View Full Version : Brown on Managing Team

Billy
17-11-2011, 05:14 PM
The latest interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uhZKTHu1bE&feature=channel_video_title

bingo70
17-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Another good interview.

At this rate i'm going to be dissappointed if we don't appoint him, O'neill and Fenlon. I think the three of them sound like terrific candidates and i don't have a clue who i'd want to pick.

Don't envy the board making the decision at all.

At The Edge
17-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Pedant alert!
Hibs telly interviewer guy, get your facts right, 6 players were away on under 21 duty,:wink:

thebausburst
17-11-2011, 06:00 PM
How boring is the guy that does these interviews! no-one is expecting a journo style grilling but what about asking something with a bit of substance "can we expect big changes in the team" etc. That interview told me virtually nothing.

Eyrie
17-11-2011, 08:16 PM
It's a pure PR piece, so why expect anything more?

--------
18-11-2011, 03:35 PM
How boring is the guy that does these interviews! no-one is expecting a journo style grilling but what about asking something with a bit of substance "can we expect big changes in the team" etc. That interview told me virtually nothing.

He's not Jeremy Paxman. He's there to lead the interview and allow Brown to say what he wants to say (needs to say) to us, the fans.

BB's in a difficult position, IMO. He can't criticise Calderwood (he was Calderwood's assistant coach); he doesn't know whether he'll still be working at ER next month (the new guy, if BB himself doesn't get the job, may not want him) and he has a team playing very poorly coming up against a decent team with something to prove after a hiding last week...

Personally, I'd rather the guy in charge of the team didn't announce that there are going to be big changes (or little ones) in the team a few days before the game in question.

This is an in-house video of an in-house interview. Soothing background noise. The work goes on elsewhere.

I agree with bingo70 - a good interview.