PDA

View Full Version : If...

KeithTheHibby
17-11-2011, 09:02 AM
We wanted Jimmy Calderwood he would have been appointed by now as he is out of work.

Same applies to Jim Jeffries. Or for that matter anyone else who is currently unemployed.

If we were deadly serious about MoN or Pat Fenlon I would have expected them to be in the hotseat by now. How long does it take to negotiate with a part-time Irish club(s)?

FWIW I reckon the board are going to pull a Mowbrayesque type appointment early next week.

Perhaps my rationale is pretty black and white however I really don't see what the delay would have been in appointing any of the 4 I have mentioned.

Persevere80
17-11-2011, 09:23 AM
We wanted Jimmy Calderwood he would have been appointed by now as he is out of work.

Same applies to Jim Jeffries. Or for that matter anyone else who is currently unemployed.

If we were deadly serious about MoN or Pat Fenlon I would have expected them to be in the hotseat by now. How long does it take to negotiate with a part-time Irish club(s)?

FWIW I reckon the board are going to pull a Mowbrayesque type appointment early next week.

Perhaps my rationale is pretty black and white however I really don't see what the delay would have been in appointing any of the 4 I have mentioned.

I think the board would have a few in mind that they would have to go through an interview process first. Even if any of the 4 you have mentioned were top of the list, best to cover all bets first before jummping in to soon with this appointment, but i was pleased to hear on the news last night that Hibs are hoping to announce the manger by the end of the week.

Jack
17-11-2011, 09:29 AM
At the moment it looks to me that the club have a number of irons in the fire and no main target.

Musselbound
17-11-2011, 10:11 AM
I think the board would have a few in mind that they would have to go through an interview process first. Even if any of the 4 you have mentioned were top of the list, best to cover all bets first before jummping in to soon with this appointment, but i was pleased to hear on the news last night that Hibs are hoping to announce the manger by the end of the week.

Won't be this week anyway. Definitely no announcement before the Killie game.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111117/manager-update_2262950_2518371

As usual it's a process and it will take time as you say. Normally at least two weeks if my memory serves me well. I would hope to hear something sometime next week. It's not just a case of Hibs going and getting who they want. I don't think they work like that. I would say Fenlon and O'Neill are very much in the running. There is a good chance it will be one of them but the board may still have a few other candidates in mind.

Andy74
17-11-2011, 10:14 AM

I don't think so. They have a shortlist and it may include in work and out of work people and they wouldn't jump in with any before they had an interview process. It takes a bit of time to get permission and to talk to the individuals before formally going through the interviews.

It's also a tricky one to pull off. You will surely have someone spot managers or directrs on planes?!

smurf
17-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Out of job guys will I've no doubt be in the mix. Reading between the lines of the boards update (which is appreciated) on the official site I think that they've now decided on a shortlist.

erin go bragh
17-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Been told hibs wanted Ray Wilkins [who was put forward by Pat Nevin] but as his mother is not keeping too well , Wilkins turned us down as he wants to stay down south near his mother .

ggtth

Argylehibby
17-11-2011, 11:09 AM

I like to think that contrary to what some on here believe the board actualy do their homework when appointing a new manager. Regardless of the current job status of any applicant Hibs will look at them all, weigh up their strengths and weaknesses, get the better options in for interview and then call in references and contacts alike to decide who their man will be. If after all that the man they want is out of employment then the appointment would be quick however if he is not then it will take a bit longer.

Persevere80
17-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Won't be this week anyway. Definitely no announcement before the Killie game.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111117/manager-update_2262950_2518371

As usual it's a process and it will take time as you say. Normally at least two weeks if my memory serves me well. I would hope to hear something sometime next week. It's not just a case of Hibs going and getting who they want. I don't think they work like that. I would say Fenlon and O'Neill are very much in the running. There is a good chance it will be one of them but the board may still have a few other candidates in mind.

:aok: Cheers for the link, and as Smurf says it is appreciated that the club have kept us up to date.

Sas_The_Hibby
17-11-2011, 08:29 PM

:confused:

I'd hope Hibs would treat them with the same respect as any other football club (apart from the obvious Scottish trio! :greengrin) and take as long to negotiate as was required, regardless of whether they're Irish, part-time or both. FWIW both clubs appear to have been a lot more successful than us recently.

Hibby cal
18-11-2011, 12:05 AM
Going by the clubs statement ( no announcement until after the killie game)
I feel they are close to a decision of who they want. So I'll just sit tight and
wait for an announcement early next week, when a new chapter in the hibs story
Will begin. Ggtth