PDA

View Full Version : Brown on Moving Hibernian Forward

Billy
14-11-2011, 03:29 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111114/brown-on-unified-approach_2262950_2515632

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV9hrp1IZrc

Makaveli
14-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Fair play to BB - a very candid interview saying in no uncertain terms that the players "were responsible for the manager losing his job."

It would have been easier for Brown to distance himself CC (who's no longer here to defend himself) rather than criticise the players he has to work with. Obviously he's taking no shlt.

NorthNorfolkHFC
14-11-2011, 04:02 PM
He is very honest, I like it. I like how he is keen to try his own ideas out over the time he has in charge. It will be interesting what HIS ideas are when picking a starting 11.

Aldo
14-11-2011, 04:04 PM
He is very honest, I like it. I like how he is keen to try his own ideas out over the time he has in charge. It will be interesting what HIS ideas are when picking a starting 11.

Yeah starting by playing players in their proper positions and giving the team some balance.

Andy74
14-11-2011, 04:15 PM

I hope he never has to pick a starting 11!

Speedway
14-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Clearly Bobby's assessed the players and thought 'Two can play at that game'

Chibs
14-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Yup,I Think a very good interview and came accross very welll.

Still don't think he is the man for the job but hope he proves me wrong.

Walter
14-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Hope he has got them running up the dunes

3pm
14-11-2011, 05:18 PM
He doesn't rate a good number of them.

NorthNorfolkHFC
14-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Yeah starting by playing players in their proper positions and giving the team some balance.

Hopefully, no doubt my spirits will be high on Saturday as they were prior to the dunfermline game. Maybe they will remain high!!!

I hope he never has to pick a starting 11!

Looks like he will have a fairly big say with the team on Saturday as there is no manager in yet and not enough time for them to assess!!! Obviously when 'Martin' O'Neill arrives on Wednesday, he and BB will sit down and have a natter about where Spoony is best and whether Tam McCourt should be pitch side!!!

JustSimplyHibs
14-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Hopefully, no doubt my spirits will be high on Saturday as they were prior to the dunfermline game. Maybe they will remain high!!!

Looks like he will have a fairly big say with the team on Saturday as there is no manager in yet and not enough time for them to assess!!! Obviously when 'Martin' O'Neill arrives on Wednesday, he and BB will sit down and have a natter about where Spoony is best and whether Tam McCourt should be pitch side!!!

You've heard that he is getting offered that 'mega bucks' contract as well, glad it aint just me, thought it was next Friday he was arriving though :greengrin

down-the-slope
14-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Sounded genuinly gutted for CC...also interesting that CC was in to see players Thursday (shows again he is genuine person not accepting being punted during break and not seeing players)
Good that BB has pointed out 'in no uncertain terms' that the players were part of the manager getting sacked and have not been good enough

greenlex
14-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Sounded genuinly gutted for CC...also interesting that CC was in to see players Thursday (shows again he is genuine person not accepting being punted during break and not seeing players)
Good that BB has pointed out 'in no uncertain terms' that the players were part of the manager getting sacked and have not been good enough

Maybe he was just clearing his drawers.:greengrin

BEEJ
14-11-2011, 09:18 PM
For the first time in a while I feel that someone on the coaching staff has identified the key problems and is dealing with them.

BB is certainly a more inspiring communicator than CC ever was. Hopefully that will pay dividends in the dressing room as well.

joe breezy
14-11-2011, 09:45 PM
He definitely wants the job....'own ideas' etc....

givescotlandfreedom
14-11-2011, 09:51 PM
BB's the sort of guy we need at the club IMO. If he doesn't get the gig I hope the new man keeps him on here.

Brebners Bookie
14-11-2011, 11:31 PM
BB's the sort of guy we need at the club IMO. If he doesn't get the gig I hope the new man keeps him on here.

Agreed

brydekirk
15-11-2011, 02:30 AM
Agreed Me tae, things have to be said the way they r bb will get the message across.

IWasThere2016
15-11-2011, 06:11 AM

Totally agree.

ScottB
15-11-2011, 08:43 AM
Clearly Bobby's assessed the players and thought 'Two can play at that game'

:top marksBravo!

Yeah, I also like BB, hope he stays on in some fashion!

matty_f
15-11-2011, 08:50 AM
I think it's interesting that BB clearly doesn't think the players have been working hard enough, or that the training was good enough (he's not exactly said that, but it's implied by the fact that he feels the need to change it, and he emphasises that he's going to get the players to work hard.).

