PDA

View Full Version : Ooh ah up the Ra

Nailrod
16-11-2011, 01:09 AM
As a Cletic supporter, I am writing to let you know that I and my fellow plahstihc pahddhies are sick to death of the slurs coming from your fans about our so-called support for the IRA.

It is an established fact that the relentless chants of "Ooh! Ah! Up the Ra! I say ooh ah up the Ra!" emanating from our supporters at every away ground we ever visit have nothing whatsoever to do with the IRA. In fact, they are a tribute to Ra, the Egyptian Sun God, expressing our desire that he should continue to rise each day.

It is entirely appropriate that we should express our devotion to the Sun God Ra, as it is incontestably the case that the sun shines out of our club's @rse, and we are the greatest fans in the world, the cosmos, and this and every other time-space continuum.

And for the record, my family does own a bar of soap. In fact, it is one of our most prized possessions, and has sat in a glass case on our mantelpiece for over twenty years.

And I can so spell Celtc.

Skanko79
16-11-2011, 04:02 AM
That Egyptian sun god had a cracking season for you in 1998/99 didnt he?

Ryan69
16-11-2011, 04:10 AM
Well **** off back to Celtic board then.:taxi

Nailrod
16-11-2011, 04:59 AM

Well. I suppose that as a, er... Sun-God worshiping Celtc supporter with an erm... bar of soap on my mantelpiece, I will umm... yes most definitely have to think very seriously about doing just that.

soupy
16-11-2011, 05:42 AM
Try using the soap ya fanny!!!

Supraninja
16-11-2011, 05:45 AM
how do i read

Iain G
16-11-2011, 05:47 AM
Well. I suppose that as a, er... Sun-God worshiping Celtc supporter with an erm... bar of soap on my mantelpiece, I will umm... yes most definitely have to think very seriously about doing just that.

Couple of spectacular misses that Akpo Sodje and Peter van Vossen would be very proud of...

Nailrod
16-11-2011, 05:53 AM
Couple of spectacular misses that Akpo Sodje and Peter van Vossen would be very proud of...

Hat-trick now... :rolleyes:

Lucius Apuleius
16-11-2011, 06:36 AM

Phanny, surely. :wink:

soupy
16-11-2011, 06:48 AM
Phanny, surely. :wink: Aye Ye might be right :-)

Jack
16-11-2011, 06:51 AM
Plastic Phanny surely surely ;-)

Viva_Palmeiras
16-11-2011, 07:39 AM
If you were the bloke on real radio who was on about the wolftones ?
If yes take the peg off yer nose! ;)

.Sean.
16-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Is this **** for real?

Nailrod
16-11-2011, 08:48 AM
For the avoidance of any further confusion among members, the OP would like to state unequivocally that he is in fact a card-carrying, Sun-God worshiping plahstihc pahddhy who has kept a bar of soap on his mantelpiece for twenty years, and who is not sure whether Cletic is spelt Celtc or Cetlic.

I trust this clarifies matters.

:eyes:

poolman
16-11-2011, 08:50 AM
Where's the WHOOSH smiley

zlatan
16-11-2011, 08:53 AM
The late night/early morning posters on here clearly aren't the sharpest.

:hilarious

frazeHFC
16-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Piss of you soap dodging, sectarian singing, trampy ********

andudare2
16-11-2011, 09:03 AM

:hilarioussure looks like it m8, bit of cringing will be order of day if they re-read:agree::hnet:

MB62

Where's the WHOOSH smiley

:agree: :agree: :greengrin

Iain G

I'm not sure if we've now gone past some level of post modern genius irony or not, at what point does being wittily deadpan ironic come full circle to be the truth?!? :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
16-11-2011, 09:08 AM
:faf:

Read it again, folks.

Gettin' Auld
16-11-2011, 09:12 AM
As a Cletic supporter, I am writing to let you know that I and my fellow plahstihc pahddhies are sick to death of the slurs coming from your fans about our so-called support for the IRA.

