PDA

View Full Version : Michael O’Neill; Gordon Strachan; Billy Davis

Jack
14-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Forgive me if I’m wrong but I can only see three credible options for the managers position at Hibs from among all the names touted. Most of those ‘named’ in the media to fill pages during a quiet international break and have no more chance of being named as our manager than I do.

In no particular order;

Michael O’Neill; Gordon Strachan; Billy Davis

Each one very different in style and what they would bring to our club.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to put yourself in Scott Lindsay’s shoes. These are the guys on the short list; the recommendations you and Fife are putting to the board and the one that should be our priority target is …. and why?

PS I have absolutely no insider knowledge.

Hermit Crab
14-11-2011, 10:00 AM
I voted for Billy Davis because I believe he can motivate teams and get the best out players and get them playing for each other, his record is good and has an eye for a player. He does like to spend big though. He also doesn't take any pash from over zealous chairmen. :greengrin

smurf
14-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Billy Davies.

Michael O'Neil its the ex player route again... had he played for the Yams 1993-1996 I really doubt he would be linked. He has an impressive cv thus far no doubt but is he a 'leader of men'? Experienced enough in the lower Scottish League and Irish League?

Gordon Strachan would be a shot in the arm no doubt. It would be an impressive appointment. Would signal our intent.

Billy Davies for me though. Not so sure i like his snarling personality but he's exactly what we need. Despite our mediocrity Easter Road and East Mains has become too cosy...

happiehibbie
14-11-2011, 10:49 AM
I voted for micheal o neil but would love to have strachan BUT i dont think we have the funds to make Strachan a sucess

bawheid
14-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Forgive me if I’m wrong but I can only see three credible options for the managers position at Hibs

There's a 7 pager on John Collins. :wink:

Elephant Stone
14-11-2011, 10:54 AM
I'd be equally happy with O'Neill or Davies and pretty worried if we took Strachan.

Walter
14-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Celtic haven't exactly flourished since Strapon left though have they....

calumb
14-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Celtic haven't exactly flourished since Strapon left though have they....

No but they were hardly great to watch when he was there, which was the reason the celtc fans wanted rid.

Billy Davies would be good but only if he lived up here.

Michael O'Neill would get my vote as he has taken a part time team and transformed them into a team capable of competing in europe, he knows how to set a team up as he proved when his reserve team was easily able to contain our first team in the friendly a couple of years ago.

Franck is God
14-11-2011, 11:13 AM
No but they were hardly great to watch when he was there, which was the reason the celtc fans wanted rid.

Just an excuse really, the reason they wanted rid was because he refused to take the pledge. For him it was a job and nothing more, he wasn't Sellick minded.....

Elephant Stone
14-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Just an excuse really, the reason they wanted rid was because he refused to take the pledge. For him it was a job and nothing more, he wasn't Sellick minded.....

I've heard this a few times, where does this sh*t come from?

calumb
14-11-2011, 11:18 AM

aye perhaps, but they were pretty gash to watch despite the resources he had. Strachan would bring a siege mentallity with him so maybe that would be a good thing.

Beefster
14-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Billy Davies. Sustained record of success and turning around under-performing clubs.

Board will avoid him like the plague though.

Franck is God
14-11-2011, 11:29 AM
I've heard this a few times, where does this sh*t come from?

Well maybe from the thought that it's true, its the same to a lesser extent at ER. Former favourites/confessed fans will always get an easier ride from certain sections of the fan base.

When Strachan turned up at Celtic he was simply a Hibs fan from Edinburgh that played for Dundee & Aberdeen and was realistic about the size of the club and didn't pander to their fans or the media about how it was him dream to be there and how secretly he wore a sellick shirt underneath his Manchester Utd one so his skin wouldn't be burned.....

Fans of any club get carried away with stuff like that but they seem to need to hear it even if it isn't true to accept them. Can you imagine the fans reaction if Strachan was manager now with Lennon's record?

Elephant Stone
14-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Well maybe from the thought that it's true, its the same to a lesser extent at ER. Former favourites/confessed fans will always get an easier ride from certain sections of the fan base.

When Strachan turned up at Celtic he was simply a Hibs fan from Edinburgh that played for Dundee & Aberdeen and was realistic about the size of the club and didn't pander to their fans or the media about how it was him dream to be there and how secretly he wore a sellick shirt underneath his Manchester Utd one so his skin wouldn't be burned.....

Fans of any club get carried away with stuff like that but they seem to need to hear it even if it isn't true to accept them. Can you imagine the fans reaction if Strachan was manager now with Lennon's record?

Strachan wasn't liked by some of the Celtic fans because "he didn't take the pledge" and wasn't "Celtic minded" you said. What does it take to be Celtic minded? Was Jock Stein Celtic minded?

Franck is God
14-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Strachan wasn't liked by some of the Celtic fans because "he didn't take the pledge" and wasn't "Celtic minded" you said. What does it take to be Celtic minded? Was Jock Stein Celtic minded?

Not quite sure why you want to argue about this?

I picked Strachan on the poll as I think he would be an excellent Hibs manager, he has all the qualities I am looking for for our next appointment and gave my reasons to why I believe he was not well liked by the Celtic fans and why that shouldn't concern anyone at ER should he be appointed.

Jack
14-11-2011, 11:53 AM
There's a 7 pager on John Collins. :wink:

All about opinions bawheid. :greengrin

And IMO there could be a 70 pager on John Collins but it wont mean he's any closer to coming back as our manager. The bottom line is that he walked out on the Club as he felt, for whatever reasons (and I don’t think we need to go there), he could not work with the board / hierarchy at the club. Although there are different roles the board / hierarchy at the club is virtually the same as when he left. I think JC is an honourable man and true to his beliefs, but most of all stubborn, so not for turning. For that reason I didn’t include him as a credible option. :aok:

Chibs
14-11-2011, 11:55 AM
This is an extremely difficult choice to make as all three have their merits.

MON was my choice and I have my reasons.

He is extremely intelligent and has a great desire to succeed (in my opinion).
Played for us so will know a bit how it feels to be a Hibby.
Cash wise probably the least expensive(wages and budget).

Career wise I think he would stay 2 years if successful then move on to better things.(premiership)
but who knows certainly not me.

GS If the money to pay his wages and give him the budget to succeed,then he would be my first choice.
He has played at the highest level and under probably the greatest manager ever.
So hopefully he has picked up a few things in his career.

BD Don't know much about this guy other than he is tough on discipline.
Perhaps what Hibs need.

However after many years supporting Hibernian Football Club I have seen many managers now
and so many have been gash.
however there is not one I did not welcome with open arms when they got the job.

So whoever gets the job I will wish them all success and GGTTH

.Sean.
14-11-2011, 11:56 AM
You're in dreamland if you think we'll end up with Davies. Strachan is in the same boat as Davies, chequebook manager who wouldn't be able to work with the budget thet would be given at Hibs. If O'Neill hadn't played with the club, he wouldn't have even been quoted for the job.

Elephant Stone
14-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Not quite sure why you want to argue about this?

I picked Strachan on the poll as I think he would be an excellent Hibs manager, he has all the qualities I am looking for for our next appointment and gave my reasons to why I believe he was not well liked by the Celtic fans and why that shouldn't concern anyone at ER should he be appointed.

It's not really important I suppose but it's just something that annoys me, it's usually said with something like he wasn't popular because he wasn't a Catholic, which is obviously ridiculous. I'd say he wasn't popular because because he tended to be pretty irritating.

More importantly though, I think Hibs should stay well clear because of his record at clubs where winning isn't as easy as it is at Celtc. Coventry - 32% win rate, Southampton- 35% and Middlesbrough- 28%(in the Championship, where they should be contending promotion).

allezsauzee
14-11-2011, 11:59 AM
You're in dreamland if you think we'll end up with Davies. Strachan is in the same boat as Davies, chequebook manager who wouldn't be able to work with the budget thet would be given at Hibs. If O'Neill hadn't played with the club, he wouldn't have even been quoted for the job.

So when did Billy Davies spend his way to success?

superfurryhibby
14-11-2011, 12:02 PM

The Celtic board offered him the job of managing the Celtic Pools when they felt it was time for Stein to take a backseat. I think this was viewed by many fans as a source of embarrassment. It was rumoured that they didn't consider him for a boardroom position because he wasn't Celtic minded enough, ie: he wasn't a catholic.

I would prefer Strachan in the post. Billy Davies also has the credentials, albeit that he was nasty wee bassa as a player and doesn't seem to have improved with age.

PatHead
14-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Would have preferred Sturrock but from these choices MON's the man. I feel with Davies that he would be away in a year or two as he has a bit of a record of doing this after a wee board fallout.

horseflesh
14-11-2011, 12:11 PM
So when did Billy Davies spend his way to success?
Good point - He spent a fortune at Motherwell and took them into adminstration and they were still gash

erin go bragh
14-11-2011, 12:17 PM

Dont know about that as m o n has went over and turned a mid table team into back to back champions and the first ever irish team to make it into the group stages of europe ,
whether he had played with us or not surley he would be on our boards short list of managers .

ggtth

ajay4hibs
14-11-2011, 12:18 PM
would definetly take strachan, already accomplished manager in the spl, has plenty of contacts in scotland and england for signings, would be great if we could get him!

SneakersO'Toole
14-11-2011, 12:18 PM
I keep reading that MON wouldn't be linked with the vacant Hibs position if he hadn't played for us in the 90's. How exactly do people come to this conclusion?

He has recently been linked with the St. Johnstone post and Dundee Utd (if available). Both of these teams are better than us currently.

He is being linked with Hibs because he is clearly a young, ambitious and talented manager with potential. I think its insulting to MON that people feel he is being linked simply because of the 'ex-player' tag.

--------
14-11-2011, 12:20 PM
O'Neill has done very well with Rovers but I'm not sure he's the man to sort out the problems we have right now.

Strachan and Davies would expect to have a budget - this would be a good test of how serious Farmer and Petrie are about sorting things out - and neither would take much nonsense or interference in team matters from anyone. Unfortunately neither of them really excites me, and I'd have thought that both of them would be approached from clubs in England sooner rather than later - and there we are, back to square one.

IMO we need a hard man right now - put a bit of stick about, make them jump, take no nonsense from anyone either on the training-pitch or the boardroom, deflate egos and bang empty heads together.

Maybe we need to go down to rise again.... :hmmm:

offshorehibby
14-11-2011, 12:28 PM
As another poster says, a hard choice and all have positives.

I've went with O'Neill, he's an intelligent ambitious guy who knows what he wants. Whether he's got the stronger character to take Hibs forward god only knows. If he wants to progress into english football he knows he'll have to succeed with us. That's were the down side comes, he'd probably be away within 2 years.

Billy Davies for me is the proven one between all 3. Whether he could build a team on Hibs budget we wont know till he takes the job. Again the worry would be his disappearance down south when the first championship side comes a calling.

I am worming more and more to Strachan all the time. Strachan i think could be there for the long haul if we get him in and he is successful. He's living back in the Edinburgh area and i believe he's happy to stay here. Strachan could be the man to build a Man U style dynasty in Leith.

Jack
14-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Just to chuck a wee micro spanner in the works, and again this is just my opinion. :rolleyes:

Cheque book managers are a thing of the past at all levels of the game other than the clubs at the very panicle, Champions League and the top of the EPL, and even then most of these clubs balance their transfer books between seasons.

Managers like Strachan and Davis, even if they were cheque book managers in the past, will have to show a more prudent approach if they are to be sought after by most clubs in the EPL or Championship.

And just to add also that what offshore said about GS and Edinburgh is one of the main factors for him being included as one of the three.

Andy74
14-11-2011, 12:56 PM
It's not really important I suppose but it's just something that annoys me, it's usually said with something like he wasn't popular because he wasn't a Catholic, which is obviously ridiculous. I'd say he wasn't popular because because he tended to be pretty irritating.

More importantly though, I think Hibs should stay well clear because of his record at clubs where winning isn't as easy as it is at Celtc. Coventry - 32% win rate, Southampton- 35% and Middlesbrough- 28%(in the Championship, where they should be contending promotion).

Though you need to take into account where he took over those clubs and even where they are now.

Middlesbrough I'd accept as a bad job.

Coventry weren't expecred to stay up in the top league when he took over. They did and for another 3 or 4 years. now they'd love to be in the top league.

Southampton were another set for the drop. He took them to 8th, the FA cup final and Europe.

He might have had cash at Celtic but so did Rangers. He won titles by clear margins and was last 16 in the champions League twice. Lost to AC Milan who went on to win, after extra time only. Beat the holders AC Milan the following year.

All of those teams would take those sorts of positions now. A bit too easy just to look at the stats or dismiss what was achieved with Celtic.

In any case it's a better record than just about anyone else we could vaguely tempt. By a long way.

For what it's worth I'd be ahppy with any of the 3 in this poll.

smurf
14-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Look at the way Billy Davies completely almost over night transformed a struggling championship club Derby to get them into the Premiership.

News to me that he spent to do it?

Where does this cheque book manager tag on him come from?

SuperEddieT
14-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Gordon Strachan for me as his SPL experience is what really counts & on that basis I would have Davies as a close second. TBH, if any of the three were appointed i'd be fairly happy.

Just get on with it!!!!

Paisley Hibby
14-11-2011, 01:09 PM
All those in favour of Strachan might want to read this! http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/boro-fc/boro-fc-news/2010/10/06/boro-fans-verdict-on-boss-gordon-strachan-84229-27407492/

NOLA
14-11-2011, 01:24 PM
i think Davies would be off like a shot soon as a decent english team showed interest.

Franck Stanton
14-11-2011, 01:26 PM

Getting really fed up with the "If he hadn't played with the club he wouldn't have even been quoted for the job " crap. It would now appear we are holding this against any candidate. OKAY, leave aside the fact he played for us , examine his credentials as a manager. Now tell me, you honestly believe he couldn't do a job for us. Jees, he is being quoted by many because he has been successful as a manager, not because he played for us.

Melvin Hibs
14-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Getting really fed up with the "If he hadn't played with the club he wouldn't have even been quoted for the job " crap. It would now appear we are holding this against any candidate. OKAY, leave aside the fact he played for us , examine his credentials as a manager. Now tell me, you honestly believe he couldn't do a job for us. Jees, he is being quoted by many because he has been successful as a manager, not because he played for us.

:agree:

You just have to look what he has achieved with Rovers in Ireland and in Europe. MON is the one for me!

LincolnshireHib
14-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Nigel Worthington!! As he's not an option, I'd go for O'Neill. It'd be nice to see a potential up and coming manager do something at Hibs. Potential being they key word, maybe MON needs a Division 1 or an English League 2 team first.

Strachan spalshed the relative cash at Southampton and Celtic. He failed miserably at Middlesborough and Coventry City though, a checkered record to say the least.

Billy Davies has done well at Preston, Derby and Forest but he does have a habit of throwing his dummy out of the pram...so I'd still plump for NW or MON

basehibby
14-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Michael O'Neill for me - cos he's showing genuine promise as a manager rather than just because he used to play for us a while back!

If that was the only reason I wanted MON then I'd be touting Gareth Evans, Keith Wright, Paul kane and Mickey Weir as well FFS :rolleyes:

The fact he's an ex-player is no bad thing though as he knows the club and we have a slightly better chance of landing him - that is all.

PS - Strachan or Davies would also be good appointments although I'd feel we'd missed an opportunity with O'Neill.

Dashing Bob S
14-11-2011, 02:52 PM
MON for me - in spite of his Hibs credentials. Taking Rovers to the Europa League knock out stages is almost as staggering as Graham Rix's achievement in winning Hearts the champions league. In fact, if Rixy wasn't a Jambo short-eyes we could do worse.

Franck Stanton
14-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Since my last post on this subject ther have been 4 posters all expressing more or less the same view, that is , agreeing that the fact M.O. is being quoted for nthe job on his managerial skills and not just because he once played for us, so lets put that expression to bed eh lads, if you think he isn't up to the job, then at least give a valid reason other than jumping on the " ex-player" bandwagon. That's it, I'm off my soap-box now, rant over.

calumb
14-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Since my last post on this subject ther have been 4 posters all expressing more or less the same view, that is , agreeing that the fact M.O. is being quoted for nthe job on his managerial skills and not just because he once played for us, so lets put that expression to bed eh lads, if you think he isn't up to the job, then at least give a valid reason other than jumping on the " ex-player" bandwagon. That's it, I'm off my soap-box now, rant over.

All you will get is "i don't want an ex player" as if this somehow makes him an idiot to be advoided, when our worst 2 managers ever , calderwood and duffy never played for the club.

You will also get "he has never managed in the spl" when the reality is that the the LOI is not much difference to the spl and if you actually watch the matches you will see that probably because its played during the summer on better surfaces that nearly all the teams actually try to play football which is what Hibs fans want to see the team playing.

You will get "he has never managed a big club" when if you believe half the stories on here we a team that trains 2 hours a day for 3 days a week and we give scouting roles to the directors familiy, hardly the sign of a big club.

If anyone saw the match Rovers played against spurs at white hart you would have seen a team well set up against far better opponents and despite being part-time was able to compete with an epl side. If our lot had played that night they would have been chasing shadows and embarassed themselves and Scotland.

Walter
14-11-2011, 05:15 PM
All you will get is "i don't want an ex player" as if this somehow makes him an idiot to be advoided, when our worst 2 managers ever , calderwood and duffy never played for the club.

You will also get "he has never managed in the spl" when the reality is that the the LOI is not much difference to the spl and if you actually watch the matches you will see that probably because its played during the summer on better surfaces that nearly all the teams actually try to play football which is what Hibs fans want to see the team playing.

You will get "he has never managed a big club" when if you believe half the stories on here we a team that trains 2 hours a day for 3 days a week and we give scouting roles to the directors familiy, hardly the sign of a big club.

If anyone saw the match Rovers played against spurs at white hart you would have seen a team well set up against far better opponents and despite being part-time was able to compete with an epl side. If our lot had played that night they would have been chasing shadows and embarassed themselves and Scotland.

Could we compare what they did that night to what another SPL did against Spurs this season?

Beefster
14-11-2011, 05:28 PM
i think Davies would be off like a shot soon as a decent english team showed interest.

So what? If he left a decent team and improved footballing dept., I wouldn't care. Better than employing a manager no-one else wants.

calumb
14-11-2011, 05:37 PM
So what? If he left a decent team and improved footballing dept., I wouldn't care. Better than employing a manager no-one else wants.

Exactly, give me two years with a Tony Mowbray than ten years with an Alex Miller any day.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Michael O'Neil for me. Strachan has lost his appetite for managing IMO and if we hire him as a big name, I think he will see it as him doing us a favour because he is a Hibs supporter at heart. Davies has too much conceit of himself and he will want the job offered rather than apply. I would say that MON would have most credibility, in saying that he wants to be Hibs manager. The other two could only claim that they want to be managers and that Hibs will do, for now.

smurf
14-11-2011, 05:48 PM

Exactly. The objective of the next appointment is surely to see him leave us in a better state than when he arrives...

calumb
14-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Exactly. The objective of the next appointment is surely to see him leave us in a better state than when he arrives...

And if we can persuade Michael O'Neill to come here then i am sure he would do just that

silverhibee
14-11-2011, 06:25 PM

What pledge. :confused:

BEEJ
14-11-2011, 06:28 PM

You missed, "he has never organised the cake run for the players on a Friday".

Lago
14-11-2011, 06:31 PM
I think that Hibs will be in no hurry to appoint a new manager, probaly let it drift on in the hope that billy brown will prove to be the answer to all their problems, for what its worth to me there's not a chance of G.S. coming to ER

smurf
14-11-2011, 06:38 PM
And if we can persuade Michael O'Neill to come here then i am sure he would do just that

Had he not played for us I doubt he would be quoted so not convinced.

Kaiser1962
14-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Look at the way Billy Davies completely almost over night transformed a struggling championship club Derby to get them into the Premiership.

News to me that he spent to do it?

Where does this cheque book manager tag on him come from?

From his days at Forest when he spent loads of money and failed to gain promotion.

I would not let Strachan or Davies anywhere near ER. Both would end in tears.

calumb
14-11-2011, 06:41 PM
You missed, "he has never organised the cake run for the players on a Friday".

ach i never thought of that, maybe he's no the right man for the job after all.

calumb
14-11-2011, 06:44 PM

Yes maybe the fact he played for us and apparently still has a house in Edinburgh will help us persuade him to come here.

CapitalHibs
14-11-2011, 09:13 PM
:hmmm::hmmm:http://www.football365.com/rangers/7308922/Berg-available-for-Hibs-talks

Dinnae ken if this guy is desparate for the job or no:dunno:

marleyhib
15-11-2011, 12:02 AM
Can't see Billy Davies or Strachan happening. Both would do a good job I am sure and wouldn't take any meddling by the board on singings. Both would want more money than we have to buy players, we can't afford to get into lots of debt for a quick turnaround.

Loved MON as a player, seems to be doing well in Ireland - would be a good shout. Seems like a smart guy.

Have to say any half decent manager should be able to get us back challenging for 3rd again pretty quickly.

bawheid
15-11-2011, 07:33 AM

Why was he quoted for both Dundee United and St Johnstone? :confused:

offshorehibby
15-11-2011, 08:39 AM

Did he not turn down the ST J job

Beefster
15-11-2011, 08:59 AM

He played for both of them so I'm not sure the point.

Andy74
15-11-2011, 09:06 AM

It is a part of it though, and rightly so.

If there are a couple of people both able to do the job I think you would have to go with the one who had played here before, particularly if they were a bit of a cult hero.

It maybe hasn't always worked this way but that person does have the bonus of knowing the club and the culture and and it is very important to have an affinity with the fans and for them to back you and support you.

It shouldn't be the only factor of course but I think it's a valid one to bear in mind when looking at all the boxes you want ticked.

bawheid
15-11-2011, 09:17 AM
He played for both of them so I'm not sure the point.

Apologies, didn't realise he had played for St Johnstone.

HibbyDave
15-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Billy Stark?

yekimevol
15-11-2011, 08:49 PM
billy davis he has had to clean up caldos mess before and done it very well !!!

Melvin Hibs
16-11-2011, 06:47 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15748989.stm

Could this be Michael O'Neill saying Come and get me?

:flag:

Kaiser1962
16-11-2011, 07:38 AM
billy davis he has had to clean up caldos mess before and done it very well !!!

Did he? He took over and was given money that wasn't available to Calderwood and his remit was to get Forest out of the Championship and, to that end, he outspent all of his rivals and failed to achieve the stated goal.

Recent Hibs managers have been lambasted for very similar.

greenlex
16-11-2011, 07:42 AM
What pledge. :confused: Nothing sinister Silver. He just refused to run a duster round Lennoxtown. He was more of a Mr Sheen man.

smurf
16-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Did he? He took over and was given money that wasn't available to Calderwood and his remit was to get Forest out of the Championship and, to that end, he outspent all of his rivals and failed to achieve the stated goal.

Recent Hibs managers have been lambasted for very similar.

What rivals did he outspend?

If the club haven't at least approached Davies I would be disappointed. He's to my mind the obvious candidate.

Cropley10
16-11-2011, 11:01 AM
What rivals did he outspend?

If the club haven't at least approached Davies I would be disappointed. He's to my mind the obvious candidate.

I keep hearing Billy Davies name mentioned. Am I missing the point, but surely he's looking for either an EPL or Championship job, no? What would be the appeal of Hibs, after his recent experiences with Forest?? :confused:

Jack
16-11-2011, 11:37 AM
I keep hearing Billy Davies name mentioned. Am I missing the point, but surely he's looking for either an EPL or Championship job, no? What would be the appeal of Hibs, after his recent experiences with Forest?? :confused:

The reasons why I think they are credible options.

1. There are fairly decent sources or enough folk say each one would take the job if offered, this is the major reason for not excluding Davis.

2. I don’t think the salary available, or lack of, will put any of them off. Remember Davis followed CC to Forrest and CC ended up here – that’s maybe a bit of a convoluted bit of logic but its mine anyway! :na na: Add win bonuses to what CC got and that is a very significant sum and not just in our league.

3. Both Michael O’Neill and Gordon Strachan have property and businesses in Edinburgh.

4. Billy Davis and Gordon Strachan are currently unemployed although I think that’s more important for attracting Davis. Ginge does TV work for pin money.

5. I understand Gordon Strachan is currently living in Edinburgh, so I’m assuming the family are with him and also ‘happy’ to be here.

6. Hibs must be an easy gig. Over the 40+ years I’ve supported them they have, for the point of arguing, been the 4th biggest club in the country and following from that the 4th biggest budget. Yet on average we’re 6th in the league – any manager will be looking at these basic stats and thinking ‘I can do that, I can get 4th’ – even 5th is better than average. These arrogant, egotistical *******s will think that’s a piece of piss. And lets not talk about cup success in that time!!!!

7. Just punching our weight we should be in [the shop window of] Europe EVERY year, their job to get us there, again doddle.

8. Who wouldn’t want to live in Edinburgh, or its surroundings?

9. Who wouldn’t want to work for a stable club?

10. Who wouldn’t want to work with the facilities Hibs have?

I’ll remain with these 3 as my chosen credible options for the next Hibs manager.

10˝ No SPL experience is a non-argument, BB is here till the end of the season – at least.

smurf
16-11-2011, 11:56 AM

He was on record just a few weeks back as saying he would be open to Scottish offers.