PDA

View Full Version : My God That Was Boring...

Dashing Bob S
14-11-2011, 09:17 PM
Thank heavens real football is back.

Bobby's Cinema
14-11-2011, 09:24 PM
:agree: This has been a really stop start season for it already

johnrebus
14-11-2011, 09:29 PM

I will put it a bit more bluntly......,

International football is *****.

In my humble opinion of course.

R'Albin
14-11-2011, 09:29 PM

:agree::flag::bgwa:

majorhibs
14-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Everybody to their ain. Dinnae like it dinnae view it. But fir heavens sake how about no trying to impose yer singular self centred views on others. Theres plenty of us who dinnae need to self flaggelate at the fact we can watch baith Hibs & Scotland wiout some sort o huge guilt trip, plenty else in my life to get hung up about but thats no it, how about you just leave that yin alone for a while cos its YOUR hang up, no ours, plenty folk grew up Hibs & Scotland supporters & if you & some others cannae deal wi it, theres always counselling...

heretoday
14-11-2011, 11:10 PM
International friendlies are ghastly. Imagine risking injury in a game of charades!

nortonhibby
14-11-2011, 11:21 PM

Harry Potter has not got a clue i did not watch the game and never bothered with the low lights England game was of more interest.

nonshinyfinish
15-11-2011, 12:02 AM
Everybody to their ain. Dinnae like it dinnae view it. But fir heavens sake how about no trying to impose yer singular self centred views on others. Theres plenty of us who dinnae need to self flaggelate at the fact we can watch baith Hibs & Scotland wiout some sort o huge guilt trip, plenty else in my life to get hung up about but thats no it, how about you just leave that yin alone for a while cos its YOUR hang up, no ours, plenty folk grew up Hibs & Scotland supporters & if you & some others cannae deal wi it, theres always counselling...

Perhaps if you dinnae like threads about international football being crap, then dinnae view them?

Personally, I love watching the Euros or a World Cup, although I can't get excited about Scotland in the same way that I do about Hibs. But I'm happy to accommodate people's opinions either way. Why get worked up about someone else's views on international football? :dunno:

Future17
15-11-2011, 12:07 AM
Harry Potter has not got a clue i did not watch the game and never bothered with the low lights England game was of more interest.

But was it really?

I think the Scotland game was more entertaining as a spectacle. There were only 4 shots on target in the England game. 11 in the Scotland match.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-11-2011, 10:18 AM
I was in Cyprus last Wed-Sat morning, then Cologne until Sunday night, wasnae boring in the slightest!

Alex Trager
15-11-2011, 10:24 AM
?

frazeHFC
15-11-2011, 10:30 AM
The U21 game was brilliant, i enjoyed that. :agree:

Musselbound
15-11-2011, 12:14 PM
I enjoy international breaks. And they usually gives me a renewed enthusiasm for the club games that I wouldn't feel otherwise.

--------
15-11-2011, 12:43 PM
I enjoy international breaks. And they usually gives me a renewed enthusiasm for the club games that I wouldn't feel otherwise.

This one has filled me with a terrible sense of foreboding that what's horrible right now can only get worse.... :rolleyes:

Friendlies are simply training games. By and large they're always boring.

To think that ...

1. Harry Potter's team was ever going to play in an attractive attacking style;
2. That Harry Potter's team playing a less-than-full-strength Cyprus side was going to be worth watching;
3. That the TV presentation with Scottish (i.e. ill-informed and inarticulate) commentators was going to be anything other than emetic;

and ...

4. That the whole charade really matters a hill of beans in any sense of the words ...

... means you're probably living on a planet I'd really prefer not to visit. :yawn: