PDA

View Full Version : Clubstore- stock

Hibs_SW
14-11-2011, 10:08 AM
This has probably been posted numerous times before but just thought I'd share my rant! Why do hibs get one delivery of tops and then once out of stock that's it!? Pretty ridiculous! Trying to buy the thistle top for my nephews Christmas but apparently out of stock and they won't be getting anymore backin!!!!

Hermit Crab
14-11-2011, 10:12 AM
This has probably been posted numerous times before but just thought I'd share my rant! Why do hibs get one delivery of tops and then once out of stock that's it!? Pretty ridiculous! Trying to buy the thistle top for my nephews Christmas but apparently out of stock and they won't be getting anymore backin!!!!

I'm sure that was only a limited edition kit mate. Can anyone on here confirm?

hibee_girl
14-11-2011, 10:32 AM
I'm sure that was only a limited edition kit mate. Can anyone on here confirm?

:agree:

It is a limited edition kit, they said that when it was first released.

I tried to get one for my cousin's birthday, they didn't have his size so I got the next size up, he'll grow into it :greengrin

Hibs_SW
14-11-2011, 10:58 AM
That's pants :( thanks for confirming guys! Should have been quicker at checking his Christmas list!

SuperEddieT
14-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Football Nation in Lothian Road stocks Hibs shirts now but unsure if they have the Thistle top.

green glory
14-11-2011, 01:26 PM
I was in the shop a week or so ago, the wee guy working there was telling me there will be a couple of new retro tops coming in soon. One is meant to be like the 'Stanton' but without the striped collar etc, so must be a replica of the mid-70's top. He also mentioned there woul be a 50's style one too. Sometimes you need to go in as the website doesn't always have everything that's available in the shop. Dunno about the Thistle kit though.

fat freddy
14-11-2011, 03:31 PM
i went in on saturday after the under 19's match...i was looking for the new hibs book 'we are hibernian'....they dont stock it but a member of staff said i could get it at waterstones...i asked why they dont stock it and the staff member said she didn't know...she was then told by one of her workmates that she's not supposed to tell the public that other shops stock the book...i cant help feeling that hibs are missing a trick with the merchandise that they stock...they should have a library with every book ever written on the club as thats the sort of stuff that shifts at this time of year...at the moment they only seem to stock recently published books.

i also have a minor gripe concerning the wording of the window display...it reads 'opponents lose all hope when they get us down the slope'....when i pointed out to a member of staff the incorrect wording from the song he said,''aye, a few folk have said that''...but still they dont correct the error!...if i didn't know better i would think there was non hibbies working behind the scenes at our club :rolleyes:

big-mo
14-11-2011, 04:44 PM
i went in on saturday after the under 19's match...i was looking for the new hibs book 'we are hibernian'....they dont stock it but a member of staff said i could get it at waterstones...i asked why they dont stock it and the staff member said she didn't know...she was then told by one of her workmates that she's not supposed to tell the public that other shops stock the book...i cant help feeling that hibs are missing a trick with the merchandise that they stock...they should have a library with every book ever written on the club as thats the sort of stuff that shifts at this time of year...at the moment they only seem to stock recently published books.

i also have a minor gripe concerning the wording of the window display...it reads 'opponents lose all hope when they get us down the slope'....when i pointed out to a member of staff the incorrect wording from the song he said,''aye, a few folk have said that''...but still they dont correct the error!...if i didn't know better i would think there was non hibbies working behind the scenes at our club :rolleyes:
They do not sell it because of some of the content is not, how would you say, suitable as a family read.

DH1875
14-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Have they not got a 3 for 2 promo going on for Christmas at the moment? Maybe some folks are taking advantage :greengrin.

Ollie75
14-11-2011, 07:27 PM

can't use the correct line as it infringes copyright. and yes the content of the book was deemed unacceptable for sale in store. Have a bit of faith there tend to be very good reasons for everything that they do, and there are some proper die-hard Hibees that work there! Just not on the board!

wearehibernian
19-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Thought I would respond to this to clarify that We are Hibernian is unfortunately not available in the club shop.

On match days you can find it for sale in the Hibs Supporters club at Sunnyside and the programme shop on Albion Road. We hope to have it available in other locations close to the ground, so I will update when this happens.
It is available in all Waterstones branches around Edinburgh as well as Dunfermline and Livingston. You can also find it in Blackwells on the bridges and several smaller book shops in and around Leith.

On line you can go to: www.luath.co.uk (http://www.luath.co.uk/) and amazon.co.uk

I have pasted the synopsis below here for those that haven’t heard about the book:

A collection of real supporters talking about their real life experiences all with one thing in common – the team they love!
Football wouldn’t be the same without its fans. We Are Hibernian: the fans’ story pays homage to voices from the terraces, lovers of the game and what it means to be a true ‘Hibee’. The book illuminates the sights and sounds that have come to represent the spirit of the game and includes tales from high profile supporters such as Irvine Welsh, Dougray Scott, The Proclaimers and Dick Gaughan. Full of witty stories and football philosophies We are Hibernian is sure to keep all fans of the beautiful game entertained.

Scooter
19-11-2011, 11:30 AM
can't use the correct line as it infringes copyright. and yes the content of the book was deemed unacceptable for sale in store. Have a bit of faith there tend to be very good reasons for everything that they do, and there are some proper die-hard Hibees that work there! Just not on the board!

infringes what copyright paul