PDA

View Full Version : Will Petrie go the extra mile ?

Hibby cal
17-11-2011, 02:49 AM
When he gets his new manager, surley the dear leader
Will have to go the extra mile in backing him this time, in
Fear of his own job. No need to throw the club into huge
Debt but just a little bit more this time would make a big
Difference . It must be his last chance ( no pressure then)
To get this appointment right or it's got to be ta ta rod.
Your thoughts please

greenlex
17-11-2011, 06:25 AM
He has backed every manager he has appointed up until the point it was plain it wasnt working and in the last case the argument could be past that point.In case you missed it we made a £900k loss last year. Is that a litte debt or a bit bigger?No pressure is correct.

Lucius Apuleius
17-11-2011, 06:28 AM
Your thoughts please

How much is a little more?

500miles
17-11-2011, 06:37 AM
The ignorance of reality is mind boggling, it really is. Who's perpetuating this myth about us underspending on players? It's almost as historical as McBride's pish.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-11-2011, 06:38 AM
Your thoughts please

Deja vu? I think you'll find the same applied with CCs apt and he backed him.
Dunno if there is much more that can be said?

DC_Hibs
17-11-2011, 07:18 AM
Mein Gott.

More backing than the 14 players for Calderwood and about 20 for John Hughes?
A succession of duff managers are failing to deliver on the 4th biggest budget in an absolutely dreadful SPL meaning we are now competing with St Mirren and ICT....

ScottB
17-11-2011, 08:16 AM
Amazing how if nonsense is repeated enough it becomes gospel.

The Falcon
17-11-2011, 08:21 AM
Your thoughts please

:rolleyes:

Elephant Stone
17-11-2011, 08:26 AM
Take a look around and see what's happening to others who spent what they didn't have. We lost 900k last year, spending more than last year with little possibility of getting a decent transfer fee for anyone would be madness.

lucky
17-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Your thoughts please

Have look down gorgie. They pushed the boat out and its sinking. The good ship Hibernian just needs a good master at the controls and we will steer through these troubled waters without flouting with Davy Jones's locker

blackpoolhibs
17-11-2011, 08:43 AM
How about we just get a manager who can manage on the 4th biggest budget, and get us roughly punching our weight.

Spike Mandela
17-11-2011, 08:51 AM
I think it is more likely any new man will be told he has to sell players before he can buy. This could be a stumbling block for some of the rumoured candidates imo.

Beefster
17-11-2011, 09:13 AM
I think a more pertinent question is 'will they pick a manager who is pig-headed enough to insist on the footballing dept. being structured and run his way' (i.e. his own staff, his own scouting system etc etc)? I think that's likely to be a 'no'.

jonty
17-11-2011, 09:30 AM
How about we just get a manager who can manage on the 4th biggest budget, and get us roughly punching our weight.
:agree:
It's a balancing act giving them long enough to make an impact, but not too long that it's a pointless excercise and we end up potentially worse off.

Which manager is next for the poison chalice.......

Andy74
17-11-2011, 09:40 AM

Spot on. I'm fed up hearing how a little it more spent on players will make a difference.

How much more than others do we need to spend to keep up with them?

Hibbyradge
17-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Your thoughts please

Was CC not backed?

What does the "extra mile" look like?

Beefster
17-11-2011, 09:52 AM
What does the "extra mile" look like?

A bit blurry it would seem.

http://kingsenglish.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/extra_mile.jpg

CRAZYHIBBY
17-11-2011, 09:59 AM
are Hibs not 6 million in debt already? Surely that debt will be growing everyday. That last thing we need to do is throw money around

jdships
17-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Your thoughts please

If you care to take a little time and check the FACTS re RP backing managers you might like to alter your statement :greengrin
Yes RP has made mistakes - there is yet to be a person boen who hasn't made a mistake - but overall he has moved this club on over his years as Chairman.
Credit where credit is due but criticism where it is due

:flag:

blackpoolhibs
17-11-2011, 11:02 AM
are Hibs not 6 million in debt already? Surely that debt will be growing everyday. That last thing we need to do is throw money around

A lot of that debt is mortgage, lots of us have them. That does not stop us buying cars and holidays if we can afford them?

I agree we cant throw money about we dont have, but lets get a guy in who can manage what we do have to spend, a darn site better than the previous incumbents have. And lets get someone in who can manage those players better, and into a team that at least punches its weight more regularly.

silverhibee
17-11-2011, 11:54 AM
I think it is more likely any new man will be told he has to sell players before he can buy. This could be a stumbling block for some of the rumoured candidates imo.

The only problem with that is Hibs dont have any players that they could sell and get money for them. :greengrin

patlowe
17-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Your thoughts please

Do you think the Hibs board has been hoarding cash or something? We are already slipping back into a dangerous position financially so the next manager is likely to have less rather than more.

The last few managers were backed. They blew it.

greenlex
17-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Its a mend and make do till the summer I reckon. The new man will be able to bring in his own guys then when there us a few out of contract. He can renegotiate deals on any he wants to keep.Actually when I think about it if its MON or PF they might be a le to bring any out of contract Irish lads with them as their season is over.

blackpoolhibs
17-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Its a mend and make do till the summer I reckon. The new man will ve able to bfi g in his own guys then when there us a few out of contract. He can renegotiate deals on any he wants to keep.

That was supposed to be the case last summer. I have no faith those in charge at easter road will get it right this time.

This is the main reason there is this apathy among a lot of the support imo, we have been here far too many times.

It will be harder to get those fans back who have lapsed, because we have heard the bull too many times in the past.

basehibby
18-11-2011, 12:45 AM
Your thoughts please

More like protecting his investment than his job no??? IIRC Rod owns about 10% of Hibs and after well over 10 years at the sharp end of Hibernian FC the business I find it very hard to believe that he's not just as much a "fan" of the club as anybody else to boot.

My advice to him would be to make damn well sure he gets the right man in for the job this time, even if it means stretching the budget somewhat. The main thing though is to get someone in who is worthy of entrusting with the whole footballing infrastructure of Hibs from top to bottom with the commitment to see the job through - and BACK HIM.

basehibby
18-11-2011, 12:55 AM
How much is a little more?

Enough to get the assistant of their choice in from the start perhaps? That would be a start. More expense yes, but a sign of aiming for the same level of excellence as has been achieved with the infrastructure - on the football field.

RIP
18-11-2011, 12:09 PM
When he gets his new manager, surley the dear leader will have to go the extra mile in backing him this time, in fear of his own job. No need to throw the club into huge debt but just a little bit more this time would make a big difference . It must be his last chance ( no pressure then) to get this appointment right or it's got to be ta ta rod. Your thoughts please

I don't know about Clueless Colin but what about Clueless Cal?

Petrie doesn't have a job at the club any more - he's now effectively a non-executive chairman
He is no longer on the club payroll
Hyland and Lyndsay run the club
They are the directors handling the recruitment this time around
All previous managers have been backed

Have you been living in a cave the last few years? :confused: