PDA

View Full Version : Rivals4Charity 2012 - Hearts Fans v Hibs Fans

Moncs
16-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Hi Everyone,

Delighted to announce that the 2012 Rivals4Charity match has been arranged for spring next year. (full details to be announced next week.

The trials for the Hibs team start in December, if you’re interested in coming along please visit the official website and complete the form.
www.rivals4charity.co.uk

After 5 very successful years were we have raised more than £50,000 for local charities, the beneficiaries for the 2012 match will be split between both clubs official charities.
Big Hearts Community Trust
Hibernian Community Foundation

The 2012 match will again be sponsored by IME Ltd (www.ime.co.uk)

Moncs
18-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Still plenty time to apply guys

Future17
18-11-2011, 01:12 PM

At the risk of exposing my ignorance - where is the game being played?

Future17
18-11-2011, 01:13 PM

Andy74
18-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Spring next year? Optimistic! :greengrin

Beedub28
18-11-2011, 01:41 PM

Easter Road this time around

Future17
18-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Easter Road this time around

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Spring next year? Optimistic! :greengrin

:greengrin

The Hearts fans team might be actually be representing them in the Third Division by that time.

squire
18-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Who's taking the Hibs team this year?

Skanko79
18-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Who's taking the Hibs team this year?

A chap called Dean Philp, he manages the spartans sunday team as well. Pretty sure he was in charge of the Hibs team at tynie this year.

PaulSmith
18-11-2011, 05:36 PM
A chap called Dean Philp, he manages the spartans sunday team as well. Pretty sure he was in charge of the Hibs team at tynie this year.

Surely sacked after a 8-1 defeat

Skanko79
18-11-2011, 05:44 PM

Ha! was that the score this year? I'm not 100% certain he was in charge for this years but think he was, he is defo in charge for next years as he asked me to go to the trials.

sambajustice
18-11-2011, 05:52 PM
He's a Jambo...

Skanko79
18-11-2011, 06:03 PM
He's a Jambo...

Hence this years 8-1 defeat........

sambajustice
18-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Hence this years 8-1 defeat........

I think this year the manager was called bobby or something! I think dean played at centre half, infact its possible he was the one who did the cruyff turn on the edge of his own box to give away the first goal!! I know there were 3 or 4 lads in the hibs team who were jambos!

Skanko79
18-11-2011, 09:23 PM
I think this year the manager was called bobby or something! I think dean played at centre half, infact its possible he was the one who did the cruyff turn on the edge of his own box to give away the first goal!! I know there were 3 or 4 lads in the hibs team who were jambos!

does sound like him right enough. im sure the last time i spoke to him he was saying this is the first time they will have it at easter road, always been at tynie.

Mark79
18-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Went to school with dean. Definately a hearts fan and gave away first goal last year after a slip from what I remember.

Future17
18-11-2011, 10:05 PM
does sound like him right enough. im sure the last time i spoke to him he was saying this is the first time they will have it at easter road, always been at tynie.

It's been at ER before - 2007 if memory serves. Chris Jackson took the team and Hibs won - think it was 3-1.

:flag:

Moncs
20-11-2011, 06:53 PM
I think all the questions have been answered so far :greengrin:greengrin

However, just to clarify... Yep, the game will be at Easter Rd in 2012, it was indeed held their in 2007 in which the Hibs guys won 3.1.
Dean Philip is taking the Hibs team this year, and yes he did play for the Hibs team in the 2011 game and made a mistake which led to the first goal (I'm sure Dean will be dlighted with me bringing that up lol). The manager in 2011 was Bobby Collins.

Currently, Hibs lead 3-2 in games
2006 - Hearts 3.2 Hibs (Tynecastle)
2007 - Hibs 3.1 Hearts (Easter Rd)
2008 - Hearts 3.4 Hibs (Tynecastle)
2009 - Hearts 1.1 Hibs (Hibs win 9.8 on pen) (Tynecastle)
2011 - Hearts 8.1 Hibs (Tynecastle)

So far I have had over 40 people apply for the Hibs trials which start in a few weeks, so come on guys spread the word and get your name down.

Hibs and Hearts will be making an annoucement on thier websites later on this week

Billy Whizz
20-11-2011, 06:58 PM
I think all the questions have been answered so far :greengrin:greengrin

However, just to clarify... Yep, the game will be at Easter Rd in 2012, it was indeed held their in 2007 in which the Hibs guys won 3.1.
Dean Philip is taking the Hibs team this year, and yes he did play for the Hibs team in the 2011 game and made a mistake which led to the first goal (I'm sure Dean will be dlighted with me bringing that up lol). The manager in 2011 was Bobby Collins.

Currently, Hibs lead 3-2 in games
2006 - Hearts 3.2 Hibs (Tynecastle)
2007 - Hibs 3.1 Hearts (Easter Rd)
2008 - Hearts 3.4 Hibs (Tynecastle)
2009 - Hearts 1.1 Hibs (Hibs win 9.8 on pen) (Tynecastle)
2011 - Hearts 8.1 Hibs (Tynecastle)

So far I have had over 40 people apply for the Hibs trials which start in a few weeks, so come on guys spread the word and get your name down.

Hibs and Hearts will be making an annoucement on thier websites later on this week

Monc, how are you going to police the trials to make sure there are no ringers in each team?

Moncs
20-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Monc, how are you going to police the trials to make sure there are no ringers in each team?

Any suggestions are welcome mate, however I just don't understand people who support Hearts and play for Hibs in the match (and vice versa), how can you prove your a Hearts fan or Hibs fan? Its all done to trust

Billy Whizz
20-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Any suggestions are welcome mate, however I just don't understand people who support Hearts and play for Hibs in the match (and vice versa), how can you prove your a Hearts fan or Hibs fan? Its all done to trust

What I meant was that both team are full of fans, not semi pro's.
Good luck with this next year's event. I have fond memories of 2006 apart from the result.
Oh to be 10 years younger

Any Hibs fan who fancies this get along, as it's a great experience

Green Man
20-11-2011, 07:25 PM
As if it wasn't bad enough having Hearts fans playing for Hibs, now we've got one managing us? Makes a mockery of the whole event. There must be loads of Hibs fans who would give their right arm to play in the green and white, and to give places to Hearts fans (as happened last time) is ridiculous.

Moncs
20-11-2011, 07:33 PM
As if it wasn't bad enough having Hearts fans playing for Hibs, now we've got one managing us? Makes a mockery of the whole event. There must be loads of Hibs fans who would give their right arm to play in the green and white, and to give places to Hearts fans (as happened last time) is ridiculous.

Just to clear this up, Dean although has Hearts connections in the past, he is NOT a Hearts fan. Dean as with Alan who coaches the Hearts team give up a lot of their time to train the teams and do it not only to have it on thier CV but more importantly to help raise £££££££ for local charities which I think has to be remembered that this is what the whole event is about.

Judas Iscariot
20-11-2011, 10:16 PM

Exactly..

No wonder the Hibs team is having to pull in ringer jambos to play 'cos every year they seem to hack of more & more genuine Hibs fans..

I'd not advise any proper Hibby to waste their time with this :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
21-11-2011, 01:03 AM

simple, check everyones finger and toe digits, yamboids have 6 of each :Awright!:

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-11-2011, 06:48 AM

Have they made a DVD of it?..

:rolleyes:

Moncs
21-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Exactly..

No wonder the Hibs team is having to pull in ringer jambos to play 'cos every year they seem to hack of more & more genuine Hibs fans..

Examples please?? I am always open to suggestions on how to make the event better, so if you have any then get in touch.

Speak to any of the people who have been involved in the games over the years and each one of them will the its a great event to be involved in and one of the best days of their lives if they have won the game.

I am first to admit there is a few things which need to be changed, however giving the fact that it's all done in my spare time and like most people I have a full time job and a family, I don't have much of that.

Twa Cairpets
21-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Exactly..

Away and dinny slaver.

I dont know about last year, but my son played in the 9-8 penalty win and the whole experience was fantastic for everyone involved.

The Modfather
21-11-2011, 03:26 PM
What's the standard like? I play in various games of 11s. I'm no Sauzee, but wouldn't say I'm a an Amadou Konte either.

Malthibby
21-11-2011, 03:32 PM
This is for charity so let's not get negative. Deserves support
although unless they are short of goalposts i can't offer physical
assistance.
As in being one; I don't have any spare ones.
GG

Twa Cairpets
21-11-2011, 03:54 PM
What's the standard like? I play in various games of 11s. I'm no Sauzee, but wouldn't say I'm a an Amadou Konte either.

The standard is decent I'd say - didnt see it last year but the one before was pretty good. I'd certainyl recommend going along and having a go - if nothing else its an opportunity to have a go - when else you going to get the chance to pay at ER?

sambajustice
21-11-2011, 06:19 PM
The standard is decent I'd say - didnt see it last year but the one before was pretty good. I'd certainyl recommend going along and having a go - if nothing else its an opportunity to have a go - when else you going to get the chance to pay at ER?

Last year was farcical. The Hibs team had 3 maybe 4 good solid players and the rest were sunday players, the hearts team however had a good solid squad almost entirely of players that play at a decent level on a saturday, it was a bit of a disaster to watch.

you can only pish with the cock you're given. If decent Hearts fans turn up for a game for the Hearts team and gash hibs fans turn up for the hibs team then there's nothing you can do about it. Thats what happened last year unfortunately!

Allant1981
21-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Last year was farcical. The Hibs team had 3 maybe 4 good solid players and the rest were sunday players, the hearts team however had a good solid squad almost entirely of players that play at a decent level on a saturday, it was a bit of a disaster to watch.

you can only pish with the cock you're given. If decent Hearts fans turn up for a game for the Hearts team and gash hibs fans turn up for the hibs team then there's nothing you can do about it. Thats what happened last year unfortunately!

nowt wrong with sunday league, our league is pretty strong and some cracking players

Allant1981
21-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Exactly..

take it you didnt get picked:dummytit:

Pretty Boy
21-11-2011, 07:35 PM

The Hearts manager last year was a bit more 'streetwise' last year. Each team was allowed 2 player who were currently playing junior/senior or had done in the last 2 ( i think) seasons. Both teams had this quota but the Hearts gaffer had another one very good player who had played for Edinburgh United the year before but been signed on an amateur form, clever, maybe a bit against the spirit but not cheating as such. He also utilised the no more than a certain number of players from any one club rule by making sure he had a goalkeeper and 2 centre backs who all played together every week.

There are a million reasons why Hibs lost last year and the fact a couple of Hearts fans were brought into the Hibs set up at a late stage was one of them. The Hearts set up was just far better organised and set up. At the end of the day though the real winner is charity and people should remember that. I'd urge anyone who fancies it to give it a go.

Oh and whilst Dean will claim to be a Man Utd fan he most definitely still has a big soft spot for Hearts, not that i believe he won't be doing.his.utmost to win and he has his Spartans sides very well organised.

easty
21-11-2011, 07:57 PM
nowt wrong with sunday league, our league is pretty strong and some cracking players

Most Sunday teams are murder. You do get some good sides but they are few and far between. There are a hell of a lot of Sunday players who are laughably bad.

I didnt see the whole game last year, saw the highlights though. I was pretty surprised how easily the Hibs defence was taken apart to be honest. I don't know the lads who played at the back for the Hibs side but I do know a couple of the guys who played up top for Hearts, I've played with Yuilly and Southy, and I've played against Southy as well. They're both good players, but if the Hibs defence was being taken apart that badly then I really dont know how they ever got picked!

Moncs
21-11-2011, 08:04 PM
The Hearts manager last year was a bit more 'streetwise' last year. Each team was allowed 2 player who were currently playing junior/senior or had done in the last 2 ( i think) seasons. Both teams had this quota but the Hearts gaffer had another one very good player who had played for Edinburgh United the year before but been signed on an amateur form, clever, maybe a bit against the spirit but not cheating as such. He also utilised the no more than a certain number of players from any one club rule by making sure he had a goalkeeper and 2 centre backs who all played together every week.

There are a million reasons why Hibs lost last year and the fact a couple of Hearts fans were brought into the Hibs set up at a late stage was one of them. The Hearts set up was just far better organised and set up. At the end of the day though the real winner is charity and people should remember that. I'd urge anyone who fancies it to give it a go.

Oh and whilst Dean will claim to be a Man Utd fan he most definitely still has a big soft spot for Hearts, not that i believe he won't be doing.his.utmost to win and he has his Spartans sides very well organised.

Just to clarify, there is no, nor ever has been a rule which limits how many players you choose from any one club

Moncs
24-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Should be something on the Hibs website in the next day or so about the game and trials.

In the meantime, if any of you use Facebook, can I PLEASE ask you to like the official Rivals4Charity page at
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Rivals4Charity/103952663030135

Moncs
27-11-2011, 08:20 PM
So who is all coming along to the first training session on Friday?

Moncs
28-11-2011, 08:56 PM
On the official Hibs site

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111128/rivals-charity-game-scheduled_2262950_2530699

Moncs
29-11-2011, 10:06 PM
and now on the Hearts website
http://www.heartsfc....241​384_2531481

Still time to apply guys, trials start on Friday

Moncs
05-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Good turnout for the first trials on Friday night, hopefully see you all again (and more) this coming Friday

Still not to late to apply