I wonder if he had the conversation with CC while he was here, outlining his concerns and making recommendations on how to sort it out?

I like his attitude to the club, I like that he doesn't think the players have done enough - it's something that's been lacking at the club since Collins' tried to sort it out.

It would be good to see BB retained at the club on the backroom staff, but I suppose that will need to be the decision of the new manager.

Andy74
15-11-2011, 09:11 AM
I think it's interesting that BB clearly doesn't think the players have been working hard enough, or that the training was good enough (he's not exactly said that, but it's implied by the fact that he feels the need to change it, and he emphasises that he's going to get the players to work hard.).

I wonder if he had the conversation with CC while he was here, outlining his concerns and making recommendations on how to sort it out?

I like his attitude to the club, I like that he doesn't think the players have done enough - it's something that's been lacking at the club since Collins' tried to sort it out.

It would be good to see BB retained at the club on the backroom staff, but I suppose that will need to be the decision of the new manager.

My thoughts too. There is no point hearing this from someone who was already at the club in a position to influence this.

Sure he wasn't the manager and may have been over-ruled but it just smacks of saying the right thing just now to me. Nothing wrong with that but I'm not expecting a huge change this week. I'd be amazed if they suddenly reacted to BB in a way they didn't do fully when he was already assistant and training them every day.

stubru59
15-11-2011, 09:24 AM
My thoughts too. There is no point hearing this from someone who was already at the club in a position to influence this.

Sure he wasn't the manager and may have been over-ruled but it just smacks of saying the right thing just now to me. Nothing wrong with that but I'm not expecting a huge change this week. I'd be amazed if they suddenly reacted to BB in a way they didn't do fully when he was already assistant and training them every day.

No doubt the fitness and organisational side of things could be improved upon. But that will take time. Whoever gets the job will need to quickly shift some of the dead-wood.

Matty_Jack04
15-11-2011, 11:52 AM
No doubt the fitness and organisational side of things could be improved upon. But that will take time. Whoever gets the job will need to quickly shift some of the dead-wood.

Dead wood like who? Half the team haven't been at the club more than a year.

I'm also sorry to say that I don't agree with all the BB worshipping going on, pumped by the yams twice bottom 6 fodder at killie and pumped by Bradford hardly an inspiring candidate for the big job and hardly an inspiring choice of number 2 for whoever the new man is going to be.
BB and FJK both as a pairing and single have taken a roasting off us for a number of years I'm not changing my opinion of the man just because he's suddenly employed by us, BB is no different to having the fat chap at the helm and we wouldn't want that.

for me the new man MUST in time clear out all the backroom staff.

calumb
15-11-2011, 12:17 PM

I don't agree with this, when CC took over from Yogi yes there was players that needed moving on but the current team by and large are good players and the team should not be in the position it is.
They are certainly all better players than those of the teams around us in the league. To me our problem is all our players seem to be unable to perform to any level of consistency over 90 minutes.

Take Hanlon for example, he has been slated on here for his part in the team losing goals but for every goal he has helped us concede he has done something brilliant to prevent another and the same could be said for most of the other players in the team.

Maybe it has been all down to the way we have been training or lack of it, maybe we have had a absentee manager this season and all thats needed is a manager to come in and start working them.

Maybe BB is just the man to do just that.

easty
15-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Under CC I felt we needed a BB type to come in and give the players a kick up the erse.

Now that CC is gone, I'd hope we bring in a manager who's capable of doing that himself. I hope that whoever we bring in doesn't need BB there, I'd not lose a wink of sleep if he was no longer associated with Hibs.

That said if the new manager comes in and sits down with BB, then decides it'd be good to keep him around, I'll trust that decision. Unless that new man is JJ, in which case I'll cry. Or JC, in which case we're doomed.

calumb
15-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Under CC I felt we needed a BB type to come in and give the players a kick up the erse.

Now that CC is gone, I'd hope we bring in a manager who's capable of doing that himself. I hope that whoever we bring in doesn't need BB there, I'd not lose a wink of sleep if he was no longer associated with Hibs.

That said if the new manager comes in and sits down with BB, then decides it'd be good to keep him around, I'll trust that decision. Unless that new man is JJ, in which case I'll cry. Or JC, in which case we're doomed.

I agree but i do hope that the new manager is allowed to make that decision and that the back room staff falls into the "footballing" category that Hibs managers have full control over.