PDA

View Full Version : Interference from RP - A hypothetical question

Hibbyradge
17-11-2011, 06:14 PM
If Billy Brown was appointed as manager and then tried to bring in Jim Jeferries as his number 2, should Rod Petrie interfere to stop it happening?

R'Albin
17-11-2011, 06:17 PM
If Billy Brown was appointed as manager and then tried to bring in Jim Jeferries as his number 2, should Rod Petrie interfere to stop it happening?

Yes!

Cropley10
17-11-2011, 06:36 PM
But he'd be part of any recruitment process, or at least the Board would be, so how would it be interfering. No manager is going to be given free reign to just appoint who he wants, no?

Saorsa
17-11-2011, 06:39 PM
If Billy Brown was appointed as manager and then tried to bring in Jim Jeferries as his number 2, should Rod Petrie interfere to stop it happening?Who appointed Derek Adams? Was it Calderwood?

Hibbyradge
17-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Who appointed Derek Adams? Was it Calderwood?

I'm assuming CC and RP were involved in the recruitment process, but RP gets criticised for interfering.

Saorsa
17-11-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm assuming CC and RP were involved in the recruitment process, but RP gets criticised for interfering.Why would Calderwood have picked Adams when he didnae ken him fae Adam? I think Adams was interfered in tae the job by Petrie so he can just as easily intefere tae keep the fat yam twat out the job. There's is absolutely nae doubt in my mind that Petrie would put a stop tae it if he so wished.

Phil D. Rolls
17-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Why would Calderwood have picked Adams when he didnae ken him fae Adam? I think Adams was interfered in by Petrie so he can just as easily intefere tae keep the fat yam twat out. There's is absolutely nae doubt in my mind that Petrie would put a stop tae it if he so wished.

Is this right? :confused:

Sammy7nil
17-11-2011, 07:33 PM

Yes he should :agree::agree::agree:

The Falcon
17-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Why would Calderwood have picked Adams when he didnae ken him fae Adam? I think Adams was interfered in tae the job by Petrie so he can just as easily intefere tae keep the fat yam twat out the job. There's is absolutely nae doubt in my mind that Petrie would put a stop tae it if he so wished.

Yet there was quite a swathe of opinion on here that wanted Adams for the managers job. CC said he didnt know DA but felt that he was well qualified for the post, an opinion shared by many Hibs supporters.

Assuming that DA was not kidnapped and held against his will one would think he put himself forward for the job. That it didnt work out is unfortunate for all concerned.

Eyrie
17-11-2011, 09:21 PM
I wonder what would have happened if Adams had still been the assistant when the approaches were made for Calderwood. Any chance Petrie would have recognised reality sooner, accepted that Calderwood was crap, realised there was a ready made improvement already on the staff and then waved goodbye to Calderwood as Adams took over?

Beefster
17-11-2011, 09:23 PM
But he'd be part of any recruitment process, or at least the Board would be, so how would it be interfering. No manager is going to be given free reign to just appoint who he wants, no?

A manager stands or falls on his decisions and the competency of his coaching staff so he should have free reign to recruit that team however he sees fit, within a budget.

How can a manager be blamed for failing if his coaching team is foisted upon him?