PDA

View Full Version : A banner for Saturday against Mc Bride. Thoughts.

mickki40
16-11-2011, 05:30 AM
section 43 guys who recently made the banner, are seriously considering Going into the art room again on Saturday Morning and making a big banner condemning Mc Bride Q.C. Words to the effect " we're not sectarian Mc Bride" I reckon we can get a banner looking good in 3 hours from start to finish. We have a paypal account already for 12th man. This is just a feeler to see if we would have any potential donators out there? we could make about 30foot banner for about £100. including hire of the building. I am sick to death of idiots like Mc Bride slurring Hibs, with no voice from Hibs fans retaliating from the terraces. Lets for once change it. GGTTH. Feedback please. If we go ahead any surplus cash to be used for further display flage. Thanks guys and girls. If we get enough people interested then we will post the paypal account.

Nailrod
16-11-2011, 05:44 AM
If you're going to go to the trouble of producing a banner, it should probably say something a bit more forthright than "We're not sectarian."

How about

Stick your 'OOH AH' up your 'RArse', McBride

Should get a bit of media coverage... :hmmm:

dalkeith stu
16-11-2011, 05:52 AM
If you're going to go to the trouble of producing a banner, it should probably say something a bit more forthright than "We're not sectarian."

How about

:not worth:top marks

Hibee_Dave
16-11-2011, 07:40 AM
How about something more like

"Football not faith" or "hibs not hooligans" or "Hibernian fc: FOOTBALL is our religion" or "this is Leith, not Glasgow" or "ooh ahh up the HIBS" or "Hibernian not hatred"

I'm running on empty here!

We shouldn't even mention McBride on the banner though, he'd lap it up. Celebrate the club only!

GGTTH

Barney McGrew
16-11-2011, 07:40 AM
If you're going to do it, leave his name off it.

He's the type of media parasite that loves the oxygen of publicity. Make the statement without mentioning him.

1two
16-11-2011, 07:45 AM

"Football not faith" or "hibs not hooligans" or "Hibernian fc: FOOTBALL is our religion" or "this is Leith, not Glasgow" or "ooh ahh up the HIBS" or "Hibernian not hatred"

We shouldn't even mention McBride on the banner though, he'd lap it up. Celebrate the club only!

GGTTH

Ooh ah up the hibs

Like it!

Viva_Palmeiras
16-11-2011, 07:49 AM
We're not sectarian

Simple to the point.
Some of the others could be twisted.
I agree No mention of mcbride

duffers
16-11-2011, 07:53 AM
We're not sectarian

Simple to the point.
Some of the others could be twisted.
I agree No mention of mcbride

That's personally what I'd go with

Viva_Palmeiras
16-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Thoughts for another day ...

Hibs - looking forward since 1875
Hibs: older but not stuck in the past
Hibs forward thinking - Celtic just backward

WellingtonHibby
16-11-2011, 08:07 AM
how about "No Surrender!" that should bollox his claims...

Elephant Stone
Don't like "we're not sectarian". We know we're not, everyone knows we're not. "Paul McBride, you're a liar" is more suitable, people seem to think this guy is a credible source of opinion.

pentlando
We support football, not sectarianism.

dangermouse
16-11-2011, 08:28 AM

GGTTH

Works for me

green leaves
16-11-2011, 08:35 AM
I great big letters

PAUL MCBRIDE LIAR

Simples

Nailrod
16-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Our club has been slandered by a self-publicising hypocritical ****bucket. We're constantly being fed the myth that sectarianism is "Scotland's shame". It's not. It's restricted to a small part of the country, and essentially focused on the supporters of two clubs. It's nothing to do with us, our club, our team, or our supporters. I have no desire to be part of it, and I have certainly no desire to be co-opted into it by McBride's lies.

The club's response has been weak and feeble. We deserve better than that. They should have demanded an apology and a retraction both from McBride, and from the media who allowed him to make the claim. That's not going to happen.

It seems to me that if there is any point in making a gesture, that it should be a public statement that will attract the same level of attention as the original insult. If it's a public statement, then it has to attract the attention of the public. With the best will in the world, "We're not sectarian" is about as newsworthy as "We're not librarians".

Either we should hit back hard, or we would be better maintaining a dignified silence.

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Sectarianism, not in the home sections of easter road.

1two
16-11-2011, 08:56 AM
I great big letters

PAUL MCBRIDE LIAR

Simples

Yes!

straight to the point!

'PAUL MCBRIDE QC - LIAR'

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-11-2011, 08:56 AM
To make it authentic, it must have spelling mistakes.

huggie1875
16-11-2011, 08:58 AM
Works for me

And me:aok:

TrickyNicky
16-11-2011, 09:03 AM
Paul McBribe - wnaker !

Paisley Hibby
16-11-2011, 09:04 AM

How about

I think this is the best slogan by miles - but would drop McBride from it. Would be a great one for the next time Celtc come to ER!!

nonshinyfinish
16-11-2011, 09:10 AM
PAUL MCBRIDE LIAR

:agree: This one.

Bostonhibby
16-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Works for me

:thumbsup: And me, great idea, that or looking forward, not backwards.

hibsbollah
16-11-2011, 09:16 AM
I great big lettersPAUL MCBRIDE LIARSimples Thats the one :aok:

Spike Mandela
16-11-2011, 09:22 AM
I actually heard the show coming back from work in the car and I was outraged by the comments he made. How many people do you think heard it,? The show probably doesn't have that many listeners so I would suspect not many.

Now thanks to .net, Hibs statement, newspaper coverage, tv and radio talking about it Hibs name is being constantly linked with the IRA even in terms of denial. This seeps in to the public conciousness.

Now you are talking about banners!

We need to let this one go and get back to being the non sectarian, non racist, non sexist club that we are and ignore these west coast creeps like McBride.

Nailrod
16-11-2011, 09:38 AM
I think this is the best slogan by miles - but would drop McBride from it. Would be a great one for the next time Celtc come to ER!!

It has the merit that you can sing it as well:

You can stick your f****** ooh ah up your @rse
You can stick your f****** ooh ah up your @rse
You can stick your f****** ooh ah
Stick your f****** ooh ah
Stick your f****** ooh ah up your @rse

Now I'm away to worship the Egyptian Sun God :wink:

Cabbage East
16-11-2011, 09:43 AM
We've already released an official statement rubbishing this clown's claims. We don't need to give this guy any more publicity by knocking up a banner and making ourselves look stupid.

Beefster
16-11-2011, 09:43 AM
I actually heard the show coming back from work in the car and I was outraged by the comments he made. How many people do you think heard it,? The show probably doesn't have that many listeners so I would suspect not many.

Now thanks to .net, Hibs statement, newspaper coverage, tv and radio talking about it Hibs name is being constantly linked with the IRA even in terms of denial. This seeps in to the public conciousness.

Now you are talking about banners!

We need to let this one go and get back to being the non sectarian, non racist, non sexist club that we are and ignore these west coast creeps like McBride.

No offence but that's the sort of 'stick your head in the sand' attitude that we mock Celtic, Rangers and Hearts fans for. If someone had said that Hibs fans were, in the main, racist would you still think that we shouldn't refute it?

Hibbyradge
16-11-2011, 10:00 AM
Against sectarianism

Geo_1875
16-11-2011, 10:00 AM
A great big "WE BACK THE BILL" would do for me.

SoL
16-11-2011, 10:05 AM
No offence but that's the sort of 'stick your head in the sand' attitude that we mock Celtic, Rangers and Hearts fans for. If someone had said that Hibs fans were, in the main, racist would you still think that we shouldn't refute it?

Beefster I disagree, these are the actions of a man who is using the "everyone else does it-so why are we getting pulled up for it " argument. His fundamental error is that the example he has given, Hibs, is a bad one and his accusations have no foundation whatsoever. We all know that we are not a sectarian club and that we do not sing the songs he has accused us of, he has only picked on us because of the ramifications of choosing another club (not far away from his own).

It seems to me that these are the actions of a silly man, using a silly argument to deflect the attention away from his own organisation, therefore IMHO he should be ignored.

I though lawyers were supposed to be smart.

Beefster
16-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Beefster I disagree, these are the actions of a man who is using the "everyone else does it-so why are we getting pulled up for it " argument. His fundamental error is that the example he has given, Hibs, is a bad one and his accusations have no foundation whatsoever. We all know that we are not a sectarian club and that we do not sing the songs he has accused us of, he has only picked on us because of the ramifications of choosing another club (not far away from his own).

It seems to me that these are the actions of a silly man, using a silly argument to deflect the attention away from his own organisation, therefore IMHO he should be ignored.

I though lawyers were supposed to be smart.

McBride's comments were reported in the national press AFAIK. If they aren't refuted, it will leave some readers with the belief that we do chant pro-IRA stuff.

Spike Mandela
16-11-2011, 10:30 AM

The club has refuted it. We are now perpetuating the story if we keep going on about it. Time to rise above it not stick your head in the sand.

seal
16-11-2011, 10:46 AM
The club has refuted it. We are now perpetuating the story if we keep going on about it. Time to rise above it not stick your head in the sand.

This guy McBride LOVES publicity. Why brings banners which highlight him? Club statement is enough.

mickki40
16-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Anyway, back to the original idea. "WHO IS WILLING TO DONATE?" send via paypal to hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk

Personally if I am making the banner I would like Hibernian.f.c. football is our religion. Depending on donations it would also be possible to do a Paul Mc Bride Liar one as well. Myself and another guy are willing to get into the studio on Friday after work and get it done. Let's not lie down folks. GGTTH

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Perhaps a bigger gesture is rather than donate and make a banner, how about a collection for Nil by Mouth and a polite invitation for McBride to match it?

Hibee_Dave
16-11-2011, 10:55 AM
I would like Hibernian FC: football is our religion.

Yasssss! You heard it here first! :greengrin

1two
16-11-2011, 11:33 AM
If you're going I do it we may as well make it worth while

How about

Paul McBride, go **** yourself you lying **** bag

At The Edge
16-11-2011, 11:52 AM
i would have liked
RoboRod......is looking for you
or
Rod Dredd.....Dealing with the liars and Cheats.

:greengrin

Lendo
16-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Yes!

straight to the point!

'PAUL MCBRIDE QC - LIAR'

:top marks

Houchy
16-11-2011, 12:00 PM

How about

:not worth

Non sectarian since 1875

Keith_M
16-11-2011, 12:18 PM
:not worth

Non sectarian since 1875

Ehm, that could be counter-productive. A good lawyer would be able to disprove that. You'd need to make it 1893.

mickki40
16-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Lots of suggestions guys and they are appreciated. Hopefully we will get donators when folks get home from work tonight though, I would love to see a banner, even if it goes to show that we as supporters don't tolerate the Crap than comes out of that guys mouth. He is trying to detract from his own Club. donations please via paypal... hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk

HFC07
16-11-2011, 12:28 PM

"Hibernian fc: FOOTBALL is our religion"

GGTTH

:top marks Yeah go with this simple ant to the point. :thumbsup::thumbsup::flag:

Gatecrasher
16-11-2011, 12:50 PM

:top marks

nonshinyfinish
16-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Donation sent.

Chuck Rhoades
We now have people agreed to meet up and get this made in time for Saturday. Possibility of two banners.

Any donations would really help with materials/paints/rent for hall. Thanks again.

Still can't believe the arrogance of that twat McBride!!

Chuck Rhoades
Donation sent.

Top bloke - much appreciated:thumbsup:

Moulin Yarns
16-11-2011, 12:59 PM
A chant for when the smelly celts come to Easter road

We are Hibernian, we're not sectarian

repeated ad infinitum

mickki40
16-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Thanks to the donators so far. We still need more though. as soon as we reach our target the hall will be booked. The whole process will be photographed and posted on Hibs.net if we are allowed. 2 of us will take Friday off and make sure we get them finished in time for saturday. Thanks again.

Donations can be sent to paypal the address is

hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks once again folks. Lets not be trampled on by this idiot.

Elephant Stone
16-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Have you decided on what it's going to say?

mickki40
16-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Have you decided on what it's going to say?

and maybe a smaller one that says Paul Mcbride Q.C = LIAR

Chuck Rhoades
16-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Donations have favoured towards:

Hibernian: Football Is Out Religion

and

PAUL MCBRIDE - LIAR

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Perhaps to keep on the right side of legal, it should say, Paul McBride QC= Lair.
Two points for the price of one.

kennyh
16-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Donations have favoured towards:

Hibernian: Football Is Out Religion

and

PAUL MCBRIDE - LIAR

Donation sent ~ personally although he started this I dont think he should be named on any banner. "Hibernian: Football Is Out Religion" makes the point clearly withour giving him any more publicity

Joe Baker II
16-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Depends what McBride means exactly but it is a myth that songs that could be referred to as in support of the IRA have never been heard from Hibs fans in recent years, certainly they were clearly audible in 1990s. And I heard 3-4 Hibs fan shout Up the Ra at game against Hearts last season. And have also heard some Hibs fans singing The Famine Song in last 2 years.

Not that I neccesarily have any problem with this, just as one should not only associate the Briitsh Armed forces with Amritsar, Irish famine, the Culloden aftermath etc there is more to the IRA than the worst provisional IRA atrocities.

Also notthing wrong per se with being sectarian - there may be case for a banner referring to sectarian hatred but that is different.

Chuck Rhoades
16-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Donation sent ~ personally although he started this I dont think he should be named on any banner. "Hibernian: Football Is Out Religion" makes the point clearly withour giving him any more publicity

Much obliged!

Joe Baker II
16-11-2011, 03:25 PM
A great big "WE BACK THE BILL" would do for me.

This would be embarassing if anyone takes most of the nonsense posted above seriously! The background to the nonsensical proposed Bill makes it clear that Hibs will be one of the 4 clubs specifically targeted, though as per my above post, on its flawed logic there is some justiifcation for this!

nonshinyfinish
16-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Depends what McBride means exactly but it is a myth that songs that could be referred to as in support of the IRA have never been heard from Hibs fans in recent years, certainly they were clearly audible in 1990s. And I heard 3-4 Hibs fan shout Up the Ra at game against Hearts last season. And have also heard some Hibs fans singing The Famine Song in last 2 years.

I think it was pretty clear from what he said that he was claiming that significant numbers of Hibs fans currently sing IRA songs.

Sir David Gray
16-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Would rather not have one mentioning religion, since IRA chants don't really have anything to do with religion anyway and I'm not too comfortable with one about football being a religion, but that's just me.

Personally would go with one along the lines of;

"Paul McBride-Your lies have been exposed"

Then one directly under it saying;

"We support our team, not terrorists"

Or even if people would rather not mention McBride at all, the last one on its own would get the point across pretty well as I think everyone would know what we meant.

HibeePaj
16-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Would rather not have one mentioning religion, since IRA chants don't really have anything to do with religion anyway and I'm not too comfortable with one about football being a religion, but that's just me.

Personally would go with one along the lines of;

"Paul McBride-Your lies have been exposed"

Then one directly under it saying;

Or even if people would rather not mention McBride at all, the last one on its own would get the point across pretty well as I think everyone would know what we meant.

I agree, this is a banner regarding some *rse claiming that we sing, essentially pro-terrorism songs. Not so much. Religious debate. The remarks this cretin mcbride made are that far off the mark that I think any clued up football fan knows that thus guy obviously talks out of his *rse. For me, any banner which has a dig at mcbride shall suffice.
Can't go on Sat, but will be willing to make a donation when its clear what the banners will be.

Paget

mickki40
16-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Always difficult to state what would go on a banner. The swing has changed to one directly against Paul Mc Bride= Liar and " wer'e not sectarian"

I personally think both of those flags hit the point, and I can do them both. Please donate to make this happen

hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk

any amount is good. It all helps.

Please don't think someone else will do it all.

You all are that someone else.

GGTTH

Joe Baker II
16-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Frankly the prospect of seeing an embarassing banner has put me of going to ER to this Saturday, was going to go along if a new manger in place.

R'Albin
16-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Frankly the prospect of seeing an embarassing banner has put me of going to ER to this Saturday, was going to go along if a new manger in place.

What is so embarrassing about it? :rolleyes:

HibeeMcGinn1
16-11-2011, 06:11 PM
We've already released an official statement rubbishing this clown's claims. We don't need to give this guy any more publicity by knocking up a banner and making ourselves look stupid.

So getting the fans point accros on a public level which will no doubt be covered in the media is stupid? Smashing pal makes perfect sense aye :aok:

pentlando
16-11-2011, 06:13 PM

There's fair weather fans and then there's this. "Am no goin if there's gonnae be a banner or that!" Its clear from this thread that the banner reflects both Hibs supporters views and that of the board, no issue airing our concern a slanderous comment on national radio.

Smartie
16-11-2011, 06:19 PM
How about "Paul McBride is a kiddy fiddler"?

It's an allegation, totally without foundation or evidence, that would undoubtedly cause huge offence. A bit like what he did to us. And with it being purely malicious and solely motivated by tit for tat pettyness, we'd be speaking a language that anyone of an Old Firm persuasion would understand.

He apologises and admits we don't sing IRA songs - we apologise and admit he doesn't interfere with children.

To the best of our knowledge.

lucky
16-11-2011, 06:22 PM

I find find your post embarrassing. You come across as pathetic as McBride

givescotlandfreedom
16-11-2011, 06:27 PM

I'll be there with a beamer for the whole game :embarrass

At The Edge
16-11-2011, 06:47 PM
I'll be there with a beamer for the whole game :embarrass

Don't think you'll be allowed in ER with your car! :wink:

Franck Stanton
16-11-2011, 06:56 PM

Have a word mate, McBride used a public media to slate Hibs Supporters as a whole, so those self-same supporters, [obviously minus you], react via a public announcement , a banner at a football match. It offends you in some way and is stopping you from attending a game. My you are thin skinned aren't you.? We as Hibs supporters have every right to answer the allegations made against us and IMO a banner telling the football world the truth is an acceptable way to do so. After all, we aren't going to be invited onto a radio show to refute the allegations now are we ?

Antifa Hibs
16-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Seeing as McBride is a QC lawyer person thingy, a simple 'McBride - Not Guilty' would do the trick.

Eyrie
16-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Except McBride is guilty of defaming us, so it would need to be "McBride is guilty".

Personally I like "Paul McBride = Liar" and "We're Not Sectarian".

Saorsa
16-11-2011, 08:57 PM

Not that I neccesarily have any problem with this, just as one should not only associate the Briitsh Armed forces with Amritsar, Irish famine, the Culloden aftermath etc there is more to the IRA than the worst provisional IRA atrocities.

Also notthing wrong per se with being sectarian - there may be case for a banner referring to sectarian hatred but that is different.Which part of the ground was this in? I never heard it, for something that was clearly audible you seem tae be the only one (well you and that tool on the radio the other night). Personally I think yer talkin http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies/Talking20Shiz1.gifhttp://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies 2/Talking20Shiz1.gif just like he was.

basehibby
16-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Won't be making a financial donation at this moment but am happy to offer my full support as a Hibee - please DO give this idiot the message not to try tarring us with his sheighty stick in the future - thankyou :thumbsup:

Seveno
16-11-2011, 10:09 PM
The man is a pathetic publicity seeking cretin. Ignoring him is the best option.

Pete
17-11-2011, 03:57 AM

I've heard nothing relating to the IRA. Absolutely nothing. It would be interesting to know the specific songs that have been supposedly sung by our support.

Agree 100%

Also notthing wrong per se with being sectarian - there may be case for a banner referring to sectarian hatred but that is different.

I'm not sure there is much of a difference...it's all about the definition of the word "sectarian" and the modern ones all emphasise intolerance.

500miles
17-11-2011, 05:55 AM
Maybe it's better to build bridges. Pitch in for an early Christmas present. The Hibs shop does a nice old fashioned alarm clock - I'd even pay for the double A battries, and put them in myself. Send it by courier to his home address. A tasteful note of forgiveness would be a nice accompanyment.

"To Paul,
something to demonstrate that we have not slipped back into the 1970's.
No hard feelings - Time wounds all heels.
The Hibs Support x"

Tick, tock. :devil:

vercol36
17-11-2011, 09:41 AM
"We're not sectarian" is rubbish. "Football is our religion" is much better. More imaginative, more intelligent.

On another note, I'm proud to me a supporter of a club where a small group of fans can take up their own time and money to create banners for matches. We have had a rubbish season, but standing up at the back of the new east with the rest of the singing support has made it a good day out every home match. I have two friends who go to games with me regularly, who were not even football fans before last season, never mind Hibs supporters! Now they are hooked!

Donation sent. Good on you, lads.