It is an established fact that the relentless chants of "Ooh! Ah! Up the Ra! I say ooh ah up the Ra!" emanating from our supporters at every away ground we ever visit have nothing whatsoever to do with the IRA. In fact, they are a tribute to Ra, the Egyptian Sun God, expressing our desire that he should continue to rise each day.

It is entirely appropriate that we should express our devotion to the Sun God Ra, as it is incontestably the case that the sun shines out of our club's @rse, and we are the greatest fans in the world, the cosmos, and this and every other time-space continuum.

And for the record, my family does own a bar of soap. In fact, it is one of our most prized possessions, and has sat in a glass case on our mantelpiece for over twenty years.

Good stuff bud........... :thumbsup:

cabbageandribs1875
16-11-2011, 09:12 AM
about time we get a 'woooosh' smiley on here, some posters are sooooooooo gullible

Lucius Apuleius
16-11-2011, 09:15 AM
We have a whoosh but I guess people aint using it :wink:

steakbake
16-11-2011, 09:17 AM
about time we get a 'woooosh' smiley on here, some posters are sooooooooo gullible

Either that, or just ridiculously quick to fly off the handle! Or, they don't read stuff before posting.

TrickyNicky
16-11-2011, 09:19 AM
I think there should be post like this every morning at 6am for the sleepyheads to wake up and abuse.

The poster must pretend to be a fan of the OF or worse, one of THEM !

They will be judged at the end of the day and this will serve to help those on Hibs.net vent their spleen so we can all get along and recreate the Hibs Love-ins of Rangers v Hibs 1986

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvdesakrwn0

frazeHFC
16-11-2011, 09:19 AM
I'm not sure if we've now gone past some level of post modern genius irony or not, at what point does being wittily deadpan ironic come full circle to be the truth?!? :greengrin I had to look some of those words up in the dictionary. :greengrin

SlickShoes
16-11-2011, 09:21 AM
Great post, you met your quota this morning :fishin::fishin::fishin::fishin:

Nailrod
16-11-2011, 09:25 AM
I'm not sure if we've now gone past some level of post modern genius irony or not, at what point does being wittily deadpan ironic come full circle to be the truth?!? :greengrin

I'm reduced to checking posting histories to try to sort the post-modern genius irony from the :doh:.

So far it's er, umm... well let's say that Homer is firmly in the lead. Very firmly in the lead.

Houchy
16-11-2011, 09:27 AM

Nails, you need a bigger boat for that catch mate. What a haul. It's a carnage on deadlistcatch.net:greengrin:not worth

.Sean.
16-11-2011, 09:55 AM
D'oh. Early morning read of .net mobile version is my excuse!

frazeHFC
16-11-2011, 10:04 AM
D'oh. Early morning read of .net mobile version is my excuse! Me too

Phil D. Rolls
16-11-2011, 10:54 AM

I get it. :agree: Maybe you could do some work on that Soldiers Song next - you need to get closer to the Small Faces version IMO. Keep the faith brother, er.....

Keith_M
16-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Dear oh dear oh dear, how anybody could read that post and think it was for real is a serious criticism of the education system in Scotland today.

:greengrin

To the OP :not worth

Lucius Apuleius
16-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Dear oh dear oh dear, how anybody could read that post and think it was for real is a serious criticism of the education system in Scotland today.

:greengrin

To the OP :not worth

Either that or a very deep knowledge of weedgie education.

Speedway
16-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Congrats NR, to you and your trawler, you caught some serious whoppers.

Kaiser_Sauzee
16-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Well done the OP on catching so many fishes with this post. I have never seen anything like this in my life, and I regularly watch 'Trawlermen'.

Quite incredible.

Nailrod
16-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Well done the OP on catching so many fishes with this post. I have never seen anything like this in my life, and I regularly watch 'Trawlermen'.

Quite incredible.

Still struggling with the concept that there are Hibs supporters out there who believe that there are Cletic supporters out there who have heard of the Egyptian Sun God Ra...

:dunno:

lapsedhibee
16-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Still struggling with the concept that there are Hibs supporters out there who believe that there are Cletic supporters out there who have heard of the Egyptian Sun God Ra...

Shirley that would be "Ra Sun God", big man? :dunno:

sadtom
16-11-2011, 02:26 PM

:agree:

Is there any truth that Eric Cantona has been following Nailrod?

--------
16-11-2011, 02:28 PM

Classic, NR. :top marks

The Sun God Ra ... :faf:

SRHibs
16-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Lmao. As if anyone thought this was serious.

Nailrod
16-11-2011, 02:45 PM

:faf:

Judas Iscariot
16-11-2011, 02:55 PM

:doh:

:agree:

Superb work :top marks

wearethehibs
16-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Still struggling with the concept that there are Hibs supporters out there who believe that there are Cletic supporters out there who have heard of the Egyptian Sun God Ra... :dunno: I was reading that part while brushing my teeth..... Get to mine and clean my mirror please haha

Mikeystewart
16-11-2011, 03:10 PM

You do realise this is a joke or are you just playing along for the giggles?

Mikeystewart
16-11-2011, 03:11 PM

If only there was a "like" function :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Isn't it....Ooh ah, up the ra, push pineapple grind coffee?

Mikeystewart
16-11-2011, 03:15 PM

Don't call him Shirley :wink:

Saorsa
16-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Here's the smilie for this thread :greengrin

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies/whoosh.gif

greenlex
16-11-2011, 06:49 PM
I was reading that part while brushing my teeth..... Get to mine and clean my mirror please haha

Toothpaste? Aye right!'!! Have you tried Windolene?

Hermit Crab
16-11-2011, 06:52 PM
:fishin: :a bite: :a bite: :a bite: :a bite: :a bite: :a bite: :a bite: :troll:.........................

connerg
16-11-2011, 07:36 PM

GTF ya tramp :idiot:

Gala Foxes
16-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Can't believe we are even leaving a post from these morons on our site

nonshinyfinish
16-11-2011, 07:55 PM

Right, we're back to the wicked irony vs. abject :doh:s debate.

I have to admit that I've lost track now.

Jonnyboy
16-11-2011, 08:41 PM

Oh dear :faf:

lyonhibs
16-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Right, we're back to the wicked irony vs. abject :doh:s debate.

I have to admit that I've lost track now.

:agree::agree:

What's going on here people??

Hermit Crab
16-11-2011, 09:25 PM

:fishin: :a bite: :asshole:

Hermit Crab
16-11-2011, 09:26 PM

:tee hee: :a bite: Dear oh dear

Gala Foxes
16-11-2011, 09:40 PM
:tee hee: :a bite: Dear oh dear

that will teach me to skim read posts !

Hook-line & sinker

Iain G
17-11-2011, 06:38 AM

Hook-line & sinker

Could hear the sounds of that penny dropping from here :wink:

Nailrod
18-11-2011, 01:36 AM
Well, I just thought I would close this one out by thanking my fellow Hibbies for all the fun.

I've also had a salutary lesson. It looks like these Nigerian chappies might have some kind of a workable business model after all... :wink:

Hibercelona
18-11-2011, 01:46 AM
Piss of back to Ireland you slavering bigotted erse! :bye:

:na na: :wink: :devil:

Newry Hibs
18-11-2011, 08:55 AM

:thumbsup: Maybe Celtc fans are fans of Blackadder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PpD-xguYAI

One Day Soon
19-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Seriously? I think there should be an actual forfeit for some of these replies. Perhaps a mandatory stint over on Brokebank until they troll a few Yams as successfully as they did-in themselves here?

connerg
19-11-2011, 10:25 AM

Hook-line & sinker

Aye, me too! :hide: