebus
18-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Yup. I was got right up to, but not including, the last line :not worth

I know, its really sad, but with Vlad about there sure is no sanity clause.......,

nortonhibby
18-11-2011, 05:54 PM

some one called Pat the Plumber is there saviour who he ?

Sean1875
18-11-2011, 05:55 PM
You horrible git had me going there :greengrin

Dinkydoo
18-11-2011, 05:57 PM
:top marks

Had me going for a minute there! :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
18-11-2011, 06:12 PM
some one called Pat the Plumber is there saviour who he ?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/romanov_says_plumber_s_bid_to_buy_hearts_just_a_pi pe_dream_1_1251303

nortonhibby
18-11-2011, 06:14 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/romanov_says_plumber_s_bid_to_buy_hearts_just_a_pi pe_dream_1_1251303

I Have space in the back of my taxi for this clown.

:taxi

degenerated
18-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Nearly pished myself there. The middle ranking managers from the financial sector sold it for me :hilarious

Saorsa
18-11-2011, 06:26 PM

One Day Soon
18-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Nearly pished myself there. The middle ranking managers from the financial sector sold it for me :hilarious

I had to seriously restrain myself from making references to yellow cardigans and Rover grille badges. Perhaps I should have posted it first over on Brokebank?

The Green Goblin
18-11-2011, 06:38 PM
I suppose the old feller would probably find it hard to resist such a large carrot being dangled in front of him...although the 400k prize turnips that fill the stands every week might be the clincher.

GG

The Green Goblin
18-11-2011, 06:40 PM
p.s - you got me too. For a moment there I was horrified. Nice one. haha

GG

fatbloke
18-11-2011, 06:44 PM

Absolutely magnificent :faf:

Dashing Bob S
18-11-2011, 06:54 PM
I'm going t hold my hand up and confessed that you stitched me up like the proverbial kipper there, ODS. Was just about to seethe when I read the last line and almost fell off my chair exploding with laughter, and a little relief. Genius. :top marks:not worth

oldbiker
18-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Hook line and sinker :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pure class:top marks

Keith_M
18-11-2011, 07:06 PM
That's not funny, I now have to go and change my underpants.

heidtheba
18-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Got me too! I actually had to read it twice to make sure your end comments were all part of the same thing and not a slagging off of the headline.

But you know what...knowing their luck (and mine) I wouldn't discount the jammy canutes pulling something smug out of the hat...:rolleyes:

...WentToMowAnSPL
18-11-2011, 07:13 PM

Never will I forgive you for that :not worth

frazeHFC
18-11-2011, 07:17 PM
:faf:

I was gutted too!

fife hfc
18-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Superb:not worth I copied it onto facebook (I hope you don't mind) and the yams are falling for it hook, line and sinker and now I'm being abused for pointing out the last bit :na na:. Though I did fall for it myself until the last line.:top marks

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Quality effort ODS! I'm glad i wasn't the only one swearing away until i got to the last line!

Barman Stanton
18-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Was gutted reading that. Brilliant! Hopefully any Jambos looking in were were believing as well. They are good at that.

SteveHFC
18-11-2011, 08:06 PM
:faf::not worth

Eyrie
18-11-2011, 10:08 PM
More and more depressing to read until the last two words. Superbly done, sir :aok:

Bostonhibby
18-11-2011, 11:15 PM

The household name is Gaz Kukker.

He always wanted to buy a football club so he randomly picked on one with a £35m deficit, a ground that needs a similar amount spent just to match their aspirations / delusions and a media image that is marginally better than Gary Glitters?

Odd one when you think that the sole owner of a global enterprise could pick up the big huns for about £10m plus underwriting the debt, or a host of sizeable English Championship clubs for less than the Yam debt. Unless of course he is a Yam - if so why has he waited so long through all thats gone wrong to take them over when it costs the most?

PS - otherwise, clever, very clever...........

Judas Iscariot
18-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Superb :top marks

IWasThere2016
18-11-2011, 11:41 PM
Take a bow, ODS! :thumbsup:

Springbank
19-11-2011, 07:48 AM
I guess Santa would continue a fine and noble tradition in EH11 where they like a pattern (and not just on a cardigan)

Can anyone spot the pattern here?

Early 80s - bust - seek white knight saviour - enter Wallace Mercer - who ends up hated and replaced by Chris Robinson

Early 90s - bust - spends money beyond their means (even millions from Scottish Media Group) - Robinson ends up hated

Early 00s - bust - needing to move to Murrayfield - seeks white knight - enter Romanov, who spends way beyond their means (cheating)

Early 10s - bust - Romanov ends up hated (by all except the true beLIEvers) - Hearts fans search and scrabble for a white knight

Early 20s - bust - Elves pay arrived 19 days late, even Fraser Wishart sends Santa an email "seeking clarifications". Rudolph exposes himself to underage reindeer, and is hailed as a "hero" by Hearts owner Mr Claus. Sergey reports that North Pole stocks plunging for 25th consecutive month. White knight sought...

huggie1875
19-11-2011, 07:57 AM
:faf: Outstanding:top marks

down-the-slope
19-11-2011, 07:58 AM
Bugger....reading stuff like that is bad for the Heart first thing in the morning.....was sucked in until the tynie gathering bit...thought ...aye right Vlad would want a rental fee for that....

weonlywon6-2
19-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Although its a very nice thought the chances of Hearts ever going under are slim to none.

no they wont go under,but the debt will still be round their neck in some form.vlad will not wipe out 30 million pounds so will be curious how they go about it

no matter who comes in, the money hearts have been turning over will take a massive drop which in turn will see a different team on the park

H18sry
19-11-2011, 08:48 AM
Cracking cheers :thumbsup: also stolen :greengrin

Monktonhall 7
19-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Just read that at the foot of the Scotsman article, and was absolutely pi**ing myself. Printed a copy for some pre match entertainment at BTG this afternoon. Superb.:thumbsup:

connerg
19-11-2011, 09:33 AM

Not falling for that one again. :no way:

One Day Soon
19-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Thanks folks. I'm here all week.