PDA

View Full Version : NHC Ryries!

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-11-2011, 10:32 PM
FFS! Just jumped off the train @ Hmkt, popped in to the boozer, £3.95 for a pint of Strongbow, wtf is that all about? Its a ****hole!

TheEastTerrace
17-11-2011, 06:12 PM
FFS! Just jumped off the train @ Hmkt, popped in to the boozer, £3.95 for a pint of Strongbow, wtf is that all about? Its a ****hole!

I paid £8.80 for two pints of Peroni at the bar diagonally across from Diane's, just around from Grove Street. If I hadn't been taking a bird out, I would have told the boy 'no thanks'. No pint is worth that!

H18sry
17-11-2011, 06:27 PM
I paid £8.80 for two pints of Peroni at the bar diagonally across from Diane's, just around from Grove Street. If I hadn't been taking a bird out, I would have told the boy 'no thanks'. No pint is worth that!

:confused: Why take her there? It's the pits :devil:

Gatecrasher
17-11-2011, 07:55 PM
no wonder pubs are closing :no way:

Steve-O
19-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Pretty much the same price I am paying for even less than a full pint here in Wellington. A joke. :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-11-2011, 12:56 PM
In certain establishments i'm quite prepared to pay a bit over the odds, but, Ryries is charging more for jambo juice than The Mercat! Also more than any run of the mill London boozer I frequent before Hammers games.

Speedy
19-11-2011, 02:44 PM
I paid £18.60 for 4 pints of Peroni in Bar Kohl last night...I almost cried.

It was £3.45 for Tennents as well.

Pretty Boy
19-11-2011, 04:00 PM

£24 for 5 pints of Peroni in Grand Cru. Absolute rip off hence why I hardly ever go there anymore.

£4.25 for a vodka and coke and a Laphroaig in the four in hand is more my price range!

Newhaven
19-11-2011, 11:01 PM

£24 for 5 pints of Peroni in Grand Cru. Absolute rip off hence why I hardly ever go there anymore.

£4.25 for a vodka and coke and a Laphroaig in the four in hand is more my price range!

Peroni is worth it though :top marks

Calvin
20-11-2011, 03:33 AM
Peroni is a great pint but I only pay £4.10 on the South Bank! £4.40, £4.60 and £4.80 have all been quoted here; Edinburgh is flippin expensive!

Saying that, my usual is the £2.75 a half pint Hardcore IPA but that's a quality beer at 9.2%, or a Punk IPA at a reasonable £3.50.

Antifa Hibs
20-11-2011, 09:22 AM

Exactly, you get what you pay for. Great lager/beer :not worth

If i'm getting a pint of Tennants for £3.00 i'd call that a bargain these days! Expensive hobby but there have been moments in the pub that just cannot get replicated anywhere else :agree:

Scouse Hibee
20-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Absolute rip off some of the prices in Edinburgh pubs these days, add that to the rip off prices of Edinburgh taxis! Thank **** I'm in Liverpool every month to enjoy a cheap night out!

Hibbyradge
20-11-2011, 12:04 PM
£2.55 for Tennents in the Toby Carvery in Corstorphine.

Not the best pub in the world, but not bad for a cheap couple of liveners or a quiet drink with my wife.

Scouse Hibee
20-11-2011, 01:19 PM
£2.55 for Tennents in the Toby Carvery in Corstorphine.

Not the best pub in the world, but not bad for a cheap couple of liveners or a quiet drink with my wife.

Yeah just find that place constantly too warm!

.Sean.
20-11-2011, 02:19 PM
There's around ten bars in Haddington and you won't find a pint of anything for under £3. Drinks are a wee bit cheaper in both the Bowling and Conservative Clubs but you don't get in unless you're a member. Dear hobby indeed but one we all enjoy :party:

Calvin
20-11-2011, 07:25 PM
You can easily get a pint of Tennents for under £2 up here but I still find it hard to drink the stuff!

Jack
20-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Back to Ryries :-) It used to be a great place but is sadly a dark shadow of that. The last time I was there with Mrs Jack and asked for a half Tennents and some dark beer I saw the font for, it was off, what about another I saw, it was off too - no dark beer at all! The pub with no beer!

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-11-2011, 07:47 PM
The way it is now I thought they were running the place into the ground before they knock it down to make way for the trams. Not so sure thats the case though.

stu in nottingham
21-11-2011, 05:34 PM
No wonder the Wetherspoon chain are opening pub after pub while the rest are closing down...

They leave a lot to be desired in terms of atmosphere but in the ones here you can get a perfectly acceptable pint of Danish Tuborg (4.7) for around £2.55. Just recently they had a Beer Festival in their pubs with several real ales, which are not my bag, priced at £1.60.