Chuck Rhoades
17-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Thanks for all the donations so far, really is a massive help not only for this weekend's banners but for future displays to make Easter Road more colourful.

We want this group to grow and to become more sucessful, so if you are interested in meeting before games, helping with displays or coming to away days please sign up at www.sect43.co.uk

Thanks again, we are the Hibs

mickki40
17-11-2011, 10:30 AM

Hahahahahahahaha...seriously? Oh My God. Letting a Q.C. Slag your teams fans off for being sectarian is fine. But to use freedom of speech to retaliate is not. I honestly seriously can not believe someone would not go to a game because of a banner that defended its own fans. Each to their own I suppose.

mickki40
17-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Thank you all for the donations. Please now stop as we have reached our target. A massive thank you. I am posting a pic of a graphic letter I have just done for the sect43 banner that will also be out on saturday. I am going with this look as I am limited on time I have to get all of us in the room and start, and this is an easier of a lot of options. I think it looks good. The banner will be displayed in the east. Still time to put your ideas forward. I however can't accept ideas after 0800 Friday Morning. We will be making the flag at 10a.m.

The Paul Mc Bride = Liar is the most favourite just now and also something along the lines of " H.F.C. Fans NOT SECTARIAN. Keep the ideas coming please. Once again on behalf of you all and the Sect43 guys who will be helping out a big THANK YOU for making this happen
GGTTH

For some reason I can't upload a picture. It doesn't seem to accept it
Sorry Guys

nonshinyfinish
17-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Paul Mc Bride = Liar

A very minor thing, but personally I don't like the equals sign, I think that either

Paul McBride - Liar
or
Paul McBride: Liar

would look better. Not particularly important though, and others may disagree.

As always, look out for the spelling - there's nothing that would scream 'wee Tims' quite like a misspelt banner...

mickki40
17-11-2011, 11:12 AM
A very minor thing, but personally I don't like the equals sign, I think that either

Paul McBride - Liar
or
Paul McBride: Liar

would look better. Not particularly important though, and others may disagree.

As always, look out for the spelling - there's nothing that would scream 'wee Tims' quite like a misspelt banner...

Yes it is important, every idea put forward is listened to. And I can see your point. So if the Liar banner gets made, it will have your suggestion on it. GGTTH

Joe Baker II
17-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Which part of the ground was this in? I never heard it, for something that was clearly audible you seem tae be the only one (well you and that tool on the radio the other night). Personally I think yer talkin http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies/Talking20Shiz1.gifhttp://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies 2/Talking20Shiz1.gif just like he was.

1995 and 1999 in East Stand in centre - it was the Boys of the old Brigade - though it is about IRA pre-Provisional split. "There's only one Gerry Adams was also sung at one of these games" - know not about the IRA per se but had it been sung by Celtic fans the same morons posting above would have been frothing at the mouth! At both ER and Tynecastle last season Up the Ra was clearly audible from some fans (at half time at Tynecastle, East Stand at ER).

The Soldiers Song (again not an IRA song per se but see comment above) was sung by some at 1991 cup final.

blackpoolhibs
17-11-2011, 11:20 AM
1995 and 1999 in East Stand in centre - it was the Boys of the old Brigade - though it is about IRA pre-Provisional split. "There's only one Gerry Adams was also sung at one of these games" - know not about the IRA per se but had it been sung by Celtic fans the same morons posting above would have been frothing at the mouth! At both ER and Tynecastle last season Up the Ra was clearly audible from some fans (at half time at Tynecastle, East Stand at ER).

The Soldiers Song (again not an IRA song per se but see comment above) was sung by some at 1991 cup final.

Absolute nonsense from start to finish. :blah:

hibsbollah
17-11-2011, 11:27 AM
1995 and 1999 in East Stand in centre - it was the Boys of the old Brigade - though it is about IRA pre-Provisional split. "There's only one Gerry Adams was also sung at one of these games" - know not about the IRA per se but had it been sung by Celtic fans the same morons posting above would have been frothing at the mouth! At both ER and Tynecastle last season Up the Ra was clearly audible from some fans (at half time at Tynecastle, East Stand at ER).The Soldiers Song (again not an IRA song per se but see comment above) was sung by some at 1991 cup final. Nonsense. Why is it only you (amongst all those others including myself who have followed the club home and away for years) claims to have heard these songs at these occasions? Maybe you still had your ipod on at the time.

Moulin Yarns
17-11-2011, 11:28 AM

Absolute nonsense from start to finish. :blah:

Not so sure it is rubbish Blackpool, Jo Bhoy obviously knows what he is talking about. Presumably because he was the only :asshole: that was singing it :greengrin

SmokieJoe
17-11-2011, 11:30 AM
How about

'Hibernian..Supporters of Football
Not Sectarianism Since 1875'

sorry if similar has been posted

vercol36
17-11-2011, 12:06 PM
some of these ideas are a little..... simple. there's not really much point in a banner unless it has a bit of wit or charm. 'FOOTBALL is our religion' is a good idea, as it is a beacon to every other club that Hibs fans do not want to be associated with sectarian garbage. it also proves a point as well of distancing our philosophy from any idea outside of the stadium. no union jacks, no che guevara banners, no palestinian flags, no 'god save the queen'. just football and the hibees.

Saorsa
17-11-2011, 12:18 PM

The Soldiers Song (again not an IRA song per se but see comment above) was sung by some at 1991 cup final.Funny I've never been far from the centre of the east stand I've never heard these songs you claim tae be audible at those dates. Early eighties, maybe up tae about 84/5 at the latest is the last time I heard any of that nature and even then it was an Irish song rather than an IRA song. Perhaps you forgot tae turn your walkman off?

Dinkydoo
17-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Paul McBride is a Liar

Or "= liar"

Would be my choice but I like most of the suggestions anyway :greengrin

Gatecrasher
17-11-2011, 12:56 PM
I think the Football is our Religion would be better as it could be used on other occasions as well

Moulin Yarns
17-11-2011, 12:59 PM
I think the Football is our Religion would be better as it could be used on other occasions as well

Agree totally, the Paul McBride one should/could only be displayed against Celtc

silverhibee
17-11-2011, 01:04 PM

You on crack or something, what a load of keek you are spouting, its dribbling down your chin.

If Hibs fans had been singing pro ira songs last season surely someone would have heard something and posted about it on one of the Hibs websites, as i said you are talking a big pile of it.

silverhibee
17-11-2011, 01:06 PM

:agree:

marinello59
17-11-2011, 01:15 PM
You on crack or something, what a load of keek you are spouting, its dribbling down your chin.

If Hibs fans had been singing pro ira songs last season surely someone would have heard something and posted about it on one of the Hibs websites, as i said you are talking a big pile of it.

Exactly, there would have been several multi page threads on it.
When you make an erchie of yourself on here it is better to make a dignified withdrawal than simply make stuff up.

nonshinyfinish
17-11-2011, 01:19 PM

This is a good point - if two are being made, it would make most sense to have a 'one-off' Paul McBride one, and a reusable Football is our Religion one. It would look a bit weird if we had something less subtle like 'HFC not sectarian' in permanent use.

mickki40
17-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Agree totally, the Paul McBride one should/could only be displayed against Celtc

we would put Paul Mc Bride on a smaller banner and any other writing on other banners so we could get rid of his name anyway. But always good to Trot it out at Us v Celtic.

mickki40
17-11-2011, 01:51 PM
When you make an erchie of yourself on here it is better to make a dignified withdrawal than simply make stuff up.

Wtf? I am in east singing section every game. Last season as well. I would have heard it. Believe me if it had been sung even by an individual you would have heard it. There is no way those songs were sung last season. Never happened.

mickki40
17-11-2011, 01:56 PM
OK guys n Gals. How about "Paul Mc Bride" on one smaller banner. "FOOTBALL IS OUR RELIGION", on another "NOT SECTARIANISM". on another. Hold all 3 up together next to each other. Thoughts guys. Then we can use the FIOR banner again. We can Modify the Not sectarianism to " No sectarianism" at a later date if we require. And happily Burn The Paul McBride one with an effigy of him ala Saddam Hussein.

marinello59
17-11-2011, 01:57 PM
]Wtf?[/B] I am in east singing section every game. Last season as well. I would have heard it. Believe me if it had been sung even by an individual you would have heard it. There is no way those songs were sung last season. Never happened.

But I agree with you. :greengrin

FranckSuzy
17-11-2011, 01:59 PM
OK guys n Gals. How about "Paul Mc Bride" on one smaller banner. "FOOTBALL IS OUR RELIGION", on another "NOT SECTARIANISM". on another. Hold all 3 up together next to each other. Thoughts guys. Then we can use the FIOR banner again. We can Modify the Not sectarianism to " No sectarianism" at a later date if we require. And happily Burn The Paul McBride one with an effigy of him ala Saddam Hussein.

Firstly, well done to you all in getting this off the ground. IMHO, I wouldn't even mention P McB. It will only appeal to his already over-inflated ego. The other two will get the point over succinctly and then he (and his apologists) will get the message loud and clear.:flag:

nonshinyfinish
17-11-2011, 02:03 PM

Sounds good, but it should be 'not sectarian' rather than 'not sectarianism'.

harpo
17-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Sounds good, but it should be 'not sectarian' rather than 'not sectarianism'.

Singing about the IRA is not sectarian, it's political.

Any banner stating it's sectarian would be foolish and clearly embarrassing.

Joe Baker II
17-11-2011, 02:28 PM

I assure you nothing I have posted here is made up. The idea that hibs.net is the source of all knowledge and debate is just absurd too.

marinello59
17-11-2011, 02:35 PM
I assure you nothing I have posted here is made up. The idea that hibs.net is the source of all knowledge and debate is just absurd too.

I'll agree with that bit.:greengrin
As for the rest of the stuff you have posted.............nah.

nonshinyfinish
17-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Singing about the IRA is not sectarian, it's political.

Any banner stating it's sectarian would be foolish and clearly embarrassing.

Good thing the planned banner doesn't state that then.

Paisley Hibby
17-11-2011, 02:55 PM

Can't believe you're still at it :confused: You've obviously got an agenda about this but you're on your own with it. Why don't you just take your perverse opinions and stick them up your RArse

lucky
17-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Admins can we not just launch Joe Baker ll. He is clearly at it and is blackening our club with lies and untruths he is posting

BroxburnHibee
17-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Admins can we not just launch Joe Baker ll. He is clearly at it and is blackening our club with lies and untruths he is posting

If there's anything you see posted which you feel needs looked at then please use the report post facility.

