PDA

View Full Version : You are Sir Tom farmer

Chibs
15-11-2011, 08:33 AM
O.K. you are stf and you have so much dosh and you cannot take it with you to the pearly gates.

In my humble opinion he has done a fantastic job so far.

The stadium and training ground are there.
All we need now is a team and manager.

success breeds success.

GGTTH Albert

1two
15-11-2011, 08:38 AM
O.K. you are stf and you have so much dosh and you cannot take it with you to the pearly gates.

In my humble opinion he has done a fantastic job so far.

The stadium and training ground are there.
All we need now is a team and manager.

success breeds success.

GGTTH Albert

Agreed, the board has done a fantastic job in recent years providing business stability, developing our infrastructure, stadium etc etc.

However, there comes a time when they have done all they can for the club. That time is now. We need someone with fresh ideas on our board who can move us forward in the direction we all want to go with a succesful football team. Thats why we're all here after all.

Phil D. Rolls
15-11-2011, 11:25 AM
I;m Tom Farmer. I've given you financial stability, a new stadium and as many trophies as any other chairman in 50 years. Still you whinge - sod this I'm off to the South of France to do things I'm really interested in. Good luck finding another mug to take the blame for your unrealistic imagninings.

cocopops1875
15-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Never thought is say this but I agree with filled rolls, well my STF is going to the usa

--------
15-11-2011, 11:32 AM
No.

I'M Sir Tom Farmer.

What do you mean, you want the team to start winning games?

I've given you ungrateful whingers a training ground, a brand-new stadium, and My Friend Rod to look after it all.

And you want a decent football team as well?

Shut up the lot of you or I'll sell the whole lot to my pals on the District Council. They know somebody who needs a stadium.

I am SIR TOM. I know where EVERY ONE OF YOU lives.

You'll be sorry! :spider:

Kaiser1962
15-11-2011, 11:42 AM
There are many and greater social injustices and needs that I would be leaving my money to other than football I'm afraid.

Hibbyradge
15-11-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm the real Tom Farmer.

I've been reading this messageboard a lot recently and I've been swayed by many of the arguments.

So, I've decided to give my family's inheritance to the new manager to spend on players despite the fact that we can't agree who he should be and we have no idea whether he'll be able to use it wisely or not.

Ultimately, all this money will end up in the pockets of agents and players, and Hibs and my family, will be left skint, but at least I'll have shown that I have ambition, which is the important thing.

Thank the lord for hibs.net.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t132/Cassmami/smiley/CRAZY.gif

greenlex
15-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Ive left the club in a position to stand on its own two feet. Im leaving my shares in a trust fund fir the leifh community and beyond. Have fun. Im offski.

mixumatosis
15-11-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm Sir Tom Farmer

What the hell am i doing sitting in a dingy office in the South Gyle ?

--------
15-11-2011, 11:56 AM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

(Snork!)

Eh? What? :yawn:

Thecat23
15-11-2011, 12:10 PM
I'm Sir Tom Farmer

What the hell am i doing sitting in a dingy office in the South Gyle ?

I'm STF and i'm also in a dingy office in South Gyle!!! A big glass one to be exact.

CmoantheHibs
15-11-2011, 12:50 PM
There are many and greater social injustices and needs that I would be leaving my money to other than football I'm afraid.
:agree: Although if I was in STF position at the same time I would have done the same. Im not so sure Id have the same patience to stick with it with all the ungratious whining that goes on though.

mixumatosis
15-11-2011, 01:13 PM
I'm STF and i'm also in a dingy office in South Gyle!!! A big glass one to be exact.

It sounds then as though you're in quite a nice office in a dingy South Gyle. I am in a genuinely dingy office, in a dingy South Gyle.

Anyway, why the hell are we here and when did we acquire a split personality and the ability to exist in two places at once ? I think Petrie needs to answer these questions.

Thecat23
15-11-2011, 01:20 PM
It sounds then as though you're in quite a nice office in a dingy South Gyle. I am in a genuinely dingy office, in a dingy South Gyle.

Anyway, why the hell are we here and when did we acquire a split personality and the ability to exist in two places at once ? I think Petrie needs to answer these questions.

Why you asking me? You already know the answer.. I'm just a fragment of you're imagination. Did i key this or you?

PatHead
15-11-2011, 01:46 PM
If I were Sir Tom I would look on the legacy I have left Hibs supporters and be proud of my achievements from saving the club to providing a first class stadium and training complex.

I would feel that I had done enough for the club with one exception, a legacy on the park. To prolong this legacy I would however appoint a Director of Football whose brief would be to carry out a route and branch review of the set up at Easter Road modelling it on the best, namely Barcelona. This would involve changing the culture of the staff and players setting a high standard of professionalism, identifying young talent and bringing it through a culture at Hibs, making relationships with major European clubs in order to get loan deals for their up and coming or returning from injury players. Allowing them the use of our training facilities for pre season training due to our cooler weather. (Over the past few years both Barcelona and Real Madrid have come to UK for training as the weather allows them double sessions without burning the players out.) Arranging for our players to benefit from bigger clubs training methods and theories. After a few years we could then compete with any club in Scotland and hopefully qualify for group stages of European tournaments.

PS I would also be peed off I had not had either the training ground or a stand named after me.......which my aler ego Pathead thinks is a disgrace.

Phil D. Rolls
15-11-2011, 02:04 PM
If I were Sir Tom I would look on the legacy I have left Hibs supporters and be proud of my achievements from saving the club to providing a first class stadium and training complex.

I would feel that I had done enough for the club with one exception, a legacy on the park. To prolong this legacy I would however appoint a Director of Football whose brief would be to carry out a route and branch review of the set up at Easter Road modelling it on the best, namely Barcelona. This would involve changing the culture of the staff and players setting a high standard of professionalism, identifying young talent and bringing it through a culture at Hibs, making relationships with major European clubs in order to get loan deals for their up and coming or returning from injury players. Allowing them the use of our training facilities for pre season training due to our cooler weather. (Over the past few years both Barcelona and Real Madrid have come to UK for training as the weather allows them double sessions without burning the players out.) Arranging for our players to benefit from bigger clubs training methods and theories. After a few years we could then compete with any club in Scotland and hopefully qualify for group stages of European tournaments.

PS I would also be peed off I had not had either the training ground or a stand named after me.......which my aler ego Pathead thinks is a disgrace.

Given that he has a town named after him, I think it's the least you can do for me. I don't ask much!

pentlando
15-11-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm Sir Tom Farmer, and Windows 7 was my idea :greengrin

Jones28
15-11-2011, 03:18 PM
I;m Tom Farmer. I've given you financial stability, a new stadium and as many trophies as any other chairman in 50 years. Still you whinge - sod this I'm off to the South of France to do things I'm really interested in. Good luck finding another mug to take the blame for your unrealistic imagninings.

:not worth

My sentiments exactly. IMHO Farmer has done more for this club than any Owner Hibs have had. A training complex, a state-of-the-art stadium, overseeing a fantastic youth set-up, saving the club from going out of business...

If you're a Hibs fan born in the last 20 or so years this is most stable it has ever been. Stable in a *****e way, but it really is the only way is up from here on. :flag:

Phil D. Rolls
15-11-2011, 04:38 PM
:not worth

My sentiments exactly. IMHO Farmer has done more for this club than any Owner Hibs have had. A training complex, a state-of-the-art stadium, overseeing a fantastic youth set-up, saving the club from going out of business...

If you're a Hibs fan born in the last 20 or so years this is most stable it has ever been. Stable in a *****e way, but it really is the only way is up from here on. :flag:

When I typed that, I forgot that we have won the league cup twice in Farmer's reign, putting him in front of Tom Hart and narrowly behind Harry Swan. What do people want - blood?

Kaiser1962
15-11-2011, 05:45 PM
When I typed that, I forgot that we have won the league cup twice in Farmer's reign, putting him in front of Tom Hart and narrowly behind Harry Swan. What do people want - blood?

I suspect so. As long as it's not theirs.

Eyrie
15-11-2011, 06:24 PM
I'm Sir Tom Farmer, and if you ingrates don't stop whining I'll slash your tyres.

Phil D. Rolls
15-11-2011, 07:57 PM
I suspect so. As long as it's not theirs.

:top marks Fantastic! :not worth

7Hero
16-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Im tom farmer, im bored with your club, only saved it as a bit of PR, its cost me nothing in the long run, whys there no decent players i can sell ?

Peevemor
16-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Im tom farmer, im bored with your club, only saved it as a bit of PR, its cost me nothing in the long run, whys there no decent players i can sell ?

Can you explain the bit in bold?

Kaiser1962
16-11-2011, 01:49 PM

Really? Please expand as it's news to me.