Scouse Hibee
21-11-2011, 06:05 PM
No wonder the Wetherspoon chain are opening pub after pub while the rest are closing down...

They leave a lot to be desired in terms of atmosphere but in the ones here you can get a perfectly acceptable pint of Danish Tuborg (4.7) for around £2.55. Just recently they had a Beer Festival in their pubs with several real ales, which are not my bag, priced at £1.60.

Funnily enough I tried that in the Corstorphine Wetherspoons just last week,I thoroughly enjoyed it :agree:

.Sean.
21-11-2011, 07:54 PM

Tidy choice, the bottled stuff is sold in Haddy boozers. Very nice.

Barney McGrew
21-11-2011, 09:00 PM
The way it is now I thought they were running the place into the ground before they knock it down to make way for the trams. Not so sure thats the case though.

Only the Caley Ale House got pulled down to make way.

Dunbar Hibee
22-11-2011, 01:19 PM
£1.60 a pint in The Lothian in Dunbar. Full of some bawbags but good place to start a night out :wink:

Pete
25-11-2011, 02:41 AM
Absolute rip off some of the prices in Edinburgh pubs these days, add that to the rip off prices of Edinburgh taxis! Thank **** I'm in Liverpool every month to enjoy a cheap night out!

Taken from an independent report by the Transport research institute into taxi fares in Edinburgh:

The city of Edinburgh remains disproportionately under priced compared to the UK averages. Edinburgh has consistently charged less than comparable locations and is in the lowest quartile by fare of authorities in the UK. In July 2011 the city appeared as the 277th entry of 377 authorities.

the city is notaciblely out of step in relation to other locations in relation to fare, and specifically undercharging on flag drop (initial charge). comparable locations charge in the order of £2.50; with examples including £2.40 (Glasgow), £3 (Ipswich) and £2.30 (Manchester).

:faint:

Wembley67
25-11-2011, 06:38 AM
Haha...mon the black cabs. If you moan about the taxi price get a bus or other means.

Scouse Hibee
25-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Haha...mon the black cabs. If you moan about the taxi price get a bus or other means.

And in relation to Liverpool cabs as I stated they are a rip off!!! GIRUY

Wembley67
25-11-2011, 10:45 AM
And in relation to Liverpool cabs as I stated they are a rip off!!! GIRUY

X

Killiehibbie
25-11-2011, 03:06 PM
And in relation to Liverpool cabs as I stated they are a rip off!!! GIRUYDon't talk pish, according to league tables a 2 mile journey will cost £4.85 in Edinburgh and a rip off :wink: £5.00 in Liverpool. Oh and Liverpool take a 25% surcharge at night.

Scouse Hibee
25-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Don't talk pish, according to league tables a 2 mile journey will cost £4.85 in Edinburgh and a rip off :wink: £5.00 in Liverpool. Oh and Liverpool take a 25% surcharge at night.

My arse .......................Utter pish take enough taxi's in Liverpool and Edinburgh to know what I'm talking about!

Gatecrasher
25-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Compared to livi, Edinburgh is cheap for cabs.

Killiehibbie
25-11-2011, 09:52 PM
My arse .......................Utter pish take enough taxi's in Liverpool and Edinburgh to know what I'm talking about!How can you argue with the official figures which has Liverpool at 249th and Edinburgh at 293rd most expensive in UK?

Pete
26-11-2011, 12:02 AM
How can you argue with the official figures which has Liverpool at 249th and Edinburgh at 293rd most expensive in UK?

He can't. He's wrong when he states that we are a "rip-off" and he's also wrong when he states that we are more expensive than Liverpool.

Facts are great at dispelling myths.

Scouse Hibee
26-11-2011, 12:58 PM
He can't. He's wrong when he states that we are a "rip-off" and he's also wrong when he states that we are more expensive than Liverpool.

Facts are great at dispelling myths.

Fact is when you get in a taxi and pay the fare, not some made up so called official figures. Apart from my own personal experience which proves my point, I have lost count of the number of groups of friends from work that have spent weekends in Liverpool and guess what they all come back and say the same thing " taxis are much cheaper in Liverpool" maybe we all just imagine it eh???
I have no idea why the official figures say otherwise but believe me I am not making it up. I guess you are probably a taxi driver and took offence at what I said for that reason, I have no axe to grind with Edinburgh taxi drivers indeed two of my mates are black cab drivers in Edinburgh I was simply stating the facts as I and others have found them having frequently used taxi's in Liverpool and Edinburgh. Please direct me to these tables as I am keen to explain this. Cheers.