Joe has posted an opinion - one which the vast majority don't agree with - as far as I'm aware thats not breaking any forum rules.

We cant just bin people for posting unpopular opinions - blackpoolhibs would have been ditched long ago :tee hee: Sorry Gary :wink:

Paisley Hibby
17-11-2011, 03:12 PM
If there's anything you see posted which you feel needs looked at then please use the report post facility.

Joe has posted an opinion - one which the vast majority don't agree with - as far as I'm aware thats not breaking any forum rules.

We cant just bin people for posting unpopular opinions - blackpoolhibs would have been ditched long ago :tee hee: Sorry Gary :wink:

I agree with you. In fact, if he insists on spouting this stuff then better he does it on here where it can (and will) be challenged by people who know what they're talking about. As for it being the vast majority that don't agree with him, I think he's actually in a minority of 1!

mickki40
17-11-2011, 03:31 PM
OK guys and gals. Between these 3

1.FOOTBALL IS OUR RELIGION-NOT SECTARIANISM

2.FOOTBALL IS OUR RELIGION-NOT SECTARIAN

3.PAUL McBRIDE-LIAR

Gramatically which is correct, 1 or 2.

Barney McGrew
17-11-2011, 03:33 PM

mickki40
17-11-2011, 03:43 PM

I thought that as well. please all confirm please. looks like that will be the banner
Gets the point across and doesn't give Mc Bride any publicity. Hope the press see it

Bostonhibby
17-11-2011, 03:47 PM

nonshinyfinish
17-11-2011, 03:53 PM

3.PAUL McBRIDE-LIAR

If they're going together like this, then 1 is correct.

I think they make more sense separately though - after all, sectarianism isn't a religion. I thought the idea of the 'not sectarian' one was just to say 'we are not sectarian'.

How did this get so complicated? :panic:

Sir David Gray
17-11-2011, 04:29 PM

3.PAUL McBRIDE-LIAR

Number two doesn't make any sense so definitely number one.

However, I don't think we need to be making a statement against sectarianism. We were accused of supporting terrorism, not sectarianism.

Which is why I think that my suggestion;

is the most appropriate.

nonshinyfinish
17-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Number two doesn't make any sense so definitely number one.

However, I don't think we need to be making a statement against sectarianism. We were accused of supporting terrorism, not sectarianism.

As I see it, the Paul McBride - Liar one would directly address his allegations, the others being a response to various other attempts to drag us into the wider sectarianism debate.

Maybe it's better just to have 'football is our religion'. That gets across the most important point (IMO) - that we are not interested in bringing politics or religion or anything else into football.

blackpoolhibs
17-11-2011, 05:02 PM

People are coming round BH, people are coming round. :wink:

Spike Mandela
17-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Whilst earlier in the thread my viewpoint was to forget about banners I can't sit back and watch you waste your money. Any banner would have to be punchy and to the point.

Forget McBride he is a two week wonder. Your banner would be irrelevant next month never mind next season. Your other idea is too long and wordy imo.

Try to be more direct. HIBERNIAN
-----------------------NON SECTARIAN---------------

For example.

PONGO
17-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Mcbride ya BAWBAG

blackpoolhibs
17-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Any money left over could be spent a lot worse than a simple, vladimar romanov legend banner.

WhileTheChief..
17-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Not too keen on the Football is our Religion one. It's quite literally bringing religion into Easter Rd at a time when we should be grateful that we just don't have this problem.

Let's not get dragged into this argument. The Club made it's statement and we should leave it at that.

harpo
17-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Not too keen on the Football is our Religion one. It's quite literally bringing religion into Easter Rd at a time when we should be grateful that we just don't have this problem.

Let's not get dragged into this argument. The Club made it's statement and we should leave it at that.

Got to agree with this lets lets leave it at that.

harpo
17-11-2011, 09:11 PM

Got to agree with this lets lets leave it at that.

Smiggy 7-0
17-11-2011, 09:50 PM
McBride has shown without doubt he is nothing but a big F**NY.

Let's keep all talk of religon out of Easter Road please.

silverhibee
17-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Any money left over could be spent a lot worse than a simple, vladimar romanov legend banner.

Thats a must for the Derby game. :agree:

thekaratekid
17-11-2011, 10:16 PM
No politics, no religion, just Hibs

cad
17-11-2011, 10:52 PM
HFC Where Football is our Religion

I agree with Silverhibee , Blackpoolhibs idea is a must for the derby ,where do I donate

" Vladimar Romanov Legend "

Saorsa
17-11-2011, 10:56 PM
No politics, no religion, just Hibs:agree:

vercol36
17-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Erm... the point of a banner saying 'Football is our religion' is that it means we don't equate ourselves with any particular religion. It is a bit ironic that some people on this thread think it would have the opposite effect and actually associate us with religion. It's like saying that we want to disassociate ourselves with the Nazi Party but we can't have a sign saying 'Nazis are c*nts'.

RIP
17-11-2011, 11:41 PM
After this storm in a tea cup is over and we get to next season - will we wish we had simply spent the money celebrating our heritage instead?

