PDA

View Full Version : O'Neill not been contacted

keep the faith
18-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Michael O'Neill tells the Scotsman this morning he has not been contacted by Hibs at all.

With interviews already been conducted with brown and fenlon then surely we would have been in touch before now. Does this suggest MON is not being considered??

I hope not as he is surely an outstanding candidate. Very strange

steakbake
18-11-2011, 10:28 AM
I'm not sure we should take anything as read in the papers.

Barney McGrew
18-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Michael O'Neill tells the Scotsman this morning he has not been contacted by Hibs at all

He has.

offshorehibby
18-11-2011, 10:38 AM
I was just thinking about that last night. It's been mentioned that Fenlon has been over for an interview and BB has had one but none of the MON camp have been on to say he's been interviewed.

bighairyfaeleith
18-11-2011, 10:38 AM
surely he should be contacting us?

persevere1875
18-11-2011, 10:51 AM
With this is mind, if we've had a discussion with Fenlon, why are Bohemians claiming to be in the dark as to Hibs intentions, surely as the current manager we'd have had to ask permission to even talk to the guy ???

IWasThere2016
18-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Lotta porky pies going about ..

steakbake
18-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Lotta porky pies going about ..

The bottom line.

It's not as if Hibs, the candidates and their employers will be inclined to give us a fully transparent account of what is happening. I think the only people who know are those conducting the interview process. And none of them are going to tell us.

In this case, fitba folk really do ken whit's gaun oan...

Brooster
18-11-2011, 11:09 AM
I can assure you that o'neil has been approached.

aberhibsfc
18-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Petrie's not a fan of information going public.

MON might just be playing things safe until there actually is something to say. I am sure candidates have been winged before by Rodders by spilling info to the press.

Mitter Twitter readers have witnessed an example of how Rodney likes feeds about the club to be under control.

stokesmessiah
18-11-2011, 11:26 AM
I suspect deeply that not only has MON been contacted but a decision has already been made about our next incumbent. In order to sustain some stability for an important game this weekend and possibly allow our new manager to take in his new charges with an announcement early next week.??

For the record i am not saying it has been offered to MON, just that i think the process is further on than we know. With who is the big question!?

Also, is it just me or is the only silver lining in us eating through managers quicker than the J***** eat an overdraft that it is a terribly exciting and mysterious time awaiting on them appointing the new man. Reminds me a bit of Stars in their eyes when they walk through the door shrouded in smoke and you think you know who its going to be but you dont know for certain?? :greengrin

brydekirk
18-11-2011, 11:37 AM
I can assure you that o'neil has been approached. What one !

RIP
18-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Petrie's not a fan of information going public.

MON might just be playing things safe until there actually is something to say. I am sure candidates have been winged before by Rodders by spilling info to the press.

Mitter Twitter readers have witnessed an example of how Rodney likes feeds about the club to be under control.

Can't see how Petrie's involved to be honest. I'm not saying he's not being consulted but Hyland and Lindsay run the club and it's those directors who are handling the manager recruitment

My conjecture is that they've interviewed O'Neill before but not the others. If they're doing their job properly there will be a long list (the 90), then a medium short list (6 to 8), then a very short list (2 or 3). With that final list they will have their first, second and third choices - after that it's all about wage negotiations.

So it's not impossible that MON is already one of the 3

ScottB
18-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Given that we know he has been interviewed, this suggests he aint getting the job, and now he's trying to make it look like he / we were never interested.

stokesmessiah
18-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Given that we know he has been interviewed, this suggests he aint getting the job, and now he's trying to make it look like he / we were never interested.

Not sure how we know that?

Speedway
18-11-2011, 01:12 PM
O'Neill is being very clever here. It is true that he has not been approached by Hibs.

GloryGlory
18-11-2011, 01:15 PM
O'Neill is being very clever here. It is true that he has not been approached by Hibs.

Are you suggesting then that he has been approached by someone acting on behalf of Hibs? Or that it was O'Neill or an agent who approached Hibs?

Speedway
18-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Are you suggesting then that he has been approached by someone acting on behalf of Hibs?

Who can say.

ahibby
18-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Who can say.

Then why say anything?

FranckSuzy
18-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Perhaps HE approached THEM so no there was no approach FROM Hibs :hmmm:

Speedway
18-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Then why say anything?

Why get up in the morning? Why shave?

ahibby
18-11-2011, 01:36 PM

That's obvious. The answers are to earn some money and try to look my best. There I've answered your questions how about answering mine now.

RickyS
18-11-2011, 01:42 PM

been telling the wife that for a fortnight:greengrin

Speedway
18-11-2011, 01:42 PM
That's obvious. The answers are to earn some money and try to look my best. There I've answered your questions how about answering mine now.

Good answers.

O'Neill saying that Hibs had not approached him about the manager's job is an accurate statement.

Had he have said that Hibs had not approached his agent about the manager's job, that would have been an innaccurate statement.