Edinburgh's Sons of Ireland

:wink:

Cocaine&Caviar
17-11-2011, 11:44 PM
After this storm in a tea cup is over and we get to next season - will we wish we had simply spent the money celebrating our heritage instead?

No thank you.

Smiggy 7-0
18-11-2011, 07:11 AM
No thank you.

Agree - keep this out of it also.

nonshinyfinish
18-11-2011, 08:13 AM
Erm... the point of a banner saying 'Football is our religion' is that it means we don't equate ourselves with any particular religion. It is a bit ironic that some people on this thread think it would have the opposite effect and actually associate us with religion.

Betty Boop
18-11-2011, 08:51 AM

Hope you have got your tin hat on ! :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
18-11-2011, 10:13 AM

Not in my name

Leave that crap to the plastic paddies

biggie1875
18-11-2011, 11:31 AM

:thumbsup:

Hibercelona
18-11-2011, 11:47 AM
We should be focusing on what we are, not what we're not.

Instead of saying something like "We're NOT secterian".... It should be something across the lines of "We ARE Secterian free, we are the mighty HFC".

Chuck Rhoades
18-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Just heard there was a slight glitch with the banner im hearing :D - should still be ready for tomorrow.

harpo
18-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Just heard there was a slight glitch with the banner im hearing :D - should still be ready for tomorrow.

So what is actually on the banner?

The accusations that we sing IRA songs doesnt imply that we are sectarian, so no mention of sectarianism please.
Otherwise the 12th man will come out of this looking a tad silly

RIP
18-11-2011, 08:07 PM
So what is actually on the banner?

The accusations that we sing IRA songs doesnt imply that we are sectarian, so no mention of sectarianism please.

I'm sure you will be OK when you see it the morn. I've heard what's on it and it's simple, effective and re-usable ...............

Well done to the people behind this - making flags is a big effort

mickki40
18-11-2011, 08:10 PM
banner done

FOOTBALL IS OUR RELIGION

8 HOURS

DID NIGHTS AS WELL LAST NIGHT SO OFF TO BED FOR ME

would love to post but won't let me

nonshinyfinish
18-11-2011, 08:25 PM
banner done

FOOTBALL IS OUR RELIGION

8 HOURS

DID NIGHTS AS WELL LAST NIGHT SO OFF TO BED FOR ME

would love to post but won't let me

Good work. Look forward to seeing it. :agree:

macca70
20-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Can't remember seeing this yesterday, was it at the game?

At The Edge
20-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Can't remember seeing this yesterday, was it at the game?

:agree: it was in section 44, close to the south stand, had a bit of grief with the stewards and the police came for a look as well, but it was held up for about 10 mins before the game.
Point made and credit to those who put the work in making the banner.

Nakedmanoncrack
20-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Good work on getting banners made but, doubt if many people will see them if only displayed pre match before most people are in. Looked for the banner yesterday and assumed it hadn't made an appearance.

HibeeMassive
20-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Really? We were in 25 mins before the game (which is a first ever!) and were watching out for it from the west upper but never seen it. What size was it?

frazeHFC
20-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Really? We were in 25 mins before the game (which is a first ever!) and were watching out for it from the west upper but never seen it. What size was it?

It was a 3 part large banner that was out for a while just before kick-off.

wearethehibs
20-11-2011, 11:53 AM
I never seen it. A bit disappointed that it wasn't displayed through out the game. Thought it would be held out in the singing section during the game.

Nakedmanoncrack
20-11-2011, 11:55 AM
I never seen it. A bit disappointed that it wasn't displayed through out the game. Thought it would be held out in the singing section during the game.

Glass half full
20-11-2011, 11:59 AM
There's litte to gain from giving someone like him air.

A general banner with a positive message e.g.

Hibernian supporters
singing songs about football since 1875

would be better and could be used week after week.

hibbiedon
20-11-2011, 12:00 PM
No thank you.

Im from east lothian, never been to Ireland, nothing against them but Im Scottish so no thanks

Curly1875
20-11-2011, 03:37 PM

we would've had it up longer but we were given a bit of grief from stewards and so only really got 5-10 minutes from it, shame really as we spent so long on it but it will probably make a few appearances every now and then

DC_Hibs
20-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Was a close up of it on HibsTV live broadcast for around a minute when I logged in.

Sir David Gray
20-11-2011, 04:22 PM
we would've had it up longer but we were given a bit of grief from stewards and so only really got 5-10 minutes from it, shame really as we spent so long on it but it will probably make a few appearances every now and then

What was on it that they didn't like? :confused:

As I stated the other day, I personally would not have mentioned religion but they surely can only censor banners which are offensive and I don't see anything offensive on the banner which was mentioned on here.

Curly1875
20-11-2011, 04:28 PM
What was on it that they didn't like? :confused:

As I stated the other day, I personally would not have mentioned religion but they surely can only censor banners which are offensive and I don't see anything offensive on the banner which was mentioned on here.

It wasn't so much what was on it that they didn't like as they hadn't actually seen it, they just didnt seem to like us doing it, also something about us taking up some seats although I've never seen many people sitting in that area so I don't see the problem with that.

Also we spoke to the head of security at ER on Friday and he said it'd be absolutely fine so I don't understand what all their fuss was about.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Not in my name Leave that crap to the plastic paddies Quite right too.

frazeHFC
20-11-2011, 04:57 PM
The banner